batchat is no longer as good as 7.4

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
119 replies to this topic

PRO_MEMBER #41 Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:55 AM

Major

• Player
  • 22271 battles
  • [ICYA] ICYA
Yeah, at late game its just awesome, cleaning up the rest of enemy team. But it can be also useful at the beginning, I use it as a fast TD. Move from far away and retreat. I only move in when i am sure what i am facing.

Increased HP pool is nice as well.

Mike_Hammer #42 Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:11 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 26771 battles
Anyone who says the loss of agility / turning isn't noticeable hasn't got their head screwed on right :)

Agility makes many tanks fun, and I don't like that BatChat now can't turn very well. BUT, speed is still good, it's still a great tank and the increased firepower is very welcome, although 5 round drum makes it feel like I spend most games just waiting for reload, since if I don't have anything immediate to shoot and only two shells left in drum I will reload, whereas before with six round drum and three left I would probably not have reloaded.

Had a really fun game yesterday, where I got to play my favorite role, solo skirmisher/ganker, running around the whole map, trying to help team m8's in trouble, but arriving just in time to see them blow up. Then zoom zoom cleaning up one  enemy after another. This is the kind of game that makes me come back to WoT again and again, in search of more.

Replay:
Spoiler                     

squint_eyes #43 Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:45 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 25097 battles
  • [AA2DP] AA2DP
i did simple speed test

my e50m with 100% crew vs batchat, both starting to sprint from same position on flat ground. After 4 squares on map, i was doing 41km/h and accelerating slowly (its not possible to get top speed with that thing) while batchat was another 3 squares ahead me, i felt i was driving lowe lol. If we add fact that bat despite his accuracy, can snipe from lets say 350 meters and hit each time, he can circle around me faster than my turret can move (one hit in my tracks and im dead just like td) , well i have no questions about bat OPness. Even if i turn my turret with my hull its really very hard to hit bat or t62a circling around at least once. Not to mention that because of very bad vertical angles of gun, i must be on flat ground to even reach bat upper side.

e50m have tracks with 44 deg but its a fake value, he moves just like other e50 which had 27 deg, something must be very wrong there.

p.s e50m cant hulldown too and every arty will hit you hard because of very thin armor on roof, rof is slow, veeeery slooooooow, my german tank just cant fight with other meds and because so many maps have buildings, hills, sniping is a rare thing.

PRO_MEMBER #44 Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:09 AM

Major

• Player
  • 22271 battles
  • [ICYA] ICYA
New bat chat cannot circle any more. it can do maybe half circle in which it shoots 3 times then get away (if enemy is not dead).

squint_eyes #45 Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:33 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 25097 battles
  • [AA2DP] AA2DP

View Postarbenowskee, on 03 August 2012 - 09:09 AM, said:

New bat chat cannot circle any more. it can do maybe half circle in which it shoots 3 times then get away (if enemy is not dead).

idk about today but yesterday he could very well, at least from german tanker pov

i would exchange bat mobility, weight and armor with that i have on e50m seriously, everyone can pen e50m just like bat, but i cant move as fast and dont have autoloader ;(

played bat a bit on test 2 without gold and i must say its a very good tank, if you have any doubts, you must really try german meds, then you will find french even better since most of time everything is OP until you play it. In bat base, he is really decent.

Zaerah #46 Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:19 AM

Private

• Player
  • 19459 battles
I really don't get it why everyone is whining.

You got more hp and better gun while facing same opponents most of the time as before, my own win ratio with batmobile has increased like 3% after patch
Yeah, it doesn't turn that well anymore, but now you only have to get 5 shots off anyway.

Amra_sk #47 Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:01 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15437 battles

View PostYukikaze501, on 02 August 2012 - 08:23 AM, said:

I am a fan of this tank but now is just a bloody expensive tank destroyer if i wanted a tank destroyer i will have a obj 261 .

This tank really su**s like a destroyer

*Is not a scout with good turning
*paper armor
*expensive like hell
*it doesnt follow the main characteristics of the french line (FUN, speed , annoying like a mosquito)
*it take long time to accelerate now.

it will be better that just they upgrade to tier 10 without add extra weigth , worst accel , the gun.

And for the guy that say it rocks well he was playing platton of 3 yep how many people is online at the same tme than you playing batchat from ur list of friends rabishhhhhhhh.

F all right!!!

Ruined tank do something...

LosiD #48 Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:59 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13621 battles
Wtf? Batchat no longer as good as in 7.4? I think it's BETTER now.. :D Love it !

....but, it is way to expencive to drive..

Edited by LosiD, 04 August 2012 - 05:00 PM.

Mordante #49 Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27629 battles
  • [-DL-] -DL-

View PostZaerah, on 04 August 2012 - 07:19 AM, said:

I really don't get it why everyone is whining.

You got more hp and better gun while facing same opponents most of the time as before, my own win ratio with batmobile has increased like 3% after patch
Yeah, it doesn't turn that well anymore, but now you only have to get 5 shots off anyway.

My win rate went from about 40% to about 30% after the patch with the bat chat.

telamiina #50 Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:21 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 12207 battles
  • [POP] POP
Me like it! ULIULI!!!

Dont really know what it was before patch but it feels good for me.

Edited by telamiina, 05 August 2012 - 10:22 AM.

Chomiq #51 Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21155 battles
Better gun, riiiight - 5 shots, 4 times - critical hit or bounce, 1 penetrated.

Firecam #52 Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27974 battles

View PostChomiq, on 05 August 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

Better gun, riiiight - 5 shots, 4 times - critical hit or bounce, 1 penetrated.

I usually get 2-3 damaging shots out of 5. Others either bounce, do nothing (most common) or miss.

demian_sartre #53 Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36676 battles
It is better then in 7.4. Why? Because it has way better gun, does more damage per drum, has more HP. Sure turning rate sucks but speed is great. You can be anywhere when you want etc...

The way to play it is to go ninja style :) Wait for enemies to fight your team mates, then run in unload the drum and run out before they know what hitted them. The new gun is perfect for that and the HP allows you to eat the damage you need to eat. Armor is not needed and turning rate is not important in such situations.

ryoden #54 Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:51 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 42503 battles
I have only had 15 games in the Bat Chat so far and it seems like more of a support tank than when I first saw it in action, I have had more success with it following around other heavies and waiting for them to distract an enemy long enough for me to sneak a few shots off.  Its too expensive to lose it as a suicide scout.  So far my experience with the gun has been decent penetration with minimal damage (well compared to my t95 anyway) and about 2-3 of the 5 shots are usually effective from my short experience, the others either miss or penetrate for no damage or bounce.

I shall see how it feels after 100 matches or so.

joyuesp #55 Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:07 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 53406 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
most people suicide it too soon, but when the tank feels great is on the late game when tanks arent at full health, so can prey on the weak.

GTRaPToR #56 Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:08 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 22847 battles
RIP BatChat, only useful for CW scouting sometimes. They killed it's manouverability

PRO_MEMBER #57 Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:37 AM

Major

• Player
  • 22271 battles
  • [ICYA] ICYA

View Postian666, on 03 August 2012 - 09:33 AM, said:

idk about today but yesterday he could very well, at least from german tanker pov

i would exchange bat mobility, weight and armor with that i have on e50m seriously, everyone can pen e50m just like bat, but i cant move as fast and dont have autoloader ;(

played bat a bit on test 2 without gold and i must say its a very good tank, if you have any doubts, you must really try german meds, then you will find french even better since most of time everything is OP until you play it. In bat base, he is really decent.

I am not complaining, just stating the facts. I do plan to have all mediums in game, although i will probably go for german line last. They seem so boring to play :)

molan1976 #58 Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21424 battles
  • [DSK] DSK
At first I bitched about the nerf too, yes it does turns really slowly now, then the turning arc is very big.

However, aiming time buff is great, the new gun has better pen and dam even if only 5 shots, and then the HP buff as well. Alll in all, it's still superb.

But it does requires a different play style now. You start out as a sniper a bit TD like, and wait untill the med or end game for finishing up wounded tanks by the the drive by style.

Stinger7 #59 Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 52994 battles
  • [LTTS] LTTS
I agree with hanus666 its not same BatChat as it used to be in 7.4 :Smile_confused: , it used to be most exciting tank of its league
now its slower turning and moved to tier 10 where it is alot of times balanced against IS7 and alike which is complete nonsence, after 7.5 my bat is on stock gun which doesnt penetrate side of t9-10 heavies.
I am entirely for slight improvement of BatChat so that it remains competative enough for its tier and fun to drive.
HUGE dissapontment for me and many others :(
I nearly forgot to mention: it is so much more expensive too, if your team looses and you are killed at least 27k of damage and about 12k credits received and its with prem account, work out how much it will cost you without prem !!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are nearly always in red if your team wins, depending on how you performed

WhoopieMonster #60 Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:32 AM

• Player
  • 7283 battles
Its not the same Batchat, but I am really enjoying it. It takes some getting used to and I failed a lot early on. But now that I'm used to the tank I'm having some really good games. Let the battle unfold, hang back to counter medium or scout rushes for your arty then go to where the enemy look most vunerable unload 5 rounds and go hit another area of the map. You can dish out some serious damage specially if the enemy have just fired, most of my rounds pen as I rarely shoot at front armor. I've taken an IS-7 from full to around 300 hp with no damage in return. Once I start moving I never stop and I never drive in a straight line (arty don't seem to like Batchats).

I have 100% crew and 90% on my first crew skill. The Batchat is really about situational awarness, don't get bogged down in peak-abo gun fights, you don't have the armor for it, and people don't like batchats so they will target you for easy xps/credits.

I'm just waiting for my bro to finish grinding his Lorraine so we can platoon Batchats ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users