On hiatus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

CrimsonEntropy #1 Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:04 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26208 battles
Not a leaving post containing incandescent wrath, vitriol or a sense of drama - a simple "au revoir" for now.

In direct contrast to the slew of threads we've seen recently with variations on the themes of "Wargaming suck" or "my favourite tank got nerfed" or "Insert gameplay rant here" I'm going to be forthright and honest about my upcoming hiatus - or at least the two main reasons and quite honestly any other aspect really hasn't been a consideration.
  • I'm not particularly enjoying WoT at this point in time.
  • Premium just expired and I simply cannot afford to renew it.
The first is the overriding factor - I'm not a particularly good player and despite efforts to improve I haven't made much progress on that front.  I'm quite competitive - I like to win as often as I lose and quite often my efforts are for nothing in the overall scheme of things. We all have to labour under that curse of course, but given recent tribulations in my life I am more prone than most to react badly to the adverse nature of MM and as such I think it's time for a break - losing fistfuls of percentiles from my hard-earned win rates is guaranteed to undermine my enjoyment, as is being graped by 5 tanks as the rest of the team decided to lemming into oblivion.

I think much of my dissatisfaction comes from playing predominantly solo - perhaps with some platoon action I may deign to return but of course that's easier said than done ^^

As far as premium is concerned - many people do of course play without it but it's a struggle and again, I like to see some manner of forward progress when grinding tanks or simply trying to earn a few silver and although perhaps a trite reason in the minds of many I've also played a lot of battles in the short time I've been associated with WoT and the simple fact is I could certainly stand to play less.

So that's it! I shall have a break for a while and most pertinently until such time as I've had chance to experience MWO (which of course will not be free of similar issues) WoT is on the back burner........I would love to return to grind the British tree in the company of some like-minded lunatics but until then a few weeks afk will, I feel, be beneficial.

See you all soon :)

Sir_Tornado #2 Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:13 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25771 battles
who are you?

CrimsonEntropy #3 Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26208 battles

View PostJAFMANDADDY, on 22 July 2012 - 10:13 AM, said:

who are you?

You know perfectly well who I am - we were arguing with Bilko only yesterday ;)

Sir_Tornado #4 Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25771 battles
ah Dave... hello!

CrimsonEntropy #5 Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26208 battles
Hai Hai :)

cDa #6 Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 5572 battles
See ya soon Dave, you know you cant live without us :)

CrimsonEntropy #7 Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26208 battles
My life has changed since I started playing WoT and quite honestly I think it's better I avoid it for the foreseeable future - Doctor's orders, and no I'm afraid that's not a tongue in cheek comment, it's the literal truth.

I am not enjoying the battles these days and if I were honestly with myself since installing XVM to monitor my own performance I've not improved measurably (well, slightly but not to extent I would be satisfied with) and I have become heartily tired of entering a battle, giving 110% (despite XVM predictions as of course it is fallible) only to have my arse handed to me because quite frankly I have been placed in team after team of rotten players.

At the risk of sounding elitist I have spoken some of the better known players to get honest assessments and all of them reiterate the same thing - play in platoons.......and I must have the worst luck imaginable to NOT be, statistically at least, more accomplished. Effort does yield reward but I don't feel that it's in any way commensurate with the hours of learning weakspots, perusing YT videos and trying to analyse my performance.......I set myself a goal a while back to break 1300 efficiency and 53% wins and quite honestly, I'm not going to achieve it.

I'm not a god-like dealer of death and my patience has worn absolutely thin in the last week (even whilst playing FAR less than normal) when I tried to unlock the T44 and push my T8 TD's up to 50% and thence sell them with at least a moderate degree of satisfaction. Coupled with that I don't have a premium account and the grinds for...well, anything are, given the caveat of ill luck and clinical depression, far too much for me to wish to undertake.

tl;dr - No enjoyment, no premium, had enough for to last me a good long time.

I'm also playing MWO and quite honestly given the choice of playing a game where the Dev's constantly listen to, and correspond with players to make a more enjoyable game I'm had it to here with some of the illogical decisions Wargaming have made. The grass may be greener but right now I enjoy it and the rot hasn't set it....

Therapy is a bitch but it's made me fully cognisant of the fact that a little introspection about my choice of hobbies is for the best in the long run.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users