Bans for "illegal" gold

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
680 replies to this topic

Snib #21 Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:55 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 18888 battles

View PostJKMD, on 18 September 2012 - 03:34 PM, said:

So as you know... or not, most of east europe players has been banned for buying "illegal" gold through gift. I, myself got banned,
Siema. So you're saying most of east europe was trying to scam WG? GG guys.

Flyntlock #22 Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:55 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 20815 battles

View PostSilentstalker, on 18 September 2012 - 03:52 PM, said:

For those who don't know how it works:

A player buys gold from some site I won't name here with their credit card for "half price" than usual. This site takes the player's credit card, buys the gold from the gift shop for FULL price and sends it to the player - and when the gold arrives, the site cancels the credit card transactions. Player gets gold, site gets the "half price" from his credit card, WG gets nothing ------> WG bans player until he pays FULL price.

In that case they deserve everything that happens to them.

Silentstalker #23 Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:56 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 15242 battles

View PostFlyntlock, on 18 September 2012 - 03:55 PM, said:

In that case they deserve everything that happens to them.

Yup, that's my opinion too.

Flyntlock #24 Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:56 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 20815 battles

View PostTreborn, on 18 September 2012 - 03:54 PM, said:

Gold Resseler: Pst,pssst. You there wanna buy gold? I sell cheap, cheap, really cheap.
Flyntlock: No man, Im afraid its scam.
Gold Resseler: But Im selling you 50k gold for 20 euro.
Flyntlock: Cant believe such aberation.
Gold Resseler: Look Flyntlock, I login on your computer, I redeem some codes from UGC or I make some fake bank payments and you recieve the gold, its all legit I swear on my mothers grave. You think I would cheat you?
Flyntlock: But your mom is alive.
Gold Ressler: You want the gold or not?

Funny bugger :)

Drogzar #25 Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:56 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 4260 battles
I think the exploit was the Gift Shop:

- Scammer Company finds a way to buy tons of gold to WG using a paying method that is fraudulent/stolen/illegal/hacked/whatever (For example, using stolen credit cards).
- Scammer company "Gifts" that gold to players at prices lower than GW official ones.
- The fraudulent/illegal way of buying gold is discovered and WG realices he has sell tons of Gold but has not received (or has been forced to return) the money for it, so it investigates.
- Scammer Company's accounts who bought all this gold used it on "Gifting" other players.
- WG closes the Gift shop to other than yourself.
- Those other players are accused of buying gold illegally from others than GW, which is true.
- Players complain in the forum because they break the rules and now have to pay.

And that is it.

Edit: Last step: - Cheaters get positive reputation because this community is SO stupid that they will side on anyone who is against WG despite WG gaves them a free game...

Edit2: Silentstalker explained before me :(

Edited by Drogzar, 18 September 2012 - 04:01 PM.

Naeron66 #26 Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Veteran
  • 8487 battles

View PostJKMD, on 18 September 2012 - 03:34 PM, said:

So as you know... or not, most of east europe players has been banned for buying "illegal" gold through gift. I, myself got banned, WG want me to refund over 20000 gold cause their crappy system can't detect illegal transactions well. Support doesn't give a <profanity removed> about our emails, they are just sending automatic message.

Well, WG... Good luck with wiinning your golden <moderated content removed>

How can WG or PlaySpan detect that a credit card transaction is illegal before the owner of the credit card reports that transaction?

Answer: They can't.

You are the person who used a scam service to purchase gold, take responsibility for your own actions.

View Postjinx_uk, on 18 September 2012 - 03:45 PM, said:

Don't understand what's going on, can someone elaborate a little please? I thought you can only buy gold through the WOT official site. Other sites were scams were they not? How did people actually manage this?

Player "buys" gold from scammer. Scammer uses stolen credit card details to buy gift gold for player. Player receives gold.

The card owner reports unauthorised transactions on their card, bank reverses payments and cancels card. WG are told that the gold purchase has been cancelled and they won't be getting any money. WG says that player is not entitled to gold that no one is paying for. If gold has already been spent then they lock the account until any money owed had been repaid.

Edited by Orree, 18 September 2012 - 05:45 PM.

Szlejer #27 Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:58 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26542 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
Well deserved, educational bans, I must say.

JKMD #28 Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:59 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2876 battles

View PostNaeron66, on 18 September 2012 - 03:57 PM, said:

How can WG or PlaySpan detect that a credit card transaction is illegal before the owner of the credit card reports that transaction?

Answer: They can't.

You are the person who used a scam service to purchase gold, take responsibility for your own actions.
A lot of people that bought boxes with world of tanks got banned so.... you wanna tell me that boxes shops are selling are illegal also? How come that people who bought gold from official site got banned also... and those who won the gold in events made by WG?

Legion_ #29 Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:01 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 13526 battles

View PostDrogzar, on 18 September 2012 - 03:56 PM, said:

I think the exploit was the Gift Shop:

- Scammer Company finds a way to buy tons of gold to WG using a paying method that is fraudulent/stolen/illegal/hacked/whatever (For example, using stolen credit cards).
- Scammer company "Gifts" that gold to players at prices lower than GW official ones.
- The fraudulent/illegal way of buying gold is discovered and WG realices he has sell tons of Gold but has not received (or has been forced to return) the money for it, so it investigates.
- Scammer Company's accounts who bought all this gold used it on "Gifting" other players.
- WG closes the Gift shop to other than yourself.
- Those other players are accused of buying gold illegally from others than GW, which is true.
- Players complain in the forum because they break the rules and now have to pay.

And that is it.

Edit: Last step: - Cheaters get positive reputation because this community is SO stupid that they will side on anyone who is against WG despite WG gaves them a free game...

So in the end it was a win-win-win situation for the reseller?

1.win: Finding some "customer", earns money

2. win: Getting the customers ass banned by WG

3. win: Hes probably comming back to buy more Gold as it is cheap

joyuesp #30 Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:02 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 30120 battles
  • [-B3C-] -B3C-

View PostJKMD, on 18 September 2012 - 03:59 PM, said:

A lot of people that bought boxes with world of tanks got banned so.... you wanna tell me that boxes shops are selling are illegal also? How come that people who bought gold from official site got banned also... and those who won the gold in events made by WG?
they will have the retail box or the credit card extract as a proof you have NOTHING

JKMD #31 Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:04 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2876 battles

View Postjoyuesp, on 18 September 2012 - 04:02 PM, said:

they will have the retail box or the credit card extract as a proof you have NOTHING
WG wants money only, they don't give a <profanity removed> about those who feed them.  I know some people who bought the gold to be unbanned, they have been unbaned, after 30minutes - account banned again, illegal gold.

Removed profanity.

---Orree

Edited by Orree, 18 September 2012 - 05:25 PM.

Drogzar #32 Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:04 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 4260 battles

View PostLegion_, on 18 September 2012 - 04:01 PM, said:

So in the end it was a win-win-win situation for the reseller?

1.win: Finding some "customer", earns money

2. win: Getting the customers ass banned by WG

3. win: Hes probably comming back to buy more Gold as it is cheap

Yep, but WG figured it "in time" and now the Gifts to other accounts is disabled so the business has ended for the reseller.

Drogzar #33 Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:06 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 4260 battles

View PostJKMD, on 18 September 2012 - 04:04 PM, said:

WG wants money only, they don't give a shit about those who feed them.  I know some people who bought the gold to be unbanned, they have been unbaned, after 30minutes - account banned again, illegal gold.

And I have a friend that knows a guy that is the husband of the girls in customer support that says the opposite.

Please, stop embarrassing yourself, MORE.

Legion_ #34 Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:06 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 13526 battles

View PostDrogzar, on 18 September 2012 - 04:04 PM, said:

Yep, but WG figured it "in time" and now the Gifts to other accounts is disabled so the business has ended for the reseller.

Those are one shot scams as the reseller knows that the possibility to sell gold will be closed. Thats the reason you could buy 50k gold for 10€.

Cichy133 #35 Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6553 battles

A player buys gold from some site I won't name here with their credit card for "half price" than usual. This site takes the player's credit card, buys the gold from the gift shop for FULL price and sends it to the player - and when the gold arrives, the site cancels the credit card transactions. Player gets gold, site gets the "half price" from his credit card, WG gets nothing ------> WG bans player until he pays FULL price.

Oh god you are so clueless its just funny :DD

loituma #36 Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:06 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 1209 battles
  • [NOFUN] NOFUN

Thanks for the explanation, I was wondering how the hell it was possible. Gotta say it is all pretty funny and Snib's comment made me smile from ear to ear.
I'll be eagerly monitoring the expected decrease of "siemas" over the week-end :)

Edited by loituma, 18 September 2012 - 04:13 PM.

Treborn #37 Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:07 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 14654 battles

View PostSnib, on 18 September 2012 - 03:55 PM, said:

Siema. So you're saying most of east europe was trying to scam WG? GG guys.

Siema Malaka Kurwa. Until few years ago paypal wasnt available for Eastern Europe. Back then real tanks were sold over the internet, not only pixel tanks.

Im from Eastern Europe and I was affected by this since my entire country was banned from EShopping.

Szlejer #38 Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:07 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26542 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostJKMD, on 18 September 2012 - 03:59 PM, said:

a) Yes, box gold codes could be reported stolen by the vendor. Ban.
b) Yes, you bought gold from WG then cancelled the transaction. Ban.
c) Yes, you won gold in events, but meanwhile you also did a) and/or b), guess what, Ban again.
d) Retarded enough to buy gold from a scammer, Ban

Makes perfect sense.

Jukelo #39 Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:09 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 22212 battles

View PostCichy133, on 18 September 2012 - 04:06 PM, said:

Oh god you are so clueless its just funny :DD

Then could you enlighten us as to how exactly that works instead of just insulting people?

Anyway, you guys were told repeatedly that you should NOT buy gold from anyone other than WG. You were caught handling stolen goods, you are fully responsible.

Treborn #40 Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:11 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 14654 battles

||

V

Honorable person, I Want To SELL 10k gold + SuperPershing for 30 Euros. My shop is better than WG shop by a mile!

^

||

http://www.oase-wass...0ff5c9f2e2a.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users