valentine

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
63 replies to this topic

hamstor #61 Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15097 battles

View PostFreodin, on 26 February 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:

Why use this tintub when you can drive a Covenanter as a T4 light?

Cove got the mobility to work as a flanker and gundepression to ambush from unexpected positions. Vale got armor and durability to hold keypositions as long as you don't expose your side as the front is quite bouncy for T4 AP bullets. Both tanks couldn't be more different - it's a matter of preferred playstyle.

I really enjoyed the Covy when grinding towards Crusader but against T6 foes the autocanons are just no use. The L50 on the other hand is still able to deal some support from behind.

balderz002 #62 Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:35 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7806 battles
I love my little Val very much! the tank with the best win rate for me. (it floats at around 60%)....... If anyone fancies putting a platoon of Valentines on the BF (Brit, LL or a mixture of both, let me know! - can you imagine 3 of those little 2 pdrs hitting one target at the same time!?)

It maybe slow, but then thats reality for you. The 2 pdr is epic at tier IV or below, and the 6 pdr, which may have a slower reload, makes tier V or VI tanks not so much of an epic fail. Just make sure you have allies able to take the brunt of the incomings for you. I find it alot more fun than the IS-3 (sold) that i had waited and toiled over getting.

Tichy67 #63 Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11340 battles
Now that I grinded most lines up to tier 7 or 8 and find the gameplay there not that much fun I look back at tanks I left on the way, in the tier IV-VI range.
Took the Valentine road to the Churchill (which I hated and sold) because I wasn't so fond of the Matilda LL (after getting the british Matilda I could slap myself for not getting it earlier)  and had a look at my Valentine stats:
46 games, 67%WR, E:7 (1446)

Hmm... I'm really tempted to get it again. Is it still good?

Stokkolm #64 Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14086 battles

View Postbalderz002, on 26 April 2013 - 12:35 PM, said:

I love my little Val very much! the tank with the best win rate for me. (it floats at around 60%)....... If anyone fancies putting a platoon of Valentines on the BF (Brit, LL or a mixture of both, let me know! - can you imagine 3 of those little 2 pdrs hitting one target at the same time!?)

It maybe slow, but then thats reality for you. The 2 pdr is epic at tier IV or below, and the 6 pdr, which may have a slower reload, makes tier V or VI tanks not so much of an epic fail. Just make sure you have allies able to take the brunt of the incomings for you. I find it alot more fun than the IS-3 (sold) that i had waited and toiled over getting.

This guy makes a good point: the stock gun is the best gun on this tank. It's a terrible tank with the top guns, but after i switched to the 2pdr it's actually decent.

Also tagged with valentine

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users