• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

supercharge #1 Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• WG Staff
  • 1651 battles
  • [WG-EU] WG-EU
Hi all,

The Twitter Quiz has risen greatly in popularity since its announcement earlier this year. We have seen a rapid increase in the number of followers, and with this fan base, a large amount of feedback!
We have noticed that a lot of our community feels the structure of the contest would benefit a re-design. A new look that would appeal to more participants.

We feel that Twitter is a great way to communicate and offer information to our community. To improve the effectiveness of these benefits, we have decided to suspend the Twitter quiz. During this time we will work hard to come up with a more interesting and appealing event! We will try and meet everyone’s expectations of a great activity, or at least the majority ;)

In the meantime, we will use Twitter to connect with you on a daily basis. We will continue to share news about the upcoming projects and contests the WoT team is currently working on.
We will also be tweeting live from GamesCon in Cologne, Germany to expand the reach of the event! You will be able to check out what’s going on at the event and the World of Tanks booth with photos and videos!

So don’t miss out and follow us on Twitter now!

Cheers,
Supercharge

Komonyi #2 Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10722 battles
I liked this :Smile_confused:
But using twitter for this was an idiot idea. It's not hard to make it on the website, simple html form and a short php code.

NEMESIS #3 Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:17 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 19003 battles
  • [-AA-] -AA-
Wow i guess wg actually listens to players aparently a staggering 90% of players never participating in this was enough to do something about,and yeah using a third party service like twitter for something dedicated to already ingame players was plain stupid its like shooting yourself in the foot, i would understand it it ware for new players but not for existing ones.

How about moving the quizes from twitter to an ingame channel that would be open just at certain times,or on the forums or somewhere wot players actually have an account on not just over hyped social networks.

Edited by NEMESIS, 30 July 2012 - 07:20 PM.

corbendallas #4 Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:32 AM

Private

• Player
  • 19624 battles
I would welcome a greater scale of winners, probably 5 instead of actual 2 per questions.

supercharge #5 Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• WG Staff
  • 1651 battles
  • [WG-EU] WG-EU

View PostNEMESIS, on 30 July 2012 - 07:17 PM, said:

Wow i guess wg actually listens to players aparently a staggering 90% of players never participating in this was enough to do something about,and yeah using a third party service like twitter for something dedicated to already ingame players was plain stupid its like shooting yourself in the foot, i would understand it it ware for new players but not for existing ones.

How about moving the quizes from twitter to an ingame channel that would be open just at certain times,or on the forums or somewhere wot players actually have an account on not just over hyped social networks.

I think saying that this was like shooting yourself in foot is a little bit to much. It was just a weekly quiz dedicated to everyone who has both twitter and WoT account. It was also an easy way to get some gold.
Some players really liked it but now we would like to focus on different projects and events. This was just a tiny little piece and from now on we would like to organise bigger contests to simply reach more players.
Your idea about ingame channel quiz is great - I will pass it on to the team! :Smile_Default:

lazerlight #6 Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2902 battles
  • [LATEX] LATEX

View PostKomonyi, on 30 July 2012 - 06:12 PM, said:

I liked this :Smile_confused:
But using twitter for this was an idiot idea. It's not hard to make it on the website, simple html form and a short php code.

Yes, please move the quiz to the website. Your poll has shown, that most WoT players don't have a twitter account. There's only one possible response to such a result.

dysje #7 Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 28693 battles
Twitter is basicly dead in the water. Has been since the start. Only ones with active accounts are companies with too much money and/or an idiot marketing department and some random media that tries to go web2.0 but fails.

Starting a twitter quiz was a huge mistake to begin with. You miss out on 98% of your playerbase by going for such an obscure yet hyped "social" media. If you are in marketing or communications and you think something like twitter is a good idea, you should really reconsider your career choice, because the current path you have chosen is obviously not meant for you.

Of course, there are a few self-obsessed people that like twitter, but hey, the majority, fortunately, isn't like that.

_Grim_ #8 Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22866 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-
I really liked the Twitter quizes,although I preferd the original ones which were made last summer (or was it Autumn).They had like 20 questions and 5 winners per question.And the question werr actually vey interesting and really caused you to think.

What ,I would like to see is a return of the Matryoska quiz-those were the best.It was great having to solve layer upon layer of riddles to get to the core.

Lokoks #9 Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:31 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8415 battles
Hi

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users