Jump to content


Each time I hear this i have to cry


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

Ronineter #1 Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:07 PM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 18025 battles
  • 2,236
  • [READ] READ
  • Member since:
    09-07-2010
i think its because its goes about the man that sacrificed themselves for the world we know today, without them the world we know today wasn´t possible.
Just take a realization, if these man didn´t came to europe, how would look our world today? I think there would be no freedom. each day i see today that's everything is getting worse, but the man were the series are going about, making you relize there is always hope.


Edited by Ronineter, 26 September 2012 - 07:30 PM.


DD_Zooly #2 Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:16 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 11842 battles
  • 641
  • Member since:
    07-30-2010
Not sure why the neg rep but I fixed it for ya :Smile_Default:

Ronineter #3 Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:21 PM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 18025 battles
  • 2,236
  • [READ] READ
  • Member since:
    09-07-2010

View PostDD_Zooly, on 26 September 2012 - 07:16 PM, said:

Not sure why the neg rep but I fixed it for ya :Smile_Default:
Soem people dont like there are freeed from the nazis i think

Shortcake #4 Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:48 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 18263 battles
  • 335
  • Member since:
    04-28-2011
reeks of western propaganda to romanticise another trade war to profit the top 5% as always. Cry all you want blood is cheap.

Catarraz #5 Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:45 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 13287 battles
  • 928
  • Member since:
    05-05-2011

View PostShortcake, on 26 September 2012 - 07:48 PM, said:

reeks of western propaganda to romanticise another trade war to profit the top 5% as always. Cry all you want blood is cheap.

Romanticised western propaganda?
Maybe, but at least it's trying to pass a message.
These men truly did fight for freedom volunteerly and were not imperialists like the Nazis or Communists.

"Trade war to profit the top 5% as always"?
Sorry man, but this as I see it reeks of obsessive commoner's paranoia.  :Smile_sceptic:
Just enjoy the freedom.

Kyphros #6 Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:42 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 14402 battles
  • 2,814
  • Member since:
    01-03-2012

View PostUMM, on 26 September 2012 - 08:45 PM, said:

Just enjoy the freedom.
You should know, my good sir, that this absolutely and completely depends on your very own definition of freedom. And this man probably doesn't have the same as yours.

Personally, I think we're not free yet. It's much better than what the world would have been as a 100% nazi one, but there are still lobbies and other groups of interest plotting in dark corners in order to serve their own interests, whether it is money, glory, power or pleasure. And these should disappear. We won't be free before all of these people stop to exist. Unfortunately, this category of people probably won't die before humanity disappears from the surface of this planet. So, my dream will never really come true, I think.
It's pretty close but we didn't reach total freedom yet. :Smile_Default:

Ronineter #7 Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:46 PM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 18025 battles
  • 2,236
  • [READ] READ
  • Member since:
    09-07-2010

View PostKyphros, on 26 September 2012 - 09:42 PM, said:

You should know, my good sir, that this absolutely and completely depends on your very own definition of freedom. And this man probably doesn't have the same as yours.

Personally, I think we're not free yet. It's much better than what the world would have been as a 100% nazi one, but there are still lobbies and other groups of interest plotting in dark corners in order to serve their own interests, whether it is money, glory, power or pleasure. And these should disappear. We won't be free before all of these people stop to exist. Unfortunately, this category of people probably won't die before humanity disappears from the surface of this planet. So, my dream will never really come true, I think.
It's pretty close but we didn't reach total freedom yet. :Smile_Default:
So we should honor what we have today

Catarraz #8 Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:21 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 13287 battles
  • 928
  • Member since:
    05-05-2011

View PostKyphros, on 26 September 2012 - 09:42 PM, said:

You should know, my good sir, that this absolutely and completely depends on your very own definition of freedom. And this man probably doesn't have the same as yours.

Personally, I think we're not free yet. It's much better than what the world would have been as a 100% nazi one, but there are still lobbies and other groups of interest plotting in dark corners in order to serve their own interests, whether it is money, glory, power or pleasure. And these should disappear. We won't be free before all of these people stop to exist. Unfortunately, this category of people probably won't die before humanity disappears from the surface of this planet. So, my dream will never really come true, I think.
It's pretty close but we didn't reach total freedom yet. :Smile_Default:

Surely, but while we still can, we pass the message of how the world ought to really be, because that's the whole essence of a free world. None is perfect so lets do the best we can while we can. Because, lets face it, what's humanity without objectives? :Smile_Default:


I doubt Shortcake would be able to complain about the 5% industrialists and lobbyists that got rich with the war context if he lived under authoritarian rule. But that's known and told history.
(He probably wouldn't also complain if he happened to be part of those 5% so... :Smile-bajan2: )

Ew_ #9 Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:41 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 36922 battles
  • 3,392
  • [E-50M] E-50M
  • Member since:
    04-18-2011
I marathoned Band of Brothers , great series. Propaganda or not that twelve hour long movie split in ten episodes is awesome.

Edited by Ew_, 27 September 2012 - 12:42 AM.


Yag0 #10 Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:38 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 3168 battles
  • 3,420
  • Member since:
    04-24-2012

View PostKyphros, on 26 September 2012 - 09:42 PM, said:

You should know, my good sir, that this absolutely and completely depends on your very own definition of freedom. And this man probably doesn't have the same as yours.

Personally, I think we're not free yet. It's much better than what the world would have been as a 100% nazi one, but there are still lobbies and other groups of interest plotting in dark corners in order to serve their own interests, whether it is money, glory, power or pleasure. And these should disappear. We won't be free before all of these people stop to exist. Unfortunately, this category of people probably won't die before humanity disappears from the surface of this planet. So, my dream will never really come true, I think.
It's pretty close but we didn't reach total freedom yet. :Smile_Default:

Well the third world doesn't seem to do well as a result of wars .
Like now,the globe is in conflict over oil , would there such a shortage if people weren't so lazy ?
In the first world , many people think it is their right to drive their fat arse everywhere , five laps of the car park so they can park right next to the pie shop .
Then some years down the line , more energy to lipo suck the fat out of their arse , or need fire brigade to remove a wall andq crane them onto a truck to hospital .
The sense of entitlement of these type of people in the first world will bring the planet to it's knees IMHO .
May sound a little  crazy , but a government could increase taxes , or start wars and their electorate remain quiet , if a government was to introduce limits to the use of cars (only for work) , you what the rage and riots that would ensue .

the human race has become greedy , lazy and uncaring about fellow man and the future .


sorry that was a bit of a rant , oh and sorry for spelling , typos and punctuation , still using poxy IPad .

Kyphros #11 Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:02 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 14402 battles
  • 2,814
  • Member since:
    01-03-2012

View PostYag0, on 27 September 2012 - 11:38 AM, said:

Well the third world doesn't seem to do well as a result of wars .
Some of the third world countries put themselves in the sh*t they are right now, and it's not because of wars. Just look at all these people in northern africa who voted for the muslim brothers. Other countries gave them the freedom of choice, and they chose to not have it anymore. It's their own problem.

View PostYag0, on 27 September 2012 - 11:38 AM, said:

Like now,the globe is in conflict over oil , would there such a shortage if people weren't so lazy ?
This is not a case of laziness but of greed and interest groups such as the ones I described. Some oil giants signed contracts with car makers and such to prevent them from using different energy sources, or from making their engines too much better in terms of oil consumption. There is a giant net of isolated contracts, international conventions and such that prevents our world from changing our main energy source before it's completely used. Because it profits to some, and these people already have a certain power over us.
Also, most of the research that goes towards clean energies doesn't receive sufficient funds and/or scientific minds in order to complete them. There's, for example, carbon nanotubes batteries that were imagined (and I don't mean invented, just imagined) a certain time ago. A single coin-sized accumulator would have been enough to power a computer for 500 years, according to estimations at that time; but I didn't hear anything about these lately. Just like many other projects...

View PostYag0, on 27 September 2012 - 11:38 AM, said:

In the first world , many people think it is their right to drive their fat arse everywhere , five laps of the car park so they can park right next to the pie shop .
Then some years down the line , more energy to lipo suck the fat out of their arse , or need fire brigade to remove a wall andq crane them onto a truck to hospital .
The sense of entitlement of these type of people in the first world will bring the planet to it's knees IMHO .
This may sound weird but it looks like you don't like the USA. Amirite?

By the way, some other people in the third world feel entitled to have free healthcare and free food delivered by plane just because their country is less developed.
Then some years down the line, they take a plane to other countries and get fat doing nothing, screwing like rabbits in order to receive family allowances, or even dealing drugs, in some cases.
That sense of entitlement you are talking about is not reserved to "the first world". It belongs to the whole humanity. The end.

View PostYag0, on 27 September 2012 - 11:38 AM, said:

May sound a little  crazy , but a government could increase taxes , or start wars and their electorate remain quiet , if a government was to introduce limits to the use of cars (only for work) , you what the rage and riots that would ensue .
It depends on the degree of tolerance of the concerned people, and on the degree of proximity that these measures have with them.
If they are tired of tax increases, riots.
If there is a war with a neighbouring country for no reason, riots.
If the government tries to limit internet freedom, pacific manifestations and sometimes riots.

View PostYag0, on 27 September 2012 - 11:38 AM, said:

the human race has become greedy , lazy and uncaring about fellow man and the future .
The human race? No. But some elements of it are infected by this mentality up to their cores, like rotten apples macerating in a compost. Parts such as some wealthy bureaucrats, some military officials in third world countries (aka dictators), and some isolated people everywhere.

Edited by Kyphros, 27 September 2012 - 05:04 PM.


Yag0 #12 Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:35 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 3168 battles
  • 3,420
  • Member since:
    04-24-2012
Kyphros , I'll reply when I am at a PC , this IPad sh!t is unusable for me and fights against me typing out a detailed answer .
Sorry about that ,but hey , my PC is dead .

Kyphros #13 Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:58 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 14402 battles
  • 2,814
  • Member since:
    01-03-2012
No problem. :Smile_Default:




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users