• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

tomgrey #21 Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:18 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 26360 battles
  • [T-F-K] T-F-K

View PostEctar, on 25 September 2012 - 02:59 PM, said:

What I can safely say is that a contest based around using the rep feature to vote, won't be something we use ever again.

Fair enough, absolutely agree.

Nemean #22 Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:26 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 38378 battles
  • [-CUTE] -CUTE

You do realise that even if we did a normal vote system that could still be manipulated by groups of players?
Everytime we involve the community there is accusations of cheating, or things being done unfairly.  When we chose the winners we're accused of being biased or that other entries should have won.
It's always unfair if you didn't win I guess.  We can't have everyone win and when it's a contest based on people's opinions then they have a right to disagree.

Let's get this straight first; I don't really care I didn't win, it's a contest after all and people lose and win, there is nothing I can do about it. However, the voting is player based and you know how this works out.. people start voting on each other since they are clan buddies / in real life friends (a bit like the Eurovision Song Contest from back in the days) and in my opinion some of the signature I've seen should've been in the top 10. ;) I'm just stating it's unfair for the hard work of the people joining this contest. Anyway good to hear the next contest will be different. :)

Edited by Nemean, 25 September 2012 - 03:27 PM.

Sumichobo #23 Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33114 battles
This is BULLS**T, many players (excluding me) who didn't win and commented on this thread have better signatures. I could make an ugly signature in paint with all possible colours and still win if i command 10 clans with maximum players each ( I don't know how many players a clan can have ( if there is limit ) )...
Now I'm glad i didn't vote, it would be a waste of time.
And why so much gold? I mean 10 000 gold for first place in photoshop edditing... I guess WG want's to win really bad.

Edited by Sumichobo, 25 September 2012 - 03:37 PM.

bravotango #24 Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 27997 battles
  • [BFUSQ] BFUSQ

Everytime we involve the community there is accusations of cheating, or things being done unfairly.  When we chose the winners we're accused of being biased or that other entries should have won.

The only contest I know with this accusation was the tank design contest. For some reason the pro work didn't win, but some terrible hand-drawn picture did, which was interesting to say the least, but that was still way better, than this. People with clans, always have an edge over everyone else. I've seen some pretty good works in there, then I spotted a terrible banner with 30+ rep and guess what...

These contests should always be on the main site, so everybody can see it and vote easily. 1-2 days old threads are not on the front, so the chance of a random player vote is low, but clans will spam that page no matter where is it. (that's not anyone's fault, the site is pretty lame tbh, several times I missed some important special, because of this)

All in all, please don't make another open vote. I see the new event is already doing this, so just keep that format and select the winners yourself.

levitron #25 Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 59962 battles
Congrats to the winners :)

Murphy1up #26 Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:52 PM

Lieutenant General

• Military Reserve
  • 11249 battles
  • [-QQ-] -QQ-

View Postbravotango, on 25 September 2012 - 03:33 PM, said:

The only contest I know with this accusation was the tank design contest. For some reason the pro work didn't win, but some terrible hand-drawn picture did, which was interesting to say the least, but that was still way better, than this. People with clans, always have an edge over everyone else. I've seen some pretty good works in there, then I spotted a terrible banner with 30+ rep and guess what...

These contests should always be on the main site, so everybody can see it and vote easily. 1-2 days old threads are not on the front, so the chance of a random player vote is low, but clans will spam that page no matter where is it. (that's not anyone's fault, the site is pretty lame tbh, several times I missed some important special, because of this)

All in all, please don't make another open vote. I see the new event is already doing this, so just keep that format and select the winners yourself.

We've learned a lot from it. Future contests will be handled differently as there is some really cool stuff planned. The one I'm working on atm I can't wait to see the entries for.

Arteo #27 Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:32 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 11329 battles
Ectar, the WG's logic has been sound.
My signature was done mouse made ( no cut, copy, paste of other authors images ™ ® ) in 30 min, didn't really try it to do it good.
Some signatures were "better" then others, but the liking, taste is not discussed.

Edited by Arteo, 25 September 2012 - 05:41 PM.

Eldest #28 Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:02 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13387 battles
Text removed

Dear user,

Your feedback is most welcome, but have in mind that insults will not be tolerated.

You have been issued sanctions.

~Hunter1911

DeltaRogue #29 Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:07 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5083 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC
Well, at least the Wargaming Staff have admitted that the voting system was flawed.
I never expected the "right" people to win this competition (I was actually expecting yours to be in the winners circle, Eldest :Smile_blinky: ), but you never really can when the community is involved. You will always have players that will abuse the system.
I feel that this latest competition (something to do with the Rage Comics) will have better success, as it will only be the Community Team reviewing them.

dUG1 #30 Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29873 battles

View PostDeltaRogue, on 25 September 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

Well, at least the Wargaming Staff have admitted that the voting system was flawed.

Any yet they gave out gold to players with horrible signatures and big clans behind them.

What does that say about them?

DeltaRogue #31 Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:06 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5083 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC
It says that they followed their rules to the letter.

They can't exactly turn around and say "actually, you don't deserve this award". They made a competition for gold, which relied upon the forum's reputation system. If the reputation system said that those winners had the best signatures, they can't deny them their winnings.

It may not seem like a fair decision, but it was the only choice they had.

dUG1 #32 Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29873 battles

View PostDeltaRogue, on 25 September 2012 - 07:06 PM, said:

They can't exactly turn around and say "actually, you don't deserve this award". They made a competition for gold, which relied upon the forum's reputation system. If the reputation system said that those winners had the best signatures, they can't deny them their winnings.

Sure they can.
Just put an update on Signature Contest news with info about Contest voting or rules being changed cause of obvious exploiting by group of players.

Its that simple, and I am sure no one, except the mentioned players with horrible signatures and big clans behind them, would object; quite the contrary.

Instead they alienated their community and player base who took part in the contest, just to "please" 10 people who, yet again, found a way make a fun of their rules (Porsche contest getting Steel Wall with highest number of hits anyone?)

Was it worth it?
I seriously doubt it, ´cause trust me when I tell you they lost several dozens (maybe even hundred) votes for Golden Joystick with this move, mine included :Smile_blinky:

DeltaRogue #33 Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:24 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5083 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC
At the end of the day, someone will feel as though they have lost out, simply because they didn't win.

I agree, some of the signatures that are on the leaderboards may not be as good as ones I have seen among the forums, but it was down to the community to vote fairly, but the system has failed as a result of players voting in clans or to simply unbalance the votes.

The fact is, the event was clearly labelled with a "community vote" win system; they cannot simply change their rules after the competition has ended, otherwise they will simply alienate other members of the community, for "not abiding by their own rules". In this situation, there isn't an outcome where everybody wins.

FAQtime #34 Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:08 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12650 battles
  • [T-D-T] T-D-T
winers = guys with clans .. and at least for other players they can give a 500 gold compensation. but thats life ... :arta:

StevieBs #35 Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:19 AM

Private

• Player
  • 10041 battles
The only thing I can say about this is: Im not in a clan and I doesnt told my friends to vote for me but I still won the 6. place....  I myself have never expected that and all I  want to say is THANK YOU to those who voted for me!  (wp) :Smile_blinky:

Edited by StevieBs, 26 September 2012 - 10:35 AM.

ChuckNorrs #36 Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:53 AM

Private

• Player
  • 14048 battles
  • [LTU] LTU

View PostStevieBs, on 26 September 2012 - 09:19 AM, said:

The only thing I can say about this is: Im not in a clan and I doent told my friends to vote for me but I still won the 6. place....  I myself have never expected that and all I  want to say is THANK YOU to those who voted for me!  (wp) :Smile_blinky:
And now guys calm down, its just one of so much contests, your time will come :Smile_glasses:

If I remember right (sorry if not), you work was in 1st page with huge negative rep. So as many players here explained they tryed to support neg rep participants, not for their work, but to keep rep at leat 0. Later community removed neg reps, and vola, you got 58 supporters. The same is for other on 1st page. So you won because of compassion.

And now guys calm down, its just one of so much contests, your time will come :Smile_glasses:
So typical for winers...

Distruptor #37 Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11973 battles
  • [_GRO_] _GRO_
This competition is set from the start!!!!!!!! scam!!!!

StevieBs #38 Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:32 AM

Private

• Player
  • 10041 battles
when do the winners get their gold? :Smile_mellow:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users