Will the Pz II J come to the shop?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

Exocet6951 #21 Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:11 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 40981 battles
  • [BALTO] BALTO
I just met one on the regular server, and it's been a long time since I've ever seen one at all.
I was worried, having only 40mm-ish pen, and recalling the matches ending in draws on the test server due to those tanks being impenetrable.
Then I penetrated it with ease when it showed side armor, when I managed to shoot its rear drive wheel from 150m away with an automatic 37mm.

Were it to be sold again, I would not buy it.

Feindfeuer #22 Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 8839 battles

View Post_Knight_Commander_Pask_, on 28 October 2012 - 08:02 PM, said:

But is it fun to play? That's always a big factor for me when buying premiums, and why I bought the Valentine LL. I don't have any Soviet tanks to train crews for, it doesn't make much money per game - but it's an absolute blast to drive!

That's the same reason i buy premiums, as they often offer a rather unique gameplay compared to other tanks of the tier. But most people i play with seem to prefer to select the tanks based on the performance in earning money or training crew. I might be wrong, and maybe the 'fun' players are actually in the majority, but i doubt that.

@Exocet6951
yeah, the sidearmor can be penetrated by most top guns of tier 3, it retains its armor effectivness only against people who still use auto cannons or ppl just firing away at the frontal armor. Suprisingly, many people do just that. I'm always suprissed how often i survive situations where they could easily murder me by just flanking me.
Luchs Players seem to be rather clever though, encountering one is a death sentence most of the time, while BT drivers seem to prefer to just ram my Ausf.J head on if they fail to penetrate, netting me a free kill.

myfabi94 #23 Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:24 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8487 battles
The II J is awesome fun. I've got all the low tier Premiums available after 7.4. And although the B2 and Valentine, T-15 and matilda suck at their tiers in statistical effectiveness I have my best fun and battles with them. You should just be frustration proof and take some time to master the playing styles.

_Knight_Commander_Pask_ #24 Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:07 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3773 battles

View PostFeindfeuer, on 28 October 2012 - 08:23 PM, said:

That's the same reason i buy premiums, as they often offer a rather unique gameplay compared to other tanks of the tier. But most people i play with seem to prefer to select the tanks based on the performance in earning money or training crew. I might be wrong, and maybe the 'fun' players are actually in the majority, but i doubt that.

@Exocet6951
yeah, the sidearmor can be penetrated by most top guns of tier 3, it retains its armor effectivness only against people who still use auto cannons or ppl just firing away at the frontal armor. Suprisingly, many people do just that. I'm always suprissed how often i survive situations where they could easily murder me by just flanking me.
Luchs Players seem to be rather clever though, encountering one is a death sentence most of the time, while BT drivers seem to prefer to just ram my Ausf.J head on if they fail to penetrate, netting me a free kill.

Hang on, if you get flanked you die? I thought that thing was 80/80/80 on the hull and turret? I'm not quite seeing how facing 80mm on the side is somehow easier to penetrate than 80mm on the front...

Sliktastic #25 Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:41 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 33643 battles

View Post_Knight_Commander_Pask_, on 29 October 2012 - 12:07 AM, said:

Hang on, if you get flanked you die? I thought that thing was 80/80/80 on the hull and turret? I'm not quite seeing how facing 80mm on the side is somehow easier to penetrate than 80mm on the front...

Posted Image

It is 80/50/50 on hull and turret. It isnt a esy to drive tank but can be very nice if you come close to your enemy (so you dont waist shoots). [1]

Posted Image

It is more of an Steel Wall farmer, as a Top Gun famer (Pz38H).

Posted Image

P.S. Plz thumb up the VK 2801 (DB), so that it maybe becomes a Tier VI light tank.

Edited by Staufen, 29 October 2012 - 12:42 AM.

Feindfeuer #26 Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:59 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 8839 battles
Like Staufen says, it's 'only' 50 on the side, which is enough to ding all auto cannon fire and can still ding a lot of shots when angled, but with the slow turning speed the enemy can get a clear and flat shot on your sides if he wants, and most highend T3 guns average out above 50. Still fun tank to drive if you can accept that sometimes you'll just die. But as someone who has driven and enjoyed the premium B2 before he got his soft matchmaking, i'm fine with that.

Durinson #27 Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37659 battles
Even from front both driver hatches can be penetrated easily and they are HUGE. Just look at the pic from Staufen some posts up. Luckily most people on these tiers are noobs and don´t know this (since you have to come very close to do even minimal damage against most tanks). Apart from these weakspots almost any TD and any arty will tear you apart. Spall liners help a bit against arty, but TD are hell for my little steel-cube.

_Knight_Commander_Pask_ #28 Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:11 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3773 battles
Huh. Could've sworn it was 80mm on all facings during the test. Ah well, that makes sense now.

Sliktastic #29 Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 33643 battles
Today was a field day :) The Pz II J love sthe new british tssue boxes; the gun pen them all ... just great, I had really fun games today....

So all your Pz II J owners get them out, I had today a game with all just me of brits, and what can I say  :Smile_veryhappy:  just rap tru them. :Smile_veryhappy:

Edit: On some brits aim for the gun mandle....it looks like a low tier weakspot on them.... HAVE FUN.

Edited by Staufen, 31 October 2012 - 08:18 PM.

Feindfeuer #30 Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:41 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 8839 battles
Yep, the Brits are nice to encounter with the Pzkpfw II Ausf.J, but be aware, the A10 is able to carry around a rather potent 3.7in howitzer that can make short work of anything tier 3 with one shot, including Pz II J when it hits the sides.

Ebusus #31 Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9049 battles
While driving around today in a A13 MkI I met this toy for the first time. I could swear I heard the foe laughting while he just drove to me while I shot my pom pom at him without denting him.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users