• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

Pettingson #101 Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:21 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 9779 battles
  • [-SWE-] -SWE-

View PostOxmaster, on 06 October 2012 - 01:29 PM, said:

I'm using your NodesLib.swf and when I'm on tech tree I can't press RMB on any tank, module to see details.

View PostEw_, on 06 October 2012 - 01:46 PM, said:

Good point, i didnt notice that either.
Maybe one should change these things in techtree.swf , i noticed it has the nodestates actionscript as well. i get fifteen errors when compiling the nodeslib swf even after just decompiling it without changing anything, probably related to one of them.

View Postnepumax, on 06 October 2012 - 02:21 PM, said:

Yes, rightclick doesn't work.

@ Ew_: locastan suggested me using SWiX for editing a few SWF files.
You don't have to decompile and compile it again, you just edit one huge XML code and have full access to the action scripts!
And you can use another program for changing images as well.

Yeah..

Now, sometimes i let errors slip past since in most cases they work still in WoT. But since rightclick wasn't working i remembered what getTopMostEntity was (one of the errors in Flash)

It's a library from Autodesk called Scaleform, which i've managed to get from the UDK. The hard thing is to make the fla get that he can find the stuff he needs in the folder i got! But it doesn't seem to get it even if i add it to the internal classpaths T_T

Acording to this:
http://gameware.auto..._extensions.pdf
I have to add this as global for the Scaleform things to work. But i'm sadly not an expert on Flash, I mearly learn as i go.

"_global.gfxExtensions = true;"

These "extensions" is a sort of add-on for the regular Flash Mouse function. It adds features as rightclicks ect. So yeah, until i've managed to implement that in some way its meh..

EDIT: Anyone know russian? Could possibly ask this guy. He seem to have modded the NodesLib and i can rightclick in his version :o But he's stolen my lines too, can easiest be seen in the tree-shared.xml where he got my Nation specific horizontal functions xD

http://forum.worldof...__fromsearch__1

Not even a credit, hrmpf...

Sent him a message asking, hopefully he knows english D:

Ew_ #102 Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:01 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 37591 battles

View PostPettingson, on 07 October 2012 - 12:21 AM, said:

EDIT: Anyone know russian? Could possibly ask this guy. He seem to have modded the NodesLib and i can rightclick in his version :o But he's stolen my lines too, can easiest be seen in the tree-shared.xml where he got my Nation specific horizontal functions xD

http://forum.worldof...__fromsearch__1

Not even a credit, hrmpf...

Sent him a message asking, hopefully he knows english D:
lol, there is also some russian that copied my initial tech trees and moved the premium tanks up a notch, easily noticable by that its a copy posted a day after my thread. But mostly because of the exact same amount of pixels between everything. I wouldnt mind if they at least mentioned where they got the files/ideas from. Russians really are the trash of WoT.

Also im out of the game, even tho i got it working i could never work out the fonts issue.
Good luck Pettingson.

Edited by Ew_, 07 October 2012 - 02:33 AM.

Pettingson #103 Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:07 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 9779 battles
  • [-SWE-] -SWE-

View PostEw_, on 07 October 2012 - 02:01 AM, said:

lol, there is also some russian that copied my initial tech trees and moved the premium tanks up a notch, easily noticable by that its a copy posted a day after my thread. But mostly because of the exact same amount of pixels between everything. I wouldnt mind if they at least mentioned where they got the files/ideas from. Russians really are the trash of WoT.

Also im out of the game, even tho i got it working i could never work out the fonts issue.
Good luck Pettingson.

Oh yeah sorry bout that.. Forgot to say. I found a program called Action Script Viewer, that lets you save fonts from SWF's to TTF! So you can just install them as fonts in the computer. I can upload a file with the different fonts used. Here, from the file gfxfontlib

I really like the UniversalCondensed one. It's so tight between the letters :D

gfxfontlib.rar

And yeah, i mean. I gave him credit regarding the techtree.swf file i got from his mod T_T But since i've been working on one of my own that has working scrolling with the mouse scroll, i'll soon remove that so. I spent a whole day(and a half) understanding each and every corner of those xml files xD

You got rid of all the errors? I hate how Scaleform complicates the WoT modding T_T

Edited by Pettingson, 07 October 2012 - 03:10 AM.

Pettingson #104 Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:25 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 9779 battles
  • [-SWE-] -SWE-
Okey, so i qoute:

"NodesLib.swf edited using the program Swix (http://www.swixkit.com/). With the Swix removed components code that I interfered in the processing of the file. In Trilix edit graphic file components (backgrounds and icons). Itself structure entire file has not changed."

Editing images with Trillix did indeed work without any complications:

Posted Image

It seems he had gone with the easy way heh. I'm an expert at trying to get things work the hardest way possible xD I guess cuz i want the best results :(

Ew_ #105 Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 37591 battles

View PostPettingson, on 07 October 2012 - 04:25 PM, said:

Okey, so i qoute:

"NodesLib.swf edited using the program Swix (http://www.swixkit.com/). With the Swix removed components code that I interfered in the processing of the file. In Trilix edit graphic file components (backgrounds and icons). Itself structure entire file has not changed."

Editing images with Trillix did indeed work without any complications:

Posted Image

It seems he had gone with the easy way heh. I'm an expert at trying to get things work the hardest way possible xD I guess cuz i want the best results :(
Heh yeah the original way is the easiest tho. But figuring out all components WG used is the hard part. Once you have re-created their developing tools it is easier and gives a better result :). Indeed atm scaleform is the troublesome part. Altho i cant use swix since its not compatible with my brain :(.

Pettingson #106 Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:58 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 9779 battles
  • [-SWE-] -SWE-

View PostEw_, on 07 October 2012 - 04:38 PM, said:

Heh yeah the original way is the easiest tho. But figuring out all components WG used is the hard part. Once you have re-created their developing tools it is easier and gives a better result :). Indeed atm scaleform is the troublesome part. Altho i cant use swix since its not compatible with my brain :(.

Yeah. Damn you autodesk! xD

But you can help with ideas :o I used SWiX and moved the unlock with experience button to try it out:

Posted Image

cjo1964 #107 Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 8797 battles
  • [PXS] PXS
I hate the new tech tree.
Its harder to follow, whereas the older one was easy to navigate.
Anyone else find it a pain ???

Ew_ #108 Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:21 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 37591 battles

View PostPettingson, on 07 October 2012 - 04:58 PM, said:

Yeah. Damn you autodesk! xD

But you can help with ideas :o I used SWiX and moved the unlock with experience button to try it out:

Posted Image
Well the ideas are already out arnt they? I shall try to list them!
1. removed background and scroll bar
2. change the colors of the icons, bright for researched, dimmed for unresearched and dark for not researchable.
3. dimm out the research button if you lack exp a bit more, maybe change it to more red'ish color
3.1. make it so its not green until exp is enough from tank only (not counting free exp). Some mid step orange color scheme for that.
4. remove the Buy tank icons and text, make it so they only appear on mouseover. (the highlight part of them as well)
5. bring back the missing exp part

what more was there?

well on 3.1, maybe it should say how much free exp it would use too.

Edited by Ew_, 07 October 2012 - 06:01 PM.

hjc00123 #109 Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 459 battles
  • [TTC] TTC
the new tech tress are more compact i must admit there dont tell you how much xp or credits or research points
they say you dont have enough it annoying not knowing how much you need

Goozo #110 Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:37 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11586 battles
can you convert a techtree into a lower resolution ?

Black_Rod #111 Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:39 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 28832 battles
just noticed that on Sowjet tree Tetrach tier 2 light premium tank is missing..
and on German tree PzKpfw 38H735 (f) tier 2 light premium tank ("minimouse") is also missing..
..besides that: great stuff, good work..   .. I love it

realised it could be cse u cant buy those tanks ingame, so..  never mind..  :Smile_blinky:

Ew_ #112 Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:55 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 37591 battles

View PostGoozo, on 09 October 2012 - 04:37 AM, said:

can you convert a techtree into a lower resolution ?
Take the non premium one, check out Pettingtons vertical tree. etc.

vasco22 #113 Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:59 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles
Ew_ do you have any plan on updating this mod?
Because i (and probably many other tankers) finds compact horizontal tech tree is better looking than the old vertical one, hopefully you'll continue this project :Smile_Default:

man1aq_ #114 Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:27 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20808 battles
  • [AZP] AZP
I'd like to join this question. Can we expect an update of this great mod when brits arrive?

Goozo #115 Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11586 battles

View PostEw_, on 09 October 2012 - 09:55 AM, said:

Take the non premium one, check out Pettingtons vertical tree. etc.
it works good, ty

Ew_ #116 Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:29 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 37591 battles

View Postman1aq_, on 11 October 2012 - 08:27 AM, said:

I'd like to join this question. Can we expect an update of this great mod when brits arrive?
Naturally i will update it with new tanks, however for swf updates, such as button functions, icon functions and such i have to rely on others that know how to program/edit the current code. I only know adobe flash but i couldnt get Scaleform to work so stuff like rightclick etc dissapears when compiling due to lack of. Well thats the thing, i dont know how to include it.

For now i will just leave it as is.

Edited by Ew_, 11 October 2012 - 11:33 PM.

Ew_ #117 Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:11 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 37591 battles
Well i did the initial stuffs for 0.8.1, added all new tanks and changed some minor things, did a minor change on the russian tree that i personally dislike, will change back when 0.8.1 hits live or surround the SU14 with premiums?. i did it before i moved up all premiums one row to save some space, then USA came with three premiums in same tier.. The russian SPG line;

Posted Image

Edited by Ew_, 13 October 2012 - 01:11 PM.

custardSPARTA #118 Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39019 battles
  • [SPRT] SPRT
Good work bud +1

Shade1982 #119 Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:42 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20582 battles
This looks brilliant, good work!

Ew_ #120 Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:53 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 37591 battles
Well SWiX is broken for me, when i finally wrapped my head around it :(.
So i went back on the adobe flash track and managed to implement the scaleform API, but other errors occur, probably due to the decompilation itself or some other component missing. I would guess the scaleform IME. Only errors left to solve ;

Posted Image

Maybe i have the wrong version of scaleform SDK. hm.

Edited by Ew_, 21 October 2012 - 07:02 PM.

Also tagged with compact, tech, tree, techtree, mod, 0.8.3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users