• This topic is locked This topic is locked
144 replies to this topic

zikkon #41 Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:51 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37280 battles
  • [WHYOU] WHYOU

View PostMerquise, on 01 August 2012 - 08:55 PM, said:

I absolutely hate how long the aim time is witht he gun.
Absolutely does not fit my playstayle.
Will prolly never used it again after today.
Totally agree.
You have to stay still for some seconds before the reticule even starts to shrink (and that's with 100% crew).
I already sold my ELC. I take my M18 hellcat over it anytime (and i think the Hellcat even gets better MM).

Cheers,
zikk

Aimless #42 Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:01 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 23539 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostFeldwebel_Mo, on 01 August 2012 - 06:38 PM, said:

ELC AMX destroys the usual gameplay of WoT!

Oh well, that's the aspects I really love. I've been fed up from the usual gameplay for several months now, and I appreciate anything that destroys everything usual in this game.

There's always place for new stuff after destruction. Good thing. Cheers!

Flup #43 Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:24 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20849 battles
  • [FUGLY] FUGLY

View PostSchakar, on 01 August 2012 - 05:48 PM, said:

With this patch most france TDs recived a nerf. Argument for this was: "they are to good when played now".

When WG introduces new vehicles they are usually a bit OP.
This makes them desirable and peeps spend free XP.
When we stop spending RL money they nerf the vehicles.
I dare say WG does it all the time... Coincidence, ofc not.
The freemium business model + greed lowers the quality of the game.

The devs and game designers do a great job, the management and business model are to blame for a lot of the "odd and persistent" problems with this game.
I wish there was a "convert to subsciption based game" button, that way they have no motivation for ruining certain parts of the game to increase profits (sound odd doesn't it: to reduce the quality of a product to increase profits, but that's the way it is)

Znail #44 Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:27 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17676 battles
  • [JAUL] JAUL

View PostWaterContainer, on 01 August 2012 - 09:50 PM, said:

The discussion above implied 1 on 1 fight in the open (where both vehicles are visible to one another).

If ELC managed to track you with his first shot (which usually means zero damage on T-50-2) that means you get to place a couple of shots into him before he gets to reload his first shell, and you then have the option of either moving (and possibly avoiding a damage inducing hit) or risk taking the blow and instead finishing him off reliably. If he decides to move, he's unable to shoot at you (horrible aim on the move plus no gun traverse). With some luck he might not even be able to take that second shot (it is easier to disrupt aim by a hit on lighter vehicles and ELC is among the most lightweight I can think of in this game).

Don't get me wrong, I liked ELC in the one game I played with it so far, but it is clearly inferior to all three dedicated tier 5 scouts from different tech trees, yet gets the same MM (right ? I need to find the new MM table somewhere, the last I got was from the testserver).  Penetration, the only attribute that really stands out among the multitude of on-par or sub-par parameters, is of little use to a scout. It is useful for a TD but then again if you wanted to play a TD that gets into tier 9 battles there are better choices out there. I'm going to play ELC a bit more because I like odd vehicles and French light/medium tree is the oddest out there, so I stuck with it so far in spite of all the nerfs that it's been getting.
I actually managed to ambush a Leopard, great thing perhaps? But it got imobilised by my hit and as he was close to me he just shoot me until I died before I could reload to shoot a second time. I would say that the ELC is good at taking at scouts, but only at a very safe distance as dps wise so will any scout win hands down.

iztok #45 Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:40 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 35215 battles
Hi!

I see the ELC AMX as a very fast anti-medium or anti-heavy TD, which can also scout.
Reasons. excellent pen and good damage, fast to get to ambush position, probably also good camo.

I don't see it as an anti-scout. For that it aims way too slow, and has way too low DPS to really kill a scout quickly. And it has to kill it quickly because it has NO armor and low HP pool.

Anyway, IMO a very fun tank to drive. :Smile_glasses:

BR,  Iztok

Edited by iztok, 02 August 2012 - 10:43 AM.

Krajina_Express #46 Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:46 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 10590 battles
The ELC AMX is a Fighter Jet. You come in for an attack on the enemy and once it's been done quickly disengage to a safe distance and seek for another path to attack, this makes it an amazing chaser due to the T5 scout like h.p./ton and high powered gun.

Slap on the inspiring Classical music, get in a squadron of three, get into voice chat and use a posh English accent.

Buffzzz #47 Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:01 AM

Heart Smasher

• Player
  • 30425 battles
After some Games i had to say that this cute lille Baby BatChat IS a TD tarned as a light. Yes the 250hp proppels the 7,19 tones like a Bullet, even uphill, but the 90mm Gun let you damage TierVII Tanks with ease. Combined with its incedible low profile (and most probably extremly high Camoflage) and agility this is the perfect Hit and Run machine. Change your position everytime you had to reload, you will surprised how far Baby BatChat can drive within 10 seconds..

Also important to metion: With its 360m Viewrange it can spot its own Targets...

Edited by Buffzzz, 02 August 2012 - 11:02 AM.

Durinson #48 Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:52 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37314 battles
As a spotter it is mediocre at best imho. Viewrange is mediocre and radio too. I use it as a TD, but Hit and Run. Means, I fire one shot and get away asap. Repeat. You can counter scouts of course, but usually they will win (except M5 maybe). In late game it is an excellent arty-hunter. I like it, but all other T5 Lights are better in the scouting role. The ELC has the big advantage in fire power, but without a turret and terrible aimtime you have to use it wisely. I rely on camo with crew, net, rammer and GLD. What I also like is its low height. Even small bumps in the terrain can save your bum.

Jemme101 #49 Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15373 battles
This tanks just needs to get removed or put in a different Tier. Atm its OP for its Tier and racks up kills way to easy.

EmperorMing #50 Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:16 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21277 battles
Agree, its a fail. Its actually a scout with incredible firepower. With the engine upgrade its the fastes vehicle in the game, impossible to hit. The small armour is not a real problem, as i needed 3 hits to kill it. In a game with Tier VI i cant switch all the time to HE ammunition for this little rat.
It storms in, scouting all enemies, killing the arty from 3m distance after ramming and speeds of...who introduced this bullet?
As its not seen as a scout, sometimes you get 3 of them - often as clan teams- as enemies and you know the game is ruined as everybody tries to kill the invaders and no real gameplay or positioning is possible. I dont like it. :Smile-angry:

StickyFinger #51 Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 49395 battles
Nan...in my T50-2 I just ram the little french bug and they blow..

ferrari484 #52 Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:11 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16680 battles

View PostBuffzzz, on 01 August 2012 - 06:05 PM, said:

Nice? Exelent credit farmer you mean, we speak of I-hit-TierVII-Heavies-for-220hp-credits :)

Just being gentle lol

dvoridex #53 Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25668 battles
  • [C_T_C] C_T_C
ELC is probably THE most fun thing wargaming trew out since WOT release. Its just so much fun, if wargaming ever decide to nerf it in anyway then screw this game , currently ELC is what i play the most :)

Jigabachi #54 Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
WG should reduce it's size some more... then you would be able to drive UNDER a heavy tank and shoot the crews' butts.

btw: I don't like it. It's like a shitehousefly. If you play certain tanks it just has to hug you - you won't be able to hit it unless you can move and drive up a hill or something. And ofc it has the full heritage of the last RC-tank...

mahi__mahi #55 Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:28 PM

Major

• Player
  • 30314 battles
  • [TDY] TDY

View Postdvoridex, on 02 August 2012 - 11:09 PM, said:

ELC is probably THE most fun thing wargaming trew out since WOT release. Its just so much fun, if wargaming ever decide to nerf it in anyway then screw this game , currently ELC is what i play the most :)

Next Patch nerfed :Smile_trollface-3:

Every Tank who brings some Fun and Credits, na ja you know what will happen :Smile_teethhappy:

Nevidni #56 Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:35 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7303 battles
I just spent this day playing on my new tank ELC. I think i am in love.
Spoiler                     
Amazing, low profile, high speed, high penetration and damage gun. I LOVE IT.

Schlock #57 Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:05 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 38371 battles
  • [2PAC] 2PAC

View PostQuakeRiley, on 02 August 2012 - 10:46 AM, said:

Slap on the inspiring Classical music, get in a squadron of three, get into voice chat and use a posh English accent.

Remember also to use classical RAF Banter in all-chat for maximum amusement.

Schakar #58 Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:30 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 70160 battles

View PostHammerdown, on 01 August 2012 - 08:21 PM, said:

As to the argument that it makes you a better AMX12/13 driver. I don't bye it. If you drive them like you drive the ELC, your in-game carrier will be very short indeed. They are much easier targets, being larger and somewhat less agile. And most of the opponents you meet at those tiers, do know how to hit smallish fast targets.

Is my english that bad? You still don't understand, what I try to say!

Let's take the Rusian Med Tree. ALL of them are very similar. Each tier you get a bit more agility, better gun, little bit more speed. But the GAMEPLAY is allways the same! Once you learned how to drive Rusian Meds ... you will do equal good or bad with all of them.

And now check the France Light Tree. The first 4 tanks are SLOW but can bounce light made (against equal tiers) with bad guns. Tier 5 suddenly is a speed junky with great gun but no turret rotation (TD style). If you play it like T2 to T4 ... you will see no green land. So you MUST learn a total different playstyle.

The Rusian Med driver might improve slightly in playerskill from T2 to T5 and you might not see a big improvement with T6.
The France Light driver either improves greatly or fails horible (very likely give up the game or this tree) from T2 to T5. And as soon as he switches to T6 ... he will have MUCH more expirience then the Rusian Med T6 pilot!

In addition all other trees are very similar from T2 to T10. Gameplay does not changs dramatic.
Franze light tanks?
T2 to T4 slow and bad ... T5 BabyBat ... T6 to T8 small+agil with autoloaders ... T9 big fat block ... T10 pewMobil

If you played them all and didn't use free-exp to unlock them ... you learned 5 different play styles !!!!!
Rusian Med player learned ... 1.

========================================
PS: it is in now way bad, that Pilots improve in skills ... it's just bad for the France Light Tank Tree
Even if the tanks are balanced (or maybe even underpowert) ... as the player had to learn so much more and might be so much better ... the Tanks will show superior Win/Lose ratios compared to other tank trees >>> WG WILL nerf them! All of them starting from T5 up to T10 pwnMobil.

I can hear the scream from BatChat Pilots allready ;) :D

Edited by Schakar, 03 August 2012 - 12:36 AM.

6060842 #59 Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:19 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 43402 battles
  • [HUSH-] HUSH-

View PostEmperorMing, on 02 August 2012 - 09:16 PM, said:

Agree, its a fail. Its actually a scout with incredible firepower. With the engine upgrade its the fastes vehicle in the game, impossible to hit. The small armour is not a real problem, as i needed 3 hits to kill it. In a game with Tier VI i cant switch all the time to HE ammunition for this little rat.
It storms in, scouting all enemies, killing the arty from 3m distance after ramming and speeds of...who introduced this bullet?
As its not seen as a scout, sometimes you get 3 of them - often as clan teams- as enemies and you know the game is ruined as everybody tries to kill the invaders and no real gameplay or positioning is possible. I dont like it. :Smile-angry:

Try actually driving one, then you'll agree it's not impossible to hit. I've managed in a T-28, a KV-1, a VK3001P and my ELC. And been shot at - and often hit - by practically everything on the field!
And with only 400 HP it doesn't need many hits at all to get scrapped. Hell, one slightly above average hit from a 122mm KV-1S, etc, will one-shot it. And a 107mm ZiS-6 shot will take it down to 25% HP. Two below average shots from a short 88mm will also kill it. At a guess you're using a basic 75-85mm if you need three shots for one?

But .... if it's a fail (i.e. not a success) why are so many people complaining about its capabilities? Although I did notice that those complaining are not those who are driving it.

And why does three of them mean that no positioning or gameplay is possible? Three tanks, no matter how fast or manouevrable, cannot dominate the entire battleground, even more so if they're staying together. Killing arty is just as easily done with any other fast light tank. More so if it needs more than one shot. Running or hiding while you wait those 12 long seconds for the gun to reload and every red tank within firing range is after your blood is no picnic either.

Pro:
High speed (inc. reverse)
High penetration
High damage
Agile

Con:
Armour made from a biscuit tin
Long reload time
Long aiming time
TD style 'turret'

It does make a good scout - it has the speed to get into position and the camo to stay hidded there. With its gun it also makes a good support vehicle for heavier tanks. It's also great for getting in amongst enemy tanks, causing chaos and confusion and slowing their advance down allowing our team to get into better positions than if the enemy advanced unhindered. And as they stop to get a shot off arty can pelt them as well once they're lit up.

I don't see it as a fail at all.

Berbo #60 Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:44 AM

eSports Manager Europe

• WG Staff
  • 32970 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
Moved to Ingame Vehicles

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users