Lorraine 40t: Suitable Tier9 Medium? [Poll]

Lorraine 40t; Lor balancing rebalancing

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
134 replies to this topic

Poll: Lorraine 40t: Suitable Tier9 Medium? (600 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

What is your opinion about the current Tier9 Medium Tank - Lorraine 40t? (8.0)

1. It's fine as it is. (101 votes [16.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.83%

2. It is in need of a serious overhaul. (211 votes [35.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.17%

3. It currently is an utter failure. (288 votes [48.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 48.00%

Vote Hide poll

kikox #121 Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17378 battles
They could reduce its size to the historical correct size. That was probably one of the things about that really made it a nice target for everyone. Speed is good, burst damage is good but the aim time and size is bad.

voidwyrm #122 Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:52 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 52365 battles
If you have it: Just sell it.
If you want it: Dont buy it.

I dont know what stuff they smoked, when they nerfed it and put it into tier 9, but unless you have that stuff handy too,
playing that tank is just pure pain.

jukmattu #123 Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:11 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22362 battles
  • [WA-RA] WA-RA
Comparing my stats:

t-54, win percent 52,5, average damage 1390, destroyed 0,99/game, spotted 1,81/4,61
lorraine win percent 48, average damage 1735, destroyed 1,17/game, spotted 1,37/3,54

If we look stats, lorraine's win percent should be better. Only spotting is worse due to different playstyle.

On the other words, this is bad luck tank for me and i have noticed it. MM is quite hard....

STARSBarry #124 Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:52 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 8048 battles
  • [GAAAH] GAAAH
no this tank is broken, it needs to be removed and replaced with something better and fully upgraded version put in as a tier 8 premium, it is that bad.

it has no advantage worth having over any other tank only negatives this is especially apparent at tier 9, you either die in the first 3 mins or you are useless for most of the round by being a "kill stealing noob"

voted for utter failure since thats what this tank is, you can say oh learn 2 play all you like, but no I wont, since even if you master this tank you are only going to be a average player at best compared to any other tier 9

PSIHOPAT #125 Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:53 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24832 battles
  • [C-D-L] C-D-L
I actually enjoy Lorraine.

Is more than competent to be a real pain for the enemies due to his gun who can pen even tier X heavies from the front and preaty good speed and maneouverability.

His size is not so much of problem if you know to choose locations and not stay in the open like idiot to unlad your clip.

Lorraine excel at supporting tanks for advance or help flanks when are about to crumble.

His cammo is amazing for his size when is maxed,and sixth sense make hell of allot of difference.

This tank should avoid close combat at any cost because will draw attention against him and die in sec, + he cant lower the gun much and can have problems against low profile tank.

Learn to play it and you will be amazed by his potential.

I personally love it as i told and many fools who think OHOO!!!!  THERE IS AN EASY PREY and come olololo at me  end  as a pile of scrap metal.

Short :
use your brain to fight from good locations and leave alone ololo tactics
use your agility to outmaneouver others
use your cammo / enemies cant see you even from 50m if you stand still....shoot..fall back and when he detect you you are already in cover / repet.
you have the speed to switch flanks and help others in critical situations
preserve your life as much as possible for the final show / when all are beaten and few tanks left,they are preaty damaged and you can take them all with your autoloader and your precious hp preserved

dont be greedy / play smart and should be fine...

AsyxA #126 Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:13 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 15460 battles

View PostPSIHOPAT, on 17 July 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

I actually enjoy Lorraine.
I personally love it as i told and many fools who think OHOO!!!!  THERE IS AN EASY PREY and come olololo at me  end  as a pile of scrap metal.

Well, that is something I very rarely get to read in relation to this tank. You are one of the lucky few who don't have to force themselves to grind through it then. :)
If you like the Lor. 40t and think it is competitive to other T9 Mediums, I am quite interested in how you personally compare it to similar tanks, like the AMX 50 100, which is quite similar.
Do you have a similar opinion about that tank and does the Lorry have a valid reason to exist ("raison d'etre") in your opinion, although being very similar to that T8 heavy?

View PostPSIHOPAT, on 17 July 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

His size is not so much of problem if you know to choose locations and not stay in the open like idiot to unlad your clip.
His cammo is amazing for his size when is maxed,and sixth sense make hell of allot of difference.

That one made me laugh. No offence, but I seriously had to laugh.

I was inactive for quite some time, but as long as the camo-value did not got a serious buff lately, the Lor. 40t has camo-capabilites comparable to the german E-50, Tiger or udssr kv-3.
To put drastically, pretty much nonexistant. That also means skilling in camo has very little effect and there is nothing that can be done by players to ever get it to a decent level.

Of course it is possible to play stealthily with it and it does not have one of the worst camo-values in the game, but it is one of the most awful shortcomings of this tank and is just pretty bad.

PSIHOPAT #127 Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24832 battles
  • [C-D-L] C-D-L
It is true Lorraine have very bad cammo WITHOUT any cammo skill,but once cammo is maxed,painted and with sixth sense things change dramatically.
The difference is like from earth to the stars.

About comparing Lorraine with amx 50 100...mmm .. there are some soft stats difference like agility,accuracy on the move...things like that...

The key is as i told to not play Lorraine in the first part of the game as a med / just use his mobility/speed to get in good positions supporting your team from the distance.as a weapon platform,than...later when gaps appear begin to be aggressive BUT you must know every other tank location on the map .

surprise and mobility with phenomenal firepower are deadly son.

Who do bad in Lorraine will be terrible in batchat because there ,big guys will kick your ass in a split sec.

Learn to be oportunistic,to not trade shoots,to surprise  and decive,to know when to stay hidden and must go out,to be aware of enemies positions and never be cought off guard,to know when you can win or not,to know when to retreat or push....

LEARN  those things and you will love it.

Continue ololo '''strategy'' and you will die in the first minute in batchat like in lorraine like 80% do.

Lorraine is a lady / be gentle with it and will reward you

Edited by PSIHOPAT, 18 July 2013 - 11:19 PM.

Dotore21 #128 Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:55 AM

Private

• Player
  • 37221 battles
This is 15 tonnes heavier than bat chat 25t, and somehow has less armor ( 40 compared to 60 frontal). Why? his radio weights 7 tonnes more? His fuel tank is filled with rocks? All that weight is not justified by its armor, i got penned frontally from leopard ( the small one )
Its just stupid to play against tier X with tier VIII gun and tier II - III  armor.
WG please dont buff it, so we spend our money converting XP and skipping this piece of ....

haplo34 #129 Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:03 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17221 battles
Stop crying, ok it's clearly not the best T9 but it's fine, you can deal with it until you get the batman...

If you aim properly you can pen almost everything. The thing is, you can't play it like the AMX 13 90 and I think people fail with this tank because they do so. In the first part of a game, you have to put yourself in a safe spot when you can snipe a bit and in mid/late game you can start to flank or do all kind of strategic move to make your team win.

But I have an advice, don't buy it if you can't already unlock the 2nd gun.

Groumph #130 Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:53 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10639 battles
  • [OOPS] OOPS

View Postjukmattu, on 10 July 2013 - 08:11 PM, said:

Comparing my stats:

t-54, win percent 52,5, average damage 1390, destroyed 0,99/game, spotted 1,81/4,61
lorraine win percent 48, average damage 1735, destroyed 1,17/game, spotted 1,37/3,54

If we look stats, lorraine's win percent should be better. Only spotting is worse due to different playstyle.

On the other words, this is bad luck tank for me and i have noticed it. MM is quite hard....

Pretty much the same for me.

I perform not  too bad (regulary top 3 damage dealer in team), liking it (but not fond of) but can't go out 49% win rate.
A conspiracy to convert XP with Gold?...sometimes after several brain dead team i believe it!  :trollface:

CoolAutumnRain #131 Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:35 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 15637 battles
  • [JELLY] JELLY

View PostPSIHOPAT, on 18 July 2013 - 11:08 PM, said:

The key is as i told to not play Lorraine in the first part of the game as a med / just use his mobility/speed to get in good positions supporting your team from the distance.as a weapon platform,than...later when gaps appear begin to be aggressive BUT you must know every other tank location on the map .
surprise and mobility with phenomenal firepower are deadly son.
Who do bad in Lorraine will be terrible in batchat because there ,big guys will kick your ass in a split sec.
Learn to be oportunistic,to not trade shoots,to surprise and decive,to know when to stay hidden and must go out,to be aware of enemies positions and never be cought off guard,to know when you can win or not,to know when to retreat or push....
LEARN those things and you will love it.
Continue ololo '''strategy'' and you will die in the first minute in batchat like in lorraine like 80% do.
Lorraine is a lady / be gentle with it and will reward you
This is exactly my impression after my first couple of games aswell. There is no successful way of being aggressive with the lorraine at the start of a game. Haven't got 6th yet either - which makes it a tad more complicated.
I must say i enjoy the lorry way more then i expected. I like it more then the M46 for instance (albeit i was crap back when i played it). Granted, i got oneshot by arty yesterday, but it was due to me having horrible positioning and not moving at all inbetween shots. The Lorry kicks like a mule (when you do it right that is)!
Edit: Just remembered why i came to this thread, anyone else skipping the 2nd engine? Seems like such a minor improvement, and it is almost 20% of the total XP needed.

Edited by latexponi, 30 July 2013 - 07:37 AM.

Phash #132 Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:16 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 23703 battles
if you know, how to play with this bus, you can have some serius fun :)
just take another autoloader with you into a platoon and get on the road!
steamroll enemies but always be careful

but playing the lorraine was a kick in my stats' nuts... the 60 day wn7 fell down like nothing - just for playing only lorraine :(

Edited by Phash, 01 August 2013 - 09:17 AM.

IchiFi #133 Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:39 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20398 battles
Server stat's show it as the worst Tier 9 along with is-8.

It wasn't uptier'd correctly.

RePlayBoy101 #134 Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:35 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21614 battles
if its stuck well ... just sell it and buy a t6

IchiFi #135 Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:20 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20398 battles
Can't Doing the 200k grind in 5 days to get the Batchat.
Plus I already rage sold it once...
Posted Image
Still only 125k in, another 75k to go.

Edited by IchiFi, 04 August 2013 - 01:25 AM.

Also tagged with Lorraine, 40t;, Lor, balancing, rebalancing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users