Jump to content


Public Test of version 8.1


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
239 replies to this topic

stefan2010 #221 Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 55 battles
  • 30
  • Member since:
    08-27-2012

View Postsupercharge, on 17 October 2012 - 02:07 PM, said:

The first round of 8.1 public test ends today
its over now? i can't login
and any news about test 2 ?

Milgram #222 Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 19097 battles
  • 19
  • [OPS] OPS
  • Member since:
    04-11-2011
dafuq is this?! gold ammo for credits?! Unistallinng game at 8.1

15JG52Robi #223 Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:02 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 20533 battles
  • 74
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    10-30-2011
I wish to know if there are any thoughts from the community regarding the British tanks.
I have tried the 8.1 and British tanks are nothing special, they do not introduce anything new in the game. They are not the fastest, nor best armed, nor best armoured. T10 heavy has turet in the back which is a major fault for CW IMHO. Their guns are average, speed is averege, armor is average. Only the guns on low tiers are better (T1 tank with T3 gun and T3 tank with T5 gun). But after T7 tanks they are bland, no new flavour in the game.
Since every nation has its "specialties" for example French have autocannons and high speed, Germans have high armour(which doesn't help them much) and sniping guns, USA have excellent armour with very good speed etc.--the brits don't have any distinguishing characteristic like the other nations.
You cannot say "The brits are best armoured!" or "they have te best guns!" or anything similar...they are just average across the board and I really do not see why would players research and buy these tanks since they do not introduce new blood into the game.
Any thoughts on this?

SideSwipeV #224 Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:52 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 896 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    10-02-2012
What is it?  "Server Error (NO_LOGINAPP)"  :Smile_confused:

Orlund #225 Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:46 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 8573 battles
  • 889
  • Member since:
    09-30-2010

View Post15JG52Robi, on 17 October 2012 - 06:02 PM, said:


You cannot say "The brits are best armoured!" or "they have te best guns!" or anything similar...they are just average across the board and I really do not see why would players research and buy these tanks since they do not introduce new blood into the game.
Any thoughts on this?

Neither has germany. And no the armor sure as hell isn't the best. and the guns are not that accurate, and they have meh penetration / ROF

rodier #226 Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:53 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Banned
  • 8636 battles
  • 631
  • Member since:
    01-28-2011
no loginapp error too  seems they shut down server

Panzerfahrer_Jaguar2 #227 Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:57 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 8327 battles
  • 585
  • Member since:
    08-14-2011

View PostOrlund, on 17 October 2012 - 09:46 PM, said:

Neither has germany. And no the armor sure as hell isn't the best. and the guns are not that accurate, and they have meh penetration / ROF

Most HP.

I played the TX Heavy on the TestServer. Well the armor isnt that good. But the gun is excellant, great pen/rof/aiming time/acc....+ 2600 HP + good agility. So summa summarum i like the tank :)

Biotrooper101 #228 Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:50 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 21672 battles
  • 35
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

View Postwebstr_cz, on 14 October 2012 - 01:44 PM, said:

Why did you do this:
‘Prokhorovka’ Assault map removed'I
I loved that mode on that map - it was good mod for artys, US tanks and fast meds / scouts. And other tanks could also do well if they were well driven.
Result of battle on this map was (as on EVERY OTHER map) determined by your team - so i see no reason to remove this mod & map.

View PostKainti, on 14 October 2012 - 06:15 PM, said:

Probably statistical data showed that certain side have significantly higher winrate, which proved that the map is unbalanced..
The hill climb was murder in a T95 as it took seven of the ten minutes just to get to the enemy base if you do not stop to shoot at anyone and that is without any cover from artillery, only bushes most of the time.

Edited by Biotrooper101, 18 October 2012 - 12:58 AM.


Biotrooper101 #229 Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:58 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 21672 battles
  • 35
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

View Postvertho, on 17 October 2012 - 09:57 PM, said:

Most HP.

I played the TX Heavy on the TestServer. Well the armor isnt that good. But the gun is excellant, great pen/rof/aiming time/acc....+ 2600 HP + good agility. So summa summarum i like the tank :)

Lets see what they come up with in test 2, the US TIer 10 meds and heavies also started with 7.5 rounds per minute in test server until a hard nerf had the Patton III have a 6.8 Rounds per minute and the T110E5 dropped to 6 Rounds per minute.

Orlund #230 Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:36 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 8573 battles
  • 889
  • Member since:
    09-30-2010
@ vertho


Sure but high hp is a small advantage when you look at the 128mm versus 120mm US / UK / FR and 122/130mm USSR and then we have the 150mm gun on E100 which is hopeless against other tier 10 tanks.

Plus since high pene guns were added to WOT german "armor" is a joke

SchwerePanzer #231 Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:37 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 11068 battles
  • 1,229
  • Member since:
    01-28-2011
About the British being special....with so little options (gun, armor, mobility) you can't make every techtree unique like the French. If the British get the underdog role like most of the German tanks they will become tanks for those who really like tanking. Not easy mode RU style players or trolling ping pong players with Bat Chat or AMX.
Under these conditions the Brits will really be a nice addition to the game.

WiliamDrake #232 Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:19 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Clan Commander
  • 21487 battles
  • 491
  • [PTS] PTS
  • Member since:
    08-10-2010
I guess there will be test2 today evening.

kellso #233 Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:33 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 3823 battles
  • 289
  • Member since:
    06-18-2011

View PostLuk4as, on 18 October 2012 - 07:19 AM, said:

I guess there will be test2 today evening.
How do you know that?

Shireknight #234 Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:35 AM

    Player

  • Veteran
  • 13946 battles
  • 1,551
  • [TELOS] TELOS
  • Member since:
    10-04-2010
Aw crap I've waited all week and was going to do some testing today on my day off and the test has ended gah!

Can someone tell me please can you buy gold ammo with credits in the depot and stockpile it or can you only buy it from the tank resupply screen?

it_is_i_leclerc #235 Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:11 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 25224 battles
  • 60
  • [_MAP_] _MAP_
  • Member since:
    07-28-2010
I hope that the skirt armor the Pz4S has will be put on the non premium pz4 also. That way WG will have a historicly accurate Pz4H.

TonyWil #236 Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:42 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 27317 battles
  • 365
  • Member since:
    06-12-2011

View PostShireknight, on 18 October 2012 - 07:35 AM, said:

Can someone tell me please can you buy gold ammo with credits in the depot and stockpile it or can you only buy it from the tank resupply screen?
I heard that you could buy it from the store. You might find a more detailed answer in this bug report [link]
EDIT: Now that test2 is online, I can confirm that you can stockpile premium ammo for credits. example screenshot: http://imageshack.us...umammostore.jpg

Edited by Cpl_Hicks, 18 October 2012 - 12:33 PM.


Rabid_Turnip #237 Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:39 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 18007 battles
  • 1,329
  • [XVIII] XVIII
  • Member since:
    07-19-2011

View PostShireknight, on 18 October 2012 - 07:35 AM, said:

Aw crap I've waited all week and was going to do some testing today on my day off and the test has ended gah!

Can someone tell me please can you buy gold ammo with credits in the depot and stockpile it or can you only buy it from the tank resupply screen?

Yes, you could get the premium ammo with credits; that's why the 8.1 test server rapidly became a bad joke. I was trying to give the British tanks a proper test, but since pretty much everyone spammed premium ammo which made any armour the tank possessed essentially worthless, it was pointless even trying. I tried my Maus and an E-100 I bought on the test server, and they were exercises in futility - you die in seconds on heavy tanks now, especially if a French autoloader tank or a high-tier arty gets you in their sights.

There is no balance on a server where everyone penetrates everyone; the game turns into a no-skill auto-aiming arcade shooter for people with the attention span of a goldfish with Alzheimer's. No tactics, no survivability, and most importantly no fun at all.

This is the most divisive, unbalancing, self-destructive and just flat out stupid thing WG's devs have ever thought up.

TiXOIOXiT #238 Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:25 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 32366 battles
  • 208
  • [METW] METW
  • Member since:
    06-08-2012
Well the test server is not working for last two days.

Shireknight #239 Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

    Player

  • Veteran
  • 13946 battles
  • 1,551
  • [TELOS] TELOS
  • Member since:
    10-04-2010

View PostCpl_Hicks, on 18 October 2012 - 10:42 AM, said:

I heard that you could buy it from the store. You might find a more detailed answer in this bug report [link]
EDIT: Now that test2 is online, I can confirm that you can stockpile premium ammo for credits. example screenshot: http://imageshack.us...umammostore.jpg

View PostSvartmetall, on 18 October 2012 - 11:39 AM, said:

Yes, you could get the premium ammo with credits; that's why the 8.1 test server rapidly became a bad joke. I was trying to give the British tanks a proper test, but since pretty much everyone spammed premium ammo which made any armour the tank possessed essentially worthless, it was pointless even trying. I tried my Maus and an E-100 I bought on the test server, and they were exercises in futility - you die in seconds on heavy tanks now, especially if a French autoloader tank or a high-tier arty gets you in their sights.

There is no balance on a server where everyone penetrates everyone; the game turns into a no-skill auto-aiming arcade shooter for people with the attention span of a goldfish with Alzheimer's. No tactics, no survivability, and most importantly no fun at all.

This is the most divisive, unbalancing, self-destructive and just flat out stupid thing WG's devs have ever thought up.

Thanks guys  :Smile_Default:

TheKroo #240 Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

    Product Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 10299 battles
  • 5,481
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    08-24-2010
Please continue the discussion here: http://forum.worldof...-of-version-81/




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users