8203 replies to this topic

Murphy1up #1 Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:57 PM

Lieutenant General

• Military Reserve
  • 11327 battles
  • [-QQ-] -QQ-

POPULAR

Greetings commanders,

Over the past few weeks we've noticed that there has been a rise in topics about artillery/spg's. These topics always have the same content, a screen shot of a battle with an angry message about how MM needs fixed. Now unless the "search" function isn't working and no one has told us about this, it would take a few short moments for players to see there is already an existing topic about what they're about to post, and there is no need for a new topic..   Today alone I've seen 3 threads created.

The reason for this pinned thread is for players to provide feedback about SPG's and also to cover a few points so that people are aware of what's going on. This thread will be updated with any new information relation to SPG's and MM.

*last updated 11/12/2012*
  • YES, since the new MM changes we're aware of matches where you may encounter high amounts of SPG's (6 plus per side). These matches are still however rare and not the norm.
  • The problem is only really active at tier 9 and 10. It's very rare that in lower tier games you will have more than 4 arty per side.
  • A fix is being added to 8.0 to make credit generation for tier 8 arty in line with tier 10 tanks. these means tier 8 arty won't be as profitable as they are now which may discourage some players from playing them so frequently.
  • If the 8.0 fix doesn't make a noticeable difference in the rare occasions where there is 8 or more arty per side in a team, we will look into further ways to balance things out.
  • there is no current plans to place limits on the amount of arty or any other class of tank that may be placed into a battle/team.
  • A fix for arty balance may be on the horizon soon. Will update you all with more information once it's confirmed and available.
Please remember to keep your feedback constructive and on topic. Any new topics will be closed and players directed to here.

Regards

Ectar

Edited by Ectar, 11 December 2012 - 07:37 AM.

HelHammer #2 Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:03 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 76596 battles
"A fix is being added to 8.0 to make credit generation for tier 8 arty in line with tier 10 tanks. these means tier 8 arty won't be as profitable as they are now which may discourage some players from playing them so frequently."
Who call this a fix ????
in 0.7.5 the repair is 22 k kerdit and the shelss are 1664
and if i fire 11 shoots and i get destryed thats =40304 k cerdit.....
i dont think that this will stop me from playing my arty's :Smile_veryhappy:

Edited by HelHammer, 17 September 2012 - 01:10 PM.

Nectaria #3 Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:06 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 9652 battles

POPULAR

How hard is it to put a cap of the entire arty in game at 3 max? We don't ask for ANYTHING ELSE.

Yet ofcourse you guys do something totally different and hope we like it...

fnaves_POR #4 Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 66158 battles
This is going to be a hot thread....
The only problem is really the number of artys per game in high tier games, more then 3 per side ruins gameplay even for arty... credit nerf will not fix that.

even do we have to agree that mm is much better now excluding the arty issue

Edited by fnaves_POR, 17 September 2012 - 01:11 PM.

Caesar65 #5 Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18034 battles
  • [TGCGC] TGCGC

View PostEctar, on 17 September 2012 - 12:57 PM, said:

Greetings commanders,

Over the past few weeks we've noticed that there has been a rise in topics about artillery/spg's. These topics always have the same content, a screen shot of a battle with an angry message about how MM needs fixed. Now unless the "search" function isn't working and no one has told us about this, it would take a few short moments for players to see there is already an existing topic about what they're about to post, and there is no need for a new topic..   Today alone I've seen 3 threads created.

The reason for this pinned thread is for players to provide feedback about SPG's and also to cover a few points so that people are aware of what's going on. This thread will be updated with any new information relation to SPG's and MM.

*last updated 17/09/2012*
  • YES, since the new MM changes we're aware of matches where you may encounter high amounts of SPG's (6 plus per side). These matches are still however rare and not the norm.
  • The problem is only really active at tier 9 and 10. It's very rare that in lower tier games you will have more than 4 arty per side.
  • A fix is being added to 8.0 to make credit generation for tier 8 arty in line with tier 10 tanks. these means tier 8 arty won't be as profitable as they are now which may discourage some players from playing them so frequently.
  • If the 8.0 fix doesn't make a noticeable difference in the rare occasions where there is 8 or more arty per side in a team, we will look into further ways to balance things out.
Please remember to keep your feedback constructive and on topic. Any new topics will be closed and players directed to here.

Regards

Ectar

Thanks for the heads up Ectar

Nectaria #6 Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:13 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 9652 battles

POPULAR

Cut profits on tanks = it starts to be WG's standard answer to any problem.

Ofcourse that only helps them as people have to revert into buying more and more gold to keep their preferred tanks alive.
What WG doesn't understand is that they are destroying their own game. one small step at a time.

r3activ #7 Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:13 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 36252 battles
  • [TERO] TERO
They idea seems fine to me. Lowering high tier 8 arty profits should lower their numbers. The new arty parties are a direct result of the lower spread between tiers which players (you) continuously cried about.

If you have a problem with arties play scouts and mediums. Every problem has a solution. If arties will get terrorized by scout parties will they still play so much ? Guess no. Also when we do high tier platoons (after 7.5) we make sure we have at least 1 scout /medium to help against high number of spgs. Just use your brain.

Clurichaun #8 Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:16 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles

Greetings commanders,

. Now unless the "search" function isn't working and no one has told us about this, it would take a few short moments for players to see there is already an existing topic about what they're about to post, and there is no need for a new topic..   Today alone I've seen 3 threads created.

Regards

Ectar

:Smile_trollface-3:  

Getting a little bit jaded I think :Smile-tongue:  
although thats to be expected , this community is prety dense   :Smile_veryhappy:

Terius #9 Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Clan Commander
  • 40442 battles
  • [TUCAN] TUCAN

POPULAR

The only fix for this to allow max 3 arties per side...
Nerfing credit income is ridiculous...

Nectaria #10 Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:17 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 9652 battles

POPULAR

View Postoctak, on 17 September 2012 - 01:13 PM, said:

They idea seems fine to me. Lowering high tier 8 arty profits should lower their numbers. The new arty parties are a direct result of the lower spread between tiers which players (you) continuously cried about.

If you have a problem with arties play scouts and mediums. Every problem has a solution. If arties will get terrorized by scout parties will they still play so much ? Guess no. Also when we do high tier platoons (after 7.5) we make sure we have at least 1 scout /medium to help against high number of spgs. Just use your brain.

You make it sound like people use their brain while playing this game, haven't played randoms solo lately have you?

People with high tier arty don't care about their income's, they will still dominate the battlefield if they're in large enough numbers. And it's clear that IS a problem at higher tiers. But WG thinks that altering the credit income is gonna change all that.

Seriously -2 for telling the truth...must be a lot of WG fanboys around this afternoon.

Ectar, although the topic is appreciated (however the devs won't care, so why is it there anyway?), this is again a typical example of WG adjusting a problem with an even worse solution...

Stieger11 #11 Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 28157 battles

View PostNectaria, on 17 September 2012 - 01:06 PM, said:

How hard is it to put a cap of the entire arty in game at 3 max? We don't ask for ANYTHING ELSE.

Look how many artys are there at the moment, such cap would mean a lot of T7-8 arty player can't get in battles in a couple of secs, rather some minutes.
It's ok, who cares? But then arty players would flood forums, with their problem.

This credit income may change something, who wanna play something what hardly generate credits, rather burn it...

@octak: true, why people don't play more with scouts? (natural predator of SPGs) But I know it's easier to rant about them and ask some "fixing".

Neg rep me? must be a lot of WG fanboys haters around this afternoon...

Edited by Stieger11, 17 September 2012 - 01:22 PM.

AnarchyPOL #12 Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:20 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30000 battles

View PostNectaria, on 17 September 2012 - 01:06 PM, said:

because the problem is this: TOO MANY ARTYS of high tier vs Tanks!
if you put cap on limit of artys per match after each game there will be more and more artys waiting..

so instead of encourage ppl to play IX/X tanks by making their profit/loss ballance closer to normal,
no.... lets ruin WoT fun even more... eh. greedy politic$$$ is alwyas a short term one..... but who cares.

if arty stops playing... then scouts will stops as well.

Edited by AnarchyPOL, 17 September 2012 - 01:22 PM.

Nectaria #13 Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:21 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 9652 battles

View PostStieger11, on 17 September 2012 - 01:19 PM, said:

Look how many artys are there at the moment, such cap would mean a lot of T7-8 arty player can't get in battles in a couple of secs, rather some minutes.
It's ok, who cares? But then arty players would flood forums, with their problem.

This credit income may change something, who wanna play something what hardly generate credits, rather burn it...

@octak: true, why people don't play more with scouts? (natural predator of SPGs) But I know it's easier rant about them and ask some "fixing".

The question is actually why there are so many arties around, cause they know they're pretty well protected at higher tiers and can deal a lot of damage. Now if they only have 2 other arties at their side, the risk that there are actually a few more scouts, mediums, AMX's at the other side that can find and destroy them is much bigger. So less people will play arty - because it will be harder.

Nerfing credit income is just another way for WG to promote gold selling, not a solution to the arty problem.

SabatonPagan #14 Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26000 battles
Thats not a Fix WG its a lazy way to try and cover it up by saying you working on it.

And to all those thinking any nerf to arty is good, you may wanna think again - your favorite tank will be next if this is done to arty.

Hell, you do this im getting only and a ton of arty so you can see this fixes nothing.

Edited by SabatonPagan, 17 September 2012 - 01:24 PM.

r3activ #15 Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:26 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 36252 battles
  • [TERO] TERO
again. If you hate arty play scouts. there are very few in random games anyway.

guguloi #16 Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:27 PM

Heart Smasher

• Player
  • 50991 battles
  • [FOCA] FOCA

View Postoctak, on 17 September 2012 - 01:13 PM, said:

Lowering high tier 8 arty profits should lower their numbers.
[...]
If arties will get terrorized by scout parties will they still play so much ? Guess no.
No and no from me.

I don't care about credits and I don't care about scouts. I'm playing arty just for fun and limiting (again) credits is not a solution IMO.
Capping the number of arty's looks more viable (even I'm forced to wait more in queue).
Hmm, in fact if I think more I guess that capping the number and increasing the time in queue is a "solution" because not many players have the patience to wait 5-10 minutes for a game with their Tier 8 arty. :Smile_trollface-3:

Hawk1e #17 Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:27 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6092 battles
Not as profitable??

Ha ha ha ha!!

Tier 7 arty is not profitable now, let alone Tier 8.

scooterus #18 Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:29 PM

Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 28441 battles
  • [FOCA] FOCA

A fix is being added to 8.0 to make credit generation for tier 8 arty in line with tier 10 tanks. these means tier 8 arty won't be as profitable as they are now which may discourage some players from playing them so frequently.

Regards

Ectar

hey Ectar. making this kind of change is one of the dumbest thing I've heard.
Let me elaborate. As it is now, tier X heavy is making more credits on a good match than a tier 8 arty. (atm you can make 40-50k PROFIT with premium acount on a heavy and only about 20-30k on top arty. and I'm talking here about those 1 in 20 realy good games) And in average, tier 8 arty is losing credits big time, even with premium.
So what you are saying is: tier 8 arty (witch is a money-sink atm) will become even more of a credit nightmare? I'm sorry, but I don't see the logic of this

dodgerman20001 #19 Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:35 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Clan Commander
  • 21703 battles
  • [WIKD] WIKD
why not just put a limit of 2 arty per side in ALL battles

Stieger11 #20 Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 28157 battles

View PostNectaria, on 17 September 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

The question is actually why there are so many arties around, cause they know they're pretty well protected at higher tiers and can deal a lot of damage. Now if they only have 2 other arties at their side, the risk that there are actually a few more scouts, mediums, AMX's at the other side that can find and destroy them is much bigger. So less people will play arty - because it will be harder.

Nerfing credit income is just another way for WG to promote gold selling, not a solution to the arty problem.

But the problem is there are no more "few scouts, mediums, Amx's", if they were, well... you know.
5-6-7 SPGs can ruin a battle for regular tanks in minutes, but only 1-2 scouts can kill artys' fun in secs.
I hardly see +2-3 scouts per side in high tier matches. Why? Tell me. They need way less xp to unlock than a T10 tank, or T8 arty... still very few people play with them... So whats the problem?
Arty players gonna play arty, tankers wanna drive their big ass Maus, E-100, high tier TDs etc... and nobody wanna start to fix arty-problem with the buying of a T5 scout tank.

scooterus:
You didn't take in account one little thing, regular tanks can get shared xp+credits by spotting enemy for the others. Artys will hardly, the majority of time they can only shoot spotted enemys, so their income will be significantly lower.

Edited by Stieger11, 17 September 2012 - 01:43 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users