T-44 is totally meh!

• Please log in to reply
1023 replies to this topic

henry_wilhelm #41 Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:44 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 38907 battles
660 Battles, 60% victory. Meh? Something wrong with ur playstyle or skill or your adoption to its role.

Btw, MM for it is better than for T-54 and makes it to a monster often.

Edited by henry_wilhelm, 10 September 2012 - 01:45 AM.

Mr_Burrows #42 Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:27 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 47164 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT

View Posthenry_wilhelm, on 10 September 2012 - 01:44 AM, said:

660 Battles, 60% victory. Meh? Something wrong with ur playstyle or skill or your adoption to its role.

Btw, MM for it is better than for T-54 and makes it to a monster often.

Please tell me in what way the T-44 should be played differently compared to the T-43. You certainly have the winrate to give me a few tips. Because this is what my question revolves around; that I do reasonably well in the T-43, but not so well in the T-44. The playstyle really can't be that different, can it?

henry_wilhelm #43 Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 38907 battles
Nope, your right. But T-43 is far more immobile and could never reach T-44s performance in brawling. Better compare it with T-34/T34-85. But I dont know your playstyle, maybe u used all of them from second line as pseudo sniper and worked fine with that till T-43. All I know, if T-44 is on top of a team and maybe there is a HT on the opp. team you cant back off. You have to lead the crowd for winning.

Meds are always on the move, always ready for attack through flanking. Its the the same with T-50 & friends. Never stop.
Always try to take enemies big tanks out of the game, dont bother to easy kills.
Try always to stick to other med tanks in your team. U need a nose for groups of meds rushing somewhere and support these .. Surprise.
Try to take important positions as fast as you can.

Maybe this just dont help you, its also generally for all tanks. A good start is platooning with 2 mates, doing med rushes. Fighting all alone is far more difficult.

lonigus #44 Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:47 PM

General

• Player
  • 33143 battles
  • [T-ESA] T-ESA

View Posthenry_wilhelm, on 10 September 2012 - 01:33 PM, said:

Maybe this just dont help you, its also generally for all tanks. A good start is platooning with 2 mates, doing med rushes. Fighting all alone is far more difficult.

This. Its rly best effective with other T8 platoon meds in a 3 man team. If the MM is mercifull and puts me and my mates in a T8 game we win atleast 7 out of 10 games.

When I play alone I do struggle on some maps. Iam considering myself a good med player and I guess the more then 3000 games in French meds helped me to improve ALOT. Maybe its just my pure bad luck, but I play ALOT games in T10 battles and there Iam kinda lost on tight maps. Sure I do some sneaky ninja attacks, but the penetration of a KV5 against T9 and T10 tanks aint much to be happy about. Its not the worst T8 I ever played, but being in T10 games constanly with it makes me frustrated..

Tompo #45 Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:41 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 31417 battles
I think not the T-44 totally meh..., but the MM. Most of the time t10, if im lucky enough t9, its realy frustrating. But no WG i will not spend gold for free XP, no matter how hard you try, i will not obey to your greed.

FR3DD3STAR #46 Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:19 AM

Private

• Player
  • 43198 battles
  • [DWELL] DWELL
Go close and EVERY Tier 7 will be in real trouble. Circle him, go back and forward - he wont have a clear shot and sometimes you will get some bounces on your front plate. Angle your front plate if they can hit you and you will get enough bounces to close in and finish them off.

Who engages an Tier 9 or 10 tank with an tier 8 med in an 1 on 1? Really? I mean this is hilarious. Just wait for back up and kill him together as a team. They will ALL kill you easily unless they are just dumb or really, really unlucky.

You can chose your fights in this med easily, DO SO and you will kick some ass !!!

lonigus #47 Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:07 AM

General

• Player
  • 33143 battles
  • [T-ESA] T-ESA

View PostFR3DD3STAR, on 11 September 2012 - 12:19 AM, said:

Who engages an Tier 9 or 10 tank with an tier 8 med in an 1 on 1? Really? I mean this is hilarious. Just wait for back up and kill him together as a team. They will ALL kill you easily unless they are just dumb or really, really unlucky.

You can chose your fights in this med easily, DO SO and you will kick some ass !!!

Thats the theory for any tank, but tbh how often can you count on the other team member at all... Its mostly that the other T10 that has to lead the push is the one who is most scared to get one hit... So gl with that lol. Not to mention lemming trains and covering their fails and other stuff you need to go or help out as a med.

FR3DD3STAR #48 Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:00 AM

Private

• Player
  • 43198 battles
  • [DWELL] DWELL
First: I dont think that this works for every tank. Most tanks in this game cant reposition that easy. 55kph is quite fast (max engine required).

Second: I think it is always necessary to have some big gun back up and a way to retreat. I make use of both. Most of the unexperienced players on your team / flank will engage attacking tanks at some point. Just count in their abilities and most of the time you will survive longer (tbh I think anyone with ~10k battles has learned that  or he would have commited suicide :Smile_veryhappy: ). I retreat to their line of defence to engage the enemies together with them.

Third: I dont think ONE med (with little back up) can hold ONE flank. Meds lack some necessary qualites to block a road! So -> Lead the charge, delay their cap or flank the attacking hostile tanks (btw works with type and t54 too).

Fourth: Unless I play in a platoon, I dont push around corners anymore. It is simply unhealthy (in RL and ingame) to rely on randoms. I ask my teammates (via chat) if they go together with me and if they answer, we go as a team. That works most of the time. Otherwise I just do my damage somewhere else because camping (without real tactical use) sucks hard.

Personally I had really much fun with this tank. I have chosen my fights with it, killed some weak / wounded high tanks and soloed low tiers. The rest is bonus. I had to remind myself everytime: "It is no heavy. It is no td. It is a T44. GO HAVE SOME FUN!"

future_shock #49 Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:37 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34673 battles

View PostDjerin, on 09 September 2012 - 12:02 AM, said:

No way. T-44 if driven correctly will kill Type59 1-on-1 every time. The trick is to use T-44's superior gun and far superior maneuverability and abuse the Type's problems with it. This means no face hugging, going into places where the Type is compromised because of the gun depression, make use of the faster rate of fire, make him use his repair kit early on by shooting his tracks off first. And so on and so forth. The Type is my favorite victim in my T-44.

I really wonder... some under-average player try to claim the T44 would perform so good or kill a skilled Type59 in 1on1. I looked the profiles, stats, etc. and saw most perform bad in T44 but try to claim it's a great tank? I mean for example "Djerin", just see his stats, very poor for T44 and on the other side he owns a Type59 in which he performs better compared to his T44 (anyway poor still).

On 1on1 vs Type59 the T44 will loose if both players have equal skills. Mobility of T44 is better but Type can avoid exposing his sides, that's the trick.

OlFson #50 Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:15 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28920 battles
  • [SRSLY] SRSLY
Type is a nice med, but so are the other two t8, havent the 59 so cant comment on that.

lonigus #51 Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:40 AM

General

• Player
  • 33143 battles
  • [T-ESA] T-ESA

View Postfuture_shock, on 12 September 2012 - 07:37 AM, said:

On 1on1 vs Type59 the T44 will loose if both players have equal skills. Mobility of T44 is better but Type can avoid exposing his sides, that's the trick.

That is absolutely correct. The front of a T44 is much more vulnerable then the of the type. The front weakspot plate is twice as bigger on the T44 and the type has a far more superior turret then the T44.

Nevertheless I made a 2360 exp game with the T44 lol. It was a crazy as hell game. Made only two kills, but damaged alot two E50s and E75. Confederate aswell ofc.

Mr_Burrows #52 Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:08 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 47164 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT
After 467 battles in my T-44, I know for a fact that Type is better than the T-44. Just to settle that debate once and for all.

This conclusion comes from empirical data; I kill enemy T-44's with relative ease. Enemy Types, on the other hand, mostly kill me. It can't be that all Type drivers are more experienced, but I blame the huge weakspots on the T-44 called "upper glacis" and "turret", and the simple fact that Types do not suffer from the same weaknesses.

Just under 10 K xp left to grind for the T-54.

Edit: Free XP'd myself to the T-54. T-44 now sold.
Second edit: The T-54 actually bounces a few shots. What a change!

Over and out.

Edited by Mr_Burrows, 13 September 2012 - 08:08 PM.

lonigus #53 Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:55 AM

General

• Player
  • 33143 battles
  • [T-ESA] T-ESA
467 battles and still not on T54? I asume you dont have premium account. Iam on 143 games and like 100 battles away from the next tier... Iam on the wage if to grind it fast to the T54 or go slowly and get it 20 000 exp less in 8.0 update...

Anyways as of myself Iam getting more and more used to the tank. On 62% WR atm and rising.

Doolio #54 Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6448 battles
  • [DCDM] DCDM

View PostMr_Burrows, on 13 September 2012 - 07:08 PM, said:

After 467 battles in my T-44, I know for a fact that Type is better than the T-44. Just to settle that debate once and for all.

This conclusion comes from empirical data; I kill enemy T-44's with relative ease. Enemy Types, on the other hand, mostly kill me. It can't be that all Type drivers are more experienced, but I blame the huge weakspots on the T-44 called "upper glacis" and "turret", and the simple fact that Types do not suffer from the same weaknesses.

Just under 10 K xp left to grind for the T-54.

Edit: Free XP'd myself to the T-54. T-44 now sold.
Second edit: The T-54 actually bounces a few shots. What a change!

Over and out.
You are being tendentious, T-44 is not about bouncing shots. And I mean, at all.

Mr_Burrows #55 Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:02 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 47164 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT

View PostDoolio, on 14 September 2012 - 04:19 PM, said:

You are being tendentious, T-44 is not about bouncing shots. And I mean, at all.

Yes, so I have noticed... :Smile_blinky:
Everything pens, and that just kills me.

View Postlonigus, on 14 September 2012 - 11:55 AM, said:

467 battles and still not on T54? I asume you dont have premium account. Iam on 143 games and like 100 battles away from the next tier... Iam on the wage if to grind it fast to the T54 or go slowly and get it 20 000 exp less in 8.0 update...

Anyways as of myself Iam getting more and more used to the tank. On 62% WR atm and rising.

Only got premium yesterday. First time ever.

Doolio #56 Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6448 battles
  • [DCDM] DCDM
Hey, Mr_Burrows, I haven't replied in game because I was in the middle of the fight, but I saw you and read your comment:)
As you probably have seen by now, you won the battle, due to a very smart cap, but at least you saw that skirmishing potential of a T-44 is not to be overlooked:) I am still a bit sad you didn't make friends with this tank:)

Edited by Doolio, 14 September 2012 - 06:40 PM.

Mr_Burrows #57 Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:49 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 47164 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT
Doolio, I had NO idea that our team won!
You guys pretty much caught us with our pants down it felt. Me n my son (me in the T-43, he in the Type 59) were laying in ambush behind the rock. Wife in her IS up on the ridge had company with some american med that I do not remember.
Should be pretty easy to dispose of any enemies coming round the corner, right?

Sure, you all came at the same time, LOL! We were just smashed into oblivion in a matter of seconds.
How many were there now again? Two T-44's, one T-43, one AMX 50-100 and something else? Just an overwhelming amount of firepower.
I stayed to see you swooping around putting the coup-de-grace to my wife, then we were all dead and we left for another battle.

Hearing that we won actually surprises me. And yeah, I saw that you were still at 100 % when you went up that ridge. Well played, I would have been on 40-ish or so I bet.

Doolio #58 Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:14 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6448 battles
  • [DCDM] DCDM
Yeah, it was a good decision for us to go together (which is pretty much something only Type drivers do regularly) :)
American medium was SuperPershing.
Well, we lost really stupidly, someone from your team sneaked to our base and started capping, me, being pretty much only fast tank alive, went to reset, but naturally, everybody concentrated fire on me and that was it, your team won despite being significantly weaker at that point:) Smart cap for that player:)

The "problem" with T-44 is, as you mentioned, that it simply doesn't bounce anything:) So, you can't really brawl like in Type, but more like skirmish and use it's agility to pick off unaware targets or disabled targets. I am not good with it, but I am decent. And it took me a while to discipline myself not to simply say "yay this thing got speed, let's roll!" but to play cautiously. Thing is, if you do get caught being naughty, you will die for certain:) But if you don't get caught, sky is the limit:)
Also, you will notice that my record with T-43 is far better, even if it was accomplished during the dreaded MM about six months ago. But, that could be deceiving, because T-44 is playing with the "big boys" and errors are not an option if you want a successful battle. Maybe that's why you are having hard time with it. But, when utilized properly, I think that T-44 is one of the deadliest and most versatile vehicles in game, which T-43 I doubt it is:) In other words, I don't think you can have a battle of your life in T-43, but you most certainly can in T-44. T-43 is more consistent, but can't shine as much as T-44. T-44 is potentially, IMHO, one of the best, if not the best medium.

Turbotube #59 Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:45 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12805 battles
The problem I've found is the turret armor: there isn't any! I guess I'm too used to Type 59 and that's why I often find myself in a situation where my T-44 turret is full of holes :Smile_sad:

TxCRP #60 Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:38 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6901 battles

View Postfuture_shock, on 12 September 2012 - 07:37 AM, said:

I really wonder... some under-average player try to claim the T44 would perform so good or kill a skilled Type59 in 1on1. I looked the profiles, stats, etc. and saw most perform bad in T44 but try to claim it's a great tank? I mean for example "Djerin", just see his stats, very poor for T44 and on the other side he owns a Type59 in which he performs better compared to his T44 (anyway poor still).

Feel the same T44 should be better than Type59 (premium tank are uselly little weaker at same tiers because money marker), but it seems to have the same performance or better than his non premium brother. T44 is a good medium but when fighting a Type59 1Vs1 it's quite hard due to his bad armor.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users