Stop making whine threads on this forum!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
52 replies to this topic

Trilandian #1 Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:38 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 5938 battles
  • [DBDH] DBDH

POPULAR

When I joined WoT, and, by extension, its forum, 2 months ago, I don't recall it having so many whine threads on it, but now, nearly half the front page is composed of whine threads, with new ones popping up each day.

To be clear, I'm not talking about people discussing how this game could be made better, I'm talking about people who make completely unconstructive whine threads about the exact same things:

Waaah! This game sucks! I'm leaving!

Then shut up and gtfo! We are neither your friends not your family, so why in the hell should we care about what you do in your spare time? If you want to leave, just f**king go, and don't clog up the forum with your bellyaching.

Waaah! Arty is OP! It can shoot me even when I can't see it! It one-shots my crew and modules! Remove it from the game!

If SPGs are the hands of god you make them out to be, then stop whining and play one (or is it that you already tried and sucked horribly at it?). As someone who plays arty a lot, and also as someone who takes notice under which circumstances arty kills me, I can tell you that it happens when A) you have been spotted (and you should know when that happens), and B) you are standing still with no cover. Just avoid making yourself a target and the SPG driver will switch to someone more careless. There's nothing special about you, and the big bad arty isn't out to get you; there are 14 other players on your team who are just as likely as you to be targeted.

As for the crew thing, they already said they'll be patching it in 0.7.5 (although it was painfully obvious before they even announced it), so stop crying about it.

Get it through your skulls, SPGs are here to stay, and no amount of whining will make them go away, so do something more constructive with your time aside from making arty whine threads.

Waaah! My tank is UP! WG is biased against it!

Is someone forcing you to play that tank? Is there a gun pointed to your head, with someone saying "Play that tank or you're dead!"? No? Then stop being a ninny and quit playing it! What kind of a masochist are you, that you're playing an underperforming tank on purpose? There are 4 nations with several tank trees to choose from in each one, just pick another tank ffs.

And the argument of "I grinded for that tank for a long time" is not valid, because if you didn't enjoy that "grind", then I'm afraid to say that you're in the wrong goddamn game. May I suggest DOTA 2? I hear they have all the heroes unlocked right from the start.

Waaah! Tank X is OP! WG is biased towards it!

And the thing that's stopping you from getting that tank is...? Seriously, don't be an idiot, just get it and either A) it will be as OP as you imagined and you'll pwn with it, or B) you'll realize it's not OP at all, and that you were a moron to think otherwise; my money is on option B.

This is a gameplay discussion forum, not your personal diary where you write about your personal grief. Grow up and man up (also applies to the ladies). Either discuss this game's problems constructively, or shut the hell up, and stop bothering the rest of us with your sob stories.

Flobdeth #2 Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:42 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Clan Commander
  • 25302 battles
  • [-TXG-] -TXG-
Stop whining about whining!

Tomcio199214 #3 Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:42 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
well I will agree with you in topic where Tier X is OP My T110 is nerfed because dude on T-44 couldn't defeat it from front, where is only advantage of T110 and he wanted to weak the rate of fire 120mm gun from 6.45 rounds per minute now T110 shoots only 6 times

bravotango #4 Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 28002 battles
  • [BFUSQ] BFUSQ

View PostTrilandian, on 20 July 2012 - 08:38 PM, said:

When I joined WoT, and, by extension, its forum, 2 months ago, I don't recall it having so many whine threads on it, but now, nearly half the front page is composed of whine threads, with new ones popping up each day.

You should have seen it in beta or after release. It was way worse. Also people are not whining, they only sharing their thoughts, especially near patch releases. Freedom speech.

TopSecret81 #5 Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 65156 battles
  • [C_V] C_V
Hell yea + from me

I used to enjoy reading this forum even troll posts used to be good, now 4 out of 5 posts are about whining..

Galm1 #6 Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25340 battles
I don't have a +1 to give you. Here's 9001 internets.

Navarome #7 Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:05 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 26773 battles
  • [GOP-A] GOP-A
i gona give you an +1 tomorrow

View PostFlobdeth, on 20 July 2012 - 08:42 PM, said:

Stop whining about whining!

stop whining , about his whining about whining

Trilandian #8 Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:09 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 5938 battles
  • [DBDH] DBDH

View PostNavarome, on 20 July 2012 - 09:05 PM, said:

Thank you! I had no idea how to respond to that. :Smile-tongue:

casusbelli15 #9 Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 100004 battles
I rarely self-indulge in anything close to a whine,
but I can see and understand that for others its cathartic after:
a losing streak,a sick game that should have been won, a one shot arty intsa-kill on their brand new unsinkable Titanic-Tier-X beast...etc

I seem to recall this  paradox from somewhere:
What's better than a perfect meal?
...A perfect meal with one little fault that you can complain about.

Demostrating that people enjoy complaining!

Anything that looks like a whine thread, don't look at it, anything disguised as a  thread that adds value, but turns out to be a whine thread, close it and look elsewhere.
Creating a thread to voice your concerns about others whining isn't going to do much good...

But I'll bet you felt just a little cathartic to type it releasing some pent up vexation?

GL & GH In-game!

Edited by casusbelli15, 20 July 2012 - 09:33 PM.

Deinhardt #10 Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:26 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7900 battles
Oh look, a thread started by someone who clearly knows everything. Who is ironically whining himself, way to go to add to the numbers.

Cuddly_Spider #11 Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:29 PM

Major

• Player
  • 28312 battles
I whine constantly. Here, here, here, and here for example.

I do try my best to be somewhat constructive though, and keep the tantrum part to a bare minimum.

SmellyOne #12 Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21664 battles
If only he knew...

TOP_GUN_MAV #13 Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 11415 battles
+1 OP, my sentiments precisely.

View PostNavarome, on 20 July 2012 - 09:05 PM, said:

Stop whining about him whining about whining about whiners whining. Whiner.

Edited by DarkFenix, 20 July 2012 - 09:42 PM.

Shanina #14 Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 8989 battles
  • [ROZA] ROZA
Reading the forum it sometimes feels like I'm one of the very few who actually like this game :Smile-hiding:

But then again, I think when 100 complain, how many don't complain and just enjoy the game? 10.000? 100.000? probably many more.
People who have no brain damaging frustrations have no real reason to post. That's probably good, because when all who had some good games or just like this game will post stuff like this:
-Hiya! I just had 3 great games. Cool!
-Hullo people! I just got my new tank and it's lovely!
-Wow! was an amazing victory. We won 15 to 2. I feel sorry for the losing side, because they had some less gifted players I think.
-Ah well, I lost some games, but yesterday I won most, so all is fine.
-It was fun being on the bottom of the list, I even damaged some high tier tanks.
-Minutes ago I played an awesome game, we lost but it was close and the enemy really played very good. Cheers to them!

No forum will survive a flood of happy people :Smile_veryhappy:

Edited by Shanina, 20 July 2012 - 09:47 PM.

Zythius #15 Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7013 battles
Yes, please, moderators: use the ban hammer more against people that post whine-stuff with no real substance.

BattleMetalChris #16 Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:46 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9224 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I feel like the whine/anti-whine threads have ramped up considerably in just the past week (something I freely admit to adding to a little). I think it's going to come to a head in the next few days and we'll emerge, blinking at the sunlight, trying to remember what just happened. :Smile_smile:

BattleMetalChris #17 Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:48 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9224 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostZythius, on 20 July 2012 - 09:45 PM, said:

Yes, please, moderators: use the ban hammer more against people that post whine-stuff with no real substance.

Then the whiners will just start going "See? They've got it in for people who hate <insert gameplay mechanic>, they delete all the threads about it!!"

SmellyOne #18 Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21664 battles

View PostBattleMetalChris, on 20 July 2012 - 09:48 PM, said:

Then the whiners will just start going "See? They've got it in for people who hate <insert gameplay mechanic>, they delete all the threads about it!!"

So let me see if i get it right: youre the expert on this game with just under 3000 battles. Since you havent experienced the worst part of this game - poorly balanced high tier tanks and so on (you only have 1 tier 7) - from your point of view everyone who says "that tier X is underperforming" is automatically a "whiner", despite the fact that youre, for example, 3 tiers away from having any experience with that tank, and knowing what that person is really talking about?

Is it a bit unfair for you to "label" people like that? Really?

Edit: and the same goes to OP.

Trilandian #19 Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:05 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 5938 battles
  • [DBDH] DBDH

View PostSmellyOne, on 20 July 2012 - 10:00 PM, said:

So let me see if i get it right: youre the expert on this game with just under 3000 battles. Since you havent experienced the worst part of this game - poorly balanced high tier tanks and so on (you only have 1 tier 7) - from your point of view everyone who says "that tier X is underperforming" is automatically a "whiner", despite the fact that youre, for example, 3 tiers away from having any experience with that tank, and knowing what that person is really talking about?

Is it a bit unfair for you to "label" people like that? Really?

Edit: and the same goes to OP.

No one's forcing you to play an underperfoming tank.

SmellyOne #20 Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21664 battles

View PostTrilandian, on 20 July 2012 - 10:05 PM, said:

No one's forcing you to play an underperfoming tank.

Thats true but in order to get to "that" tank that you want, you have to go through some that are "underperfoming".

Oh wait so your next argument is gonna be "who is forcing you play at all?", and what could possibly say to that...

Well how about this: why dont you get a high tier, or even better an end tier tank first, and then come back here and tell us some more about whining please.

Edit: after a year of playing, ill just tell you this much: all arty and other balancing issues aside, there are plenty of other things people complain about, and rightfully so. You cant possibly understand how it is for someone who grinds a line from tier 1 to tier 9 or 10 only to see their new tank nerfed to death in the next patch. Sometimes WG is just THAT bad.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users