Quit to desktop right after clicking onto Play

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

Darehitorimo #1 Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 0 battles
Hi Guys,

since two days i've got the problem, when i click onto "Play", the game will start.
The game switches into fullscreen mode and the screen is black, before i get to the loading screen.
That sounds all familiar and is no problem, but quite before the loading screen the game quits to desktop. :Smile_trollface-3:

In the past i had no problem with this game on startups, but now it drives me mad!

Iv'e installed MS Word 2007 before two days and also I installed Dark Souls with a DS-resolution-fix. Since this, the game everytime quits to the desktop.
I don't know, if the automatically installation of TuneUp Utillity 2012 had any consequences, because I uninstalled this software, right after getting installed. -> BIG THX TO SKYPE (MICROSHIT) SO FAR!!! :Smile_ohmy:

My question now: Which programs does World of Tanks need, to get fully running? Is there a component, which blocks this game at the moment??? Maybe .netFramework???

My System:
- DirectX 11 (Windows installation)
- Win 7 (x86)
- 2nd clean installation of WoT
- no other running programs, as Deamon Tools Lite, Norton and VIA HD Deck
- GeForce 9800 GT
- AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Proc. 6000+
- 4GB RAM

I would be happy, if someone could help me!
(German speech would be comfortable, if it's possible ... big thx!)

Greetings,

Darehitorimo

*UPDATE*

- running the WoT.exe didn't solve the problem (also not running as administrator)
- reinstalling Microsoft C++ 2010 redistributable didn't solve the problem
- reinstalling Microsoft .netFramework 4.0 didn't solve the problem
- reinstalling WoT didn't solve the problem (I'm trying to create a clean install now - noticed, that i had data corpses after unistalling.) -> didn't solve the problem
- firewalls were never the problem and a firewall will never kill your game ... keep this in mind ... you just won't be able to connect to the servers
- version 8 is a beta-version and 7.5 was a fully stable running version, until I've installed MS Word 2007

- DirectX 11 is up to date and can't get uninstalled, because it's a redistributeable version

Please dont use red color in your posts - it is reserved for Wg administration and staff edits
/BigBadVUK

Edited by Darehitorimo, 19 September 2012 - 05:47 PM.

RR_Phobos #2 Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:52 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
I've got the same problem, but only every now and then.
In average, about every 10th battle, after the map has fully loaded I get a CTD without any error message.
I have to start the game again and most often I can reconnect just a few seconds after the battle start timer has run out, so it's not a huge problem.
But it's annoying.

This problem only occured after 7.5 has gone live. I have never had this problem before.
I cannot connect it to any other installations or installed mods.
I've got literally no explanation for it, afar from patch 7.5 being the reason.
Thus I hope they fix it with patch 8.0.

i486DX #3 Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:42 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Try running the .exe

Edited by i486DX, 18 September 2012 - 10:43 PM.

Turen_Karn #4 Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:46 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles
check firewalls. and the program to run without the updater is called worldoftanks.exe
try reinstalling directx and graphics card drivers. dont use the very latest ones. or beta ones. stick to drivers that are a couple versions behind the latest drivers.
are you installing wot into the same area that you had it before. might be worth trying a new location/folder.
have you tried version 8 to see if you still have the problem there. ?

Darehitorimo #5 Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 0 battles
*pushing up*

Try to be more constructive in your psots and dont spma or bump threads
Otherwise you are risking sanctions
/BigBadVuk