Should I go with a T-28

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

LiddelHart #1 Posted 27 October 2010 - 05:07 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Have been playing for just two weeks and have ground up several vehicle lines in all three of the classes. I can now choose a tier 4 Medium tank, T4 light tank, T4 arty and T4 TD. I have only the credits really at this point to grind any further up one line for the time being. That being the case I have chosen to go with a tank line. I have chosen to go up the Russian heavy and the German medium. So at this point do I go T-28 or Pzkmpw III?

sourkraut #2 Posted 27 October 2010 - 05:10 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
t-28 is fast and can equip a 85mm

vs125r #3 Posted 27 October 2010 - 05:14 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 106 battles
Why do you have to make multiple threads about this?

http://forum.worldof...y-first-tier-4/

keep it to one only.

Starsteam #4 Posted 27 October 2010 - 05:18 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
T-28 is a great tank, that is once it fully upgraded and has a crew of 80% or more skill.

The final gun packs a great punch, and you will usually earn a profit in the tank. It is also fast for a medium tank of its caliber, in fact I regret selling it to get the KV  :angry:.

Homer_J #5 Posted 27 October 2010 - 05:35 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32746 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
PzIII is the better tank once you have the upgraded engines, more armour and more manoeuvrable.

T28 has better choice of guns but is made of tinfoil but doesn't need any upgrades apart from the gun.

PzIII gives you more choices but the German tanks always need upgraded engines to be decent money/XP makers.

Whichever you go for should make you more money than you need to get the next level so it's more a matter of which one first.

I say PzIII and keep it long term.

LiddelHart #6 Posted 27 October 2010 - 05:59 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postvs125r, on 27 October 2010 - 05:14 AM, said:

keep it to one only.

Becuase not everyone views the same threads or plays the same tanks and it gives me expanded input!

Skott #7 Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:05 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I'm currently using a T-28. Its fully upgraded with everything including the 85mm gun. Its not a very good scout tank because its big and slow at turning compared to its predecessor, the T-46. Its true the T-28 is squishy. Its armor sucks IMO. The biggest problem is that often you'll be up against Tigers, Tiger II, KV, KV3, IS, and IS3 in battles. You'll often be one-shotted by the big boys. Even artillery will knock you out in one shot and two hits for sure. Basically there are only two ways to play a T-28 in this scenario IMHO. As a second line tank in support of the bigger tanks. Follow them into battle and shoot from behind them just off their flank or to snipe from a well concealed area. The 76mm gun sucks against heavy armor so you need to get to the 85mm as quick as possible. The 57mm gun is somewhat better than the 76mm but its the 85mm gun that can actually do some damage to those big tanks. I usually find some heavy woods, if possible, and just snipe from concealment. If you are on a map with more open terrain than cover your life is going to be really short in battles.

Its a tough tank to play with because its armor is horrid and getting to the 85mm gun takes a while so it can be a painful and frustrating grind. Some players don't bother with the 85mm gun and just save the points to get to the KV faster. I chose to get the 85mm gun because I wanted to experience it all and see what it was like. Sniping with the T-28 and its 85mm gun with HE rounds can be fun and pleasurable but you will still die a lot. You need thick skin and patience with this tank. You are either going to like it or hate it. Many seem to hate it.

panzergulo #8 Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:28 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 18410 battles
Pz 3 and T-28 are both good tanks... Pz3 is a little bit more easier to use, it has excellent mobility and armor, for its tier, and can be used as a scout in high-tier battles. T-28 is heaps of fun, once you get a decent gun on it, but you must play it wise, as its armor is paper-thin. Neither of these tanks will ever make you lose credits, if you know what you're doing and manage to do at least something in a battle. Very cheap repairs, and the ammo costs are comfortably low at this tier.

Yup. That's about it.

Xarper #9 Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:10 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 14424 battles
The T28 is a big crunchy target, but it has good firepower.  It's not a good dogfighter cause it doesn't turn sharply.

The Pz3 is better I believe, harder to hit it and better survivability because it also has better armour. It has worse guns though. It's a trade-off. I prefer not getting killed so easily.

vs125r #10 Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:55 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 106 battles

View PostLiddelHart, on 27 October 2010 - 05:59 AM, said:

View Postvs125r, on 27 October 2010 - 05:14 AM, said:

keep it to one only.

Becuase not everyone views the same threads or plays the same tanks and it gives me expanded input!

It is low tier medium, anyone can/will use it. If you want expanded input try looking at:

T28 threads
http://forum.worldof...reditxp-farmer/
http://forum.worldof...opic/8816-t-28/
http://forum.worldof...14085-t28-85mm/

Same with pz3 tons of threads about it.

Again no reason to create multiple threads about the same thing. Use search of expanded input.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users