Adjusting Graphics

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
87 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:57 AM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
Version 8.0 brings new graphical rendering to World of Tanks.  Learn how to adjust the settings to suit your computer in this article.

Full news text

Steffenximus #2 Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:10 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 10917 battles
Everyone should turn Extra effects in sniper mode Off. It substantially increases the FPS and you can target/fire much more clearly.

Yes, devs should definitely do something about this.

Pernumbra #3 Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:12 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 4676 battles
It would have been so much easier to follow if the numbering went in order...

Could you explain and/or link to the "temporary solution" to the "known issue with anti-aliasing"?

PS.

0.8.0 - just check your game client version....

galatt #4 Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:15 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 21644 battles

View PostSteffenximus, on 01 October 2012 - 11:10 AM, said:

Everyone should turn Extra effects in sniper mode Off. It substantially increases the FPS and you can target/fire much more clearly.

Yes, devs should definitely do something about this.

They're working on it.

Extra Effects in Sniper Mode:  This option affects the display of smoke, dust, flame etc. in sniper mode.  The developers are aware of an issue where performance drops in sniper mode.  Set this option to minimum to reduce the effect of the problem.  The developers are currently working on a full solution for this issue and a fix will be released in a future update

Tankenstein #5 Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:17 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 62014 battles
  • [DSQ] DSQ
Hello i would like to point for problems with South Coast map FPS drop.

I have opened topic with poll so people can state if they have or not have problems with that map...

http://forum.worldof...t-map-fps-drop/

Cheers

Edited by Tankenstein, 01 October 2012 - 11:17 AM.

Argh_FFS_73 #6 Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:20 AM

Private

• Player
  • 0 battles
It would be nice for me to be actually able to play WOT, ever since the upgrade I have been unable to do one battle with it crashing to desktop as soon as I clicked on the Battle Button. I've tried everything reinstalled,lowered graphics detail to low, switched to standard instead of improved.

I have an Intel I5 3.1Ghz
16 Gig Ram
1Gig Radeon HD6970 Video Card

Played 7.5 with everthing on max.

Just glad I didn't renew my Prem account this month.

Not impressed.

WoTDaFoCh #7 Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:23 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 22796 battles
Clan badges are now transparent and loss of true color in "improved" graphics selection,when in standard mode they look perfect...what is with that ??,my cross looks orange in improved graphics mode,in standard it is perfect color !

Edited by 3nglish, 01 October 2012 - 11:24 AM.

DaMP13R #8 Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:26 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 36592 battles
The new graphics are nice, but what im wondering is why WG cannot simply give us the option to have the OLD graphics BUT with the maximum settings we have... if we don't want the new graphics then why must we have to use standard which is very low and look at water that looks like frozen ice or land that was smudged with a paint brush, I understand its for lower end computers, but some of us have computers that play the new graphics at max however just like the old graphic setup.

how hard can that be?? :Smile_Default:

BIGDOG3 #9 Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:27 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 16434 battles
You have two options atm either blurry bright and to colorful or edgy textures. The only way atm is to turn off advanced post processing and anti aliasing but that makes the tanks extremly edgy. Option N:1 might be good on full HD with min 1900 resolutions but on a standart LCD monitor 1680x1050 or lower its terrible and may cause problems to people with sensetive eyesight.Average play time with those things turned on is 30 min before eyes start to hurt. My sugestion is add seperate option to turn of bloom and adjust textures details on the tanks.

raziekaine #10 Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:28 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
the anti aliasing is just attrocious. for the love of god please fox it.

Typowy_Dziad #11 Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:33 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29291 battles
Ive missed that kind of description. Still i think that it should be adde some just simple info.

Something like that:

Lighting Quality: (GPU)  In the new renders, lighting is calculated in much greater detail.  This makes for much more realistic and picturesque maps, with deeper landscapes.  There are transitions between the light and dark parts that you see and this setting adjusts the level at which that occurs.  If you have a low-end video adaptor, we advise that you turn this setting to minimum quality, or turn it off completely.  This setting is only available when using the new renders.
    Shadow Quality: (CPU+GPU) Shadows have been completely reworked in the new renders, and their display now matches the read scale of the object and its position relative to the source of light.  Shadows are fully dynamic – if a tree shakes, the shadows echo the action; if a pole falls, the shadow will fall with it.  All this requires processing and can drain a lot from overall system performance.  If you have any concerns about computer power and resources, then keep this option set to low.  This setting is only available when using the new renders.
    Water Quality: (GPU) Water display has been improved and new effects have been added, such as splashes, mirroring and impact circles.  This feature is primarily handled by the video adaptor, so lowering the quality will improve performance.  This setting is only available when using the new renders.
    Decals Quality: (RAM) This setting is responsible for the level of detail that you see, such as mud tracks, fallen leaves and heaped earth.  The more small details you want to see in the game, the more computer memory is required.  This means that the amount of memory you have is instrumental for this setting.  Users of low end computers are recommended to set this option to low, or completely disable it. This setting is only available when using the new renders.
    Texture Quality: (GPU+CPU+RAM) This sets the amount of detail you see on all surfaces in the game, both on vehicles and on the landscape.  This can also take its toll on computer memory, so for older computers, we advise you set it to low.  This option is available in both the new and old renders.
    Foliage Quality: (GPU and vRAM on it) On the maps which were reworked in Version 8.0, the trees were revised and optimised.  On the other maps, this work in in progress and will be released in future updates.  This setting is affected by video driver performance and the size of the video memory, so reduce it on lower-spec machines.  The highest level of quality is only available with the new renders.
    Flora Quality: (All?) This option is responsible for the detail of grass and low bushes, those too small to hide a vehicle in.  It is dependent on video adaptor performance and memory.  This setting is only available when using the new renders.  Please be aware that this option is still undergoing optimisation.
    Extra Effects: (GPU+CPU) This includes the display of smoke, dust, sparks, flames, explosions and so on.  All of these objects depend on both video adaptor and CPU, and so we recommend that you set it to the lowest level possible unless you have a powerful computer.  This option is available in both the old and new renders.
    Extra Effects in Sniper Mode: (All?) This option affects the display of smoke, dust, flame etc. in sniper mode.  The developers are aware of an issue where performance drops in sniper mode.  Set this option to minimum to reduce the effect of the problem.  The developers are currently working on a full solution for this issue and a fix will be released in a future update.
    Post Processing: (GPU+RAM) This affects different graphical effects such as fog and bloom.  This option is reliant on video adaptor performance and memory.  On lower end PCs, we recommend it is set to minimum or turned off completely.  This setting is only available when using the new renders.
    Draw Distance: (All?) This option sets how far into the battlefield is displayed.  This option depends on overall system performance, so users of less powerful PCs are advised to set it to ‘Medium’ or ‘Low’.  This option is available with both old and new renders.
    Object LOD: (All?) This option determines the number of details in the environment.  It is dependent on video adaptor performance and memory.  On older PCs, we strongly advise you to set it to @medium’ or ‘Low.  The option is available with both old and new renders.

Remember thas is just my predictions. Devs should give us that kind of info, because they know witch option is using witch piece of our PC's.

Regards and sorry for language mistakes.

TheGreyPilgrim #12 Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:38 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 34667 battles
Why do u have fog and bloom controlled by post processing.  These should be separated.  So I individually adjust the amount of fog and bloom that I want.  At the moment I've got post processing completely swithched off because its way too bright (almost like too much gamma).  This means that I wont experience the fog either.  Please have separate these two.

Stieger11 #13 Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:41 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 28142 battles
Flora Quality:  This option is responsible for the detail of grass and low bushes, those too small to hide a vehicle in.  It is dependent on video adaptor performance and memory.  This setting is only available when using the new renders.  Please be aware that this option is still undergoing optimisation.

So that's why I get BSOD right after I turn even on 'Low' this option?

flooodi #14 Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:51 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 11184 battles
  • [T-BAD] T-BAD

Draw Distance:  This option sets how far into the battlefield is displayed.  This option depends on overall system performance, so users of less powerful PCs are advised to set it to ‘Medium’ or ‘Low’.  This option is available with both old and new renders.

well, you cant play higher than tier5 with 'medium' or 'low' draw distance, you can't see the enemy but the enemy can see u :Smile_ohmy:
Good Luck with that!

MataPollos #15 Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:53 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 16867 battles
we can have a BASIC graphical settings and ADVANCED settings with more specific and detailed controls to tune?

isnt to hard i think...

this way all people will be happy :Smile_Default:

deathlove #16 Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:53 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 26212 battles
  • [REALM] REALM
NOPE...even on MAX LOW setting the game is still unplayable...lags very low fps etc...in 7.5 its run smoothly (in same low setup)..now? no chance (for me at least) :Smile_confused:

pawwilon #17 Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:56 AM

Private

• Player
  • 17091 battles
Dear WG,
How to get rid of FXAA in favor of MSAA??
I can't get it working...
With adaptive v-sync I don't need those 90 frames, 60 is enough.

As for the flora:
Please, make it less dense on max, but full-scale!
I have a gtx 570 with i7 @ 4.5ghz and I wanna stress the Sh*t out of both the game and my PC.

Same with Draw Distance - Please make an option called 'Global'
Lastly, I have noticed that the model and shadow LOD jumps are very visible on max settings, they happen ~50 metres from the tank, and they can hurt eyes on grassy and treey (- if thats a word :)) maps.

casusbelli15 #18 Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 94936 battles
At the point of firing or being fired upon a lot of players including myself are experiencing 3-5s of lag  especially in close proximity to enemy tanks making the game pretty unplayable right now....
How do users go about remeding this?

Edited by casusbelli15, 01 October 2012 - 12:03 PM.

Zelfana #19 Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15449 battles
  • [PAVA] PAVA
How do I into improved? I don't have the option to switch from standard to improved. My game can't run even one match without crashing with the "old" renderer when I had no problems in 7.5. You changed the old renderer, too, and that broke it. Should have kept it as is for a fallback. I don't care how my game looks like if it would at least run without crashing.

Frenzier #20 Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 55412 battles
  • [GOP] GOP
I have problems with improved graphics in highway and south coast, all other maps works perfectly fine with everything maxed, i have an HD 7850

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users