Jump to content


Bat Chatillon 155 = the bigest cheater vehicle in WOT


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
66 replies to this topic

Trilandian #21 Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:56 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 2,223
  • Member since:
    05-13-2012

View PostDark_Cartographer, on 21 July 2012 - 10:49 AM, said:

Linking to your own thread is in bad taste mate.

I could have just said "Stop whining", but that would be out of context. :Smile_harp:

Yamaxanadu #22 Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:58 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 5,217
  • Member since:
    10-07-2011
It was hilarious to see how 3 BC155 pummeled MAUS for three minutes, taking around 120-180 points of damage.

Hard_Target #23 Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:02 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 751
  • Member since:
    02-17-2011

View PostNyck307, on 21 July 2012 - 10:53 AM, said:

Batchat 155 has only 4 shells??

And how did he shot my friend´s T34 three times ( from 100% life to 0% in 3 shots: first hit tracked, second hit motor and cannon damaged, third hit destroyed) and then shot at my T-44 3 times ( from 100% life to 0% in 3 shots: first hit double-tracked, second hit ammo rack damaged and driver killed, third hit destroyed) and then, with the seventh shot, he countered our GWTiger. And that happend in less than 40 seconds

:Smile-hiding:  I saw BC one shooted t34(and saw alot where he do 50%+damage).But u need to understand the fact that BC 155 is still T8 arty.

Dark_Cartographer #24 Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:06 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 1,170
  • Member since:
    11-25-2010

View PostNyck307, on 21 July 2012 - 10:53 AM, said:

Batchat 155 has only 4 shells??

[.....]

I think you have misunderstood this. It has a clip/magazine with 4 shells in it, then it has to reload....it has more than four in storage so to speak.

ico #25 Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:07 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 534
  • Member since:
    10-03-2010
http://wiki.worldoft...t_Chatillon_155

- the most notable feature is it's fully rotational turret. This gives the Bat Chat 155 a huge advantage over the other tier 8 artilleries, the ability to span the entire map without having to turn the hull and reset the gun's aim time.
- Another scary feature is it's 4 round drum auto-loader
- as with most french tanks, it is quite mobile, making counter battering this vehicle nearly impossible.

so it's a T8 SU26 with a Gatling gun and as fast as a light tank
definitely not overpowered

making OP tanks is one thing but making OP SPG which can't be killed is another, as if SPGs aren't already the cancer of this game

Edited by ico, 21 July 2012 - 11:09 AM.


Nyck307 #26 Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:08 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 39
  • Member since:
    07-21-2011
No, I know what magazin is. I meant how it can shoot 7 times in 1 Minute when it has only a Four-Shell magazin

rockmonkey #27 Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:09 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 909
  • Member since:
    12-13-2010
I would rather be shot by French arty than one shotted by other nations

ico #28 Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:11 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 534
  • Member since:
    10-03-2010

View PostNyck307, on 21 July 2012 - 11:08 AM, said:

No, I know what magazin is. I meant how it can shoot 7 times in 1 Minute when it has only a Four-Shell magazin
the loading time is 1 minute so it can shoot 8 shells in that time
4 at the start and after 1 min another 4

View Postrockmonkey, on 21 July 2012 - 11:09 AM, said:

I would rather be shot by French arty than one shotted by other nations
that's not the problem, it's just the team with BChat who isn't an absolute idiot has the biggest chance to win, because OP arti
i.e. SU14 and S51 are T6 but have T7 guns which makes them OP in their tier, but BChat is much worse

Edited by ico, 21 July 2012 - 11:15 AM.


Woel #29 Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:12 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 1,472
  • Member since:
    01-27-2012

View Postico, on 21 July 2012 - 10:49 AM, said:

I see it all the time
arti got spotted, BChat killed all spotted arti alone, normally one arti can kill only one arti, but this cheater thing can kill all enemy arti
and BChat can much better counter scouts than any other arti
BChat has the most kills, having badly damaged tanks is still much better than when they are killed
I saw that teams with BChat always won
BChat will decide the battle at the end where most the tanks are badly damaged, at that time it can really kill 4 tanks in one go and easily win the game
I would like to see the win ratio of it

the effective damage is maybe like a Hummel but still having 4 Hummels > 1 T8 arti
and the speed is just ridiculous, I had to chase it with AMX1390 and it nearly got away
Care to share one of those replays where a BatChat155 kills 3-4 SPGs in one go? Personally I've yet to see that happen and it's not like I haven't played several hundreds of high tier battles ever since BatChat155 was added.
As for defending from scouts, I think it's only fair to give some survivability for its lack of firepower compared to other SPGs, I'm pretty sure they'll suffer from some minor nerfs in the close future anyways.
And yes, BatChat155 gets a lot of kills, because they're used to finish off almost dead targets. But if you look their damage per kill ratios, I could swear it's a bit lower than those of the other 3 SPGs. If I'd use my 261 to kill almost dead tanks all the time, then I'd get a lot of kills too. Simple as that.

The win ratio will be obviously rather high, as mostly players who spent a great deal of gold on it have them (usually well above average players) or those who are rather hardcore players (also well above average WoT players). Therefore it'll take time until plants and bots get it, so it'll obviously higher win ratio than other SPGs. Also let's not mention for a solo arty player win ratio often doesn't mean anything, as you completely rely on your team (can get you replays on defeats where I've done damage from 7k to 8,4k and victories where I couldn't hit a barn.)



View Postico, on 21 July 2012 - 11:11 AM, said:

the loading time is 1 minute so it can shoot 8 shells in that time
4 at the start and after 1 min another 4

It can't shoot 8 shells in one minute. In fact even if the BatChat155 is standing still and shooting at the same place as soon as possible, it takes about 14-20 seconds to fire the whole clip (can't remember exactly, so I stand corrected in this case). That's about half of the reload time of a GW Typ E. Then let's not mention, that only once I've seen a platoon of 2 BatChat155 shooting without moving, they got countered right away and started crying about it. Therefore yes, if you're looking at the data sheet of the vehicle, it might appear that it can deal a great amount of damage and everything works out just fine, too bad it almost never happens. It's the same with JagdTiger: it has the best gun in game with huge DPM, oh but wait, out of 500-ish battles I could count it on one of my hands when was I able to shoot for a minute straight without having to take cover or get away.

Edited by Woel, 21 July 2012 - 11:26 AM.


Terran_wrath #30 Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:22 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 2,162
  • Member since:
    04-28-2011

View PostNyck307, on 21 July 2012 - 11:08 AM, said:

No, I know what magazin is. I meant how it can shoot 7 times in 1 Minute when it has only a Four-Shell magazin

Replay pls... else pls go to basic school again(or just stop trolling).

Cheers! :Smile_honoring:

Nyck307 #31 Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:23 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 39
  • Member since:
    07-21-2011
he shoot... 3 seconds break... shoot... 3 seconds break... shoot ( My friends T34 is destroyed) ... 8 seconds break... shoot... 3 seconds break... shoot... 3 seconds break... shoot ( My T-44 is destroyed) ... 10 seconds break... shoot ( Our GWTiger was countered)
How can that happen?

Homer_J #32 Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:24 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 12,871
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostPoly89, on 21 July 2012 - 10:43 AM, said:

BatChat 155 is ok. Only annoying thing is he can shoot on the move with enormous accuracy

I look forward to your replay demonstrating this ability. :Smile_popcorn1:

Nyck307 #33 Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:24 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 39
  • Member since:
    07-21-2011

View PostTerran_wrath, on 21 July 2012 - 11:22 AM, said:

Replay pls... else pls go to basic school again(or just stop trolling).

Cheers! :Smile_honoring:


Sorry, my Replay-function is always turned off

Edit: Why the minus?

Edited by Nyck307, 02 August 2012 - 07:23 PM.


ico #34 Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:25 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 534
  • Member since:
    10-03-2010

View PostWoel, on 21 July 2012 - 11:12 AM, said:

Care to share one of those replays where a BatChat155 kills 3-4 SPGs in one go? Personally I've yet to see that happen and it's not like I haven't played several hundreds of high tier battles ever since BatChat155 was added.
As for defending from scouts, I think it's only fair to give some survivability for its lack of firepower compared to other SPGs, I'm pretty sure they'll suffer from some minor nerfs in the close future anyways.
And yes, BatChat155 gets a lot of kills, because they're used to finish off almost dead targets. But if you look their damage per kill ratios, I could swear it's a bit lower than those of the other 3 SPGs. If I'd use my 261 to kill almost dead tanks all the time, then I'd get a lot of kills too. Simple as that.

The win ratio will be obviously rather high, as mostly players who spent a great deal of gold on it have them (usually well above average players) or those who are rather hardcore players (also well above average WoT players). Therefore it'll take time until plants and bots get it, so it'll obviously higher win ratio than other SPGs. Also let's not mention for a solo arty player win ratio often doesn't mean anything, as you completely rely on your team (can get you replays on defeats where I've done damage from 7k to 8,4k and victories where I couldn't hit a barn.)
the average intelligence of a (gold) wot player
- talking about damage
- admitting high kill numbers
- admitting high win ratio
- while trying so sound that bchat isn't OP
gold players like you are everything wrong with this game

the thing that matters is to kill tanks, damage alone is nothing
a T10 with 1% HP could still do as much damage as if he had 100%, but a dead T10 can't


the 1min loading is just a lame excuse
i.e. with Hummel and GWPanther I had much shorter loading but had to wait much longer (longer than 1 min) till I could get a good shot and even after that I could shoot only once, and 50% of it missed while that cheater arti can shoot 4 times (so at least 2 shots will definitely hit)

Edited by ico, 21 July 2012 - 11:38 AM.


Woras #35 Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:34 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 2,333
  • Member since:
    12-23-2011
Why do even moderators lets this thread appear? It will bring no good - just some negative rep to author

knightM #36 Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:37 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 1,428
  • Member since:
    02-20-2012
Think it's also a lot about what people are used to with arty.

Mostly tanks move from one positions that they think is arty safe to another, and vs all the slow high level arties this mostly works. Obviously moving only after the arty has fired.
Vs french arties it's the complete opposite tactic that works, as very few positions are safe, so rushing a weaker flank is much better idea as there won't suddenly be 1 arty shot that kills you from full health.

French arties are rather weak at the beginning of any game where the 1 shot massive damage hits can change things a lot. But they are very good later in the game when most tanks are moving around with low HPs and most of the map is empty.

They do deserve some nerfs that they are getting specially to the accuracy on the move and gun depression as currently they can run at 60 km/h past a tank and hit it without slowing down then keep running away at 60, or ram a T-50-2 at full speed and then shoot it. Not sure about the RoF nerfs, on 155 50 they do seem rather significant.

pR1sm #37 Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:38 AM

    Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 261
  • Member since:
    11-26-2010

View PostCuddly_Spider, on 21 July 2012 - 10:23 AM, said:

The batcat also has armor made of plum pudding. Admittedly when you're in a Soviet heavy with a reload time counted in minutes they can be painful, they truly are the bane of my otherwise beloved IS-8, as well as artilery if they get behind your lines with that speed of theirs, but a worthy and balanced tier X medium I think they will make. Their weaknesses compensate for their power.

hes talking about the arty version mate

Jerrycan #38 Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:41 AM

    First Sergeant

  • WGL PRO Player
  • 0 battles
  • 1,083
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010
Nothing beats the fun when one of those things hit an IS-4 for 1.5k damage.

Woel #39 Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:43 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 1,472
  • Member since:
    01-27-2012

View Postico, on 21 July 2012 - 11:25 AM, said:

the average intelligence of a (gold) wot player
- talking about damage
- admitting high kill numbers
- admitting high win ratio
- while trying so sound that bchat isn't OP
gold players like you are everything wrong with this game

the thing that matters is to kill tanks, damage alone is nothing
a T10 with 1% HP could still do as much damage as if he had 100%, but a dead T10 can't

the 1min loading is just a lame excuse
i.e. with Hummel and GWPanther I had much shorter loading but had to wait much longer (longer than 1 min) till I could get a good shot and even after that I could shoot only once, and 50% of it missed while that cheater arti can shoot 4 times (so at least 2 shots will definitely hit)
Oh, I think someone went a bit personal there. I'm totally sorry that I have premium account and a Type 59, pretty sure it reduced my intelligence to a whole lower level.
Ironically a gold player like myself doesn't play BatChat155 nor planning on it anytime soon. Therefore if it's really OP, then I'm basically risking my GW Typ E and Object 261 getting countered along with 3 other SPGs in one clip in the same battle. Also I'm risking my mediums and heavies getting completely destroyed by BatChat155 vehicles by receiving 300 damages every now and then.

I admitted all those above (also admitted that BatChat155 has much lower damage per kill). But the truth is, the people who get tanks faster are obsessed with the game and often very good at it. They also platoon a lot, increasing their chances of winning. While the average player takes a while to grind the ~700k experience, especially if they're not that good. But once they're there, you better bet the win ratios are going down.

I completely agree about killing also. The only thing there is, someone has to take down the T10 to 1% HP first. Other SPGs are more capable of doing that. Maybe they won't waste a shell on it, once it has 1% HP left, but guess what, anyone can use a HE shell just to finish off the 1% HP target, after all it takes less effort than getting it down to 1%.
If you ask your team whether they want to see the strongest opponent on 1% HP or they want you to finish off the target once they've taken it down to 1%, guess what will they choose?


Edit:
As for the 1 min reload. So what if you're reloading when the fight is going on? The BatChat arty can as well miss the window of opportunity, as with your GWPanther. The only difference is, that a rush rarely takes less than 20 seconds, therefore you could reload with your GWPanther by then. But why am I even talking about this? Test servers are on, go grind a BatChat155 and an Object 261 or GW Typ E for yourself. I tried them all, BatChat155 did the worst in my case. How many T8 SPGs did you actually play?

Edited by Woel, 21 July 2012 - 11:51 AM.


dimovski #40 Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:46 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 1,113
  • Member since:
    04-21-2011

View PostDark_Cartographer, on 21 July 2012 - 10:20 AM, said:

:arta:

The first of the day. 1250 is max damage with a PENETRATING HE round...never happens. Damage is more along the lines of 500 hp per direct hit and much less with splash.

If you let him drop all four rounds on your head, who's to blame?
its more like 700 on my maus