Jump to content


A Question for VK-2801 Drivers...


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

Tazilon #21 Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:51 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 966 battles
  • 1,746
  • Member since:
    03-31-2012

View Postnubacc, on 31 July 2012 - 09:39 PM, said:

No matter of matchups with VK2801 it does very well if driven properly.
Tazilion - ur guide is awsome and actually ur guide made me decide to do VK2801 ;] 1st 40 games were rly tough coz of stock vk and me not being able to rate what i am able to do and what i am not. However now is better and better. The only problem with VK and every other t5 LT is that their cradit factors are somehow worse than leopard's and they cost much more to repair for no reason. Let s face the truth - noone is playing T5 LT at CW.

1)  They are designed to be tough to make money with for a reason.   Wargaming doesn't want the game to be only Top Tier tanks.  They want to force you to play other tanks to finance your best ones so there are lower tier tanks for new players to play against.  However, it is fairly easy to make money with a Cougar once you fine tune your play style.

2)  Let's face the truth - way more people play Pubs than play CW :)

3)  Ty for your comments on the Guide!

_Aztec_ #22 Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:28 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 17081 battles
  • 377
  • Member since:
    02-07-2012

View PostTazilon, on 21 July 2012 - 02:47 PM, said:

I have been Top Tank in my Cougar 7 times now.  Here is one that happened last night.  Note the Top Tank of the other team.... ALSO a 2801!

Posted Image
Zomg! You can basicly 1 shot everything there.

HariSeldon #23 Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:02 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 39557 battles
  • 1,161
  • Member since:
    11-28-2011
We want that replay ASAP Taz, and I will send you to a burning russian hell if you dont win that match xDDDDD


Btw, I see many battles with Cougar and 50-2 now where I'm bottom tier, and the enemy bottom is a tier 6-8 light, and ....imagine when type 62 appear. Tier V MM must be fixed somehow, like always having a similar counter (Chafee-Cougar-50/2) not to face the tier 6 and above lights.


I dont mind if Cougar had a little more life (in the past 12t and amx13 90/75 die with shoot.ram shoot, but now they have more life =/), right now with the upper tier lights, MM seems odd.

Tazilon #24 Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:48 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 966 battles
  • 1,746
  • Member since:
    03-31-2012

View PostHariSeldon, on 14 August 2012 - 03:02 AM, said:

We want that replay ASAP Taz, and I will send you to a burning russian hell if you dont win that match xDDDDD


Btw, I see many battles with Cougar and 50-2 now where I'm bottom tier, and the enemy bottom is a tier 6-8 light, and ....imagine when type 62 appear. Tier V MM must be fixed somehow, like always having a similar counter (Chafee-Cougar-50/2) not to face the tier 6 and above lights.


I dont mind if Cougar had a little more life (in the past 12t and amx13 90/75 die with shoot.ram shoot, but now they have more life =/), right now with the upper tier lights, MM seems odd.

We won but I only got 2 kills.  I went in and killed the arty and got raped but they all chased me and forget the rest of the team so we kicked their butts

Unforgiving_Destiny #25 Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:46 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 49541 battles
  • 508
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    04-29-2011

View PostTazilon, on 21 July 2012 - 04:14 PM, said:

The Battle Tiers for Tier V Scouts do not change.

That's true, however since that change I notice a much more lower tier (7-8) battles in T5 lights than before. The distribution of tiers changed and somehow T5 lights were affected.

I believe this was indirectly impacted by the lower battle spread, the same effect seems to populate highest tier battles with T9-10 tanks and T7-8 arties only.

To be honest I am not sure if this change is good or not for scouts...

bosqit #26 Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:56 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 50069 battles
  • 268
  • [4KDPG] 4KDPG
  • Member since:
    03-03-2012

View Postkstoff, on 27 August 2012 - 08:46 AM, said:

To be honest I am not sure if this change is good or not for scouts...

I actually prefer to play VK with t8-t10 battles - they usually can use the spotting well, in lower tiers it happens to be opposite...(if I rush to do quick spot, sometimes they rush after me :P ,which ends badly for them).

Tazilon #27 Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:46 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 966 battles
  • 1,746
  • Member since:
    03-31-2012

View Postkstoff, on 27 August 2012 - 08:46 AM, said:

That's true, however since that change I notice a much more lower tier (7-8) battles in T5 lights than before. The distribution of tiers changed and somehow T5 lights were affected.

I believe this was indirectly impacted by the lower battle spread, the same effect seems to populate highest tier battles with T9-10 tanks and T7-8 arties only.

To be honest I am not sure if this change is good or not for scouts...

I just did a 1,000 battle 7.4 vs 100 battle 7.5 comparison and the MM changes hurt us badly.  I posted the results on the NA server.  Our average starting position has dropped almost 2 full spots.  Combine that with the fact our high level battles now have way more high level tanks and we got nerfed bigtime.

Unforgiving_Destiny #28 Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:11 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 49541 battles
  • 508
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    04-29-2011

View PostTazilon, on 27 August 2012 - 11:46 PM, said:

I just did a 1,000 battle 7.4 vs 100 battle 7.5 comparison and the MM changes hurt us badly.  I posted the results on the NA server.  Our average starting position has dropped almost 2 full spots.  Combine that with the fact our high level battles now have way more high level tanks and we got nerfed bigtime.

That's interesting. I have exactly opposite feeling. In all three T5 lights I am seeing more lower tier battles. But I do not play them as much as you do :Smile_veryhappy: .

madmatone #29 Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:20 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 11610 battles
  • 796
  • Member since:
    06-30-2011

View Postkstoff, on 28 August 2012 - 12:11 PM, said:

That's interesting. I have exactly opposite feeling. In all three T5 lights I am seeing more lower tier battles. But I do not play them as much as you do :Smile_veryhappy: .
Which I find bad personally.
I loved those peaceful T10 games in my humble Vk28.
Arty wont waste shells on you, E-100 drivers safe their gold ammo for real enemies...

Nowadays I end up in the top 25% amongst a bunch of whizzing whirling quick mediums, french formula 1 arty and other lights where after all I *gasp* have to shoot stuff to survive.
It changed - yes, but not for the better.

It was the same when they lowered Leo´s battle level... fun reduced.

johncl #30 Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:30 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 53896 battles
  • 1,382
  • Member since:
    05-02-2011
Never ...To be fair ,,, I dont ever want to be,,,,, Put me in tier 10 battles ,, and let me do my job !!!
Object 261 for breakfast 212 for lunch GWE for dinner....and a silly noob lone lowe for pudding

I hate having any of my scouts as mid to top tier ..I buy a scout to .....SCOUT..!!!

Tazilon #31 Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:45 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 966 battles
  • 1,746
  • Member since:
    03-31-2012

View Postkstoff, on 28 August 2012 - 12:11 PM, said:

That's interesting. I have exactly opposite feeling. In all three T5 lights I am seeing more lower tier battles. But I do not play them as much as you do :Smile_veryhappy: .

There were marginally more lower tier battles.  It went from something like 8.44 to 8.36 average for the top tank in the battles.  Despite the Average Tier of the top Tank going down less than an amount which was statistically significant, the starting rank went way down (11%).  So, while you saw more battles where Tier 7 was the Top Tank you were paced much lower in those battles.   In fact, in 1,000  battles, there were 151 battles less where you were tanked 1-7 and 139 battles more where you were ranked 14th or 15th.  Our best fights got shifted into our worst fights.

Furthermore ,where we used to have 2-3 of the top Tank, now we often have 6-7+.  At tier 7 not bad, but at Tier 10...ouch.

In another way of looking at it, previously in 1 out of 10 battles our starting rank was 1-5.  Now, we start 1-5 in 1 out of 50 battles.

yonu1992 #32 Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:09 PM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 11174 battles
  • 123
  • Member since:
    07-14-2010
Never.

Quickyprd #33 Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 19499 battles
  • 1,616
  • [PRASE] PRASE
  • Member since:
    07-19-2011
Never on top. But two times in Tier 5 battle. That is same as chance to drop Unique item in Diablo 2 from skeleton :-) (I dont know how it is in Diablo 3)

madmatone #34 Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:57 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 11610 battles
  • 796
  • Member since:
    06-30-2011
http://mwreplays.com/replayimg/04359630f101ad1ea21aafc9d8b305b2.png

My battles tend to look like this more often with the new MM.
Last night (7-10p.m.) 7 out of 15 fights.
Fun maybe... but it does not feel right...
(ignore the xp, its because of 5x)

Edited by madmatone, 04 September 2012 - 01:36 PM.


generalgrant #35 Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:22 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 13077 battles
  • 543
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011
Never been top tank, in over 800 battles in the Vk2801. As someone else has pointed out, it is impossible to be top tank, as the lowest battle tier the VK2801 can be in involves Tier 7 tanks.

Tazilon #36 Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:41 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 966 battles
  • 1,746
  • Member since:
    03-31-2012

View Postgeneralgrant, on 08 September 2012 - 03:22 PM, said:

Never been top tank, in over 800 battles in the Vk2801. As someone else has pointed out, it is impossible to be top tank, as the lowest battle tier the VK2801 can be in involves Tier 7 tanks.

It is not impossible to be top tank.  In 14,000 battles, I have been top tank 7 times.  In one of those battles, the top tank on the other tam was also a VK-2801 Cougar - as shown in the pic I posted to start the thread.  If you look at the new MM, it is still possible to be top tank; it just won't happen very often.

madmatone #37 Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:07 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 11610 battles
  • 796
  • Member since:
    06-30-2011

View Postmadmatone, on 31 July 2012 - 07:48 AM, said:

Depends heavily on the time I play.
From 7-10 a.m. it happens 1 out of 10 times.
From 7-10 p.m. never.
"Being Top Tank" I read as "being in the Top 5" not the very 1st tank - which imho solely relies on the alphabetical order of the list for each tier group?

Zuyl #38 Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:15 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 16214 battles
  • 368
  • Member since:
    12-10-2011

View Postmadmatone, on 09 September 2012 - 10:07 AM, said:

"Being Top Tank" I read as "being in the Top 5" not the very 1st tank - which imho solely relies on the alphabetical order of the list for each tier group?

No, top tank doesn't depend on name, but on weight.

madmatone #39 Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:39 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 11610 battles
  • 796
  • Member since:
    06-30-2011

View PostZuyl, on 09 September 2012 - 10:15 AM, said:

No, top tank doesn't depend on name, but on weight.

And same MM weight vehicles...
E.g. my Tiger is placed above & below IS & T29 - until now alphabetical order was the only thing I could see being responsible for this.
VK28 is placed above & below VK36 and VK3001.
So I figured that within the top group your absolute position is determined by your name.
But I might be wrong here.

Tazilon #40 Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:26 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 966 battles
  • 1,746
  • Member since:
    03-31-2012

View Postmadmatone, on 09 September 2012 - 11:39 AM, said:

And same MM weight vehicles...
E.g. my Tiger is placed above & below IS & T29 - until now alphabetical order was the only thing I could see being responsible for this.
VK28 is placed above & below VK36 and VK3001.
So I figured that within the top group your absolute position is determined by your name.
But I might be wrong here.

The 2801 is always above the 3001 and 3601 because it goes by battle weight.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users