Guess Where

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:25 AM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
After the long series of Guess What contests, here comes Guess Where! The additional aim is now to find out which map is shown in the picture.

Full news text

KyoTox #2 Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:49 AM

Private

• Player
  • 30776 battles
  • [GST_] GST_
Seriously...Only NON-PREMIUM players are allowed to participate??? FFS it's obvious that you gave the gold to players who didn't play with premium till now...I repeat: IS THIS A MARKETING CAMPAIGN???

People, before you start criticizing me, look at their AVERAGE EXPERIENCE, and THINK!!! Look at all the past Guess What (any week) contest winners and you will see the pattern (LOW EXP/BATTLE)
Can we have some proof that these guys sent their answers before I did???
How can u mock your players like this???

You have right to say what are you thinking about contest, or to point at things that are in your opinion bad or wrongly designed.
However accusing Wargaming.net for any kind of fixing scores or fraud with this or any other competition is way over the line and it is serious violation of forum rules & etiquette.

Second thing is your problematic post - it has been removed.

Therefore we had no other options but to issue you read only status on forum
/BigBadVuk

Ding760 #3 Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:56 AM

Major

• Player
  • 9370 battles

View PostKyoTox, on 16 October 2012 - 09:49 AM, said:

Seriously...Only NON-PREMIUM players are allowed to participate??? FFS it's obvious that you gave the gold to players who didn't play with premium till now...I repeat: IS THIS A MARKETING CAMPAIGN???

People, before you start criticizing me, look at their AVERAGE EXPERIENCE, and THINK!!!

I don't get it.

Where does it say only non-premium players can participate? :/

KyoTox #4 Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:58 AM

Private

• Player
  • 30776 battles
  • [GST_] GST_

View PostDing760, on 16 October 2012 - 09:56 AM, said:

I don't get it.

That's it...they DON'T SAY THIS...Look at the winners AVERAGE EXP PER BATTLE and you will see how much EXP they gain from a battle (NON-PREMIUM)... I guess it's allowed to mock us all who paid them for our premium accounts... Nice job WG.net...keep up the good work!

BTW, as I asked last week: Can we have some proof that these players sent their answers before I did or any other participant to the contest???

Edited by KyoTox, 16 October 2012 - 10:00 AM.

Zoraktar #5 Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 5320 battles
  • [FURHQ] FURHQ
Quickly take your tinfoil hats! It's conspiracy! (images not allowed  :Smile_sceptic: )

Really... I mean really? You think WG favs somebody who actually does not give them money?
*Falls down from chair and tries stop laughing before dies*
*Cough* Yeah...

It's premium and non-prema players and they will pick both. Who knows about those "NON-PREMIUM EXP RATES" players are actually faster than others OR they know more than a lot premium people who does just herp derp around WoT even without knowing what is forums for WoT :Smile_smile:

Cobra6 #6 Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:14 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16333 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostKyoTox, on 16 October 2012 - 09:58 AM, said:

BTW, as I asked last week: Can we have some proof that these players sent their answers before I did or any other participant to the contest???

You serious bro? I think you forgot your medication this morning....

Cobra 6

Tremanath #7 Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:17 AM

Private

• Player
  • 8610 battles

View PostKyoTox, on 16 October 2012 - 10:20 AM, said:

LOL...did u guys even try to look at the stats of the players who won? FFS 289 battles and he won the contest??? Really? When did he had the time to even figure out that we have contests on the SITE??? Guys, please stop kissin a**es...that will not give premium or gold...seriously.

None need to have 9874672869 battles to recognize tanks, it's not like the game it's the only media that portraits them, a die hard fanatic will know what tank is there even if you smeared it in tar and covered it with feathers. (ex. Have a childhood friend that since he was a child he had all this airplanes models; subscribtion to magazines etc. and he knows like every airplane there is, without the need to play a game about them)

KyoTox #8 Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:19 AM

Private

• Player
  • 30776 battles
  • [GST_] GST_
It's not about the number of battles...Look at all the past and present winners from the contest! They have LOW EXP/BATTLE = NON PREMIUM PLAYERS!!! (200-300 EXP) What don't you understand?
And why does it take 1 week to post the winners if they know them from last week? Guess you like how they choose their winners and participating in it (after I played for one full year with premium) is useless...

Nice job anyway, I officialy won't play any more WG.net games cause I'm sick of their "marketing campaigns" and lies. I am joining "the other game"...

Edited by KyoTox, 16 October 2012 - 11:25 AM.

Uanubis #9 Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:21 AM

Streamer

• Community Contributor
  • 54586 battles
  • [HALUS] HALUS
I am just waiting for "Guess Why", since in my opinion regular player has low to no chance of winning in this contest, mainly because of the number of winners IS TO DAMN LOW...

KyoTox #10 Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:28 AM

Private

• Player
  • 30776 battles
  • [GST_] GST_
Uanubis, I've sent my answer 5 minutes after they posted the picture (5 minutes is more than it took me, but let's give them a "margin of error"). Useless, if you didn't buy premium account till now, you have a chance, if you did...well...though luck.

Edited by KyoTox, 16 October 2012 - 11:29 AM.

_ShOoT_ #11 Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:33 AM

Private

• Player
  • 5141 battles
somebody please check my ticket in the Support! I wanna play!!!!!!!!

SchwerePanzer #12 Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:41 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11068 battles
I won half a year of premium one year ago although at that time I had premium running since launch.

Tremanath #13 Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:49 AM

Private

• Player
  • 8610 battles

View PostKyoTox, on 16 October 2012 - 11:19 AM, said:

It's not about the number of battles...Look at all the past and present winners from the contest! They have LOW EXP/BATTLE = NON PREMIUM PLAYERS!!! (200-300 EXP) What don't you understand?
And why does it take 1 week to post the winners if they know them from last week? Guess you like how they choose their winners and participating in it (after I played for one full year with premium) is useless...

Nice job anyway, I officialy won't play any more WG.net games cause I'm sick of their "marketing campaigns" and lies. I am joining "the other game"...
I am a non premium player, bragging aside won the guess what #13, so whats the idea? First you said about the number of battles, now it's the low xp, what gives, low xpers shoudn't win in your world? :))

supercharge #14 Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

• WG Staff
  • 1651 battles
  • [WG-EU] WG-EU

View PostKyoTox, on 16 October 2012 - 09:49 AM, said:

People, before you start criticizing me, look at their AVERAGE EXPERIENCE, and THINK!!! Look at all the past Guess What (any week) contest winners and you will see the pattern (LOW EXP/BATTLE)

I have no idea why you think that we're selecting players based on some imaginary patterns. As it's said in the news we award the first 6 correct answers and that's all.
There is no magic involved. Some players are faster. Sorry to hear that you're disappointed but don't give up. I'm sure at some point you will make it :Smile_Default:

supercharge #15 Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:52 AM

Second Lieutenant

• WG Staff
  • 1651 battles
  • [WG-EU] WG-EU

View PostDing760, on 16 October 2012 - 09:56 AM, said:

I don't get it.

Everyone can participate!

KyoTox #16 Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30776 battles
  • [GST_] GST_
Ok...so, where is the proof the any on the winners (this weeks) has sent his e-mail before me? Seriously, every week the winners have low exp/battle...come on, you want me to believe that they did send their e-mails before all the rest who pay premium??? Isn't that a pattern? Every weeks winners have low exp/battle (simple logic = NON-PREMIUM).

Edited by KyoTox, 16 October 2012 - 12:09 PM.

Pruden #17 Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:05 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 9911 battles

View PostKyoTox, on 16 October 2012 - 11:28 AM, said:

Uanubis, I've sent my answer 5 minutes after they posted the picture (5 minutes is more than it took me, but let's give them a "margin of error"). Useless, if you didn't buy premium account till now, you have a chance, if you did...well...though luck.
I think you have a wrong time scale for events like this one. I sent mine 1 minute after the image was posted, indicating 3 out of the 4 reasons they have mentioned.

But you know what? By the time I looked at the image for the first time after pressing F5 continuously, it had 62 views. That means that there were 61 people ahead of me in the race. I regard as perfectly normal that 10% of them could write the answer as correctly and quickly as me. What's your problem?

liberatorr #18 Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:32 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19189 battles
Question for me is when the contests come that I only see them when its finished and youre intruducing the winners! :Smile_amazed:  How?!!! :Smile_confused:

Sumichobo #19 Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33114 battles
WG, can you please include the time winners sent their mails or something, so other participants (including me) calm down ? I'm not thinking that WG is cheating or doing something wrong, but I'm curious how fast are some people, and how slow am I. If you could add that, I will be very happy and I'm sure everybody else would be :Smile_Default:

Panternack #20 Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 10794 battles
  • [PONY] PONY
It is quite simple:

There are hundreds of thousands of players of the game.

About 1000 of them care about the competition.

Of these, say, 100 can send in their answers immediately when the competition starts.

Of these, six win.

See the pattern? There are just so many players here that six prices to first pickers will go literally within seconds.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users