T34-85 modeling issues and weapon mistakes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

Syllas #1 Posted 12 October 2010 - 11:25 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
i've noticed some weird things that you might not have seen.
1 first is the right track. look at the photo. (photo 1)         

2 the roadwheels,in many photos the wheels look like those of the T43.in game they look like the old T34s wheels. because its a later model the wheels should be replaced with the newer wheels wich look like the T43s.not that it matters anyway but i thought i should mention it.

3 the guns are wrong. the D5 came before the S-53. the S-53 was a lighter gun with a longer barrel than the D5 and had better muzzle velocity thus better penetration. so if you wanna be correct the D5 must come first and get shortened. then the S-53 will come as a more powerfull gun,lighter and with a longer barrel. and the gun mantle of the D5 is wrong. and btw the D5 wasnt so thing as its in the game. should also get fixed. (see photo 2)         

also the 100mm gun is modeled wrong. it was longer and with some kind of muzzle brake on the end.the one with the small slices. actualy i'm talking about the 100mm gun of the T44 just as it was before the wipe. remember it? that's how it was on the T34.(see photo 3)         

EDIT: and another thing that needs fixing is the ventilation cover. its tilted in a weird way. it should be level.and the commanders cupola looks weird.it looks like its buried in the turret.i dont say any observation slots.
and some photos of the wheels i mentioned.
Dished wheels         
Half Spider wheels         

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot_053.jpg   302.54K
  • Attached File   phoca_thumb_l_t34_85_31.jpg   101.46K
  • Attached File   phoca_thumb_l_t34_100_02.jpg   136.31K
  • Attached File   t34wheel_1.jpg   8.33K
  • Attached File   t34wheel_2.jpg   12K

ivanzu #2 Posted 12 October 2010 - 11:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 3369 battles
  • [-HIT-] -HIT-
First they cant recreate it 100% they are not using laser to scan the real tank and than put it in 3dsmax.They are using normal mouse or pen.: And it is more upgrade of t-34 then new tank its just new turret and bigger gun on T-34 hull. :)

Syllas #3 Posted 12 October 2010 - 11:41 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
i dont think that you realy understood my point...and i said it a simple as i could. frankly i dont even understand what you say. anyway i wont argue over this. this post was not created for a disscusion. only for the admins or the devs to see it and take it into consideration. and btw, i dont seek the visual perfection,i dont care about minor details. just the historic authenticity.

amade #4 Posted 12 October 2010 - 11:48 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Translator
  • 0 battles

View Postivanzu, on 12 October 2010 - 11:33 PM, said:

First they cant recreate it 100% they are not using laser to scan the real tank and than put it in 3dsmax.They are using normal mouse or pen.: And it is more upgrade of t-34 then new tank its just new turret and bigger gun on T-34 hull. :)

Remodeling the road wheels isn't a particularly difficult thing to do... in fact if the mesh doesn't even need to be remodeled (I can't recall how the T-43 wheels look like exactly) maybe all it needs is a retexture.

Syllas #5 Posted 12 October 2010 - 11:52 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postamade, on 12 October 2010 - 11:48 PM, said:

Remodeling the road wheels isn't a particularly difficult thing to do... in fact if the mesh doesn't even need to be remodeled (I can't recall how the T-43 wheels look like exactly) maybe all it needs is a retexture.

well since the wheels exist on another tank allready a remodeling isnt even necesary. but the wheels arent importan as there are many T34-85s with the old wheels. on the other hand the rest of what i mentioned may be a bit tricky. a remodeling is needed. except for the 100mm gun ofc wich existed pre-wipe. i hope it still does now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users