Effiency hot or not?

Effiency

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
138 replies to this topic

Zoraktar #1 Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:48 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 5175 battles
Piff what i have learned on WoT in my gaming time. With Type i seen over 2k effi players who went middle and spotted (killed maybe 1-2) and called us noobs and leaved battle. Ofc it calculates something but it's becoming too big part of this game.

I have been told:
"You are **** player your effi is under 1,5k"
^ And even still i made 8 kills with M5.^
"You dont know how to play WoT your effi is slow"
^ Still went to safe places to wait my team (where was actually t34 with 1,8k effi and he died first because he didnt take cover)^

Ofc there is then players who are really imba and ofc they have high efficiency BUT even some low effi players are outdoing performance of higer effi players in combat. They just do go for the cap.

So my question is:
Effiency hot or not?

This game would need more like calculator where you calculate your team support and it would give you points. In the end winning as team is more important than soloing stuff only for Effi?
I know this feels another QQ topic but this is no. This is just something what i been talking with alot other members and they said they aint following forums anymore because all that calling n00b and all that calling pr0 people who got higer effi.

I know i have low effi... Low battles even played but hey aint this game made for fun? Why this game allows getting higer effi raters to be more "trustworthy" and allows bring us down with comparing them to us? Yesterday i was on battle there was another Type driver (i suck at type yes i know) and he was low "effi" so people started say him:

"Type just keep yourself back. Otherwice you rush"
"n00b type driver you shouldnt bought that tank with your effi"

In the end that Type driver pwned our team with getting top gun... I was planning to start report EVERYBODY who calls me n00b or says something about my 1,1k effi rating that i should go and play Ltractor.

Anyways... Why this is allowed on this game? Why people think they are better than other player? Arent we equal afterall.... Even if we suck or we rock... Atleast i'm just another human being who does play this game for fun and sometimes yes. I have imba performance and sometimes i die first because lack of teamwork.

This game is great anyways... Just needs more support of teamwork and something to inspire people to work as team.... Small bonuses... Boost damaged xp gain?

Vlevs #2 Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:53 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 13131 battles
  • [ASEAR] ASEAR
It's necessary to tell apart genuinely good players that have high Eff from WR and ego farmers, that might rush for cap or farm defense points. The latter have Eff and WR disparity, latter being lower, meaning they don't help their team actually win. My advice is to ignore these people, they do what they do to get ground to call others noobs and are excercising their "right". OTOH, always pay attention when a good player gives advice.

Edit: Respond to them saying "I play for fun", and watch their rage gain two levels in an instant.

Edited by Vlevs, 04 September 2012 - 08:56 AM.

EemeIi #3 Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:54 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 12095 battles
Efficiency correlates strongly with player skill. Sure, there are some players who have higher effieciency than they should, and some play single matches badly.

If you really play well, in the long run you will get your efficiency and winrate up. If you don't get them up, well, you don't play too well either. (I'm more of a winrate guy, since you can always stat pad efficiency but what is stat padding winrate? Maximizing your chance to win a game i.e. playing as well as you can, as one tank and as a team player. Thus maybe showing just winrate would be much better: the stat padders would start playing better?)

EDIT: I think the ideal performance measure would converge to winrate when you have enough matches. With fewer matches efficiency would have bigger impact, since it has less variance. [Only problem then would be that players who tend to platoon with good fellow tankers will get a higher winrate (vs. an equally skilled lone wolf).]

Edited by EemeIi, 04 September 2012 - 08:56 AM.

H3ADSHO7 #4 Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:55 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 1575 battles
Only the ER is quite worthless as an indicator for anything, but looking at both, WR and ER, you can a quite reliable impression of the player's abilites.
And don't listen to random noobs insulting you, because they're just as bad most of the time.

H3ADSHO7 #5 Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:56 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 1575 battles
Oh and don't forget:
Skilled players have high efficiency rating, but having high efficiency rating doesn't mean one is skilled!

matherk #6 Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:56 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 19387 battles
Who cares, I got caught in the eff trap also, trying to only do things that improve my eff rating, and then I thought " This is BS, I am playing just to spot, or just to cap, or whatever, and not really helping my team.  So, now I don't care, I just try to play as good as possible.  I don't rant and rave when players are no good.  Although, I do get angry when I get left out to dry all alone at times when support would be possilble..Who knows, maybe it's because my eff rating isn't good enought to help me.

Anyway, just ignore em, I have seen high eff rating players who really suck, and low eff rating players who are really good.  But, by the way, isn't it better when you are underestimated!!!

del501767825 #7 Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:01 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 22095 battles
i see XVM as problem here.

i don't have mod installed, i play vanilla game, and i see many many times xvm users at start saying bad things, and is bad for morale.
Also i am often hunt no mater tier or tank i drive by arty or other players only cuz i have above avrg ER, reason why i die sometimes 2 fast sadly.

i am not judging players before game starts, i am judging them by their actions in game, and i am only checking in game stats after battle is over.
Sometimes i see what i aspect, below 50 - 45 or even 40% win ratio with 1 kill per 10 games, but sometimes i do see above awrg win ratio players doing bad things.

Me 1st die many many times as complete newbie/noob. But i know i made mistake, i know i will try to be better next game. And i respect all players who want to be better, and are not trying to justify themselves as playing 4fun thus stats means nothing 4 them...

matherk #8 Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:01 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 19387 battles

View PostVlevs, on 04 September 2012 - 08:53 AM, said:

It's necessary to tell apart genuinely good players that have high Eff from WR and ego farmers, that might rush for cap or farm defense points. The latter have Eff and WR disparity, latter being lower, meaning they don't help their team actually win. My advice is to ignore these people, they do what they do to get ground to call others noobs and are excercising their "right". OTOH, always pay attention when a good player gives advice.

Edit: Respond to them saying "I play for fun", and watch their rage gain two levels in an instant.
Is not necessarily true,  I don't see myself as the worst player, but I am stuck at 49% win rate....Wth so many battles, I guess I am stuck with that....It would be nice to see what my win rate is for the last 2K battles or so, I am sure it is close to 55%.  And the way it is now with stats, they stick with you forever.....So, a bad player, who has now become better, carries around his crappy stats forever.....And I KNOW that some really good players are using more than 1 account, learning process gone, just to whore their stats.

Dead_Skin_Mask #9 Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:03 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12296 battles
1. 1175 efficiency is not bad. It is around 200 above average.
2. People may insult you because you have so few battles and you already play in tier VIII tank, while you have no experience in higher tiers.  
3. In my opinion people, who didn't research tier VIII tank should have no right to buy tier VIII premium. Such inexperienced player makes team weaker. And Type demands experience, because his gun has low penetration, so you need to know enemies weaker spots in armor.
4. Play in lower tiers, no one insult you there and you will get experience.

PS. I got my first VIII tier premium as a gift from WG when I had tier IX tank researched. I bought Type, when I had 3 tier X tanks researched and bought.

Edited by Dead_Skin_Mask, 04 September 2012 - 09:06 AM.

Fiets #10 Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:05 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 36096 battles
  • [RANGR] RANGR
I think players forget 1 thing.
When i started this game, i drove around in my T1 and had no idea where to go or even zoom in, somewhere whit my tier 4 arty i found out you could use the 'shift' button. Later i heard about weakspots and when i was grinding with tier 7 i saw you could use repair kits etc.
After joining a clan, the learning process went further and deaper... but...
My efficiency was allready messed up.
I did not start a new account and thought it was funny to see it goiing up.

people with bad stats or eff. could be those players, even if they do know how to play well now, the numbers could be bad.

Homer_J #11 Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:06 AM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 17395 battles
  • [AXIOM] AXIOM

View PostZoraktar, on 04 September 2012 - 08:48 AM, said:

even some low effi players are outdoing performance of higer effi players in combat.

There's a few players who play the efficiency rating but it's rare, usually the high eff players are your better players.

I know i have low effi... Low battles even played

I'd guess this is the nub of the problem.  You are too new to know what is good gameplay and what is bad.

Zoraktar #12 Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:06 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 5175 battles
Woah. That was fast replies :O

So yeah seems i been caught in alot "ego farmers" rather than Effi/WR farmers... Its been so bad luck at me or there is plenty of them?

Ofc i seen one guy from Aseveljet. Boy did he rock... But yeah something i missed on there.

Why higer effi players does not help teams often? Like i would like to platoon or go training room with some higher effi rating only to get teaching about weakspots, free xp usage (using it to unlock modules only or terrible tanks) Last couple matches i been playing with totally random people. Some people tells me my role on that tank what i'm using and some just curses me... :(

Planning on map is rarely happening more than some "low" effi people but people ignore them most of time what causes alot lemmings coming on :D

Vlevs #13 Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:09 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 13131 battles
  • [ASEAR] ASEAR

View Postmatherk, on 04 September 2012 - 09:01 AM, said:

Is not necessarily true,  I don't see myself as the worst player, but I am stuck at 49% win rate....Wth so many battles, I guess I am stuck with that....It would be nice to see what my win rate is for the last 2K battles or so, I am sure it is close to 55%.  And the way it is now with stats, they stick with you forever.....So, a bad player, who has now become better, carries around his crappy stats forever.....And I KNOW that some really good players are using more than 1 account, learning process gone, just to whore their stats.

Use WoT Logger. Start it just before WoT and it records how well you do. 49% is average or marginally above it. Don't stress over your legacy WR and improve your game to get more enjoyment out of it, not for the stats. Staring obsessively at the stats makes me depressed as well.

Alecsandru010 #14 Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:10 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 27112 battles

View PostFiets, on 04 September 2012 - 09:05 AM, said:

I think players forget 1 thing.
When i started this game, i drove around in my T1 and had no idea where to go or even zoom in, somewhere whit my tier 4 arty i found out you could use the 'shift' button. Later i heard about weakspots and when i was grinding with tier 7 i saw you could use repair kits etc.
After joining a clan, the learning process went further and deaper... but...
My efficiency was allready messed up.
I did not start a new account and thought it was funny to see it goiing up.

people with bad stats or eff. could be those players, even if they do know how to play well now, the numbers could be bad.
Same thing here,i didn`t knew about arty view until i pressed shift by mistake :D

del501767825 #15 Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:13 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 22095 battles

View Postmatherk, on 04 September 2012 - 09:01 AM, said:

http://www.planetwot.com/index/

make account and watch your daily progress towards bad or good side.

2 bad i made mine only yesterday :Smile_teethhappy:  

btw, i was owner of 1 acc with cca 9k of battles. but i have deinstal game cuz of few reasons. After some time i start to miss WoT so i decided to start again, and i can't say experience of 1st acc didn't help me on second. So i went from good to great player ( oh and playing Russian heavy line instead of German helped little :Smile-hiding:  )

Zoraktar #16 Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:13 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 5175 battles

3. In my opinion people, who didn't research tier VIII tank should have no right to buy tier VIII premium. Such inexperienced player makes team weaker. And Type demands experience, because his gun has low penetration, so you need to know enemies weaker spots in armor.

Yeah as there is suggestion part:
"Test tank before buying it"

I would done that and passed that tank and took derphill (atleast i heard it's called that)
Well atm it's only for money at me. I farm some money to tanks and farm some money for rammers and etc what i been told to get in game. (Low effi helper strikes again)

Diedel #17 Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:15 AM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 4052 battles

View PostH3ADSHO7, on 04 September 2012 - 08:55 AM, said:

Only the ER is quite worthless as an indicator for anything, but looking at both, WR and ER, you can a quite reliable impression of the player's abilites.
And don't listen to random noobs insulting you, because they're just as bad most of the time.

You should check the WR in the current tank though, as that can be a lot different that the player global WR.

The other problem is that XVM can't tell you how the player got with eff and WR, mostly platoons, maybe even low tier noob stomp platoons, or high tier random battles ? Does he mostly play stock tanks while he is still trying to upgrade them and get a good crew and move to the next tank or is he playing thousands of battles in maxed out tanks. XVM is a nice starting point, but there are so many factors it can't see that might chance the picture for a specific player in a given tank and match.

Edited by Diedel, 04 September 2012 - 09:16 AM.

bbjorgo #18 Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:28 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16699 battles
Personally my effciency is normally lower when playing platoon vs solo play, i guess when playing platoon all damage done is more evenly distrubuted as well as kills etc. It had in many cases a positive impact on WR tho...

I have what would be considered a decent Eff rating, however since the tier 10 meds came around both my WR as well as eff has been falling....could also be that I struggle with the new MM???? Anyways there are way to many uncertainties in the eff rating for most players...however players with WR > 57% and eff rating > 1800 I would always trust.....

vixu #19 Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:30 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 24565 battles
Your main problem is: 300 battles.

1) Play longer, ignore the chat.
2) Don't expect other players to be nice. You have no idea what maturity level is the person on the other side of the screen.

P.S.
Till tier 7/8 I didn't even bother with extra modules on tanks.

Tarskin #20 Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:32 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 7255 battles
  • [TDD] TDD
I prefer WR over efficiency myself but looking at both is a good indication of how well someone might play

EDIT: As the poster above me said, those stats don't really mean anything yet untill you have at least 1000 battles, which should tell you your 'starting-level' from where you can try to improve (www.planetwot.com is very handy to check your progression as a player).