• This topic is locked This topic is locked
67 replies to this topic

sreel08 #1 Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:10 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10886 battles
All infos taken from here: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=iQLzjDEmhq8
  • New Physics will not affect the FPS, since it runs server side
  • 8.0 features not only physics, but also better graphics, which will improve FPS
  • Fog of war in random battles would only make everyone to camp, so they don't will implement it
  • British tanks will come right after 8.0 - this fall
  • Japanese tanks are rare and therefore hard to implement, but they will come with their own techtree, though...
  • Chinese tanks will have their own techtree as well, but for now its hard to say which one comes first - Chinese or Japanese
  • If they manage to gather enough material for Polish tanks up to tier ten (and WG tries to do so), they will have their own techtree; otherwise they will be part of the European techtree
  • The biggest amount of players on the EU server is from Poland
  • Mercenaries (for clan wars), so you can take part in clan battles without being in a clan, though this feature right now is not being developed - but they still plan to implement it
  • WG doesn't nerf any tank because they dislike its nation; they go after statistics to make sure no tank falls behind or is being overpowered
  • Victor is playing a Maus himself
  • Amphibious tanks don't make much sense on the now small maps
  • They are testing bigger maps (3x3km) and up to 30 vs 30 and even 45 vs 45 players. Only if this works out well, they again will think about amphibious tanks
  • Right now they do not develope any rocket arty and don't plan to do so in the near future, though Victor likes the idea and they might think about it again later
  • Garage battle mode is hard to implement, they already tried so and it did not work out so well; therefore before adding new game modes they will test them much more; still garage battles are an option we will see someday
  • Historical battles are not finalized yet, they are working on it, but only on low priority, since they have so much work to do
  • For the end of the year/beginning of the new year they plan to implement some kind of tank commander or spectator mode for more effective coordination for players from the same team. Since they do not want some spectator to spoil or look around corners etc this takes time
  • They try to improve training modes for e-sports
  • Now WG has bought the engines developer BigWorld they hope to improve the game even further
  • Statistics show that arty is more profitable and effective than other tanks, so they will slowly and step by step try to make battles more fair for everyone.

del504082484 #2 Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:48 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22525 battles

View Postsreel08, on 04 September 2012 - 04:10 AM, said:

• Statistics show that arty is more profitable and effective than other tanks, so they will slowly and step by step try to make battles more fair for everyone.

No words can describe the way I feel better than this smiley :Smile_trollface-3:

Critical_Hit #3 Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:16 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 27479 battles
  • [8INCH] 8INCH

New Physics will not affect the FPS, since it runs server side
8.0 features not only physics, but also better graphics, which will improve FPS
Nice, more FPS  :Smile_Default:

Fog of war in random battles would only make everyone to camp, so they don't will implement it
Smart choice

British tanks will come right after 8.0 - this fall
Cant wait, I hope they will be well balanced.

Japanese tanks are rare and therefore hard to implement, but they will come with their own techtree, though...
Chinese tanks will have their own techtree as well, but for now its hard to say which one comes first - Chinese or Japanese
If they manage to gather enough material for Polish tanks up to tier ten (and WG tries to do so), they will have their own techtree; otherwise they will be part of the European techtree
So when will we get tanks from Ivory Coast? :Smile_sceptic:

Mercenaries (for clan wars), so you can take part in clan battles without being in a clan, though this feature right now is not being developed - but they still plan to implement it
That would be nice, both for players and clans

WG doesn't nerf any tank because they dislike its nation; they go after statistics to make sure no tank falls behind or is being overpowered
Took em a while to check stats for E100 :Smile_glasses:

Right now they do not develope any rocket arty and don't plan to do so in the near future, though Victor likes the idea and they might think about it again later
So we need more arty? :Smile_mellow:

Historical battles are not finalized yet, they are working on it, but only on low priority, since they have so much work to do
I cant wait for historical mode,too bad its low priority :Smile_confused:

Now WG has bought the engines developer BigWorld they hope to improve the game even further
Nice, even more FPS

Statistics show that arty is more profitable and effective than other tanks, so they will slowly and step by step try to make battles more fair for everyone.
Maybe they can again nerf income of arty, so no more matches with 6+ arty each team

HetzingHetzer #4 Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:25 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 0 battles

• The biggest amount of players on the EU server is from Poland

I bet the most amount of used word is "Siemka" :Smile_trollface-3:

PadyEos #5 Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:29 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 14600 battles

It creates lag spikes, since it runs server side. You can feel it in the corners when the tank stops for a fraction of a second until the server physics decides what to do with it and then the speed varies wildly up and down by 10kph.

OrdoDrago #6 Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:30 AM

Private

• Player
  • 16055 battles

View PostHetzingHetzer, on 04 September 2012 - 05:25 AM, said:

i agree , siemka invasion :Smile_ohmy:

Tupinambis #7 Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:35 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
What? How can a Chinese tech tree come out before a Japanese one?

Kaze703PL #8 Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:47 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 19825 battles
  • [3VS27] 3VS27
<

View PostHetzingHetzer, on 04 September 2012 - 05:25 AM, said:

Mega troll :Smile_trollface-3::Smile_trollface-3::Smile_trollface-3::Smile_trollface-3::Smile_trollface-3::Smile_trollface-3:

Harim #9 Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:48 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 10679 battles

View PostTupinambis, on 04 September 2012 - 05:35 AM, said:

Easy, WG only thinks about financial ways, more chinese players = more money = earlier fantasy-tank-line introduction (they hadn't have an own tank development for a long time....), so less japanese players = no japanese tanktechtree, if we really have such masses of polish players, we will get an own fantasy-polish-tank-tree (again, they just developed three or four real existing tanks, maybe some paper studies, the rest will be again just the typical WG fantasy tanks). It is all about money, nothing to do with history, in the beginning of WoT is was even more historical, now we've come to World of fantasy/blueprints tanks.

BTW: The improvement of the game engine will be great, on the test server for physics I had have a great improvement of the FPS, will be great really. Physics will create their own new problems, we will see.

The adjustment of tanks just because of statistics is still bull****, u can read everything in a statistic or even nothing, that's the problem. I'm always wondering what kind of numbers are important for WG devs, players on the test server often saying: "This tank is up, this tank is op." WG don't listens to them and releases the patches finally and we see again the topics about the same tanks, already mentioned by test server players, being up or op. Think of the latest example, the glorious gigant duck, called Jagdpanzer E-100.

Diedel #10 Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 5280 battles

View PostPadyEos, on 04 September 2012 - 05:29 AM, said:

It creates lag spikes, since it runs server side. You can feel it in the corners when the tank stops for a fraction of a second until the server physics decides what to do with it and then the speed varies wildly up and down by 10kph.

That will hopefully be fixed in the final 0.8.0 version and maybe already in the next test, after all that was the first mass test for the physics.

I saw a lot of "later" in that list, even for stuff that has been promised since the launch in RU 2 years ago :(

Dead_Skin_Mask #11 Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12709 battles
Chinese tree??? BS, there is no original Chinese construction in 1930-1960. What for tree with copies of soviet tanks?
Polish tree?? Almost the same, there were some original constructions before WWII, but later nothing. From Polish tanks can be done max tier 5 in only one line and tier 2 TD. No heavy tanks, no spg. As a Pole, I would like to see Polish tanks, but not tree full of fantasy and copies of soviet ones.

Introducition of such ridicoulus trees will ruin this game.

WG, if you want so much fantasy, then make game World of Future Tanks. There you can invent even an Vatican tree.

xczar0 #12 Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:19 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15265 battles

View PostDead_Skin_Mask, on 04 September 2012 - 06:10 AM, said:

Chinese tree??? BS, there is no origin Chinese construction in 1930-1960. What for tree with copies of soviet tanks?
Polish tree?? Almost the same, there were some origin constructions before WWII, but later nothing. From Polish tanks can be done max tier 5 in only one line and tier 2 TD. No heavy tanks, no spg. As a Pole, I would like to see Polish tanks, but not tree full of fantasy and copies of soviet ones.

Impelementing such ridicoulus trees will ruin this game.

WG if you want so much fantasy, then make game World of Future Tanks. There you can invent even an Vatican tree.
Agreed With ya mate. Im from Poland and im highly interested in history of my country and WWII and i can tell this - Polish tank tree would be copied from ZSRR/China (and changed sometimes) or just imagined like a french tank tree. And probably highest tiers will get reactive armor im some places - Poland was one of first countries who used that technology.
And im back to my speech look at French tree - 80% of all tanks from french tree didn't exist, only blueprints or prototypes xd
PS. Im not speaking polish ingame ;)

rainmakerjg #13 Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:28 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 20016 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View PostTupinambis, on 04 September 2012 - 05:35 AM, said:

Nobody said so. According to OP it is one of possibilities.

View PostDead_Skin_Mask, on 04 September 2012 - 06:10 AM, said:

Chinese tree??? BS, there is no origin Chinese construction in 1930-1960. What for tree with copies of soviet tanks?
Polish tree?? Almost the same, there were some origin constructions before WWII, but later nothing. From Polish tanks can be done max tier 5 in only one line and tier 2 TD. No heavy tanks, no spg. As a Pole, I would like to see Polish tanks, but not tree full of fantasy and copies of soviet ones.

Introducition of such ridicoulus trees will ruin this game.

WG, if you want so much fantasy, then make game World of Future Tanks. There you can invent even an Vatican tree.

Same with Polish tree. Nobody said it will be done or is possible to set up. They are trying. Obvious reason is amount of Polish players. Personally I would be happy to see European tree with all interesting constructions from different countries instead of having 4-6 trees from different countries: Poland, Italy, Czech etc. and nothing real in these trees - just pure imagination.

For example do we really would like to see this kind of "Polish" tank:

Posted Image

This one is coming from Warsaw Upraising. And actually it is not a product of imagination :) They had 5 of these as I remember. This one was called "Magda"

Edited by rainmakerjg, 04 September 2012 - 07:30 AM.

PpatsGR #14 Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:51 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 24260 battles
  • [UNTAS] UNTAS
So, since they can't fix the MM of arties, being 3 and above in each map, they decide to nerf them. How logical is that?

xczar0 #15 Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:52 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15265 battles

View Postrainmakerjg, on 04 September 2012 - 07:28 AM, said:

Nobody said so. According to OP it is one of possibilities.

Same with Polish tree. Nobody said it will be done or is possible to set up. They are trying. Obvious reason is amount of Polish players. Personally I would be happy to see European tree with all interesting constructions from different countries instead of having 4-6 trees from different countries: Poland, Italy, Czech etc. and nothing real in these trees - just pure imagination.

For example do we really would like to see this kind of "Polish" tank:

Posted Image

This one is coming from Warsaw Upraising. And actually it is not a product of imagination :) They had 5 of these as I remember. This one was called "Magda"
Magda is repainted Panther :)

RoflSeal #16 Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:14 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 15008 battles

View Postxczar0, on 04 September 2012 - 07:19 AM, said:

And im back to my speech look at French tree - 80% of all tanks from french tree didn't exist, only blueprints or prototypes xd
PS. Im not speaking polish ingame ;)

Most of the High tier french tanks did exists
The French tree is more real then the German tree

Amx50 100
Spoiler                     

Amx 50 120
Spoiler                     

AMX50B
Spoiler                     

Lorraine
Spoiler                     

Bat Chat
Spoiler                     

Edited by RoflSeal, 04 September 2012 - 08:20 AM.

MotanTurbat #17 Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:28 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11363 battles

View PostHarim, on 04 September 2012 - 05:48 AM, said:

Easy, WG only thinks about financial ways, more chinese players = more money = earlier fantasy-tank-line introduction (they hadn't have an own tank development for a long time....), so less japanese players = no japanese tanktechtree, if we really have such masses of polish players, we will get an own fantasy-polish-tank-tree (again, they just developed three or four real existing tanks, maybe some paper studies, the rest will be again just the typical WG fantasy tanks). It is all about money, nothing to do with history, in the beginning of WoT is was even more historical, now we've come to World of fantasy/blueprints tanks.

BTW: The improvement of the game engine will be great, on the test server for physics I had have a great improvement of the FPS, will be great really. Physics will create their own new problems, we will see.

The adjustment of tanks just because of statistics is still bull****, u can read everything in a statistic or even nothing, that's the problem. I'm always wondering what kind of numbers are important for WG devs, players on the test server often saying: "This tank is up, this tank is op." WG don't listens to them and releases the patches finally and we see again the topics about the same tanks, already mentioned by test server players, being up or op. Think of the latest example, the glorious gigant duck, called Jagdpanzer E-100.

No disrespect, but this game it's a business, so yeah they want money! Nobody works for cookies. Still not pay to win and I like this! I don't mind new content, even fantasy,  but you are right here, i'm very curious what tanks China and Poland will have! And they should fix some of the bigger bugs first!

Statistics, I don't like the way they buff and nerf stuff, if you look at the recent tanks hit by the nerf hammer, those are somewhat easy to use tanks (most of them, not all) that didn't ask for much skill to use them, so everyone did good with them, now put those tanks in experts hands and you get a killing machine! All should play the game and have fun, but taking away my fun just because i'm better then some players and then blame the statistics, well it's not very fare!

FuzzyIso_IamSalty #18 Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:13 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35389 battles
  • [TKEA] TKEA

--New Physics will not affect the FPS, since it runs server side
--features not only physics, but also better graphics, which will improve FPS
I don't think so....Example : On artic region of 7.5 i have like 50-60FPS.....in 8.0 Test Server i was having onle 40-48 fps....and checked the options of video settings and nothing was changed from 7.5 .....so the only conclusion is that it will make my FPS a little lower...

Diedel #19 Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:18 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 5280 battles

View PostTitaniu, on 04 September 2012 - 09:13 AM, said:

I don't think so....Example : On artic region of 7.5 i have like 50-60FPS.....in 8.0 Test Server i was having onle 40-48 fps....and checked the options of video settings and nothing was changed from 7.5 .....so the only conclusion is that it will make my FPS a little lower...

The client wasn't optimized yet, so there is no point in comparing that yet. I hope they figure out what is causing the massive flickering and brightness that many people had too.

DrakeZiggo #20 Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:24 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 15149 battles

The biggest amount of players on the EU server is from Poland

Give them their own server or stuff em with the russians is my highly biased, slightly racist and more then welcome idea.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users