WG loves bots E-100 is awesome

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
154 replies to this topic

Sagro #101 Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 7208 battles

View PostSteffenkbh, on 16 September 2012 - 03:12 PM, said:

Dear WG, this is exaclt the things that we in the educated part of the world, see as amateurish.
We are smart anough to not like such things.

sorry but even in our western educated world 80% of our citizens are imbeciles and largely unaware of critical thinking and logic

and its those unquestioning casual gamers that wargaming loves and they do everything they can to keep bad random casual gamers playing while pissing off thinking critical serious gamers

you know casual gamers dont complain about bugs they buy gold and are happy !

randomness matchmaking  Op tanks  and even the reward system all show strong indications of this

Legionarul #102 Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:42 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 7663 battles
well...this is interesting but expected, if botting wouldn't be so lucrative then it wouldn't exist in this game.On a side note lets hope that this shitstorm doesnt influence WG to cut from the next patch the extended afterbattle report.

And hey they can always say that those battle stats are in TEST server and thank you for your feedback and they will solve it but first they will remove battle report because its clearly bugged.Typical i might say from their part.

Its actualy a proof that their sistem is flawed even on live server this happens you all know that feeling that something is wrong but not enough evidence to see that.

war4peace #103 Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:59 PM

Colonel

• Translator
  • 26982 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostH_A_A_K_O_N, on 14 September 2012 - 01:20 PM, said:

Isn't this easy to fix? If meters driven is <X meters then zero EXP.

Ouch, then I'd have to start driving around in my arty or TDs (and not help the team, but who has time when you're running for your life, erm, XP and credits?).

Legion_ #104 Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:37 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 13526 battles
So when during the battle, the brown mass hits the fan, it is actually better to suicide then to give your best and still being penalized for a loss?

guguloi #105 Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:53 AM

Heart Smasher

• Player
  • 50771 battles
  • [FOCA] FOCA

View PostSnib, on 14 September 2012 - 01:03 PM, said:

Broken reward system is broken, or maybe WG loves bots a little bit too much.
Yeah, I saw something similar a couple of days ago in my Priest (you know, that sh!tty "arty").
Playing on standard account and usually I have around 300 XP in a decent win battle. For my curiosity I went AFK in a battle and they won it. My XP was veeery close to 300 for doing absolutely nothing.
No screenshots but trust me. :)

CroustibatFR #106 Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:32 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 23297 battles

View Postzmeul, on 14 September 2012 - 01:26 PM, said:

hehe, like someone here sugested, the new after battle report might start some flame towards WG

also since they know how much travel a tank does while in game, they cannot say they didn't knew on not banned AFKers/BOTs
0Km travel should be insta-reported by the system

@calebos
if you take a closer look on how AFKer / BOTs opperate you will see they use premium tanks 99% of the cases
and that translates into $ income for WG; also they don't ban the culprid on 1st offence so he can buy another premium tank and give it sencond go - more $ for WG :Smile_trollface-3:
WG isn't here to provide a better player experiece, they're here for the money .. and man .. they've nailed it

Nah. The thing is, people dont get banned for botting, they get their account reset ... and they keep their premium tanks. It means botting in a premium tank. See the logic here ?

1: create farming account
2: buy a lowe/any tier 8 premium
3: afk in every battle
4: sell farming account with lots of free XP, research done and a premium tank .

WG knows this very well.

Armiger_alpha #107 Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:59 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9305 battles
  • [IRMI] IRMI
Well if this is a way to make money - selling accounts - then who knows maybe afks are created by WG ? lol !

willTell #108 Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:54 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 10108 battles
I wonder what the reasoning behind this new battle report is.
Even more players will realize that they only have to press the battle button and receive a good share of xp easily.
If they speculate that this will sell more premium tanks and accounts; because it is easy and less painful than working for the win. I don't know...sounds kaput.

It is good to see that they finally given in and added this feature, but they must know that the community will not accept what they now can see.
Fighting for the (loosing)  team is not valued enough - doing nothing is valued too much.
That's not right, and we know now!

I can only hope that they are working on a more fair system now, or else this forum will have it's new hot topic for a long time.

Shireknight #109 Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:55 AM

Player

• Veteran
  • 13377 battles
  • [TELOS] TELOS
I thought there wasn't a survival bonus because that would encourage players to camp so I'm surprised to hear this and it also raises another question in my mind then.

I know if a crew member gets killed in battle he earns less XP than the rest of the crew who don't die but then does that mean that if all the crew die then they all receive an XP penalty even if the battle is a victory? because I assumed that even if the tank is destroyed the crew still get the same XP they would have got if they had survived as long as the team win the battle.

Now I'm suspicious.

Diedel #110 Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 5280 battles

View PostWarenwolf, on 16 September 2012 - 09:40 AM, said:

I thought everyone knew about this? At least we got now visual confirmation of our suspicions.

I got 298 xp (base xp) while being stuck during most of the battle. I got almost 2K (obviously crap but still) during 5x event when one of my ram sticks died (and I had to find out which one) - during that time I obviously neither fired or (playing arty) was nowhere near the enemy.

I tried before to argue for xp and cr reward system more reflective of individual contribution but...

It always felt like you often get nearly nothing for loosing, but i never imagined the difference be that huge. I like that you get a team effort bonus, as that is nice for people that "sacrifice" themselves during the battle, but i am not sure that i like how global and big that team bonus is.

JeffyShow #111 Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:53 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 5164 battles
Bots are ppl too..

Vepsen #112 Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:13 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 22006 battles
  • [HKN] HKN

View PostCroustibatFR, on 17 September 2012 - 12:32 PM, said:

Nah. The thing is, people dont get banned for botting, they get their account reset ... and they keep their premium tanks. It means botting in a premium tank. See the logic here ?

1: create farming account
2: buy a lowe/any tier 8 premium
3: afk in every battle
4: sell farming account with lots of free XP, research done and a premium tank .

WG knows this very well.

Bingo !

Everybody is happy, except the few of us who give a shit about playing a good match. Guild Wars 2 is too fun nowdays, i barely find the patience to log in here and make the dailies for a couple of tanks.

I think i`ll just /afk my way to T62A and E50M, almost there anyway, but this way i wont suffer the grief of retarded monkey team mates and wallet warriors :)

Edited by DruidsCanTank, 19 September 2012 - 07:16 AM.

St4n #113 Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19511 battles
  • [WU36] WU36

View PostShireknight, on 19 September 2012 - 01:55 AM, said:

I thought there wasn't a survival bonus because that would encourage players to camp so I'm surprised to hear this and it also raises another question in my mind then.

I know if a crew member gets killed in battle he earns less XP than the rest of the crew who don't die but then does that mean that if all the crew die then they all receive an XP penalty even if the battle is a victory? because I assumed that even if the tank is destroyed the crew still get the same XP they would have got if they had survived as long as the team win the battle.

Now I'm suspicious.

Crewmember get's a penalty to exp gain if he dies in combat, that's true. But they get no penalty if they die trough tank destruction. For example:
You get hit in the drivers hatch. Driver is knocked out. Next hit destroy your tank.
Driver gets penalty.
All other crewmembers get their normal exp (like if they had survived).

Dead_Skin_Mask #114 Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12696 battles

View PostSnib, on 14 September 2012 - 01:03 PM, said:

Broken reward system is broken, or maybe WG loves bots a little bit too much.

Well, it can be caused by the fact, that M48 survived. As I remember there is some small bonus for survival. Also AMX played really bad or unlucky :)

zmeul #115 Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:53 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 19552 battles

View Postwar4peace, on 16 September 2012 - 11:59 PM, said:

Ouch, then I'd have to start driving around in my arty or TDs
you still need to move around in a SPG, even TD; that is if you are not a bot ...
SPGs "have" to move between shots or they will end up as counter arty kill - no much helping your team if U'r dead
same goes for TDs, no use to be a TD if you don't take cover in bushes and advance or retreat depending on how the battle unveils itself

Cruiser_Yahagi #116 Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:02 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7937 battles
making a meters moved or shots fired requirement might mean bots start moving firing randomly though :(.

SeerEast #117 Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:11 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8109 battles
Pretty much the typical thing to expect from Wargaming.

Hippopotamus_Rex #118 Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20607 battles
  • [ETOH] ETOH

View Postbravotango, on 14 September 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

I started using WOT logger a week ago. I had great battles in T34, in first one I did almost 4k dmg, the second only 3k. Guess what, I got less xp for the first one, than the second. So nobody can say damage means xp, something is not right. I wasn't even near the cap zone and in T34 you won't spot anyone.

Isn't damaging equal-or-higher tier vehicles more rewarding than lower tiers? The same 1000 damage done to tier 7 brings less exp and creds than tier 8 or 9.

Edited by Hippopotamus_Rex, 21 September 2012 - 02:14 PM.

Homer_J #119 Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:21 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28712 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostHippopotamus_Rex, on 21 September 2012 - 02:13 PM, said:

Isn't damaging equal-or-higher tier vehicles more rewarding than lower tiers? The same 1000 damage done to tier 7 brings less exp and creds than tier 8 or 9.

EXP yes, credits no.

But if you had been paying attention to Snib's series then it's all pretty irrelevant, being on the winning team is more important than actually doing anything.  But most of us had figured that out long ago.

bravotango #120 Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 27997 battles
  • [BFUSQ] BFUSQ

View PostHippopotamus_Rex, on 21 September 2012 - 02:13 PM, said:

I rarely see tier 7 in my T34 nowadays, but it's possible. Game is full of tier 10-9 tanks and it's getting ridiculous. Even a pro player said, that playing tier 8 tanks are not worth it, because you are constantly at the bottom, or in the middle of the MM table. Since the T34 gets normal MM, not premium one, it's unplayable.

My point is, you work hard, lose the match and you don't even get the reward for doing so much. Why should anyone suffer, because of the rofling teammates, it's not fair. XP system should reward everybody for the individual performance, not the team. I still don't know why is WG pushing so hard with the team mentality, when it's clearly impossible with random skilled people. We really need skill based partitions, like in other games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users