English in chat?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

minosvaidis #1 Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:56 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20012 battles
Heya,
Our European server has a huge polish people community. Doesn't matter whether you like them or not they are one of the reasons why this server is so big. But i keep wondering why do polish people only say hello to other polish people, but never to everyone else? In every single battle you can read: kto pl? witam, cz (w/e that means) and so on and so on..
This is a phenomenon that makes me scratch my head thinking: Why?
Currently we have no way of seperating chat's into different tabs like PM or for certain languages, so it gets annoying sometimes.

I am not spreading any haterid or dissatisfaction here, just trying to find out something i don't understand. No trolling replies please.

eriFlleH #2 Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3208 battles
  • [-6TH-] -6TH-
I tend to just block most of chat out, well only really take notice if a user talks to me or i'm in a platoon.

Sgt_Mx #3 Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:05 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 18338 battles
My english isn't very good but i am from Poland and I usually use english in chat (but i use Polish 4 platoons cause it's faster).
I can say that same when someone is using german or any other language instead of english.. can't understand them but trying to play without ragemode about this.

Abusemtex #4 Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:21 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25915 battles
  • [-RED-] -RED-
Allmost everone on EU server uses english in chat - except players from eastern europe.
I have no idea why especially polish players cannot stick to the EULA?!

The only positive side effect is, if you read "witam, siemka, pozz, kto PL?, kurwa" from enemy team  - you will most definitelly win.

Wistblade #5 Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:23 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24777 battles
  • [DWDP] DWDP
Hehe Polish, Polish everywhere. If you have problem with this, speak with your language. Many of Polish player know english and i think many of other  (german, french, russian etc.) This is multilanguages (multi-national) server, we can write in our native lanuage and you can that if you like.
I can`t see problem.

I've noticed, a lot of people in the world has any personal or collective problem to the poles. I`m right or not ?

Abusemtex #6 Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:41 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25915 battles
  • [-RED-] -RED-

View PostWistblade, on 10 October 2012 - 01:23 PM, said:

I've noticed, a lot of people in the world has any personal or collective problem to the poles. I`m right or not ?

No room for racism - its a fact, that on EU-Server you see a lot of people from PL/CZ who cannot adapt to the EULA where english is obligatory in company and recommended in public chat. It's simple as that.
Even if you have problems using english it is simply very impolite to exclude all people who cannot speak polish or whatever from a team based game where communication can make the difference between win or lose.

Pope_John_Paul_2 #7 Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23848 battles
if you don't like polish players so much you can transfer your account to other serwer, no one force you to play with polish players.

Abusemtex #8 Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:30 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25915 battles
  • [-RED-] -RED-

View Postcyganos, on 10 October 2012 - 09:07 PM, said:

if you don't like polish players so much you can transfer your account to other serwer, no one force you to play with polish players.

Please, if you have no idea - stop writing BS.

You cannot transfer accounts.
Why should I, as a person using english in chat only, switch to RU-Server (russian chat) or US-Server (~10k miles away)?
If you cannot stick to the EU-server rules - you should think about playing something else or somewhere else.

Pope_John_Paul_2 #9 Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23848 battles
maybe you should read wot tank games rules more carefully

section 7.02. In Game Battles: The preferred language is English, Non English is tolerated. Please be tolerant of those that have difficulty speaking English.
so be tolerant or get lost!

Abusemtex #10 Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:05 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25915 battles
  • [-RED-] -RED-
Funny thing is - tolerance goes into both directions. Maybe you should tolerate, that approximatelly 90% of all EU-WoT players cannot understand polish or czech whereas 80% of all PL or CZ players can speak english good enough to use it in chat.

Most of all players can stick to the preferred language - even the french guys.

k_bax032 #11 Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:14 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 66046 battles
  • [NE_XT] NE_XT

View PostSgt_Mx, on 10 October 2012 - 01:05 PM, said:

My english isn't very good but i am from Poland and I usually use english in chat (but i use Polish 4 platoons cause it's faster).
I can say that same when someone is using german or any other language instead of english.. can't understand them but trying to play without ragemode about this.

Same for me ... I always speak English even if it is not very good.

And You should take into consideration fact that many polish players in game are children that can not speak english very well ...

And I have to say that polish players are so many that You notice only their 'wrong' behaviour ... and it is not fair because I encountered german, french italian and others that speaks in their language ( I even told them to speak English with f.ck U response ) ... and have to say I never seen polish people whine about other nations using their language in game ...

Edited by k_bax032, 11 October 2012 - 03:15 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users