• Please log in to reply
469 replies to this topic

supercharge #1 Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• WG Staff
  • 1655 battles
  • [WG-EU] WG-EU
FRIENDLY FIRE & TEAM KILL AUTO SYSTEM
The automated Friendly Fire and Team Kill system was first introduced into World of Tanks back in April 2011, since its introduction there has been many tweaks and adjustments so it's time for an update of how the system works.
Friendly Fire Tracking.
There are two systems for the tracking of Friendly Fire;
A Global Rating which tracks Friendly Fire from the account over a period of time, and a Local Rating which tracks Friendly Fire within a specific game.
What Counts as Friendly Fire? UPDATE 12.02.2014
All instances of Friendly Fire & Friendly Damage are tracked, except the following.
  • Self destruction / Self damage
  • Damaging of a player whose local status equals “Team-killer” (They are "Blue" in game)
  • Damaging of a player within your Platoon/Tank Company. As of the introduction of 8.11 this is no longer valid. TD/TK on platoon mates will be tracked, recorded and punished in the same way as "normal" friendly fire.
  • Damaging of a player within the Training Room.

Friendly Fire Weighting.
Every Friendly Fire shot is not equal.
The auto system takes a huge number of factors into consideration to determine whether a friendly fire shot was accidental or deliberate and each shot is weighted accordingly.
For example Friendly Fire in or within the cap zones are weighted very heavily, similarly are multiple instances of friendly fire.
Ratios are also taken into consideration comparing friendly damage to damage done to enemies. Both locally (this game) and globally (recent gaming history)
Friendly Fire Sanctions.
Depending on the ratio's and thresholds mentioned above. when a player reaches a threshold they will turn "Blue" in game and can then be shot/killed by allies without that effecting the retaliatory FF/TK ratio's.
Slightly above the threshold for turning blue, is the Ban threshold, which once reached will result in a game ban placed on the offender.
It is very common for a player to turn "Blue" and then also be banned, it is also very common for a player to reach one of the ban thresholds and be banned without ever turning blue.
Blue Status.
As described above, the "Blue" status is a small section between being a normal account and being banned for excessive friendly fire.
If you have reached this "Blue" status in game, please note that your account is bordering on game bans being placed.
How long does the blue status last? It will last as long as your ratio's are at that threshold.
How do you revert back to normal? Play the game as normal, and damage enemy tanks to reduce your ratios.
Game Ban Sanctions.
Once an account has reached the threshold sufficient for sanctions to be placed, escalating bans will be issued.
  • 1 Day Game Ban
  • 3 Day Game Ban
  • 7 Day Game Ban
  • 30 Day Game Ban
  • Permanent Game Ban

Reporting Friendly Fire or Team Kills.
The auto Friendly Fire and TK system has been thoroughly tested and tweaked over the last 16 months since its introduction. It works and works well, taking into consideration a multitude of scenarios.
As such, no reports of friendly fire are required, nor are they accepted. All tickets sent to support reporting team killers will be replied to stating this fact with the player sent to this post for more information.
Similarly all disputes on FF/TK sanctions will also not be accepted.
As most of you are aware, there has been a complaints feature in game which contains an option for reporting TKers. Thank you for using this feature in the past, it has helped us perfect the auto system currently in place. However as mentioned above, reports on Friendly Fire and Team Killing are no longer required or handled manually. So reports made for team-killing in game, will no longer be processed or required. It is planned to have this option removed from the in game reporting system in a future update.
Reporting Friendly Fire, or disputing sanctions for Friendly Fire within the forums are both against the forum rules.
Abuse of Physics.
With the upcoming update (8.0) and the introduction of Physics, it will then be possible for players to find new and creative ways of killing allies that will not initially be covered by the auto system.
The rules will shortly be adjusted to cover this game adjustment. But in short, unfairly pushing allied tanks around will be against the game rules.
Since this new issue will not be covered by the auto system, players will be required to submit reports (containing replays for verification) of these rule violations to support.worldoftanks.com
For example, pushing allied tanks off cliffs or bridges or out of cover and into enemy fire.
Killing an allied tank or causing an allied tank to be killed by exploiting the new physics system, will result in 24 hour game bans being placed for the first offense.
Compensation and Penalties for Friendly Damage.
To avoid exploitation of the system, compensation for Friendly Fire you have received will be low, and in some instances may be nil.
To encourage players to take due care and abide by the rules, credit penalties for Friendly Fire are high.
The credit compensation you receive is not directly related to the penalty paid by the offender.
Public Tests.
Support is not available for the Public Test server. This includes reports of rule violations.
The auto system handles friendly fire on the Public Test server the same as it handles it on the retail servers (as described above)

Edited by Vielo, 12 February 2014 - 08:39 PM.

X101 #2 Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 25495 battles
  • [DTIN] DTIN
DO SOMETHING ABOUT PUBLIC TEST PEOPLE ARE STOPING TO PLAY TEST MY SELF INCLUDED.

Sry for caps but this is important.

jetpack5 #3 Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 17122 battles
Good explaining, thank you !
nevertheless i cant afford it to some "cases" ingame, which are almost incredible.
today for example:
an ally pz38t started to shoot at me (dont know if he was bored or etc.)..he didnt stopped, so i shoot back (su-5)
end of story he killed me & another ally (he became blue)..i damaged him by maybe 80%
and heres the awesome thing:
i got money from him : 1100 credits & i had to pay fine : 5000+ credits...
this is pretty incredible & well just ... ******* :Smile_popcorn1:

Ding760 #4 Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:49 PM

Major

• Player
  • 9370 battles
I see... so what happens if I go along my own business and a friendly tank drives straight into me? Killing himself in the process?

Previously I had been fined a huge amount while getting zero compensation. Is it really necessary to penalise the victim of a drunk driver?  :Smile_sad:

Still , very nice explanation. It has finally been explained! Well done!

Exocet6951 #5 Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 39992 battles
  • [BALTO] BALTO
About this weighing, can you specify some of the numbers (out of pure curiosity), such as if a single accidental FF where over 1000 damage was done counts as more than a few rounds amounting  to only 500 damage?

Also, since self-damage is not counted, suiciding such as shooting HE into a nearby wall is allowed if I understand correctly...why is drowning oneself ban-worthy then? Isn't it the same thing?

EDIT: double post! http://forum.worldof...ll-auto-system/

Edited by Exocet6951, 30 October 2012 - 03:53 PM.

OberstKnorre #6 Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19936 battles
Nice to know. But what I never really understand is why there is no forgive option. Sometimes I get hit by an ally and I feel sorry for him cuz he did nothing wrong except having bad luck. Than I would like an option to forgive him and save him the teamdamage fee (and the negative influence on his teamdamage ratio).

Torent01 #7 Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13446 battles
  • [BIVOJ] BIVOJ
I want to mention another isue - artys. I mean, killing ppl on purpose is bad, but srsly, sometimes ppl around your target tend to get some splash damage, resulting in penalty u have to pay xD

aGentleTanker #8 Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:01 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 21043 battles
Well the auto report compensation is still not perfect. Sometimes you are rammed and you pay.

Ding760 #9 Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:01 PM

Major

• Player
  • 9370 battles

View PostTorent01, on 30 October 2012 - 03:58 PM, said:

I want to mention another isue - artys. I mean, killing ppl on purpose is bad, but srsly, sometimes ppl around your target tend to get some splash damage, resulting in penalty u have to pay xD

I am a regular arty player. And I have to say, if you are firing when your allies are near your target then...

Spoiler                     

bitter_fremlin #10 Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:30 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 42308 battles
  • [HEFI] HEFI

View PostTorent01, on 30 October 2012 - 03:58 PM, said:

Arty pay a reduced fine (half, IIRC) if they damage a team mate at the same time as damaging the enemy. And if you regularly damage allies without hurting the enemy -- reconsider your target selection criteria!

SMECHAR #11 Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:03 AM

Private

• Player
  • 8394 battles
I have one question!
If you are in a small tank on the observation post, and someone came with a big tank and deliberately pushes me to a clearance  to see me my opponent and immediately destroyed, why it is not punishable as friendly fire?
After one such incident when I was intentionally pushed, I saved my little tank with quick escape, after which I come back and deliberately destroyed tank that pushed me.
Now I'm blue, and I think it's not fair.

bitter_fremlin #12 Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:24 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 42308 battles
  • [HEFI] HEFI

View PostSMECHAR, on 31 October 2012 - 10:03 AM, said:

I have one question!
If you are in a small tank on the observation post, and someone came with a big tank and deliberately pushes me to a clearance  to see me my opponent and immediately destroyed, why it is not punishable as friendly fire?

Read the first post in this thread, the "Abuse of Physics" section.

After one such incident when I was intentionally pushed, I saved my little tank with quick escape, after which I come back and deliberately destroyed tank that pushed me.
Now I'm blue, and I think it's not fair.

Deliberately destroy an ally -- go blue. Perfectly fair, IMO.

If an ally is "griefing" you -- shooting you, grinding your tracks, pushing you into enemy fire, whatever -- just ignore it. Don't fire back, don't rage in chat, don't respond. He'll either get bored or kill you and you can either get on with the game or go back to the garage, pick another tank, and get on with the game. Both are preferable to 24 hour bans.

There will always be "unfair" cases in a simplified, free-to-users, arbitration system. But it swings both ways, and if it affects you often enough that it spoils the game you may want to ask yourself why it's happening that often...

Tiryan #13 Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:00 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7495 battles

View PostaGentleTanker, on 30 October 2012 - 04:01 PM, said:

Well the auto report compensation is still not perfect. Sometimes you are rammed and you pay.
^this; and i have seen players doing this on purpose either by suddenly breaking in front of you for no reason or actively ramming someone else themselves
i can understand the frustration of driving a low tier light tank in a match against impenetrable tanks and no arty (since the majority of the community agrees in calling this fail matchmaking) but such behaviour should not cause penalties to other players.

in most cases if you tell them to drive more carefully you only receive responses like "Edited"

I'd be interested in the real numbers for this:

View Postsupercharge, on 30 October 2012 - 03:38 PM, said:

Compensation and Penalties for Friendly Damage.
To avoid exploitation of the system, compensation for Friendly Fire you have received will be low, and in some instances may be nil.
To encourage players to take due care and abide by the rules, credit penalties for Friendly Fire are high.
since i prefer driving heavy tanks and frequently have to pay for others driving into my tank

Edited by Asklepi0s, 13 June 2017 - 04:12 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks

JudgeAnderson #14 Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3159 battles
I've just had an incident - I had some compensation for it after the battle but is that it? Was in a game, I have a Leopard, a bit slow. A player started ramming me, I though he was trying to get into the bushes where I was. He then started sending messages saying "Scout or Die", I ignored him, he then purposefully blew me up. I didn't know how to report it at the time. He merely said "I have enough credits" so evidently thought he could do it with impunity.

bitter_fremlin #15 Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:08 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 42308 battles
  • [HEFI] HEFI

View PostJudgeAnderson, on 10 November 2012 - 08:05 PM, said:

I've just had an incident - I had some compensation for it after the battle but is that it?

Probably yes. You could try submitting a ticket with replay to Support, but go with "griefing" rather than "team kill" so avoid the stock "we have an automated system" reply.

What he did was wrong, nobody should TK just because he doesn't like how someone else is playing. But there are ways you can help yourself avoid the situation in the future...

You're driving a Leopard -- you are a scout, and if you don't like that you shouldn't be driving a dedicated scout that only leads to another dedicated scout. You have a job to do, and if one of your team mates is in the same bush as you are then you probably aren't doing it -- you should be elsewhere. Even if you think he's moved up too quickly and should have stayed back to snipe targets you lit up you are no longer useful where you are, so relocate. Doesn't need to be further forward, the other flank will do fine, just make yourself look busy :)

Some people will demand you rush-scout in the first 10 seconds -- tell them you are waiting for arty to be ready, playing anti-scout to start, waiting for the enemy to disperse before making your run. Let them know you have a plan and don't just ignore them. Even better, bush up around the halfway line overlooking a choke point where you can spot the enemy and be ready to intercept their fast movers, then make your move when you see gaps appearing.

You'll still get the occasional Edited who fires at you because you aren't doing what he wants -- but play to your tank's role and play the best you can and you'll minimise the problem.

Edited by Asklepi0s, 13 June 2017 - 04:14 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks

JudgeAnderson #16 Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3159 battles
Sure, all good points. I don't mind scouting at all, I'm usually quite happy to go up front and get blown up first! Unmodified Leopard is a bit slow though...

In this case I was hanging around in a bush temporarily to get some bearings. It was near the start of the game and we were near the home capture zone (If I'd known I would have backed into the capture zone and let him blow me up in there). Anyway, someone repeatedly ramming me and telling me that I have to do what they say immediately got my hackles up, so I decided I wasn't going to give in to bullying behaviour.

So, can I report this after it happened? I discovered the in-game report (CTRL and then right click on player name), but have not seen how to do it after the event (it was 10/11/12 so I'm not sure how far back the game logs go). I don't have a replay as I wasn't expecting it, and I don't know how you make one anyway. I'll look up how to do that.

cheers,

Mark

PS: Have taken your advice and submitted a ticket. Not sure if it will do anything but I thought I'd try. Thanks again.

Edited by JudgeAnderson, 12 November 2012 - 01:52 PM.

bitter_fremlin #17 Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 42308 battles
  • [HEFI] HEFI

View PostJudgeAnderson, on 12 November 2012 - 01:34 PM, said:

I don't have a replay as I wasn't expecting it, and I don't know how you make one anyway.

In the "Game" pane of the "Settings" panel -- make sure "Enable Battle Recording" is ticked. The files are less than 1MB each so they don't hog your HD.

PS: Have taken your advice and submitted a ticket. Not sure if it will do anything but I thought I'd try. Thanks again.

Without a replay it won't do much. Even with a replay it won't do much, but at least you feel like you're doing something even if nobody else is.

But the best thing to do is shrug, load another tank, and take your frustration out on the Reds :)

JudgeAnderson #18 Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3159 battles
Great - I shall do it immediately!

Consider frustration to be taken out as appropriate.

thanks again.

Mark

minemolik #19 Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 829 battles
Edited By Moderator

Edited by LordAxalon, 18 April 2016 - 06:38 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content.

Bloodhound79 #20 Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:06 AM

Private

• Player
  • 4319 battles
  • [114TH] 114TH

View Postbitter_fremlin, on 12 November 2012 - 01:58 PM, said:

In the "Game" pane of the "Settings" panel -- make sure "Enable Battle Recording" is ticked. The files are less than 1MB each so they don't hog your HD.

well ive learned something here :)

Also tagged with kill

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users