• This topic is locked This topic is locked
135 replies to this topic

SupremeNoob #121 Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 41530 battles
Five minutes later.
I bounced an entire barrel of shots of an E100
I ran away and managed to hit a T110E5 twice in the ass.
He shot me twice and I died.
Team lost.
It was a full on Tier X match - as usual.

298 XP
- 2,678 credits
Prem account

Working as intended.

If I had used prem ammo the loss would have been about -25k

SupremeNoob #122 Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 41530 battles
A few minutes later and another match.
Thought I would stay near the base for safety coz u know Im a coward.
IS6, T54, T34 arrives at the base. I manage to get on pen on the T54
and then I died.
I tried to hide, manouvre out of the way etc...but it was a futile manouvre

Enemy are now capping......

They just capped.

AsyxA #123 Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:56 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 15460 battles
I don't want to add anything except i really wanted to play it and like it back then. (around 7 months ago, the era of 40t nerf-prime)
Got it with almost only daily bonus and losses to 40k short of bat. and still ragesold it because i couldn't take it any longer.

The thing is, back then I didn't wanted to get batchat.
No, I skipped the last 40k just so i could sell it, so I wouldn't be trapped into playing it any longer for the daily.
That is how awful playing that "thing" became for me at the end.

I won't touch that thing again. Never.

BlubbsoR #124 Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:28 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17685 battles

View PostAsyxA, on 09 July 2013 - 09:56 PM, said:

I don't want to add anything except i really wanted to play it and like it back then. (around 7 months ago, the era of 40t nerf-prime)
Got it with almost only daily bonus and losses to 40k short of bat. and still ragesold it because i couldn't take it any longer.

The thing is, back then I didn't wanted to get batchat.
No, I skipped the last 40k just so i could sell it, so I wouldn't be trapped into playing it any longer for the daily.
That is how awful playing that "thing" became for me at the end.

I won't touch that thing again. Never.

Cheers mate.

AceF #125 Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:52 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 12721 battles
The Lorry is an intressting tank either you do a fantastic match with 3-4 k damage and just everything works out for you even the reloding, and other games you die like a nublet.

I learnt that you less aggressive the better the score, but the damn speed of the tanks make you end up at places you shouldnt be. I blame the speed, nerf the damn speed :P

Only 70k left until the Bat

Btw I got the lorry when it was tier 8 and managed to unlock everything before it went tier 9 and I went 1 year afk.

I rememberd that the 100mm gun had only 5 shots in the revolver when it was tier 8 but as tier 9 it has six, so that is good ^^

Cenon #126 Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:52 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 8329 battles
Its very frustrating sometimes how Lorraine is ultra-dependant on the rest of the team. If rest of the team cannot make exploitable holes on the enemy lines, lorry is doomed to duck and cover.

Looyo #127 Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 43449 battles
this tank is like police...
nowhere to be seen when u need it..... pops out from every hole when u don't want it to appear and steal kills

Edited by Looyo, 24 September 2013 - 12:22 PM.

radd666 #128 Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:51 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 19284 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
This is my story. I loved it with the 90mm cannon as people think I am no threat to them. Well, I was. Then I got the 100mm and here is the replay of my ffirst battle with it: http://www.noobmeter...073068750728653
I think it is going to be a pleasant grind to the BatChat25t, 200k XP seems a lot, better hope it is pleasant.

View PostNoxpara, on 29 April 2013 - 02:41 PM, said:

My 2 cents :smile:
I finished at 49 win with it. It was still increasing, I had 59% in the more recent battles with it
Need to say that i had 28% at one time,in the beginning. Hated every piece of it, almost raged sell.
I had some of my most epic games in it.
My first and only Radley-Walters.
The only time and tank in which I did 8000 dmg...(and not hte time I got the R-W)
The first and only rule is to forget everything about 13-90 and not do anything that you did with that tank.
Never leave starting position untill you load your first clip. Never try do do spots. You will see that arty oneshots decrease significantly.
never be the first tank to be spotted, never be the first tank in a postition, better not go to advanced position in the beginning.
In the first part of the battle just stay at ~400 meters and snipe from a bush, If you do it right no one can see/shoot you while you discharge 1-2 drums. Or you can alternatively w8 for scouts near your artys.
In the second part when everyone is beaten up you can kill any tank if it has less than 60%-50% hp, and i repeat, any tank...including maus...
You just find a lonely beaten up tank and go finish him. If you do this correctly you take maximum one shot.
reload + repeat this step to a maximum of 4 times considering and average 450 shot.
Now combine these 3-4 kills with the sniping from the beginning and you are looking at a nice 2000-3000 dmg dealt...which should be enough for your contribution.
I played it with vert stab+binocs+vents.
Crew with sixth+recon/snapshot+repairs/offroad+smoothride
Did over ~150k exp in a weekend playing like a maniac(with prem account) and got batchat.
The tank is really nice, give it a chance.
And dont judge it by its stock modules...most tanks are crap stock....
Best regards,
noxpara
And this sums it up really nice. It has no relations to AMX1390, forget about that kind of playstile. Learn it from the start as a new alien vehicle. Read the quoted text over and over till you get it in your head. So kudos noxpara, I had the same attitude in my Lorraine. I have maybe 20 battles with it and I like it a lot.

Edited by radd666, 28 September 2013 - 10:59 AM.

Kanjejou #129 Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:39 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16443 battles
  • [NOPAN] NOPAN
Lorraine suffer from so poor armor and mobility that its and easy target for everything leading a lorraine is easy as pie its the size of a [edited]heavy tank with the same mobility...
The innacurate gun+long aimtime  counter its penetration+burst damages and the lack of depression make american autoloader superior in all situatuion because you need to show the whole tank to shot something.
I can't even do something with this tank the amx 50/100 is ok for em but the lorraine damn I can't so anythign with it...
And since you are a priority target you have to wait hidden for an opportuniti that may never come...
A good half of the game were people get good result with lorraine they are killstealing 80% of their damages and kills.

Edited by Kanjejou, 03 October 2013 - 09:43 AM.

paper_tiger_pH #130 Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:15 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 41864 battles
I've got an alternative view.

I first bought the lorraine just before it was moved from t8 -> t9.   Had only a few games at t8.   Then it was upgraded to T9 and I lost the gun I liked and had to grind the 100mm.

Went on to have a terrible win rate, terrible performance, so I sold it.

roll on a couple of months and I decided that I really wanted a batchat and the lorraine was on offer (30% off) so I rebought it.
In the meantime I'd also got an amx 50/100 and was playing that as a sniper/support tank with good results.

I applied the same technique to the lorraine; rather than play as aggressively as I had in the amx 13/xx tanks I started to sit back and use it as a sniper in the early stages of the game.   I only start running around and taking advantage of the speed once I know how the game is playing out and where the enemy are.

And my win rate is now up to 48% :)    I know that sounds rubbish but it was in the 30% range after my first stint, so I've dragged it up a fair way.

And now I actually like the lorraine.   enough that even though I've got the batchat now I'm keeping the lorry.

You have to accept with the french autoloaders that they pack a punch but have no armour - so don't expose yourself unless there is a trade off.   and learn the weak spots on the enemy.    I've killed a couple of Maus with my lorraine - and that isnt kill stealing, doing most of the damage.
Think about which hits you want to take, one of my good games I kept letting a tiger shoot me because it stopped the t10 tds from hitting me and I could run around to get behind them by exposing myself to the t7 heavy.

Tankistu #131 Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:04 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 27684 battles
Given its size and lack of armor the Lorr should be a bit more maneuverable...

The only good way to play it in randoms alone is as a jackal. Don't go up front, don't go alone unless you have a clear victim in sight or there is a weak flank to exploit.

radd666 #132 Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:29 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19284 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
http://wotreplays.com/site/373533#self

So far, so good.

Abusemtex #133 Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:28 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26998 battles
  • [-RED-] -RED-
One good game doesnt mean a tank is good. I managed to get ace tanker badge on 40t too but compared to E50 or T-54 you are much more dependent to your team, the map and the game mode.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

radd666 #134 Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:35 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 19284 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostAbusemtex, on 07 October 2013 - 08:28 AM, said:

One good game doesnt mean a tank is good. I managed to get ace tanker badge on 40t too but compared to E50 or T-54 you are much more dependent to your team, the map and the game mode.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

That is why you always have an option to play in platoons. Some tanks need it, others don't. I like the Lorraine's ability to do serious sniping and funny slow circling. I just believe the tank is going to be a really fun and engaging grind, with lot's of great, quality preparation for the Bat-Mobile. B'cos if you can survive and have good battles in this Shell-magnet, in your Bat you will (prolly) reign supreme.

Abusemtex #135 Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:25 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26998 battles
  • [-RED-] -RED-

View Postradd666, on 07 October 2013 - 08:35 AM, said:

That is why you always have an option to play in platoons. Some tanks need it, others don't. I like the Lorraine's ability to do serious sniping and funny slow circling. I just believe the tank is going to be a really fun and engaging grind, with lot's of great, quality preparation for the Bat-Mobile. B'cos if you can survive and have good battles in this Shell-magnet, in your Bat you will (prolly) reign supreme.

I dont say Lorraine is a bad tank but it's far more situational an map/team dependent.
I have seen E50s holding or at least seriously delaying an enemy approach because of good anglning and precise fire. With Lorraine you cannot do that. You really have to play the tank as assassin and log range flanker only. You have to wait until the battle is developing so you can rush behind or flank the enemy and pump your clip into them. Until then you have to act as a sniper.
But I agree with you that if you succeed in 40t you will in 25t.

radd666 #136 Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:31 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 19284 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostAbusemtex, on 07 October 2013 - 10:25 AM, said:

I dont say Lorraine is a bad tank but it's far more situational an map/team dependent.
I have seen E50s holding or at least seriously delaying an enemy approach because of good anglning and precise fire. With Lorraine you cannot do that. You really have to play the tank as assassin and log range flanker only. You have to wait until the battle is developing so you can rush behind or flank the enemy and pump your clip into them. Until then you have to act as a sniper.
But I agree with you that if you succeed in 40t you will in 25t.

B'cos Battery is very similar, our HP are crucial for you to do something, so you have to avoid getting shot more than with other tanks, very vulnerable modules, so sniping and waiting for the, as you said, battle to develop and pick off the weaker/low HP targets. Just like the male lion hunting alone, big and hard-hitting, but doesn't want to suffer any chance of injuries, those can be fatal.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users