Forum Trolling...

malicious vindictive

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

rockmonkey #1 Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 19484 battles
I don't know about anyone else but have noticed some thing odd, my forum rep can drop each day or rise which in it's self is to be expected.

However having checked the last two weeks worth of posts I have made ( I am a prolific poster) none of the post are in negative vaules and yet i have lost 7 points rep today since this morning :Smile_confused:  and maybe 50-60 points over the last week, my rep has been dropping 12-15 points ever couple of days. It does concern me because I like to think all my posts are constructive, valid and contribute some use to the forum it's self.

Seems to me we have some nasty, vindictive and lets be honest 'sad' forums trolls who like to go back to old posts made players (probably have them on 'favorties') and maliciously negative rep them. :Smile_sceptic:  I must have seriously upset some one some where :Smile_veryhappy:

Shame the tool to see who is giving you neg rep :Smile-hiding: . Oh well on wards and upwards, i don't have the time to back track through 600 posts to see which one it :Smile_ohmy:

So if I am wrong about being able to track rep let me know or any other ideas forum users might have. I HATE  Trolls :Smile-playing:

Edit i like 'smiles' when having a late launch hour... :)

Edited by rockmonkey, 31 August 2012 - 03:08 PM.

saml6131 #2 Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:03 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 8559 battles
That's a lot of smiley's.....

As for your problem, there is no tool that we can use to check for people neg-repping us.
All I can recommend is that you check your most recent posts. Sometimes you may have said something that came out wrong and may have been neg-repped for it. It has happened to me more than once. I blame my Dyslexia.

You also check to see if someone has been visiting your profile page recently, to try and see your most recent posts. If someone is - rep trolling you then there's probably a reason why, so if a familar name pops up then check to see if you may have angered them recently. If so then they may be the ones neg-repping you.

FlrstBornUnlcorn #3 Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 28973 battles
  • [322] 322
Didn't you know that neg repping on forums is SERIOUS BUSINESS?!

del502150176 #4 Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:05 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22524 battles
I know how you feel, i also dislike and disdain the mindless negrepping little kids... The whole negrepping option should be removed and only the posrep shall be available. That would shoo away the anuscommandos.

Merquise #5 Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:05 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 27130 battles
Use reversed psychology?

HEY FORUM GUYS, PLEASE NEG REP ME !!

Let's see how stupid the folks are.

Murphy1up #6 Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:06 PM

Lieutenant General

• Military Reserve
  • 11249 battles
  • [-QQ-] -QQ-
You do realise that creating a thread like this, just invites the trolls to come and neg rep you as they see that your reputation is something important to you and that downvoting you bothers you?

Rule number 1 about trolls... DON'T FEED THE TROLLS.

Moving this to off-topic as it's a forum related topic and not "gameplay" related.

Aza1979 #7 Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15658 battles
  • [FLUR] FLUR
Reading this thread reminded me of that pic:

Posted Image

rockmonkey #8 Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 19484 battles

View PostMerquise, on 31 August 2012 - 03:05 PM, said:

Use reversed psychology?

HEY FORUM GUYS, PLEASE NEG REP ME !!

Let's see how stupid the folks are.

Well it worked for you +1

View PostEctar, on 31 August 2012 - 03:06 PM, said:

You do realise that creating a thread like this, just invites the trolls to come and neg rep you as they see that your reputation is something important to you and that downvoting you bothers you?

Rule number 1 about trolls... DON'T FEED THE TROLLS.

Moving this to off-topic as it's a forum related topic and not "gameplay" related.

Yep your probably right I posted in wrong sections i was going to report but you beat me to it. :)

rockmonkey #9 Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 19484 battles

View PostAza1979, on 31 August 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

Reading this thread reminded me of that pic:

Posted Image

LOL thanks that brightened my day I will save the pic for passing around the office. thank you,

Prohibition #10 Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17092 battles
  • [BASE] BASE
I got from 100+ to 80- because of my love for arty..... I'm not a troll like some might suggest, i just like to have fun and say what i think is correct ( and try not to hurt any one, well gold ammo users in randoms i count out and arty haters....). So if you ever and anywhere stated that a) arty is not OP or b) you play arty that would answer why you got neg rep... I personally very rarely give neg reps only to the above mentioned...

Give us SPG with 3000+ dmg :Smile-izmena:

estoniantoop #11 Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18431 battles

View Postrockmonkey, on 31 August 2012 - 03:10 PM, said:

Yep your probably right I posted in wrong sections i was going to report but you beat me to it. :)

Glad, he didn't negrep you :Smile_veryhappy:

Private_Miros #12 Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:18 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25238 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87
I think reputation is much like win rate:

You have a few braindead's pulling you down, but if you behave well and do things that others cannot see as wrong, it'll go up in the long run.

XxXSpottedYouXxX #13 Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:24 PM

General

• Player
  • 23824 battles
  • [4077] 4077
Yes i have been noteing down a few people who have been visiting my profile far to regularly recently i am going to be messaging the admin of the site and ask for them to make sure no unusual activity is going on im sure if he can find the culprit who is miss using the system im hoping they get permanently banned for it unless they have their own reputation reset for using the system wrongly.

Honestly when i first came here i was a little bit of an idiot and my posting may have been a little irritating but from the threads i posted i had around 300 minus reputation in the next few weeks that had gone up to around 1200 then the next week to 1800 i was posting normal things like other people then i realised what was going on like you say people just start misusing the system.

I was going to ask for my reputation to be reset but part of me wants it to stay just so you can see how bad the system is and how it can be used as a means of trolling or personal attack or even misuse of the system.

Sorry about the grammar.

This is the truth.

Private_Miros #14 Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:56 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25238 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

View PostDerRizerPin, on 31 August 2012 - 03:24 PM, said:

Yes i have been noteing down a few people who have been visiting my profile far to regularly recently i am going to be messaging the admin of the site and ask for them to make sure no unusual activity is going on im sure if he can find the culprit who is miss using the system im hoping they get permanently banned for it unless they have their own reputation reset for using the system wrongly.

Honestly when i first came here i was a little bit of an idiot and my posting may have been a little irritating but from the threads i posted i had around 300 minus reputation in the next few weeks that had gone up to around 1200 then the next week to 1800 i was posting normal things like other people then i realised what was going on like you say people just start misusing the system.

I was going to ask for my reputation to be reset but part of me wants it to stay just so you can see how bad the system is and how it can be used as a means of trolling or personal attack or even misuse of the system.

Sorry about the grammar.

Well, your Type 59 troll threads and stuff like openly saying you will no longer use punctuation to piss people off and gather minus rep, might have something to do with that, my dear DerRizerPin.

Cuddly_Spider #15 Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:33 PM

Major

• Player
  • 28312 battles

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 31 August 2012 - 03:56 PM, said:

Well, your Type 59 troll threads and stuff like openly saying you will no longer use punctuation to piss people off and gather minus rep, might have something to do with that, my dear DerRizerPin.

While I agree, I have to say that his current avatar is thoroughly awesome.

View Postrockmonkey, on 31 August 2012 - 02:59 PM, said:

I don't know about anyone else but have noticed some thing odd, my forum rep can drop each day or rise which in it's self is to be expected.

However having checked the last two weeks worth of posts I have made ( I am a prolific poster) none of the post are in negative vaules and yet i have lost 7 points rep today since this morning :Smile_confused:  and maybe 50-60 points over the last week, my rep has been dropping 12-15 points ever couple of days. It does concern me because I like to think all my posts are constructive, valid and contribute some use to the forum it's self.

You may have contracted a troll. I've had the same thing - had some bizarre posts of mine negrepped even though there was nothing there to negrep or posrep, example - I posted a few times in mastery badges thread, just battle results, and found some of the posts negrepped. Possibly you've pissed off another denizen of this forum and he wishes he could minus-minus-minus.

Anyway, perchance link us to the perilous posts of peculiar prejudices for posterity, perhaps people prefer polemic, possibly pos-repping you for propriety.

Yag0 #16 Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:49 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 3168 battles

View PostDerRizerPin, on 31 August 2012 - 03:24 PM, said:

Yes i have been noteing down a few people who have been visiting my profile far to regularly recently

That might be me , just stalking people as "usual" ;)

Yes  rep , up and down like a brides nighty :P

estoniantoop #17 Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18431 battles
Hmm... How can you see, who visited your profile?

XxXSpottedYouXxX #18 Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:32 PM

General

• Player
  • 23824 battles
  • [4077] 4077
The system is clearly suspicious and really not working how it should.

Visit a site called the total war centre have a look at the reputation system thats a proper addition to how it should work its a system which will not clearly allow trolls or haters to use it to get back at someone you can basically leave reputation and leave a comment saying thank you or why you left the reputation.

The TWC is my Favourite site i have almost 8000 Posts and 270 Reputation check me out name is Gas Mask.

On here you have UP and DOWN Positive and Negative.

On the TWC you have a polished system and a system which works amazingly some people have so much reputation its amazing to see such a system work well then you have this nonsense on here makes you wonder if they will ever change it for the greater good.

By the way since when do you clarify my type threads as trolling your clearly wrong im not a troll whatever people think i am not a troll.

Thats the truth.

BrusilovX #19 Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:33 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 19322 battles
  • [TWC] TWC
The TWC forum disabled -ve rep a long time ago (many years) as they found it was used to attack members.

You can only give +rep to the poster.  However, you can if you want leave a comment as well.

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 31 August 2012 - 03:56 PM, said:

I wonder if Derrizerpin is going to claim that we're the same person again....

I'd like to be selling tin-foil near where they live - I'd be rich.
Spoiler                     
Any person can go back through the posting history and find the instances that you refer to - clear trolling threads.  It's not as if they've stopped doing these as the following thread shows: here.

Edited by BrusilovX, 01 September 2012 - 12:44 AM.

XxXSpottedYouXxX #20 Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:30 PM

General

• Player
  • 23824 battles
  • [4077] 4077

View PostBrusilovX, on 01 September 2012 - 12:33 AM, said:

The TWC forum disabled -ve rep a long time ago (many years) as they found it was used to attack members.

You can only give +rep to the poster.  However, you can if you want leave a comment as well.

I wonder if Derrizerpin is going to claim that we're the same person again....

I'd like to be selling tin-foil near where they live - I'd be rich.
Spoiler                     
Any person can go back through the posting history and find the instances that you refer to - clear trolling threads.  It's not as if they've stopped doing these as the following thread shows: here.
Yeah your right everything is a conspiracy to me.

Yes your right i had some bad threads but not intentional troll threads.

And yes you found me AFK in a game while i was at work on my laptop but i was in a platoon with 2 other clan mates and then i came back and started playing and we won if i recall that match.

Guess what mate at least i own up to my bad doings and actually show respect to you :).

Many Thanks from Stephen.

Edit

Its funny no matter how hard i try to be good i still get down voted for telling the truth its just wrong.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users