• Please log in to reply
8203 replies to this topic

Darth_Clicker #8181 Posted 28 July 2018 - 07:37 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 61393 battles
  • [4RCE] 4RCE

View PostSnaques, on 27 July 2018 - 09:10 PM, said:

Oh boy, you are now doing this just on purpose aren't you. Almost like a person who knows he got caught and tries to change the topic. Someone might even say Trumpian LOL

Just in case you really really can not read, I meant that there are some twitch streamers, who play World of Tanks and who have over 60% WR in that game. In fact this "some" in this case refers to the three streamers I listed earlier.

Sorry, I completely missed the clarification where you corrected your statement to include WR (win rate).  And yeah I read and quoted that response but missed the WR somehow. 

But, even with the extra info, your statement is still probably irrelevant as you have only mentioned 3 streamers among millions of players.  Besides, maybe the reason these players don't have better than a 60%+ win rate is because they haven't learned how to play the game in the best way with arty in it.  I see players in battles every day, who have similar win rates as well as much lower win rates that frustrate me to know end because they are extremely difficult to hit with my arty.  Hint:  if you move in a predictable manner then your chances of me hitting your aren't much better than if you were humping your favorite bush. 

I have said this before somewhere, but I will say it again...if you want to ruin enemy artys game/make him focus on someone else all you have to do is be as random as possible in your movements.  This includes sitting still when you had been moving in the past.  Good or decent arty players probably watch for your patterns or habits of moving and exploit that.  I know I do and I am probably the artiest of the arty players (or piggiest of the sky pigs :D)

General_McMuschi #8182 Posted 28 July 2018 - 08:38 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23985 battles

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/289314037

I'll just leave this here... 

Snaques #8183 Posted 28 July 2018 - 08:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31971 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View PostGeneral_McMuschi, on 28 July 2018 - 08:38 AM, said:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/289314037

I'll just leave this here... 

So you linked a video of arty snap shotting at pixel accuracy over and over again. Now I wonder why people get frustrated... 

Edited by Snaques, 28 July 2018 - 08:06 PM.

Darth_Clicker #8184 Posted 29 July 2018 - 05:11 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 61393 battles
  • [4RCE] 4RCE

View PostSnaques, on 28 July 2018 - 09:05 PM, said:

So you linked a video of arty snap shotting at pixel accuracy over and over again. Now I wonder why people get frustrated... 

Microaggression fueled by exaggeration.  Poor snowflakes.

And you call a 385 m shot a snap shot...lol...that is a funny one.  That tank driver clearly drove into the exact spot where Zoe aimed and fired her arty.  The tank driver even told Zoe exactly where to aim and fire and tank players get frustrated when arty does such an unfair and heinous deed....  It must be tough being a microaggressive snowflake...no way to relax and have fun playing a game.

Edited by Darth_Clicker, 29 July 2018 - 05:24 AM.

Snaques #8185 Posted 29 July 2018 - 08:52 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31971 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View PostDarth_Clicker, on 29 July 2018 - 05:11 AM, said:

Microaggression fueled by exaggeration.  Poor snowflakes.

And you call a 385 m shot a snap shot...lol...that is a funny one.  That tank driver clearly drove into the exact spot where Zoe aimed and fired her arty.  The tank driver even told Zoe exactly where to aim and fire and tank players get frustrated when arty does such an unfair and heinous deed....  It must be tough being a microaggressive snowflake...no way to relax and have fun playing a game.

I have no idea how the distance is relevant on defining what is a snap shot and what is not. In the video the arty player used less than a second to aim the first shot and zero seconds aiming the second one. Nevertheless both shots hit the target dead center. Good luck trying to do that on any other tank from 385m.

If an arty is aiming that fast and hitting that accurately, all you need to know is where the enemy tank will be in 0,5 seconds. I wouldn't call that extraordinary skill to predict that far into the future.

Darth_Clicker #8186 Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:08 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 61393 battles
  • [4RCE] 4RCE

View PostSnaques, on 29 July 2018 - 09:52 AM, said:

I have no idea how the distance is relevant on defining what is a snap shot and what is not. In the video the arty player used less than a second to aim the first shot and zero seconds aiming the second one. Nevertheless both shots hit the target dead center. Good luck trying to do that on any other tank from 385m.

If an arty is aiming that fast and hitting that accurately, all you need to know is where the enemy tank will be in 0,5 seconds. I wouldn't call that extraordinary skill to predict that far into the future.

Her arty was for all practical purposes aimed much longer than a second.  What I mean by this is that her arty didn't have to rotate its hull causing necessary re-aim...either on the first or second shot.  There was no more luck involved in her two shots than any two shots and hits by any other player in any given tank.  In the video, the player in the tank could have stopped, or slowed down even and avoided the direct hit.  But, they didn't, they drove very predictably which eliminated a HUGE variable from the equation.  And no....the lady playing the arty can't hit every tank driving in a predictable manner each and every time due to all of the other variables involved including distance, accuracy etc....but she should be able to have a much higher success rate against predictable players vs unpredictable.

Here is a thought:  All players are predictable. One group are predictable in that you can predict what they will do next. The other group is predictable in that you can predict that you will probably guess wrong as to what they will do next.  The second group contains the players that I don't waste a lot of time and shots on.....unless it is necessary to save a teammate etc.  If I feel confident that my tanks will take care of them, then I focus on the habitual ones in order to eliminate guns from the battle.

So...can I predict what you will do next, or can I predict that my prediction will probably be wrong?  That is the question that tank players need to be aware of when playing against a competent arty player.

Snaques #8187 Posted 30 July 2018 - 12:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31971 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View PostDarth_Clicker, on 30 July 2018 - 09:08 AM, said:

Her arty was for all practical purposes aimed much longer than a second.  What I mean by this is that her arty didn't have to rotate its hull causing necessary re-aim...either on the first or second shot.  There was no more luck involved in her two shots than any two shots and hits by any other player in any given tank.  In the video, the player in the tank could have stopped, or slowed down even and avoided the direct hit.  But, they didn't, they drove very predictably which eliminated a HUGE variable from the equation.  And no....the lady playing the arty can't hit every tank driving in a predictable manner each and every time due to all of the other variables involved including distance, accuracy etc....but she should be able to have a much higher success rate against predictable players vs unpredictable.

Here is a thought:  All players are predictable. One group are predictable in that you can predict what they will do next. The other group is predictable in that you can predict that you will probably guess wrong as to what they will do next.  The second group contains the players that I don't waste a lot of time and shots on.....unless it is necessary to save a teammate etc.  If I feel confident that my tanks will take care of them, then I focus on the habitual ones in order to eliminate guns from the battle.

So...can I predict what you will do next, or can I predict that my prediction will probably be wrong?  That is the question that tank players need to be aware of when playing against a competent arty player.

Free Willy!

Guess you didn't see that one coming. :B

Snaques #8188 Posted 30 July 2018 - 12:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31971 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

What comes to active scouting on Prokhorovka, I always go dark before peaking again, but that is just as much if not more, to do with getting a head start on camping TDs.

Even when you do that, tier X arty will splash your tracks and the second one ruins you. 

Snaques #8189 Posted 29 August 2018 - 05:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31971 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

So the WoT Design Director said this during Gamescom:

• There aren’t any plans to introduce new SPG branches, this is mainly because players hate them, Wargaming doesn’t want to add more toxicity."

Who would've thought? :teethhappy:

Darth_Clicker #8190 Posted 02 September 2018 - 05:09 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 61393 battles
  • [4RCE] 4RCE

View PostSnaques, on 29 August 2018 - 06:30 PM, said:

So the WoT Design Director said this during Gamescom:

• There aren’t any plans to introduce new SPG branches, this is mainly because players hate them, Wargaming doesn’t want to add more toxicity."

Who would've thought? :teethhappy:

Here are a few other statements just as true and valid as the one you quoted above:

Players hate people at WG that are basically like Donald Trump and say stupid stuff because they want to look intelligent in the eyes of a small number of idiot sheep.

Players hate every class in this game.

Players hate light tanks.

Players hate medium tanks.

Players hate heavy tanks.

Players hate tank destroyers.

Players hate players that hate.

Snaques #8191 Posted 06 September 2018 - 12:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31971 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View PostDarth_Clicker, on 02 September 2018 - 05:09 AM, said:

Here are a few other statements just as true and valid as the one you quoted above:

Players hate people at WG that are basically like Donald Trump and say stupid stuff because they want to look intelligent in the eyes of a small number of idiot sheep.

Players hate every class in this game.

Players hate light tanks.

Players hate medium tanks.

Players hate heavy tanks.

Players hate tank destroyers.

Players hate players that hate.

Umm, how about no?

If WG states that there is a shared sentiment in the community or a topic, it certainly means that they have substantial amount of feedback or statistics to back it up. 

For this very same reason WG has NOT made any of the claims you listed.

Also, what WG thinks people think is what counts so I really hope they act on it soon. 

Darth_Clicker #8192 Posted 06 September 2018 - 02:34 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 61393 battles
  • [4RCE] 4RCE

View PostSnaques, on 06 September 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

Umm, how about no?

If WG states that there is a shared sentiment in the community or a topic, it certainly means that they have substantial amount of feedback or statistics to back it up. 

For this very same reason WG has NOT made any of the claims you listed.

Also, what WG thinks people think is what counts so I really hope they act on it soon. 

WG did not make any such statement.  A WG employee made that statement.  Big difference in the two.  Show me a statement from WG, the company, and not from an individual employee.

Snaques #8193 Posted 06 September 2018 - 04:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31971 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View PostDarth_Clicker, on 06 September 2018 - 02:34 PM, said:

WG did not make any such statement.  A WG employee made that statement.  Big difference in the two.  Show me a statement from WG, the company, and not from an individual employee.

LOL, you gotta be the life of the party...at Nitpick Nationals! :teethhappy:

I'm not english doctorate, so excuse me for that. However, I believe that when a company states something, it is not the same as a company putting out a statement.

Also, a company director speaking during a company event about the said company, without any disclaimers about how "this is opinion of the individual, not the company", is as close to a company stating something as you can possibly get (not literally ofc). This is actually probably even legally equivalent of a company statement.

EDIT: This is also completely irrelevant and doesn't change the message shared during a WG press event.

Edited by Snaques, 06 September 2018 - 04:48 PM.

Darth_Clicker #8194 Posted 07 September 2018 - 05:18 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 61393 battles
  • [4RCE] 4RCE

View PostSnaques, on 06 September 2018 - 05:44 PM, said:

LOL, you gotta be the life of the party...at Nitpick Nationals! :teethhappy:

I'm not english doctorate, so excuse me for that. However, I believe that when a company states something, it is not the same as a company putting out a statement.

Also, a company director speaking during a company event about the said company, without any disclaimers about how "this is opinion of the individual, not the company", is as close to a company stating something as you can possibly get (not literally ofc). This is actually probably even legally equivalent of a company statement.

EDIT: This is also completely irrelevant and doesn't change the message shared during a WG press event.

of course, this information is also completely irrelevant and doesn't change the message that arty is part of the game.  That hasn't changed and there haven't been any indications that it will change, only indications to the contrary.

Look at it from another point of view.  Perhaps this director's statement that people hate arty was said to communicate the fact that WG is sick and tired of listening to little snowflake tank players whine and cry about big mean old artillery "ruining their game".  Sometimes when little children are afraid all they do is cry and whine incessantly.  So daddy has to tell them something like "don't cry anymore sweetheart....daddy won't let the monster get you.  There will never be any more new monsters under your bed.  Daddy promises!!!!"  And then little snowflake Billy goes onto the Snowflake Forum and tells everyone "My daddy said that there will not be any more monsters under the beds because everyone hates monsters".  And there is finally peace in snowflake world.

But no change at all in monster world.

P.S.  I am actually the life of the party.....I hide behind doors and when snowflakes walk by I jump out and say "click click click".  Then the hilarity ensues....

Posted Image

Edited by Darth_Clicker, 07 September 2018 - 05:24 AM.

Snaques #8195 Posted 07 September 2018 - 04:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31971 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View PostDarth_Clicker, on 07 September 2018 - 05:18 AM, said:

of course, this information is also completely irrelevant and doesn't change the message that arty is part of the game.  That hasn't changed and there haven't been any indications that it will change, only indications to the contrary.

Look at it from another point of view.  Perhaps this director's statement that people hate arty was said to communicate the fact that WG is sick and tired of listening to little snowflake tank players whine and cry about big mean old artillery "ruining their game".  Sometimes when little children are afraid all they do is cry and whine incessantly.  So daddy has to tell them something like "don't cry anymore sweetheart....daddy won't let the monster get you.  There will never be any more new monsters under your bed.  Daddy promises!!!!"  And then little snowflake Billy goes onto the Snowflake Forum and tells everyone "My daddy said that there will not be any more monsters under the beds because everyone hates monsters".  And there is finally peace in snowflake world.

But no change at all in monster world.

P.S.  I am actually the life of the party.....I hide behind doors and when snowflakes walk by I jump out and say "click click click".  Then the hilarity ensues....

I bet you work for Fox News. No one else puts in that much effort into twisting words into fake news. 

The WG director also specifically said that they are looking into "further limiting SPGs per battle". So this is contrary to what you stated as a fact:

"there haven't been any indications that it will change, only indications to the contrary.:facepalm:

Edited by Snaques, 07 September 2018 - 04:37 PM.

Darth_Clicker #8196 Posted 08 September 2018 - 05:02 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 61393 battles
  • [4RCE] 4RCE

View PostSnaques, on 07 September 2018 - 05:37 PM, said:

I bet you work for Fox News. No one else puts in that much effort into twisting words into fake news. 

The WG director also specifically said that they are looking into "further limiting SPGs per battle". So this is contrary to what you stated as a fact:

"there haven't been any indications that it will change, only indications to the contrary.:facepalm:

Whirlpool just called and they want to buy your spin-cycle technology to use in their clothes washing machines.  It will revolutionize the industry and you will be rich enough to buy another game to play and not be forced to play this one.

Seriously, "further limiting SPGs per battle" doesn't change the fact that SPGs are part of the game.  Therefore, it can't be contrary what I stated as a fact.  Your attempt to spin the topic was pretty good...Kellyanne Conway would be proud of you.

I am a supporter of having fewer artys per battle.  On some maps 3 per battle is ok, but 2 would be better for everyone as a max.  On other maps, 2 is too many.  Since arty has been discriminated against and is forbidden from from platooning with arty friends I would rather be the only arty in a battle anyway.  So....limiting arty to one per battle would be a good move in my opinion.  Some maps are too small for 2 or even 3 artys.  These maps are very limited in terms of decent locations for arty, so arty always knows exactly where arty is when there are 3 artys...even 2.  One arty per battle per team would definitely be something I would support.

WG needs to make changes to arty in the game.  But, I think the changes need to be made to make it worthwhile for arty players to play counter arty.  Placing a bonus on each unspotted enemy arty destroyed would encourage counter artillery.  Give a 50% xp bonus to arty if he destroys enemy arty without it being spotted.  If there are two or three enemy artys, then add 10 or 25% to each additional unspotted enemy arty destroyed.  As it stands now, some artys are not able to destroy the exact same arty with one shot and having to spend 4160 credits for 2 shots of standard ammo to destroy a 550 hp GW E100 is not a very good deal.  I can use those same two shots to deal damage to and stun several tanks on the front line and then hopefully get some stun damage, or tracked damage and earn a whole lot more credits and xp when compared to destroying one arty.  WG could also award bonds to an arty that destroys all enemy artys on a team.  This would also increase the number of arty playing counter arty.

Now, I need to go do my thumb-yoga exercises as that is one of my secrets to my success in clicking.  ohmmmmmm......

Erwin_Von_Braun #8197 Posted 08 September 2018 - 08:48 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 42390 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDarth_Clicker, on 08 September 2018 - 04:02 AM, said:

Now, I need to go do my thumb-yoga exercises as that is one of my secrets to my success in clicking.  ohmmmmmm......

I hadn't thought of that - do you think it will help?:trollface:

Snaques #8198 Posted 08 September 2018 - 09:25 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31971 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View PostDarth_Clicker, on 08 September 2018 - 05:02 AM, said:

Whirlpool just called and they want to buy your spin-cycle technology to use in their clothes washing machines.  It will revolutionize the industry and you will be rich enough to buy another game to play and not be forced to play this one.

Seriously, "further limiting SPGs per battle" doesn't change the fact that SPGs are part of the game.  Therefore, it can't be contrary what I stated as a fact.  Your attempt to spin the topic was pretty good...Kellyanne Conway would be proud of you.

Didn't realize you changed the topic...

In simple words, WG has (through an employee if theirs) admitted that people hate arty and are looking into limiting their numbers per battle.Kudos WG!

WG has been doing a lot of right moves to salvage the game lately.

Darth_Clicker #8199 Posted 08 September 2018 - 11:12 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 61393 battles
  • [4RCE] 4RCE

View PostSnaques, on 08 September 2018 - 10:25 AM, said:

WG has been doing a lot of right moves to salvage the game lately.

Posted Image

10:19 Added after 6 minutes

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 08 September 2018 - 09:48 AM, said:

I hadn't thought of that - do you think it will help?:trollface:

Oh yes, without yoga we are simply sky pigs...just plain clickers.  Thumb yoga exercises will unlock your inner ninja-like clicking skills.

Edited by Darth_Clicker, 08 September 2018 - 11:20 AM.

Erwin_Von_Braun #8200 Posted 08 September 2018 - 11:23 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 42390 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDarth_Clicker, on 08 September 2018 - 10:12 AM, said:

Posted Image

10:19 Added after 6 minutes

Oh yes, without yoga we are simply sky pigs...just plain clickers.  Thumb yoga exercises will unlock your inner ninja-like clicking skills.

I shall give that a try.

M53/M55 crew is currently sat at 74% of their 5th skill.

With food & vents that brings things up to 132% so another few % will always be welcome:arta:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users