Jump to content


‘The_Challenger’ at Tankfest 2012


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
41 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:14 PM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 24,443
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
Our military specialist The_Challenger tells us about some of the tanks present at Tankfest in our new video.

Full news text

-----
if any problems with subtitles here is how to activate this option:

Spoiler                     

Attached Images


Edited by supercharge, 03 August 2012 - 06:14 PM.


KptStrzyga #2 Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:30 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33333 battles
  • 15,645
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-19-2011
OMG DEV ON-LINE!!! :Smile_ohmy:

Bosancjeros #3 Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:48 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 17756 battles
  • 543
  • Member since:
    05-09-2011
nice video, glad I could see Little Willy there, pity WG won't fit that legend into the game :Smile_sad:

supercharge #4 Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:53 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • WG Staff
  • 1650 battles
  • 1,279
  • [WG-EU] WG-EU
  • Member since:
    01-16-2012

View PostKptStrzyga, on 03 August 2012 - 05:30 PM, said:

OMG DEV ON-LINE!!! :Smile_ohmy:

The_Challenger is not one of WoT devs but he knows a lot about tanks. He's our military specialist who served in the British Army for almost 30 years.
You can read more about him here. :Smile_Default:

MazaisNestabilajs #5 Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:58 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 20923 battles
  • 1,417
  • [L-G-N] L-G-N
  • Member since:
    09-12-2010
I love how he says Jagdtiger has 250mm of armor, how about make it as of a beast in the game, m? :)

Also long 88 "There was nothing it could not penetrate". - That's what she said.
How about mentioning JT's 128mm. There is nothing that IT couldn't pen at the time.

Edit: Yeah hate on me.

The_Challenger #6 Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:22 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Military Specialist
  • 4478 battles
  • 1,981
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    01-19-2012

View PostKptStrzyga, on 03 August 2012 - 05:30 PM, said:

OMG DEV ON-LINE!!! :Smile_ohmy:

A what !!!!! Lol :Smile_Default:

The_Challenger #7 Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:23 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Military Specialist
  • 4478 battles
  • 1,981
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    01-19-2012

View PostBosancjeros, on 03 August 2012 - 05:48 PM, said:

nice video, glad I could see Little Willy there, pity WG won't fit that legend into the game :Smile_sad:

Agreed :Smile_confused:

INFERNO1892 #8 Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:02 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 17793 battles
  • 105
  • Member since:
    08-15-2011
Nice!!!!!!!
I wish we have this kind of museum in Croatia :D
Btw  Mr. Cutland has really a huge amount of knowlegde. :Smile_Default:
Was there Challenger 2 also? ( I mean Challenger tank ofc )
EDIT: ( I forgot ) Thumbs UP!!!!!!!

Edited by INFERNO1892, 03 August 2012 - 07:06 PM.


Shirer #9 Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:43 PM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 4413 battles
  • 188
  • [PAC] PAC
  • Member since:
    01-04-2011

View PostINFERNO1892, on 03 August 2012 - 07:02 PM, said:

Nice!!!!!!!
I wish we have this kind of museum in Croatia :D
Btw  Mr. Cutland has really a huge amount of knowlegde. :Smile_Default:
Was there Challenger 2 also? ( I mean Challenger tank ofc )
EDIT: ( I forgot ) Thumbs UP!!!!!!!

Not in the museum, but there is a special challenger I, belonging to (now) General Arthur Denaro, who was the CO of his regiment at the time of its use in the battle for Kuwait in 1991

ReVelatioNz #10 Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:33 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 29842 battles
  • 204
  • [-NW-] -NW-
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
You come to my country, you look at our tanks, yet you STILL DON'T PUT THEM IN GAME

and instead we get France... a nation which has a total of FIVE vehicles which ACTUALLY 'existed' for
france in the WW2 era.

That's right i'm mad.

Also for anyone wondering - the bovington tank museum has the only fully working Tiger I tank in the world. Quite an eyesore.

ammarmar #11 Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:30 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 32075 battles
  • 2,867
  • Member since:
    01-29-2011

View PostReVelatioNz, on 04 August 2012 - 12:33 AM, said:

Also for anyone wondering - the bovington tank museum has the only fully working Tiger I tank in the world. Quite an eyesore.

Eyesore? You mean: "a sight for sore eyes"? Unless you think the Tiger is ugly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eyesore

ReVelatioNz #12 Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:00 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 29842 battles
  • 204
  • [-NW-] -NW-
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postammarmar, on 04 August 2012 - 03:30 AM, said:

Eyesore? You mean: "a sight for sore eyes"? Unless you think the Tiger is ugly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eyesore

Exactly what I meant buddy, I always thought they meant the same thing :P Its a shame that there's only one example left of such an iconic tank!

XxXSpottedYouXxX #13 Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:18 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 23824 battles
  • 8,336
  • [4077] 4077
  • Member since:
    05-05-2011
A true legend absolutely awesome video yet again and all my positive reputation goes to The_Challenger :).

The_Challenger #14 Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:14 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Military Specialist
  • 4478 battles
  • 1,981
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    01-19-2012

View PostLito, on 03 August 2012 - 05:58 PM, said:

I love how he says Jagdtiger has 250mm of armor, how about make it as of a beast in the game, m? :)

Also long 88 "There was nothing it could not penetrate". - That's what she said.
How about mentioning JT's 128mm. There is nothing that IT couldn't pen at the time.

Edit: Yeah hate on me.

Hi,

I am sure you will appreciate we were looking and discussing "Real" Tanks not in game comparing the pros and cons etc etc.

As for the 88 I am happy to provide you with many first hand reports of the allied forces who came up against them in conflict.

We had such a small amount of time on each vehicle that it would have been impossible to discuss everything so apologies if you believe I left something out that you think should have been mentioned, I could have quite happily "waffled for hours" :Smile_Default:  but then you all would have lost the will to live :Smile_Default: As it was the original footage was almost two hours long so had to be dramatically cut.

Hate on you !!! Not at all, any comment is a valuable comment :Smile_Default:

Take Care

Fear Naught

Edited by The_Challenger, 04 August 2012 - 09:14 AM.


The_Challenger #15 Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:25 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Military Specialist
  • 4478 battles
  • 1,981
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    01-19-2012

View PostReVelatioNz, on 04 August 2012 - 12:33 AM, said:

You come to my country, you look at our tanks, yet you STILL DON'T PUT THEM IN GAME

and instead we get France... a nation which has a total of FIVE vehicles which ACTUALLY 'existed' for
france in the WW2 era.

That's right i'm mad.

Also for anyone wondering - the bovington tank museum has the only fully working Tiger I tank in the world. Quite an eyesore.

Hi,

Umm "Our Country" :Smile_Default:  I spent nearly two years in Bovington during Training, Gunnery and Driving (Chieftain-Oh no how old am I ) :Smile_Default:
Appreciate your sentiment :Smile_Default:

Indeed the Tiger is a sight for sore eyes :Smile_Default: Amazing condition

Take Care

Edited by The_Challenger, 04 August 2012 - 09:26 AM.


Herman_der_German #16 Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:43 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 20173 battles
  • 410
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    01-21-2012

View PostThe_Challenger, on 04 August 2012 - 09:14 AM, said:



Hi,

I am sure you will appreciate we were looking and discussing "Real" Tanks not in game comparing the pros and cons etc etc.

As for the 88 I am happy to provide you with many first hand reports of the allied forces who came up against them in conflict.

We had such a small amount of time on each vehicle that it would have been impossible to discuss everything so apologies if you believe I left something out that you think should have been mentioned, I could have quite happily "waffled for hours" :Smile_Default:  but then you all would have lost the will to live :Smile_Default: As it was the original footage was almost two hours long so had to be dramatically cut.

Hate on you !!! Not at all, any comment is a valuable comment :Smile_Default:

Take Care

Fear Naught

I enjoyed it and if anything there was too little of the tank talk and way too much of jump cut video.  What I wanted to hear more about the real life tanks and how they performed in action.  An hour and a half of that would be just fine and as for "losing the will to live" all of us have spent hours, days, weeks and months playing WoT so we are immune to that.  Some of us have even played Dune.


Waffle on Challenger.

regards

Herman

daywear #17 Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:49 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 11042 battles
  • 167
  • [RUSED] RUSED
  • Member since:
    03-22-2011

View PostThe_Challenger, on 04 August 2012 - 09:14 AM, said:

Hi,

I am sure you will appreciate we were looking and discussing "Real" Tanks not in game comparing the pros and cons etc etc.

As for the 88 I am happy to provide you with many first hand reports of the allied forces who came up against them in conflict.

We had such a small amount of time on each vehicle that it would have been impossible to discuss everything so apologies if you believe I left something out that you think should have been mentioned, I could have quite happily "waffled for hours" :Smile_Default:  but then you all would have lost the will to live :Smile_Default: As it was the original footage was almost two hours long so had to be dramatically cut.

Hate on you !!! Not at all, any comment is a valuable comment :Smile_Default:

Take Care

Fear Naught
#


actually i was disappointed you never gave each tank at lest 3 minuets in stead of about 30 seconds.
also i woudl have preferred you to have talk about more than just 3.

or even use better lighting when dealing with the inside view of the jagpanther.

BUT hay I'll still say it was brilliant video, one of the best WG has so far produced.... mostly as it has real tank facts lol.

any chance of more such videos showing more abotu each tank??

even a video of the tank of the month where you find a real example of the tank and walk around it talking about it.

or for the prototypes show the blueprints and then make a realistic model of the tank, then you, walk about it, in a blue screen environment talking about it.??

it would be more interesting and more enjoyable, than some words and still images.

also we get to hear you enthusiasm for tanks & history of warfare.

just a though.

regaurd
day

Edited by daywear, 04 August 2012 - 09:51 AM.


The_Challenger #18 Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:31 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Military Specialist
  • 4478 battles
  • 1,981
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    01-19-2012

View PostHerman_der_German, on 04 August 2012 - 09:43 AM, said:

I enjoyed it and if anything there was too little of the tank talk and way too much of jump cut video.  What I wanted to hear more about the real life tanks and how they performed in action.  An hour and a half of that would be just fine and as for "losing the will to live" all of us have spent hours, days, weeks and months playing WoT so we are immune to that.  Some of us have even played Dune.


Waffle on Challenger.

regards

Herman


Lol, :Smile_Default:

Thanks for feedback, points taken :Smile_Default:

Take Care Mate

The_Challenger #19 Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:33 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Military Specialist
  • 4478 battles
  • 1,981
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    01-19-2012

View Postdaywear, on 04 August 2012 - 09:49 AM, said:

#


actually i was disappointed you never gave each tank at lest 3 minuets in stead of about 30 seconds.
also i woudl have preferred you to have talk about more than just 3.

or even use better lighting when dealing with the inside view of the jagpanther.

BUT hay I'll still say it was brilliant video, one of the best WG has so far produced.... mostly as it has real tank facts lol.

any chance of more such videos showing more abotu each tank??

even a video of the tank of the month where you find a real example of the tank and walk around it talking about it.

or for the prototypes show the blueprints and then make a realistic model of the tank, then you, walk about it, in a blue screen environment talking about it.??

it would be more interesting and more enjoyable, than some words and still images.

also we get to hear you enthusiasm for tanks & history of warfare.

just a though.

regaurd
day

Some great points thank you, lets see what we can do :Smile_Default:

Fear Naught

der_Sersch #20 Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:38 PM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 22013 battles
  • 48
  • [ATLAS] ATLAS
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010
I bet you had tons and tons of really awesome material and thats what you do with it? A friggin MTV video with crappy music that you have to stop every bloody second to see anything? Oh come on! I really would have enjoyed some more info on every tank, without the pointless slide shows inbetween. Next time I want to see more Mr. Challenger talking, because that was the interesting part ;)




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users