t-28 tracks, meh, tracks in general

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

jnzl #1 Posted 12 October 2010 - 01:19 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
3 games, 9 trackings, thats right NINE, and four were from one game alone.... would probably be alot more if i didnt get taken down so fast.

I know the t-28 isnt alone with this laughable survivability, the armors bad enough alone, bad armor + bad tracks = bad times.

This is a joke right, i mean, your 'beta' testing tracks, eh?

Darklynx #2 Posted 12 October 2010 - 01:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 17754 battles
Aehm? okay the t-28 is a t-4 tank.....
He goes down very fast

BUT

the 85mm gun he gets is way devestating. I killed an is3 with 12% with 2 shoots.

So i think hes good as he is now

Ghosth #3 Posted 12 October 2010 - 01:27 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
From what I've seen, coming up the Russian side, is that T-28 often gets thrown into match's with much heavier tanks.
Normally they do a very good job of scouting for the heavy's. Since I'm hanging back in the bush's scouts are death to me. As a result they are my first target of choice. I suspect SPG's feel the same way.

Given a KV side by side with a T28 I'll take the 28 out first every time.
Then start trying to pick away at the KV.

Consider yourself lucky that you were not killed with the first 2 shots.
Instead you just took track damage, had to repair, and able to rejoin the fight.

jnzl #4 Posted 12 October 2010 - 01:47 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Oh i wasnt facing heavy tanks :D

PzIII ausf A
t-46
Luchs/leopards
Other t-28s

Etc etc

Anything bigger than that and im one shotted.

Feindfeuer #5 Posted 12 October 2010 - 01:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 8839 battles
I got a T28 myself and love it. Sure it gets immobilised easily and if a T28 is immobile while under fire it's as good as dead. But its laughable armor and Hitpoints are countered by it's good accerleration (when fully upgraded) and it's great offensive power with it's 85mm gun. Which is, by the way, one of the reasons why i fire on T28 when in one of my Heavys. A T28 can easily penetrate my IS3 frontaly when firing on my lower glacis plate, if it's able to flank me or get some rearshots it will make a mess out of my subsystems, practicaly disableing my tank. So it's always a priority for my to one-shot those fast, agile little damagedealers before firing on the slower moving behemoths who may need another half minute before beeing able to flank me.

This sometimes sucks for the T28 driver, but it's cheap to repair and rearm, you should even make some profit without premium and not shooting anything (tough not much) so no need to worry about getting killed before archiving anything. Just get another Tank to drive while one burns out in the field. :)

sharlin648 #6 Posted 16 October 2010 - 07:12 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
My T-28's crew is at 91% and I've elited the thing out, fitted her with a rammer, spall liner and improved suspention and I will never sell her.  The gun can spit out a horrific rate of shots, in quite a few battles i've emptied my shot locker and got good results whilst doing so.  Yes its fragile, yes its got a huuuge profile but don't underestimate a T-28 otherwise you could find yourself being take out by a multi-turreted freak-baby you never saw coming.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users