ELC AMX - "Mission Impossible"

ELC AMX

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

Strahil_Nikolov #1 Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21258 battles
Ok , pals... I need your help again. I'm new to scouts and especially to french tanks. It seems that "armour" they have is  unique for all french tanks. But since i got this "thing" / i don't know how else to name it/ it has no armour , good gun but bad aiming , slow reload and it seems to die even from a LTraktor ...
What should i do with it ? I put a rammer , a net and some binocs. I have a 75% crew and i tried it as scout - pure failure / i'm new to scouting except the Pz38nA but that's not a scout .../. I tried like a TD but after a shot - no more cammo, aims slow and doesn't hit at all. I'm puzzled with this one . And without turret ... I don't know - it seems i will jump over it to the AMX 12t.

Kostuh #2 Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10170 battles
Very nice tank and i have fun with it. I m using it as mobile td just going fast on the strategic location/bush then shoot and back, reload shoot and back. It is really annoying for a "big fish" on 7-8 tier.

Edited by Kostuh, 20 August 2012 - 11:18 PM.

Crapgame0507 #3 Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1538 battles
  • [ANCAT] ANCAT
I'm not really into this scouting thing, I only do fun rides in my T-50 once or twice a week. But I have played with this little AMX on my little brother's account and it's even more fun for me than the russian beast. We used rammer, vents and coated optics on it. As skills we choose Recon, Off-road driving and Camo. The 90 mm gun is very nice. The "turret" can be a nuisance at firs but you'll get used to it :)

Greengobelin #4 Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:22 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30765 battles
  • [PZFB] PZFB

View PostKostuh, on 20 August 2012 - 11:17 PM, said:

Very nice tank and i have fun with it. I m using it as mobile td just going fast on the strategic location/bush then shoot and back, reload shoot and back. It is really annoying for a "big fish" on 7-8 tier.

same, i like it

acmanrakic #5 Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8017 battles
  • [MOJO] MOJO
Since I went up to AMX 13 90 before the latest patch, I received an elite ELC AMX. I spent gold on crew training, to skip the grinding period, installed the 90mm gun (yes, that one), a rammer, ventilation and optics/aimer.
It was awesome.
If you want a tank to have fun and troll other players in, PLUS earn some money, this is a perfect choice.
Another good thing is that it takes only 2 crew members to drive it so if you need to skill up a commander or a driver fast, research this tank on elite (won't take long) and grind the day away.

Strahil_Nikolov #6 Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21258 battles
yeah but as a TD in sand maps - that sucks /no place to hide/. As a scout - a T-50 easily kills . I tried to go through a small wall - no success and got busted... I still cant get to the heavies - the scouts just bust me up and this is every game ... I will try to wait for at least 4 min and then to try to run against the enemy and see what will happen after the lights and meds are gone . Maybe this will work.

Shootingstarr #7 Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:00 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27328 battles
when I got this thing I went on driving around the battlefield shooting everything in my path like a mad man
when you find yourself a distracted enemy just get as near as possible, fire a shell and run away giggling like a little girl

tomogaso #8 Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:02 AM

Major

• Player
  • 20038 battles
Just because a tank is fast doesn't mean it's a scout...

Iron_Curtain #9 Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:23 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 3351 battles
ELC AMX is an awesome tank:
You shouldn't scout with it – try to help your teammates by getting in the back of enemies, fire one shot and then disappear (works best on city-maps, but also on any other map)

Playing it as a TD is just wrong, and why the hell did you put on a net if you wanna scout?

It's a typical french tank: shoot your enemy once and then run, run, run :Smile_blinky:

Gremlin182 #10 Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:56 AM

General

• Player
  • 54184 battles
Its a good TD with the 90mm gun and as they say its not really a scout but you can use it to scout fairly effectively.

With its none rotating turret you need to fight in a way totally different to any other vehicle in the game.
I play it like a fighter plane on an attack run.

Dodge like mad till I pick a target then make a run off to one side on the enemy "not one with its gun pointed in my direction"
As you get very close fire and keep going past the target.
Resume dodging.
When out of sight do a 180 and repeat with the same or another target.

In TD mode I snipe and get well out of the way.
I dont go for kills just damage.
Also dont attack a group of tanks other than by sniping.

I am by no means good at it yet but Im getting better

LawL4Ever #11 Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:21 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8324 battles
  • [KUC] KUC
I use it as the most fucking awsome scout in teh world. Not that much of active scouting though, only when some flank is free. just passive scouting [thats standing in a bush near the middle of the map with good line of sight and not moving not shooting, just in case you didn't know]. And if scouting doesnt work because of map/enemies/whatever I act as a supporter... you have to not get hit with this thing. do you damage and your scouting, but as you have to reload for ages, you are not main damage dealer or TD-like. You can play as TD, but that should be only if theres no good alternative. You can easily kill artys and TDs, but only if they are alone, as you lack a 360 turret and your turning speed isnt thaat high either. So you can make it behind enemies and block them, but not circle them very well.

KurtSteiner #12 Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:27 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17310 battles
Mobile TD is the way to go with ELC

Technocrat_Prime #13 Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:50 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 31390 battles
  • [-TCC-] -TCC-

View PostStrahil_Nikolov, on 20 August 2012 - 11:05 PM, said:

What should i do with it ?

Hit and run. Go for the heavies like a torpedo boat goes after a battleship: surprise high speed attack, fire, twist dodge and turn until you are behind cover again. Works well if you have nerves of steel. Really exhilarating!

Steffenkbh #14 Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:24 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38786 battles
For the firste 2-4 minuts plaly it like a scout, pasive or active scouting, up to you.
Alternativ you can use the first 2-4 minuts reacting to enemy scouts and protect your arty.

Now the real fun starts.
When the 2 teams are comitted, you can start the Formula-1 DT play. Hit and run using you speed, is what makes this baby shine.
You can even drive to the side of en enemy tank and place yourself flank to flank with him/her. When he/she drives farvor or reverse you fallow, allways glued to his side. In most cases he/she will not be able to shoot down at you, while your 90mm wil be able to turn anough to hit the enemy in the side, both detracking and doing HP damage.
On meny tanks you cen even place your front to their rear, and again they will not be able to hit you. Then just fallow them around untill you 90mm have done the job.

Remember, dont be afaide to run away from a fight. Those who run away, will live to fight anothere d,,,,   well 20 seconds later.

mike_dowler #15 Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:34 AM

Private

• Player
  • 19055 battles
  • [DUDS] DUDS
For me, the most important thing with this tank is to ensure that you have team-mates around to help.  Run a little way ahead to spot the enemy, then dash off and hide til your team-mates engage.  The low profile helps with this - you can hide just behind the top of a hill very easily.  Once your team-mates are distracting the enemy, pop up and fire a quick shot in the side or rear, then hide again while you reload.  Once battle is well underway, you can also go arty hunting.  Just don't engage anything on your own that has a turret, and don't even think about ramming!

Yamaxanadu #16 Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:44 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1215 battles
I just skirmish at full speed: jump out from nowhere, shoot at enemy side and jump back into cover.

trland #17 Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:48 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 14046 battles
  • [EKHUN] EKHUN

View PostYamaxanadu, on 21 August 2012 - 10:44 AM, said:

I just skirmish at full speed: jump out from nowhere, shoot at enemy side and jump back into cover.

the same... its the fun in it. and its also good for scout. i have my 2 batle hero scouting from this tank.
the gun is good for killing even a ferdinand!

Edit: some people say it is a good TD but I dont think so. You cant shoot at far targets because its gun aiming (e.g. in el halluf shooting from a side to the other side). It is rather a "hit and run" tank, jumpnig 10 meters close to the enemy from nothing give him a hit than jump to the haze again

Edited by trland, 21 August 2012 - 11:04 AM.

Crux_T34 #18 Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:05 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8602 battles
  • [NYA] NYA
Zig-zag, get close enough to take a shot, shoot, circle till you reload/drive off...Rinse and repeat.

AlfieUK4 #19 Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:05 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 24623 battles
  • [IC-1] IC-1
I like to play it as a disruptor/scout, rush up fast to an expected attack point, hide/wait until you see the first few enemy, then rush through them taking shots as you can. I've had half a team of heavies trying to follow me as I charge through their ranks looking for the arty. If I'm platooned with 2 other ELCs we stagger our charges usually allowing the following ELCs to get side and rear shots on enemies trying to chase/engage the lead ELC.

One platoon mate plays it a s stealth flank assassin. Wait until enemies are engaged with friendlies then whizz round behind them, take a shot at close range, and then run off to come back from a different direction and do it again.

disklord #20 Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:09 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 26299 battles
  • [TURBO] TURBO
The annoying part with this tank is that it is small. Almost any dent in terrain will give attackers a hard time.

Also tagged with ELC, AMX

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users