• [4077] 4077
Razor ... lol.

Logitech ftw.

Doolio #42 Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6448 battles
  • [DCDM] DCDM
I like razer mice. They are overhyped and overpriced, but they suit me best. I had logitech, but couldn't make friends with it. I sold it to a friend and bought abyssus, which fits my mouse grip perfectly. It's two years since I bought it and I had no problems. Logitech mice are better "machines", but for me they're too large and heavy. I have a specific grip, with only fingertips touching the mouse and the root of the hand is set in place on the mat and the mouse never touches it. Also, I lift the mouse quite often, and I do that with only two fingers, without actually grabbing it, but letting it "stick" on it's own. So, all that taken into consideration, I can't get a hold on MX's and really appreciate small mice with long buttons and virtually no weight.
Only problem that I have with more professional pro gamering razer models is that I don't want extra buttons. But I think there are always 2-3 models which are completely raw.

Edited by Doolio, 13 September 2012 - 05:56 AM.

Juppe91 #43 Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:51 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 27529 battles
Off topic,but need more answers here http://forum.worldof...__fromsearch__1
It´s about mod skins,so if you don´t know anything about them,don´t bother trolling.

Nixouf #44 Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:55 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8499 battles
I once bought a computer that had a logitech G9 offered with it.

It has been years now, and the computer is trashed, but the mouse is like day one in spite of my constant rage and occasional drops on the floor:

Posted Image

Sturdy as ****. Not sure it will break one day but if it does, then I will switch to RAT series which presentation i just fell in love:

Spoiler                     

Edited by Nixouf, 13 September 2012 - 05:57 AM.

XxXSpottedYouXxX #45 Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:03 AM

General

• Player
  • 23824 battles
  • [4077] 4077
Who buys razor these days terrible build quality and they die after a year or so most times anyway i went with logitech and i have had no problems at all.

Had my G11 Keyboard for ages lost its foot pegs when i slammed it off the wall in a rage but thats it had no problems at all.
G700 Mouse got it on offer and even after being through some pure crap it has put up a fight tough piece of build quality and good bit of kit.

Had razor stuff most of it broke after a year or so or got wear on them or started to go funny the lasers dont trust them overpriced and bad build quality IMHO.

Depape #46 Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:14 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 21965 battles

View Postchaos7, on 13 September 2012 - 01:29 AM, said:

You have your Ring Finger on your RMB? That sure sounds uncomfortable...

I do aswell, I use middle finger for wheel-button.

Tantrum #47 Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:19 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 15885 battles
Logitech MX510/18 ftw, my weapon of choice also. Liked the shape of the MX1000 (heavy as shit tho), so stuck with it. No complaints for me, great mice altogether! And they last for ages, I had three of them from 2001 till now. (MX1000->510->518). Great bang for buck also, at about 30-35 € for the cable versions.

Nixouf #48 Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:27 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8499 battles

View PostDepape, on 13 September 2012 - 06:14 AM, said:

I do aswell, I use middle finger for wheel-button.

Who doesn't? Unless your mouse hasn't wheel, i don't know why you would do otherwise...

Tawnyn1 #49 Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:31 AM

Private

• Player
  • 23673 battles
  • [N-H-T] N-H-T

View Postdoktoj, on 13 September 2012 - 02:21 AM, said:

RAT serie looks interesting but the cordless version is just too much pricey for me.

i bought the RAT5 a year ago and this is the best mouse i ever had, i also use it for drawing with Autocad and its just a dream :)

Doolio #50 Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:32 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6448 battles
  • [DCDM] DCDM
I use index finger on both left and middle button, my middle finger is on the right button.

Who buys razor these days terrible build quality and they die after a year or so most times anyway i went with logitech and i have had no problems at all.
Had my G11 Keyboard for ages lost its foot pegs when i slammed it off the wall in a rage but thats it had no problems at all.
G700 Mouse got it on offer and even after being through some pure crap it has put up a fight tough piece of build quality and good bit of kit.
Had razor stuff most of it broke after a year or so or got wear on them or started to go funny the lasers dont trust them overpriced and bad build quality IMHO.

As there aren't any razer related posts between your last post and this post of yours, I assume you replied to me. Well, if you actually read what I wrote, you would know the answer to everything you said in your post.
I mean, you don't have to troll always, especially since I have said that logitech builds better mice and explained why razer mice suit me better.
If your post isn't a reply to mine, I find it hard to see what's the point of it, you said the same thing earlier.

slow_hand #51 Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:27 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21143 battles

View PostTrilandian, on 12 September 2012 - 10:10 PM, said:

I've purchased the Razer Imperator 4G today, and it's an all-around great mouse, but it has one critical problem for me - it doesn't fit my grip. I'm not talking about my grip style, my primary style being the palm grip, which the Imperator is specifically designed for, but rather about the angle of my grip. I've never paid attention to this before, but I hold the mouse in such a way that my wrist and forearm extend in a straight line from my palm, as opposed to the angled position ergonomic mice apparently cater to. The result is that my ring finger ends up propped against the right-side lip of the mouse, instead of resting on the table. Realizing this only after I've bought it is definitely a pain, since it means I've just flushed the equivalent of $100 down the toilet (I'll call up my cousin tomorrow, see if maybe he wants it). Again, this isn't to say that the Imperator is bad in any way, it just doesn't suit my grip.

So the moral of the story, and the following advice I impart on those of you who've been considering buying an ergonomic gaming mouse, is this: make sure, that when you hold your mouse, the palm of your hand angles to the left of your forearm (picture the left side of the letter Y), instead of extending directly from it (picture the letter I).

Have you tried to let the mouse point to your left but let your hand grip it without being angled?
It may sounds and feel awkward first, but it's the way I tend to use ergonomical mice and I have my hand in a straight line with my forearm.

Navarome #52 Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:14 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 26773 battles
  • [GOP-A] GOP-A

View PostTrilandian, on 12 September 2012 - 10:10 PM, said:

Just a little advice for people who are thinking of buying an ergonomic gaming mouse, from firsthand experience (no pun intended).

I've purchased the Razer Imperator 4G today, and it's an all-around great mouse, but it has one critical problem for me - it doesn't fit my grip. I'm not talking about my grip style, my primary style being the palm grip, which the Imperator is specifically designed for, but rather about the angle of my grip. I've never paid attention to this before, but I hold the mouse in such a way that my wrist and forearm extend in a straight line from my palm, as opposed to the angled position ergonomic mice apparently cater to. The result is that my ring finger ends up propped against the right-side lip of the mouse, instead of resting on the table. Realizing this only after I've bought it is definitely a pain, since it means I've just flushed the equivalent of $100 down the toilet (I'll call up my cousin tomorrow, see if maybe he wants it). Again, this isn't to say that the Imperator is bad in any way, it just doesn't suit my grip.

So the moral of the story, and the following advice I impart on those of you who've been considering buying an ergonomic gaming mouse, is this: make sure, that when you hold your mouse, the palm of your hand angles to the left of your forearm (picture the left side of the letter Y), instead of extending directly from it (picture the letter I).

Well, this is basically it. I'll be going back to the store tomorrow to get a SteelSeries Sensei [RAW], as its shape and dimensions seem to be identical to my optical Microsoft mouse.

Hope this helps some of you.

Cheers.

my advice to buy an normal cheap mouse was correct :Smile_trollface-3:

Banf #53 Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:56 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 18228 battles
Please excuse my ignorance, but I'm using a wireless mouse. Just a normal laptop-friendly Logitech. Would I get better reticle response from one of those wired gaming mouses? I mean would a wired mouse communicate quicker with my aim?

lonigus #54 Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:05 AM

General

• Player
  • 33481 battles
This is not a fps where you need 4000 dpi or more to be super fast. WoT can be played by a 800 Dpi mouse. More like the less DPI the better you can adjust the aiming. With high DPI ratio the recticle would jump to much. I have a 6000 Dpi Roccat mouse and Iam playing WoT quite succesfully with 400 Dpi software downgrade lol.

Had a Razor. The senzor malfunctioned after barely 8 months of casual using... And after my current Roccat mouse I switch to Logitech for sure or for the lulz to a Tt Level 10 M.

Xensation #55 Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:08 AM

Lieutenant General

• Clan Commander
  • 18001 battles

View PostTrilandian, on 12 September 2012 - 10:22 PM, said:

Nowai, looks way too... bizarre.

This is the mouse I'm currently using:
Posted Image

It suits me fine, except the dpi is really low, and the cheap plastic wears out really fast, so I have to replace it like twice a year.
Why would you ever want high DPI? I have a razer deathadder (which is awesome by the way) which can be used at 3.5DPI and I set the DPI to 400 or 450, because it makes aiming and such much easier.

BattleMetalChris #56 Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:09 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9248 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
You tend to get much better fidelity with a gaming mouse. Where's a normal mouse might register a movement every 1/2 a millimetre a gaming one might do that every 1/10 of a millimetre, the result being that you get much more accuracy with small movements.  They're also set so the computer 'pings' them more often for position information and are made to minimise the fraction of a second delay between mouse and PC.

They sound like a rip-off but I've recently had to change to a bog-standard Dell mouse when my Logitech GX500 broke and it's crazy how crippled the input feels.

Banf #57 Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:32 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 18228 battles
Thanks for replies.

FreakDC #58 Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:33 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6000 battles

View PostTrilandian, on 12 September 2012 - 10:29 PM, said:

The thumb grip and arch really aren't the problem, those are fine. The problem is the extended lip on the right side of the mouse.

And like I said, the Sensei looks to be exactly what I'm looking for, so I'll go for that.
Steelseries is a solid choice, got one myself and it's the best mouse I had so far (and I had Microsoft, Logitech and Razer).
If you can spare a little more money go Steelseries.

View PostCpt_Kawa, on 12 September 2012 - 11:36 PM, said:

That is the best gaming mouse ever. Bought it when BF2 got released and have it since then. From time to time I think that I need a new mouse (cheap ones, expensive ones etc...) and go buy one and after a week or so I go back to my really really really used looking MX 518. Simply the best!
I have a Logitech G5 and tested the MX 518 but decided to go for the Steelseries Xai in the same price range.

View PostHeinzi, on 12 September 2012 - 11:16 PM, said:

Buy a Logitech G400 for 29.99, all problems solved.
Would also be my choice in the 20-40€ price range. Being clearly superior (IMHO) to the Razer Abyssus and Steelseries Kinzu. Precision is very comparable but since 3 buttons is too few for gaming IMHO the G400 wins. Being able to switch precision on a key press is also something I don't want to miss.

doktoj #59 Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:46 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 15012 battles
Got a first edition of G9 (five years of service :Smile_Default: ) then switch for the cordeless G700. I change it cause the cord finally broke inside near the entrance of the mouse, too lazy to repair it x)

Why keep on Logi mouse : the micro gear system, it is just a fantastic feature for switch in free wheel mode when using navigator scrool.

The only con IMHO of the G700 is the battery life for gamers. If you play a lot, prepare a stack of battery (like Eneloop 2000mAh) as backup.

Drogzar #60 Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:50 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4260 battles

View PostPadyEos, on 12 September 2012 - 10:26 PM, said:

Posted Image

Clearly doesn't fit almost anyone's grip, my advice look at pictures and try and find something with similar arch to comfortable mouses you had in the past, or buy a fully customizable one. I for one am lucky, the Logitech ones fit me really well since they have a nice and high arch. That razer one is just too flat.

I don't understand why the Imperator is placed as "Palm Grip" mouse... I use the "Claw Grip" and this is the BEST mouse I've ever used (Tried ALL the Logitech ones and simply... no, those are much more oriented to "Palm Grip")

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users