Jump to content


T-44 is totally meh!


  • Please log in to reply
1023 replies to this topic

pTx #941 Posted 04 October 2014 - 01:25 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 6470 battles
  • 31
  • [C-RAP] C-RAP
  • Member since:
    03-05-2011

I absolutely love the T-44, it became my favorite tank after the first battle with the LB-1 cannon... but does anyone else feel that T-44 has a ridiculous ammo rack? Literally every 2nd or 3rd hit i take will damage/destroy it, not even exaggerating.



ilmavarvas #942 Posted 04 October 2014 - 02:02 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 17364 battles
  • 525
  • [GURKO] GURKO
  • Member since:
    01-08-2014

View PostpTx, on 04 October 2014 - 02:25 PM, said:

I absolutely love the T-44, it became my favorite tank after the first battle with the LB-1 cannon... but does anyone else feel that T-44 has a ridiculous ammo rack? Literally every 2nd or 3rd hit i take will damage/destroy it, not even exaggerating.

 

It is ridiculous, train Safe stowage skill asap, it reduces it very much.

Ast3r #943 Posted 04 October 2014 - 02:04 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 14337 battles
  • 45
  • [BNH] BNH
  • Member since:
    08-17-2011

View PostpTx, on 04 October 2014 - 02:25 PM, said:

I absolutely love the T-44, it became my favorite tank after the first battle with the LB-1 cannon... but does anyone else feel that T-44 has a ridiculous ammo rack? Literally every 2nd or 3rd hit i take will damage/destroy it, not even exaggerating.

 

Tier 9 & 10 soviet meds will also have the same issue. The tanks are small so the modules are cramped together. Shots from 120mm+ cannons will usually take out 2 modules or module + crew member.

pTx #944 Posted 04 October 2014 - 04:24 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 6470 battles
  • 31
  • [C-RAP] C-RAP
  • Member since:
    03-05-2011
I very rarely take damage to other modules, it's always just the ammo rack.

unrealname #945 Posted 04 October 2014 - 05:01 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 26895 battles
  • 1,260
  • Member since:
    10-31-2013

although im starting to get the hang of it, its just cursed for me, simply cant win enough battles to get decent wr in it, no matter what i do, pitiful 41% atm after 61 battles...

Hit Ratio 78.03%
   

 

Kill/Death Ratio 1.14
Damage Caused/Received 1.20
Average Number of Vehicles Destroyed per Battle 0.88
Average Damage Caused per Battle 1,420


spoonlamp #946 Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:06 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9479 battles
  • 234
  • [ZIIP] ZIIP
  • Member since:
    04-03-2013
Pretty shocked by my stats in this tank actually. I loved the T-34-85, in fact that tank is a keeper for me, it's balance of agility, and punchiness in the gun gets me right in the sweet spot. Somehow the grind through the T-43 went quite quick and didn't seem too painful, but the T-44 grind is just shocking. My personal WN8 with the T-34-85 currently sits just under the 1.6k, but (after a recent self-tutorial) my recent WN8 has been going up consistently and I can get WN scores of 2.5 regularly and occasionally way up the 4 and 5k. My winrate in the thing is currently hovering around 60%. But in the T-44 it's just shocking. Average WN8 of 770. Winrate of 40%. I end up spending a fortune to use premium rounds to actually penetrate anything. Someone please, please tell me that it's playable fully upgraded? I'm trying to watch my stats to improve my game and this tank is not helping...

Edited by spoonlamp, 04 November 2014 - 10:47 PM.


RNGD #947 Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:07 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 52521 battles
  • 317
  • [GPIGS] GPIGS
  • Member since:
    04-23-2011

T44 is like all bob line a walk in the park for me. After playing with harder,paper armored med lines like german or French this will actually bounce stuff at tier 8s and might even troll some high caliber tanks from time to time. Rof is so good you can pretty much perma track stuff in corners. Not a sniper at all though, you got to go near and grab them by the belt. Fun easy mode. Cant wait tyo get the BoB-54.

60% WN for me and I don't even pay attention to what I do:p


Edited by RNGD, 30 October 2014 - 07:08 PM.


Chester_Chuckles #948 Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:16 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 11511 battles
  • 244
  • Member since:
    08-01-2011

same here, spoonlamp.

T34-85: 845 games 53.96% winrate all random, no gold ammo

T44  403 games 43.42% winrate.

and Terrible  MM - i have the xvm data to prove it.

I posted it in a thread (now deleted i think) called 'is my t-44 cursed?'

 

it's a tracked piece of crap, gun entirely ineffective vs. T10, far outclassed by more recent tanks. The only way to play it is as a fat scout

i got my mastery badge in it with the BIG top gun. then rage-sold it, and bought it back for a joke.



brisha #949 Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:38 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17036 battles
  • 1,535
  • Member since:
    10-11-2012
You can't compare an OP T6 tank with a T8 even if they are on the same line. The T44 is actually a decent tank but there are far better in T8 where the playing field is also ten times harder. Power creep has hurt the T44 but the 34-85 has been left untouched by it. Forget comparing them, there are lots of lines with good tanks only to unlock a mediocre one.

ragupasta #950 Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:45 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 17566 battles
  • 28
  • [VKG-] VKG-
  • Member since:
    02-22-2012
T-44 ammo rack is always damaged, and the other pain for me, is nearly the first shot you take your driver dies...

RNGD #951 Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:11 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 52521 battles
  • 317
  • [GPIGS] GPIGS
  • Member since:
    04-23-2011

You cant hit frontal armor with this tank, so don't shoot frontal armor....side armor though is different story. It has enough rof and DPM to cripple a tank from sides, not bad mobility, not bad armor. I feel it doesn't excel in anything but its not crap in anything too. For me it is a fun fun tank to use in close to medium ranges.

P.S:it does feel like its an ammorack on top of tracks indeed lol. haven't seen more times turrets go off in any tank:p


Edited by RNGD, 30 October 2014 - 10:11 PM.


rikkelt #952 Posted 31 October 2014 - 04:09 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17506 battles
  • 1,184
  • [ZIU] ZIU
  • Member since:
    03-23-2013

Well for starters the T-44 has the best mobility of all tier 8 meds. The only thing it lacks (after the recent rof buff) is penetration, which can be compensated with gold ammo.

 



spoonlamp #953 Posted 31 October 2014 - 11:39 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9479 battles
  • 234
  • [ZIIP] ZIIP
  • Member since:
    04-03-2013

View Postragupasta, on 30 October 2014 - 09:45 PM, said:

T-44 ammo rack is always damaged, and the other pain for me, is nearly the first shot you take your driver dies...

 

+1 for same and for shiny Jane avatar.

spoonlamp #954 Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:39 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9479 battles
  • 234
  • [ZIIP] ZIIP
  • Member since:
    04-03-2013

Just before I went bed this morning, just before I got to the "too drunk to play" stage - I managed a decent round in the T-44. Flank, flank then flank some more. Any feedback appreciated as I are a learner;

 



Infryndiira #955 Posted 02 November 2014 - 11:42 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 20722 battles
  • 299
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    09-20-2013
I am enjoying my T-44 but yes, the ammo rack is ridiculous beyond ridiculous. When I got Safe Stowage for my IS-3 it virtually eliminated ammo rack damage save for very rare occasions, but for the T-44 I feel that the skill merely made the ammo rack "normal" instead, rather than durable. I have been contemplating to run it with a wet ammo rack, currently I am running it with rammer/stabiliser/gun laying drive for some ridiculous accuracy.

RNGD #956 Posted 04 November 2014 - 10:50 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 52521 battles
  • 317
  • [GPIGS] GPIGS
  • Member since:
    04-23-2011

View Postspoonlamp, on 01 November 2014 - 08:39 PM, said:

Just before I went bed this morning, just before I got to the "too drunk to play" stage - I managed a decent round in the T-44. Flank, flank then flank some more. Any feedback appreciated as I are a learner;

 

 

Humble opinion: the first conquerer you met in city and you tracked him shooting him in his side and rear? You backed up when he started turning his turret to you, if i noticed correctly he couldnt hit you, so you propably missed an easy kill there unless someone else came along to save him wich didnt happened. You have enough rof to keep most tanks perma tracked unless they use a repairer kit. Another thing is avoid using autoaim, It will usually aim higher than you want and will propably hit front turret. No need to zoom in from 50meters too, just point and shoot, with a good crew it will usually go where you want, the tank likes firing on the move. One final thing, as you are taking shots going back and forth to take cover? Dont. In a close range map like this where you dont risk getting heavilly hit from someone sniping from 350meters away, it is far more annoying to stay in flanks and in the open taking small bites of their life. In many cases they will ignore you since they are occupied with something bigger in their face and by the time they turn and rage attack you you ll have 3-4 shots in. If they turn, then back up, this way you dont waste tenths of seconds aiming and you make perfect use of your high DPM.

RNGD #957 Posted 04 November 2014 - 10:54 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 52521 battles
  • 317
  • [GPIGS] GPIGS
  • Member since:
    04-23-2011

Ever felt in game you just cant die?

Most games today in tier 9 and 10, 18/25 games for me, average damage 1750, average WN8 3843. I traded shots from 250 meters with WTE100s with me hull down and lived, bounced a JPZE100 front turret. RNG and mm gods are with me today lol.


 

Feels like this tank makes me look good in game!


Edited by RNGD, 04 November 2014 - 10:55 PM.


spoonlamp #958 Posted 05 November 2014 - 12:39 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9479 battles
  • 234
  • [ZIIP] ZIIP
  • Member since:
    04-03-2013

View PostRNGD, on 04 November 2014 - 10:50 PM, said:

 

Humble opinion: the first conquerer you met in city and you tracked him shooting him in his side and rear? You backed up when he started turning his turret to you, if i noticed correctly he couldnt hit you, so you propably missed an easy kill there unless someone else came along to save him wich didnt happened. You have enough rof to keep most tanks perma tracked unless they use a repairer kit. Another thing is avoid using autoaim, It will usually aim higher than you want and will propably hit front turret. No need to zoom in from 50meters too, just point and shoot, with a good crew it will usually go where you want, the tank likes firing on the move. One final thing, as you are taking shots going back and forth to take cover? Dont. In a close range map like this where you dont risk getting heavilly hit from someone sniping from 350meters away, it is far more annoying to stay in flanks and in the open taking small bites of their life. In many cases they will ignore you since they are occupied with something bigger in their face and by the time they turn and rage attack you you ll have 3-4 shots in. If they turn, then back up, this way you dont waste tenths of seconds aiming and you make perfect use of your high DPM.

 

Thanks for that, +1'd.

You're right about the Conq - I only noticed it in the replay as well but I was tracking him at just the right moment to prevent his turret coming round the corner. It's times like this I wish there were some kind of mod which only shows the amount of enemy tank which is actaully visible to you instead of somehow giving the red outline of the entire tank...

 I just made enough xp to unlock the top gun but it's just the same one with a fractionally higher rof. Should I hold off until after I get the top engine? I'm thinking the improved agility will be better for this tank...

Thanks again.



RNGD #959 Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:50 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 52521 battles
  • 317
  • [GPIGS] GPIGS
  • Member since:
    04-23-2011

In my case I had the V-2-54 engine already trained, so I went for the D10T gun and LB gun as soon as I could, then trained for the v-54-6 engine wich in my opinion isn't wasted xp. From now and then I see some 122 guns on t44s wich might make big alpha but I feel that gun is just wrong for me. Less accuracy, worse DPM, gold ammo with worse penetration etc, plus the most important in tier 9 and tier 10 the guns you are getting are closer to the LB gun, meaning high rof and similar accuracy.

 

I ve played german and french med tanks. Rus med tanks are by far better for me. Magical armor that will bounce from time to time high caliber tanks, easier to play in all aspects. That's is why I call these tanks the "bob" line



rikkelt #960 Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:52 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17506 battles
  • 1,184
  • [ZIU] ZIU
  • Member since:
    03-23-2013

View Postspoonlamp, on 05 November 2014 - 12:39 PM, said:

 

Thanks for that, +1'd.

You're right about the Conq - I only noticed it in the replay as well but I was tracking him at just the right moment to prevent his turret coming round the corner. It's times like this I wish there were some kind of mod which only shows the amount of enemy tank which is actaully visible to you instead of somehow giving the red outline of the entire tank...

 I just made enough xp to unlock the top gun but it's just the same one with a fractionally higher rof. Should I hold off until after I get the top engine? I'm thinking the improved agility will be better for this tank...

Thanks again.

 

LB-1 has much better aim time than the D10T, so get it, don't think twice ;)




2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users