T-44 is totally meh!

• Please log in to reply
1023 replies to this topic

Cobra6 #21 Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:56 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16458 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
Speaking from personal experience I think the T-44 is no competition whatsoever to my Panther II, I own both and while my stats in the Panther II are really good the T-44 lags behind, somehow it just doesn't play very well. Same goes for the Pershing my brother has, miles better as well.

I might not understand the Russian playstyle then, I don't know.

Cobra 6

ericf1 #22 Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:22 AM

Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 24655 battles
T-44 is a nice machine but  i have to admit it took me about 30 games to get used to it and appreciate its play-style.

T-44 is definately a flanker/harasser. basically you have the agility and speed to zoom in on the flanks of heavies, take a few shots and zoom out when situation gets hot.

at the end of some matches you'll be able to circle to death lone heavies, but this tank is not a brawler, remember your thin sides are full of ammos !

Tomulus #23 Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:18 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 8739 battles
When I had T43 I liked it (much more than T34-85), bad armor, but 100mm gun+good mobility was enough (58%win, 1463eff), then I bought, T44, it took me just few battles and I knew, that it's tank made for me, final stats (59%win, 1640eff (I had about 1800, but because of T9 price special I needed to get more creds and xp faster (10k/day without prem) so quality suffered little more)). I played T44 like brawler/scout, someone can say, that it's more flanker/mid range, but I think it can be brawler too, low profile, great mobility, good ROF and if you help your armor with some angle, it's able to bounce even high pen guns, only thing, that I really didn't like was ammo rack and oneshot-halfcrewdown shots (I'm wondering, how can loader drive, aim, spot and load at the same time :Smile_Default: ), but still T44 can flank enemy even without help of team (it's mobile enough) and if you can't angle armor, I found quite good going side by side to enemy tank (1vs1) and driving forward and backward next to him (as many (mostly GER) tanks can't lower gun much and have high profile), so they can hit only upper part of turret, they will often miss (bounce), while you can shot their weak side armor. When I think about this, it could be even better after 0.8, as you wouldn't ("can't remember any english word, that would fit") "get stucked?" when really side by side with 0meters space, but I sold T44 to get T54 (NOOOOOOOOOOOOO), so I can't confirm
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU so long text in english, I hope that atleast someone will read it

TLDR - avg eff 1180, T43-1463, T44-1640 = ALL PLAYERS WHO HAVE T44/T43 KNOW THAT THESE TANKS ARE WEAK AND NEED SERIOUS BUFF, OR ELSE ARE UNPLAYABLE :Smile_trollface-3:

knightM #24 Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:40 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47268 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
Agree, T-44 is very meh, specially compared to Pershing and Panther II.

View Postericf1, on 07 September 2012 - 09:22 AM, said:

basically you have the agility and speed to zoom in on the flanks of heavies, take a few shots and zoom out when situation gets hot.

AMX 13/90 has agility and speed, T-44 not really. I was expecting something like PZ3/4 in terms of agility but it's nowhere near.

Anthoniusii #25 Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23972 battles
T-44 is a real "steppe horsearcher". It goes fast ,aim fast kill from distance and changes position.
The problem is not T-44's ,its the overpowered French prototypes and scouts !!!
I hit with LB-1 gun a Patton and damage it real hard but i need 4 shots to kill an AMX-12!!!!
That is rediculus!

Mr_Burrows #26 Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:26 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 47166 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT
On top of it all, the LB-1 gun seems (to me) to be a real zero-damage pen gun. It is also way, way worse when trying to shoot on the move compared to the 85mm D5T-85BM. Lousy gunner? Nah, he is currently at 332% so he is ok (retrained from my T-34).

Flip side is that I have actually been able to turn the tide, and have gained a few percentages in win ratio. With time and luck on my side I might even break the 50% barrier before I have enough XP to unlock the T-54.

Exard3k #27 Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:04 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13786 battles

View PostMr_Burrows, on 07 September 2012 - 07:26 PM, said:

On top of it all, the LB-1 gun seems (to me) to be a real zero-damage pen gun.

If you shoot a module, then you get 0 damage. Same as any other gun.

UltimulVis #28 Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:54 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21616 battles
I'll quickly state my opinion:

Ok just barely ok tank. The big problem with it is i get criplled A LOT by random, mind you RANDOM not well placed shots. 1 hit and gun rack is hit + commander dead (gun rack doesnt explode thanks to Safe Stowage i have and the famed buff to rack hitpoints) Almost every match i get a lot of dead crewmen in it.

So i ask you, is this tank so great, if it is so easily to cripple it?

There was a discussion here about type59 vs T-44. Listen, (assuming both tanks driven by experienced players) Type wins!!! Wins hear me??! You can argue all you want, the slightly better maneuverability of the T-44 wont suffice against a standard 1vs1 against a type.

And the problem is not this, i understand if all tanks were the same where would the diversity/fun be. Problem is i'm willing to bet the Type will have 50% HPs and the T44 will be dead at the end of this fight. And this, my friends, is not OK

SupremeNoob #29 Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 41513 battles
I just gave up grinding the T44. Awful tank. Instead Im going to take eh French AMX Light tank route, Just watched an AMX 13 75 (Tier 7) light tank waste three heavies Tier 8 and 9 and guess what, a T54 to. Its fast, manoeuvrable, high ROF, dishes out decent damage, seems like a lot of fun to play. Far superior in every way to my Tier 8 T44 which is obvious as the AMX has blown me away a number of times without  any trouble at all.  So Ive given up on the Russun medium line. What a waste of time that route has been!

I also agree with the above who says the T59 is a better tank than the T44/T54. No doubt about it. T59 outlasts both easily and 1 vs 1 it will win every time.

Peo01 #30 Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13169 battles
Yeah, I agree the Type 59 is a better tank.
Go buy it as soon as it's available again if you haven't bought it yet.
Please do it, so many more easy targets for my 100mm LB-1.

You can argue all you want, the slightly better maneuverability of the T-44 wont suffice against a standard 1vs1 against a type.

First of all... slightly? Slightly better maneuverability?
Were you driving your T-44 with the first engine, or was your driver dead all the time?
It accelerates alot faster and feels far less sluggish than the type.

And the better mobility isn't enough to outdo a type59?
See you next time I'm shoving my front into a Type's side.
Yet I can understand it that most T-44s get themselves killed by a type, if they keep firing into the front armor with auto aiming...

The Type59 has become one of my best tank in a small amount of time, cause all these brainbugs (note: sry if the starship troopers bugs feel offended)
don't know how to aim at the hull and not the turret.
Seriously in about every game I get hit 3-4 times atleast one shot bounced from the turret.
If you do your maths and multiply that a bit you easily get high numbers of bouncing shots.
I can understand this in a ISU on about 450m... but in close combat?
Are you guys just getting too hectic and can't stay focused on aiming?

Anyway any good player can outdo a Type59 in a T-44 no matter how good the Type's driver is.
Any good T-54 tanker should leave a battle against a single Type59 unscathed or with about 200-300 structure less.
Anything else was just a poor performance by the T-44/54 tanker.

See you on the battlefield :Smile_honoring:

tomatojim #31 Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:57 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20273 battles

View PostAnthoniusii, on 07 September 2012 - 05:11 PM, said:

T-44 is a real "steppe horsearcher". It goes fast ,aim fast kill from distance and changes position.
The problem is not T-44's ,its the overpowered French prototypes and scouts !!!
I hit with LB-1 gun a Patton and damage it real hard but i need 4 shots to kill an AMX-12!!!!
That is rediculus!

when will you finally stop talking about OP french tanks? play them yourself before you talk such BS

and btw: if you get killed 1on1 by Tiger in your T-54 you're doing everything wrong, really everything. he needs to hit your frontplate from a good angle and has less pen, less alpha, less DPM, less armor, less HP, less moblity and is bigger...

Djerin #32 Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:02 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 10356 battles

View PostUltimulVis, on 08 September 2012 - 07:54 PM, said:

There was a discussion here about type59 vs T-44. Listen, (assuming both tanks driven by experienced players) Type wins!!!
No way. T-44 if driven correctly will kill Type59 1-on-1 every time. The trick is to use T-44's superior gun and far superior maneuverability and abuse the Type's problems with it. This means no face hugging, going into places where the Type is compromised because of the gun depression, make use of the faster rate of fire, make him use his repair kit early on by shooting his tracks off first. And so on and so forth. The Type is my favorite victim in my T-44.

scafa #33 Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:05 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 14411 battles

View Postmpc4000, on 08 September 2012 - 08:16 PM, said:

Instead Im going to take eh French AMX Light tank route,

Hope to see you and Anthoniusii whining on the French lights forum soon.

And I don't much care for brawling with Type 59s in my T-44. A skilled 59 driver will make it difficult to get to their sides and exchanging shots on the front is never going to pay off. Most 59 drivers are not that skilled though and the game is not about two tanks going 1-on-1. 59 is better at bullying lower tier tanks, but T-44 is better at pretty much everything else. Although lately I've been getting nothing but tier 10 games in my T-44 which is something 59 doesn't get ..

Mr_Burrows #34 Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:50 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 47166 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT
I still keep coming back to the question that if the T-44 is so bloody good, why are not more of them out on the battlefield?

Or lets say like this; when driving my T-44 I know I will pen the eventual opposing T-44 with every shot I fire. When the adversary is a Type, I know that some of my shots will bounce - yeah, even from his hull.

77 k Xp left to grind for the T54. Seems to end up in pure tier 10 battles lately anyway, so might as well be armored accordingly.

Edited by Mr_Burrows, 09 September 2012 - 08:52 AM.

Anthoniusii #35 Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23972 battles

View PostMr_Burrows, on 09 September 2012 - 08:50 AM, said:

I still keep coming back to the question that if the T-44 is so bloody good, why are not more of them out on the battlefield?

Or lets say like this; when driving my T-44 I know I will pen the eventual opposing T-44 with every shot I fire. When the adversary is a Type, I know that some of my shots will bounce - yeah, even from his hull.

77 k Xp left to grind for the T54. Seems to end up in pure tier 10 battles lately anyway, so might as well be armored accordingly.
I will give you the answer ...
Bacuase T-54 looks so good when you see it ingame and people need to test new tanks all the time.
But the momment they will sell T-44 to buy T-54 the same momment realise what a big mistake they did (count me in those people too).
If you like t-44 gameplay and you like T-54 as a visual result then there is the way to have the T-54's model instead of T-44's but you will still have T-44 as a tank
of yours.
Sometimes we have so much fan with a tank that we do not sell it.
I have 1314 battles with my Tiger. No need to go any further because it gives me the plaesure i seek.
If you have that feeling dont sell your T-44.
Instead try out other nations meds/heavies or try out soviet heavies .
IS and IS-3 were two heavies with much pleasure ingame for me.

tomatojim #36 Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:58 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20273 battles

View PostAnthoniusii, on 09 September 2012 - 03:31 PM, said:

But the momment they will sell T-44 to buy T-54 the same momment realise what a big mistake they did (count me in those people too).

hmm, I do not regret buying T54, you have to try a tank before judging it.
I guess by now everyone reading this subforum knows that Anthoniusii does not like his T54 and gets killed by "OP french tanks" and Tigers, but others get along very well with T54, so it's up to you. I can only recommend T54, regardless of its high ammo costs.

Mr_Burrows #37 Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:09 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 47166 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT

View PostAnthoniusii, on 09 September 2012 - 03:31 PM, said:

I will give you the answer ...
Bacuase T-54 looks so good when you see it ingame and people need to test new tanks all the time.
If you like t-44 gameplay and you like T-54 as a visual result then there is the way to have the T-54's model instead of T-44's but you will still have T-44 as a tank
of yours.
Sometimes we have so much fan with a tank that we do not sell it.
I have 1314 battles with my Tiger. No need to go any further because it gives me the plaesure i seek.
If you have that feeling dont sell your T-44.
Instead try out other nations meds/heavies or try out soviet heavies .
IS and IS-3 were two heavies with much pleasure ingame for me.

I know about the "I like this tank, therefor I keep it"-feeling. KV-1 is such a tank for me (2133 battles atm, and crew at 386%). The T-44, on the other hand, will be sold ASAP after researching the T-54, because I am a BAD player with the T-44. (I will also sell my IS-4, since I suck at that one too, but that is another story).
I got a feeling that I will do well in the T-54, since there are a bunch of threads about how bad it is. Just like the T-43,which I happen to love...

Edited by Mr_Burrows, 09 September 2012 - 05:10 PM.

TempSGK #38 Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 9072 battles
In the beta I got the T44 and the T54, it is definitely a hard tank to use, it relies a lot on the team, and the composition of the enemy team .   Because the game is so top heavy, there isn't much medium tanks, and a 2 T44s are better than 1, that's how all mediums work I would think.

So now out of the beta, I got a heavy instead, since I want to have a better influence on the match.   I think the problem is not the T44, but rather the matchmaker,  matchmaker should have more mediums, and a few heavies, unlike now, mostly heavies than the occasional mediums.

Edited by TempSGK, 09 September 2012 - 08:39 PM.

Djerin #39 Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 10356 battles

View PostMr_Burrows, on 09 September 2012 - 05:09 PM, said:

I got a feeling that I will do well in the T-54
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Of course the T-54 can easily dispose of tier8 tanks. But its MM will place it in high tier battles a lot more. And it plays more or less as the T-44 does (at least it did in beta). So if you suck with the T-44 chances are you'll have the same issues with T-54.

You really need to understand how to drive a nimble medium with mediocre gun to be any good with those tanks.

Evil_Mungo #40 Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:37 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Clan Commander
  • 28225 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
The biggest problems with this tank are the lack of opportunities on some maps to flank and the constant, and I mean constant, killed crew members.  Literally just had my track damaged/commander killed combo.  How does that even happen!?  What was he doing, lying on the floor of the tank, having a quick nap?  This'll happen every time you even come close to the enemy.

Coupled with being placed alongside tier 10's on maps with a couple of narrow approaches and a lot of the time this tank is just not able to help the team.  Got to say, not massively impressed with this tank yet, though I haven't unlocked the LB-1 yet, so hopefully that'll give me a reason to continue along the Russian medium path.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users