What to do if your addicted to the forum.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

XxXSpottedYouXxX #1 Posted 09 September 2012 - 06:12 AM

General

• Player
  • 23824 battles
  • [4077] 4077
I have got an addiction on these forums.

The forums are effecting my social life with my GF she has come up to me and told me i post far to much and i spend to much time on the forums and its effecting our social life well mine mostly.

I tried leaving forever and that lasted 1 day lol.

I have tried going outside walking the dog but i always think about world of tanks eu forums :S.

Any suggestions or advice guys ?.

I am 30 years old made redundant from last job worked for 6 years, GF works as a chef big plus for my meals of course ;p.

Does anyone else suffer these problems ?.

Please Help.

SirWili #2 Posted 09 September 2012 - 06:48 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25830 battles
  • [WOOF] WOOF
Are you really serious?

If so, dont try to go away for good, you can start by having 1 or 2 days in the week when you wont look into the forums. In those days try to do something else really interesting and enjoyable. Maybe going to some courses or joining to some sports club would help...

http://www.netaddict...d=46&Itemid=106

Theres a simple test where you can see how addicted you are to internet.

FailAccount #3 Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:07 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 1960 battles
I have an addictive personality. I guess you need to replace the forum with a healthier pursuit. I would begin by only posting between set hours. You continue to read it as much as u like . Over time you can replace the forum with something else.

If u are unemployed I would try to find some structure to your day that also includes learning something. It may make the misses happy too :)

XxXSpottedYouXxX #4 Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:16 AM

General

• Player
  • 23824 battles
  • [4077] 4077

View Postipoopoou, on 09 September 2012 - 07:07 AM, said:

I have an addictive personality. I guess you need to replace the forum with a healthier pursuit. I would begin by only posting between set hours. You continue to read it as much as u like . Over time you can replace the forum with something else.

If u are unemployed I would try to find some structure to your day that also includes learning something. It may make the misses happy too :)

I find watching trains and walking quite fun i shall try these things and try and cut down on my posting :).

I do painting and other things just to keep me living :).

View PostSirWili, on 09 September 2012 - 06:48 AM, said:

Are you really serious?
If so, dont try to go away for good, you can start by having 1 or 2 days in the week when you wont look into the forums. In those days try to do something else really interesting and enjoyable. Maybe going to some courses or joining to some sports club would help...
http://www.netaddict...d=46&Itemid=106
Theres a simple test where you can see how addicted you are to internet.
My score was 85 from the site you provided.

SirWili #5 Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:52 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25830 battles
  • [WOOF] WOOF
Its quite high, almost problematic. IMO you could think about your goal, write it down and set a date in your calendar. Maybe 2-3 months from now. On that date you can check have you reached your goals. If you failed in reaching your goals then look for a professional help. If you reached your goals, get yourself a nice dinner or something and set the next date in the calendar.  When you reach the second date, just check are you still living by your goals.

Ps. My score is 57

XxXSpottedYouXxX #6 Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:02 AM

General

• Player
  • 23824 battles
  • [4077] 4077

View PostSirWili, on 09 September 2012 - 07:52 AM, said:

Its quite high, almost problematic. IMO you could think about your goal, write it down and set a date in your calendar. Maybe 2-3 months from now. On that date you can check have you reached your goals. If you failed in reaching your goals then look for a professional help. If you reached your goals, get yourself a nice dinner or something and set the next date in the calendar.  When you reach the second date, just check are you still living by your goals.

Ps. My score is 57

I dont think a site can render me worse but it is high.

If i was to set dates they would be forgotten missed or dont exist so not a good idea.

I will see if i can reduce my posting maybe play the game more instead but its so hard maybe i do need professional help but im poor i cant afford them things ! :/.

LonelyProphet #7 Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:07 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12657 battles
i seen worst 60k posts in one year its just insane
but good luck with that play ps3 or something else to take your mind off it

XxXSpottedYouXxX #8 Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:12 AM

General

• Player
  • 23824 battles
  • [4077] 4077

View PostRuyzan, on 09 September 2012 - 08:07 AM, said:

i seen worst 60k posts in one year its just insane
but good luck with that play ps3 or something else to take your mind off it

Cant afford a console :S.

Thanks for the help :).

SirWili #9 Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25830 battles
  • [WOOF] WOOF
Thumbs up for you, hopefully you can do it. The site is just to rise awareness...

In most countries there are some groups or nongovermental organisations which help people with addictions, you must have heard about AA clubs for example. Usually those will provide help for free or with very low expenses.

The key is to be active, many people have gotten help from those peer groups.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users