Lorraine, my story.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
135 replies to this topic

SupremeNoob #21 Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:03 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 41749 battles

View PostAnnihilism, on 20 September 2012 - 03:11 PM, said:

Also hope that the enemy team doesn't know that HE shells can 2 shot a lorraine.

I do now thanks.  :)

_Aztec_ #22 Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17081 battles

View PostAnnihilism, on 20 September 2012 - 03:11 PM, said:

I feel you OP. I bought this horrible piece of equipment again because i badly want a batchat 25t.

I can go in detail about how bad this tank is but i don't think it's neccisary because everyone already knows.

The enemy team will love you since you are a wonderfull XP pinãta for them.

The new buff will also be lovely for the enemy team so they can shoot more HP off so they can get more XP.

There is only one possible way to make this tank playable:
- decrease aimtime by at least 1 second
- increase accuracy by at least 0.02

I found one way to play this tank though.. Hide... Hide as long as you can then when you see a tank singled out and he's distracted go for it.

Forget about supporting your teammates since you will be shot at sight as soon as anyone sees you (it doesn't really matter where you hit a lorraine, you'll always do damage). Also hope that the enemy team doesn't know that HE shells can 2 shot a lorraine.
This tactic means that, the Lorraine is not contributing anything to the team. They would win or lose in any case. All the same what the Lorraine is doing. Thats why i usually suicide rush. Or try to reach good spotting/sniping position.
8 times out of 10 it fails, but hey, thats the Lorraine.

MeowbanBrother #23 Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8298 battles
my stats in the lorr are the worst of all the tanks i own for sure.

I just cant get my head round pretty much stock.
just have to grit my teeth to grind through to the batchat.

The worst part i find is the amount of abuse that will get thrown at you because its a lorr, for me i cant figure it and the only info ive read to on how to play it is to act like a coward.

Other than the fact its huge, has what 1sec of the load of the amx13/90 on the stock cannon, terrible turning, naff acceleration. I do like the name.
it is a very pretty name and i wish my girly lorraine dies in a fire.

badbits #24 Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14302 battles
Posted Image
This sums up my feeling about the crap that is Lorraine 40t

thedirtypaw #25 Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15711 battles
i played in the beta.. then i got around one month ago, to get to the batchat..
i mean.. i swear to god, NOTHING, but i mean NOTHING compares to the hell i've been crawling through to get past the amx40...
The Lory though, comes close..
Im just going to tell you what i did, maybe somebody uses it to their advance:
-i only got the cannon, and the radio. Bought a suspension thingie to manage to mount it and from here on its just a grind to the batchat.
-sniper works with this cannon, just take your time (i know, i know... )
-always choose open fields with hills, from my point of view, its way easier to dodge arties than standing at building corners
-change flanks, ALWAYS be on the move, and yeah, how somebody here said, try to be a ninja flanker
.. thats.. about it im afraid..
Its not like im an awesome tanker or something, but its not that hard to get 2/3 matches won with damage done.
stay hidden, move a lot, snipe & flank..
GL to you all lories out there

henom #26 Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14599 battles
And as soon as the sixth lamp starts to shine, there is a 95% chance of every single one of their arties shooting you. Fun times.

phaCtor #27 Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15850 battles
I have a decent winrate with Lori 44% atm going up fast, tho my first 100 battles were just learning this tank from scratch. It is not a bad tank at all. It just needs time to learn, It requires different approach then amx1390 and any other tier9 medium. My first battles were trying to scout, to be involved in the front, to distact enemys etc, like I used to play 1390, no need to mention that this tactic fails for Lori.
The biggest - for Lori is that you are so much depended on your team advance and players. Lori can't go to frontline, or hold a line. If your teammates don't realize that, then you're usually dead.
I have noticed that when you advance, or try scout when team players insist on that, you will usually be dead. You need to have a lot of patientie with Lori. Be aware of the battle, where the battle is going, don't be rambo. Pick your targets with caution.
I usually approach enemys if they are distracted, shot ammo rack, rear, sides etc, to do as much critical damage as possible. At that point they shouldn't be a threat to you anymore.

Archy07 #28 Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4088 battles
lol, i don't think Lorr is bad, and i also think it's quite playable.
Yes, it has no armor and stuff like that meow meow meow meow...
but still, the tank is just fine, at least how i see it...

Volccis #29 Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:34 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 12232 battles
  • [EFE] EFE
Why people always say it just needs learning and still after 100 matches it needs learning. Only thing what I had to learn was its awful camo value and not to go in situation where Im in bush and if I move once I would be dead. Otherwise it acts just like any other container french machine; engage --> shoot as much as you can before taking damage (or too much damage) --> hide --> relocate/wait a bit and shoot rest of your ammos --> hide & reload --> relocate and repeat.

Lorraine isn't bad, its great damage dealer. The problem lies in armor, enemy Tier 9 heavies can drive over lower tier tanks without taking damage at all. Your story in Lorraine is different, either you take 2 hits (about 600dmg-800dmg) or flank when enemy is shooting at your teammate. And another problem, you are Tier 9 tank in Tier 9 match and those Tier 7/8 tanks wont engage first, never. Also when enemies comes they are shooting at your T7/8 tanks and usually penetrates them. If you would be Tier 9 heavy, they wouldnt penetrate you all the time and your teammates would stay at higher HP which is itself huge advantage to be able to take shots back.
If your teammates dont succees and you are faced up against 2-3 T7/8 tanks who are at half of HP, you will probably be dead. In Tier 9 heavy you could still handle the situation and make a win. Same story with T-54, you can take shots back and thats why its better in terms of teamplay.

Dammonar #30 Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:51 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 53299 battles
im srsly thinkin about rewarding WG with 200k exp worth ofconvert, Or maybe not.. only  doubles maybe.. sometime.

Humble_Warrior #31 Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 28731 battles

View PostDammonar, on 17 December 2012 - 01:51 AM, said:

im srsly thinkin about rewarding WG with 200k exp worth ofconvert, Or maybe not.. only  doubles maybe.. sometime.

i'm nearly 40k away from the bat chat and the lorriane has been rather interesting to play. I've adopted a sort of hit-and-run style, you load hit a few targets then retreat to reload and repeat, it can be annoying sometimes but when you get in the right position your said target is usually dead... :Smile_trollface-3:

zolacat999 #32 Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17153 battles
  • [BAD-V] BAD-V

View Postnemesis13, on 17 December 2012 - 12:42 PM, said:

i'm nearly 40k away from the bat chat and the lorriane has been rather interesting to play. I've adopted a sort of hit-and-run style, you load hit a few targets then retreat to reload and repeat, it can be annoying sometimes but when you get in the right position your said target is usually dead... :Smile_trollface-3:

I agree with this its not a bad tank its just not very forgiving, get it wrong your dead but so long as you play it safe with a hit and run type style its really not a bad tank particularly when you get behind people who are not paying attention an get to empty a full mag into them.

Legault #33 Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:46 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 14706 battles
And don't try to empty your clip every time... if you got 2-3 shots in and you have a feeling there's someone (arty especially) looking at you, don't get greedy and just back off and reload. I see way too many idiots that seem to think a clip needs to be empty before you're done.

moomoo2 #34 Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:56 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20730 battles
Lorrie is crap. Sorry I cannot expand on the premise but i really cannot be bothered with it. Spending my time in a Tier 9 hiding behind rocks in fear of a Tier 7 is not my idea of fun. I worked my way enjoyably through the 13s to get there and it feels like someone at WG punched me in the face for trying. Not fair at all. People can argue the point all they want, but I know that a 13 90 would make a mess of a Lorrie without even trying.

Point in case:
The IS-8 has worse armour than the IS-3, but it more than makes up for it with mobility and a devastator cannon, I even one-shotted an IS-3 with it.
All other Tier 9s seem to have at least some improvement from tier 8, why must I lose months of my life dragging out a grind on a lump of turd just to get a genuinely awesome Batchat?

The Lorrie should just be taken out as it is just not a Tier 9. Replace it with an AMX-30 or possibly if being crazy the Somua SM, both work in the time-frame and either would be an improvement.

kymrel #35 Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:19 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32919 battles
Sorry OP, but you got to tier 9 and still haven't figured out stock tanks are crap?  :Smile_sceptic:

Legault #36 Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 14706 battles

View Postmoomoo2, on 23 December 2012 - 11:56 PM, said:

Lorrie is crap. Sorry I cannot expand on the premise but i really cannot be bothered with it. Spending my time in a Tier 9 hiding behind rocks in fear of a Tier 7 is not my idea of fun. I worked my way enjoyably through the 13s to get there and it feels like someone at WG punched me in the face for trying. Not fair at all. People can argue the point all they want, but I know that a 13 90 would make a mess of a Lorrie without even trying.

Point in case:
The IS-8 has worse armour than the IS-3, but it more than makes up for it with mobility and a devastator cannon, I even one-shotted an IS-3 with it.
All other Tier 9s seem to have at least some improvement from tier 8, why must I lose months of my life dragging out a grind on a lump of turd just to get a genuinely awesome Batchat?

The Lorrie should just be taken out as it is just not a Tier 9. Replace it with an AMX-30 or possibly if being crazy the Somua SM, both work in the time-frame and either would be an improvement.
If you're that bad in the lorraine, why do you want a batchat?

What is it with idiots and their assumption that the batchat is amazing compared to the lorraine? The main difference is camo and size, but the batchat is by no means small or hard to hit.

Botlike_PlayStyle #37 Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22201 battles

View PostLegault, on 24 December 2012 - 10:17 PM, said:

What is it with idiots and their assumption that the batchat is amazing compared to the lorraine? The main difference is camo and size, but the batchat is by no means small or hard to hit.

The Batchat IS amazing compared to the Lorraine. I mean i can scout and shoot at tanks that can't even see me because of my awesome camo.

As an Artyplayer i can tell you hitting a Batchat is much Harder then Lorraine, its hard to miss a Lorraine but hard to hit a Batchat.

Size does matter ^^

Omix #38 Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 20095 battles
100k off from the batchat, I'm really hating the Lorraine as well. Poke out and shoot a few rounds, get tracked and bombed back to stoneage from the numerous spgs that are lurking in these high tier battles. Or even worse, getting spotted and bombed when thinking you're invisible, oneshotted by Gwtiger or something without even knowing you're in battle. All this is very much avoided in the Batchat, due to camo and small size. I'm a quite frequent spg player, and thus knowing that batchat look like an ant on a planet when sitting in that huge ring, very hard to get direct hit on. Have also seen batchat sitting in middle of battlefield, without being detected. So yes, I do think batchat is much better, and will indeed buy it as soon as possible.

My personal issue with lorraine is that much team is crap (ofc it's only them.. ;) ), giving a horrible win/loss rating. 1/3 of all my matches in lorraine is the typical bad team, big part of team rushes off, getting killed, i try to support them, ending with me standing surrounded after my frontline is dead, having no real chance against a swarm of tier 7/8's, making me cursing team after another wasted top matched match.

TombKing #39 Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 27723 battles
  • [CTFD] CTFD
i got 57% winrate on my lorraine, but that win rate is all thnx to T8 lorraine. It was so manoeuvrable as a T8. Now its just........ I want to sell it but on the other hand i cant. Must be the fun memories i have with it.

lecoche #40 Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 33676 battles
The only answer to those who praise the Lorraine is to torture them and force them to play Lorraine. No fancy thing as 5 skills, just none :Smile_trollface-3:  If they don't change their opinions, you know there is something wrong with them   :Smile-tongue:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users