Anyone makes music/plays an instrument over here?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

MrFingers #1 Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:09 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4237 battles
In my spare time, apart from ranting here on the forums about the WG "weakened specials" and the mocking "ectar" for lying to us about the equality between the EU and RU server, I also play music. I started out on the double bass, before switching to the electric bass, which I still play as my main instrument (read: this I can play with the least mistakes), but since then I also learned myself organ (and briefly the piano), guitar, (pedal & lap)steel, and the tenorbanjo. I play the guitar, pedalsteel and organ with Matt Watts & the Calicos, based around an American who lives in Belgium, and I occasionally play the bass on some soul & funkjams that occur in the city. And from now and then I contaminate youtube with covers (mainly bass and mainly old music). Gear I use is in the description of the videos, but it's mainly vintage stuff from Fender, Gibson, Rickenbacker & Harmony

Anyone else here who plays music, feel free to share some links, pictures and sounds. :)

McClane #2 Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:18 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 8946 battles
http://blogsimages.s...97_triangel.jpg

I'm pretty good on it too.

Ziddix #3 Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:22 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17501 battles
  • [LEOFL] LEOFL
I literally got a guitar like 2 weeks ago because I want to learn to play it lol.

Doolio #4 Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:35 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6442 battles
  • [DCDM] DCDM
Well, I have played guitar for about a decade or so, was singing a bit too... Been in a couple of bands, went through various genres (metal, hc, hip hop, blues, britpop, punk, trip hop)... But, the thing is, I am a painter by profession and the two were clashing in a way. If I was a lawyer or something (which I nearly became, but I quit and I am happy with the decision) there would be no problem, but these two are both creative activities and one tends to "deflate" because they demand the same resource, so to speak. So, music had to suffer and eventually to "die out".
Sadly, I haven't got even the remotely decent recordings, so I will skip the "link" part:)

XSparrow #5 Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:40 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 3786 battles
no

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users