A10 Cruiser Mk. II

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

Q77 #21 Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12072 battles

View Postseparatist3223, on 10 November 2012 - 09:01 PM, said:

i know i quite like this tank aswell especially with the upgraded gun but aiming and reload speed is slow :Smile_sad:

I dont know if you're grinding the line further on or want to keep this gem, but getting the right equipment (impr. vent, EGLD) on it plus the crew XP will make it a lot faster. You cant expect a gun with this potential damage to work like the pompom. The fun part is, hardly anyone is maxing a tank out on this level so if you do, you will have a great killing machine.

DrPulp #22 Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 25914 battles
  • [FAKK-] FAKK-
i love and keep this tank! it is like my new mini KV-2 :D
Only downside is, you can't put a rammer on that beast.

CurtisNewton #23 Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33370 battles
  • [CAFEA] CAFEA
I am currently loling around in it.
Admittedly, I am boring all and sundry with comments along the line of "Mine is the biggest", and they do not like to be reminded of it, but it just IS.  :Smile_teethhappy: It is now the proud owner of my longest "Reaper" streak, to boot.

This little critter with its mortar makes for one big fun package, and that is currently the only reason for the Cruiser branch of the British tree, as the A13 branch easily outperforms its respective brethren on the Cruiser line. I do like to play with big, slow, mean, potato guns, and so to find one as brutal as the 3.7 inch at this level of the game is just FAB! One-shots for Mk IIIs, Luchs, etc. Okay, you need to aim, aim some more, and then some, but the rewards are just mind-bogglingly good. You actually get to watch your projectile trundle towards the dedicated target and then get the satisfaction of immediate yellow messages announcing a kill. This beats the U-11 and the M-10, and especially the U-11 is one of my absolute favourites. Also, in close quarters, it does not take THAT long for your aiming circle to acquire a semblance of accuracy sufficient for a kill, and the 240 structure points are often enough to survive a Pom Pom or MG attack.

Obviously, the shine comes off a bit against Tiers IV and V, but then, no other Tier III will ever be capable of inflicting 100 points of damage with such reliability on the likes of KV-1 and Hetzers from the front. My personal record is 330 damage to a T1 Heavy, in the flank. THAT JUST PLAIN ROX!

Basically, you need to pick a buddy and support him, aka, let him keep the enemy busy until you have acquired them as viable targets, and then rid him of their attentions in one fell swoop. I am not sure yet whether I shall keep it in the long run, but I do enjoy its totally different style of play.  :Smile_great:

steamrick #24 Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:57 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 19390 battles
  • [3VSMM] 3VSMM
I'm currently using it to troll around oneshotting tier 3 and tier 4 left and right.
I'm already up to reaper 7 and I bet I can get higher than that.

Between the catastrophic aim time and the slow movement speed you have to plan ahead for the next 30 seconds at a minimum, but in the hands of an experienced player (me, for example) you can easily get 2.5+ average kills per battle it seems.

I'm still at a 82% crew, so there's room for improvement, but I already put vents and a gun laying drive on it. I wonder how it will perform with a 100% crew trained in snap shot and smooth ride... :)

Edited by steamrick, 15 November 2012 - 10:59 PM.

PotatoeFritze #25 Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 52959 battles
  • [R1K_O] R1K_O
i just come from a completly INSANE game.

My crew is at 82, and I only had like 3 games with the 3.7 on it before. In one I got overrun, since the reload-time is so long and in another I met a KV1 right away close up, with predictable results. Therefore I tried the pom-pom again, but the accuracy is just so bad... I either didnt hit, or nothing happened to my targets, Because by the time I reached the battle due to the slow speed, only heavies were left.

Giving the 3.7 another try I just annihilated 12 tanks! In one game! Most of them OS! Of course luck played a vital part, since I just merely survived.

But I believe that in most of the games it makes a good support tank for heavies and in low tier battles it is great for ambushing and fire support over medium distances, because you cant follow the lights for being too slow and most of the time they wont wait for you.

Edit: Shooting at t3 lights with the 3.7 is like throwing nukes at them.

Edited by PotatoeFritze, 16 November 2012 - 07:43 PM.

Charcharo #26 Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 30674 battles
  • [-BAE-] -BAE-
Defeat
Battle: Province 23 ноември 2012 г. 23:03:44 ч.
Vehicle: A10 Cruiser Mk. II
Experience received: 1
Credits received: 3 118

I find this score HILARIOUS :D

Nebulosa #27 Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 39236 battles
  • [-LOA-] -LOA-
Definitely one of the most pleasant surprises in the game, being a real fun tank. At first I was a bit clueless if that slow moving shell is a joke or a bug, but after I got what it does, I loved it. I am half inclined to keep it for the occasional lol-game. At low tiers, it's also not that likely that you will meet many people who really know how to fight against this tank, as most move through it just too rapidly.

Well done, WG!

Edited by Nebulosa, 29 November 2012 - 09:32 PM.

Timber_Wulf #28 Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 26834 battles
If you get 100% crew with this tank, and practice using the Howitzer it is often the most fun tank I own.  

It's inaccurate, slow to aim, it's slow to move etc.  But the Howitzer is such a jolly to use that it is very very fun tank.  You have to get the crew skills up though, otherwise it's a pain. I killed 8 in a game this morning lol.  

The best tactic I've found is to keep in the second line and pick out long range targets that are moving towards your buddies.  They will stop at some point to aim.  Just be patient, track them.  As soon as they stop, let one go. 8/10 times you will snipe him like an arty gun right through his head. It's very funny.

MotanTurbat #29 Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11363 battles
I can only say this!!

SWEET MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!

I have found my tier 3 tank to keep! This is a tank for trolling, a micro-KV-2  :arta:

Nethraniel #30 Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 13535 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Somehow I overread the .7 behind the 3-Inch ... thought it was the 175 DMG average Howitzer... but that baby is fun... maybe because I'm used to my SU-152 derp-gun ...

:Smile-izmena:  Approved!

P_Voronin #31 Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23142 battles
Hmmm, I scrolled through the topic and read some messages, but it seems it's a little KV-2 with a derp gun on wheels? Atm I'm grinding towards that howitzer, but if I read all the messages it seems to be fun.

PotatoeFritze #32 Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:20 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 52959 battles
  • [R1K_O] R1K_O
Closing in on 100 battles using this tank with the 3.7 now, he best tactics so far have been:

- NEVER go alone. ALWAYS try to stay close to some friendlies. In T3 matches try to follow a group of 2 minimum.
- If there is a heavy on your team, try to follow that. On open ground at a distance of around 30 to 50 meters, in order to give some fire support against other heavies and TDs. On city maps and such use them as a shield and pop out for a shot once the enemy has to reload. KVs and B1s are great for that, because they are only a tad slower than you are and soak up a lot of punishment.
- You can usually survive like 2 hits from most tank guns if they are T4 or 5, up to 4 if they are T3 and lower. Keep that in mind in order to stay further back once you got hit. Try your luck with distance shots then.
- If there are multiple targets, go for open turreted vehicles first, then lights, if they are standing still, then mediums, heavies and TDs, but try to avoid brawling with T3 lights, mediums and higher. You will sometimes OS them if you hit them from the side or rear, but most of the time you need more and then your reload time will break your neck. There it is usually better to damage a heavy instead, often hurting crew members or causing crits, which will both help out your team a lot.

Even a frontal hit on a KV usually takes like 10% of its health upwards, along with a critical damage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users