Jump to content


Chaffee battle balance

M24 chaffee balance

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
56 replies to this topic

Belieber_PL #41 Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:54 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 521 battles
  • 42
  • [WICKD] WICKD
  • Member since:
    09-08-2012

View PostIoI_, on 15 September 2012 - 10:13 AM, said:

with the new physics caffe will actualy reach 70, so actualy will be beter
It's got much better suspension than ELC and T-50-2 which allows it to go down stupid cliffs without getting tracked, unlike those. :D

Edited by Fimbulvinter, 15 September 2012 - 05:54 PM.


azakow #42 Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:19 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 84925 battles
  • 5,202
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011

View PostIoI_, on 15 September 2012 - 10:13 AM, said:

with the new physics caffe will actualy reach 70, so actualy will be beter

View PostFimbulvinter, on 15 September 2012 - 05:54 PM, said:

It's got much better suspension than ELC and T-50-2 which allows it to go down stupid cliffs without getting tracked, unlike those. :D
How would this (70 km/h down hill, assumably more dureable suspension) influcence the battle balance of this vehicle?
I'm asking, because this is what the topic is about.

CrazyWelshy #43 Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:26 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 12950 battles
  • 254
  • [M_G_C] M_G_C
  • Member since:
    02-02-2011

View Postazakow, on 15 September 2012 - 06:19 PM, said:

How would this (70 km/h down hill, assumably more dureable suspension) influcence the battle balance of this vehicle?
I'm asking, because this is what the topic is about.
Easy in my mind, its harder to hit a faster vehicle, the T-50-2 is the embodiment of this.  If the Chaffee got an extra 15kph under the hood it would survive battles a tiny bit better and have a greater reaction to the shifting battlefield by being able to change position quicker.  Meaning, greater exp and silver gain if the driver spots for allies.

IoI_ #44 Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:02 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 12
  • Member since:
    09-11-2012

View Postazakow, on 15 September 2012 - 06:19 PM, said:

How would this (70 km/h down hill, assumably more dureable suspension) influcence the battle balance of this vehicle?
I'm asking, because this is what the topic is about.

played in test server with t50-2 and caffe and personaly caffe feals better in that server, problem is that tier5 lights badly need at least +100 hp to compete at tier 10 level. In 7.5 we see t50.2 in cws doe its retarded speed,turning, and acceleration, and since t50.2 is nerfed and caffe dosent realy have the uphill speed to do anything in cw, we wont see that many lights in cws anymore in 8.0.

but caffe at least is fun in randoms, t50.2 is just boring at least for me.

Edited by IoI_, 15 September 2012 - 08:07 PM.


Jukelo #45 Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:28 PM

    Colonel

  • Beta Tester
  • 26608 battles
  • 3,603
  • Member since:
    08-13-2010
Guys, the chaffee is one of the most OP tanks in the game. It definitely has what it takes to take on high tier games, it can spot during the first stages of the game, and then it can switch to the vulture role, finishing any tier 8/9 that strayed a bit from the main group.

And it sometimes gets tier 7 games, where there just isn't anything the enemy team can do against it.

azakow #46 Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:41 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 84925 battles
  • 5,202
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011

View PostCrazyWelshy, on 15 September 2012 - 06:26 PM, said:

Easy in my mind, its harder to hit a faster vehicle, the T-50-2 is the embodiment of this.  If the Chaffee got an extra 15kph under the hood it would survive battles a tiny bit better and have a greater reaction to the shifting battlefield by being able to change position quicker.  Meaning, greater exp and silver gain if the driver spots for allies.
Sure it is harder for the oppoent to hit fast and small vehicles. The M24 Chaffee does not offer any of this.
The trick with M24 Chaffee is not to be seen in at all, hence no shooting at your vehicle.
Or maybe, be the last that is seen before the oppoent vehicle must be abondoned after the 3rd circle.

I understand the reason for the assumption that more speed will cause a greater survival rate very well.
How much would that increase survival rate be, 10%, 20% or maybe 30%, even more?
A survival rate of 34% can be achieved, even at 718 damage per battle!
The survival rate is highly dependend on the commander at the keyboard.
This applies to all LT5 vehicles, or better to any vehicle regardless what tier or type.

Successful spotting for you team does not require high speed at all.
It does require good vehicle camo values, correct modules, a well chosen crew training path, map knowledge and proper team communication.

CrazyWelshy #47 Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:49 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 12950 battles
  • 254
  • [M_G_C] M_G_C
  • Member since:
    02-02-2011
I'm not patient enough to be a passive or sneaky Chaffee commander at all, my play style is that of an Apache in some cases, pop up when possible and get a look at the battlefield, and strike hard and fast when a hole is presented.  Granted, most of the time with me at the helm it has failed me, and there are some matches I do play a lot more cautiously.

I'm hampered by my choice in crew training too, I think only one crew member is training on camoflague, could be wrong, so I don't trust my tank when sitting still until I get the Sixth Sense perk.

IoI_ #48 Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:02 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 12
  • Member since:
    09-11-2012

View Postazakow, on 16 September 2012 - 01:41 AM, said:

Sure it is harder for the oppoent to hit fast and small vehicles. The M24 Chaffee does not offer any of this.
The trick with M24 Chaffee is not to be seen in at all, hence no shooting at your vehicle.
Or maybe, be the last that is seen before the oppoent vehicle must be abondoned after the 3rd circle.

I understand the reason for the assumption that more speed will cause a greater survival rate very well.
How much would that increase survival rate be, 10%, 20% or maybe 30%, even more?
A survival rate of 34% can be achieved, even at 718 damage per battle!
The survival rate is highly dependend on the commander at the keyboard.
This applies to all LT5 vehicles, or better to any vehicle regardless what tier or type.

Successful spotting for you team does not require high speed at all.
It does require good vehicle camo values, correct modules, a well chosen crew training path, map knowledge and proper team communication.

works on tcs and cws and some maps, but in randoms with all those french tanks around is hard to not be spoted. And spoting dosent give u any credits or xp with caffe.

ive fully killed is8s and many others tier9s with it and is actualy more funny than camping in a bush. Even if u shoot with HEs for 20 damage u will annoy the crap out of ur enemy and they will focus u instead of the others making ur enemy vulnerable :)

Edited by IoI_, 16 September 2012 - 02:04 AM.


azakow #49 Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:22 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 84925 battles
  • 5,202
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011

View PostIoI_, on 16 September 2012 - 02:02 AM, said:

works on tcs and cws and some maps, but in randoms with all those french tanks around is hard to not be spoted. And spoting dosent give u any credits or xp with caffe.

ive fully killed is8s and many others tier9s with it and is actualy more funny than camping in a bush. Even if u shoot with HEs for 20 damage u will annoy the crap out of ur enemy and they will focus u instead of the others making ur enemy vulnerable :)
It is always hard not to be spotted.
Your understanding of the battle mechanics seems to be average at best.
I suggest to do some reading here:
http://wiki.worldoft...nics#Visibility

Your understanding of the credit and XP reward system is simply wrong.
I suggest to do some reading here:
http://wiki.worldoft...nce_and_Credits

Your understanding of tactics seems to be correct, although you are using HE shells.
Remember, you want to deal damage as much as possible like any other vehicle in your team, since this is more fun for you than sitting in bushes.

French LT are a thread to this vehicle.
Again, it is the commander at the keyboard that causes their attention, hence their guns to shoot at the M24 Chaffee.
Moreover any M24 commander should always try to set the location for such a fight! This may seem impossible, but it isn't!

:Smile_honoring:

P.S.:
What is your server nickname?
I'm asking, because I like to have a look at other peoples stats alot.

pucku #50 Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:33 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 33345 battles
  • 286
  • Member since:
    03-25-2012

View Postazakow, on 16 September 2012 - 01:41 AM, said:

I understand the reason for the assumption that more speed will cause a greater survival rate very well.
How much would that increase survival rate be, 10%, 20% or maybe 30%, even more?
A survival rate of 34% can be achieved, even at 718 damage per battle!
The survival rate is highly dependend on the commander at the keyboard.
I'm mostly a coward. I've managed to get a 45% survival rate with 647 average damage at 1175 battles.

Edit: just noticed that I have 55% survival with Marder II with over 1k battles. :)

azakow #51 Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:04 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 84925 battles
  • 5,202
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011

View Postpucku, on 16 September 2012 - 04:33 PM, said:

I'm mostly a coward. I've managed to get a 45% survival rate with 647 average damage at 1175 battles.

Edit: just noticed that I have 55% survival with Marder II with over 1k battles. :)
No coward at all!
IMO, a skilled commander that is very careful at every single move on the battlefield.
:Smile_honoring:

Lactose_The_Intolerant #52 Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:32 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10231 battles
  • 492
  • [-ET-] -ET-
  • Member since:
    02-17-2012
you are all saying this tank is op and stuff...but i dont get it, im a big noob in it

Arallaw #53 Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:52 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 28662 battles
  • 427
  • Member since:
    03-06-2011

View PostLactose_The_Intolerant, on 21 September 2012 - 07:32 PM, said:

you are all saying this tank is op and stuff...but i dont get it, im a big noob in it

Check this scout tutorial and learn some tricks to handle a scout vehicle:

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

Also watch some Chaffee vids too.

Mine is a bit laggy but works somehow:

https://www.youtube....h?v=d_pf_K8Nf3o

pixarart #54 Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:19 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 43180 battles
  • 567
  • Member since:
    01-29-2012
i love my chafee.the good thing about chafee(and my vk2801)is that you are a scout but you can support your team by shooting stuff because they have good guns,something that t-50-2 lacks and this is the reason that i dont have plans to take it(i drove it in 3 test servers and it was fun but the other 2 is more close to my playstyle).

vent+coated optics+stab.i rush forward to spot the enemy,if i find a map where i can do passive scout i do that.i kill enemys scouts(chafee is very good at this,you can kill easily vk2801 and t-50-2),after some dead tanks the field is more open for me and i go and shoot stuff,i rush for arty if i can,shoot enemys who are busy with someone else,i can shoot almost eveyone at sides and rear,if i find a tank with bad traverse who is alone i do him the circle of death.

i play without premium and i can make 12000-15000 credits,sometimes i do 20k.i have cammo in all crew at 94%,assault is my favourite mode with chaffee and especially if i am on the attacking side.i spot all the enemies and my team rapes them(at least most of the time).my win ratio goes somewhere 58-60%,i want to see what will happen to my chaffe when my crew will have 3 perks at 100%,absolutely OP :Smile_Default:

Edited by pixarart, 24 September 2012 - 11:21 AM.


CuddlyPanda #55 Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:51 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 21298 battles
  • 1,631
  • Member since:
    07-06-2011
Hi guys,
sorry for a slight off-topic question, but what modules should I research first on the Chaffee? I was thinking tracks>engine>turret>gun, but any good info is helpful :Smile_Default: . Cannot wait to drive this epic little "mini-Patton" in 8.0 and spotting enemy tanks from crazy positions and tops of the highest hills :tongue:

Arallaw #56 Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:56 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 28662 battles
  • 427
  • Member since:
    03-06-2011

View PostCroCitizen2407, on 24 September 2012 - 07:51 PM, said:

tracks>engine>turret>gun

This is recommended order for a spotter. Speed increases rate of survivality & spotting.

CuddlyPanda #57 Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:45 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 21298 battles
  • 1,631
  • Member since:
    07-06-2011
Tanks man :tongue:





Also tagged with M24, chaffee, balance

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users