Why premium shells for credits is a big mistake...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
128 replies to this topic

_AceOfSpades_ #1 Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
This is not a whine topic, however I would like to share my views on this subject which is premium ammo for credits.
IMO this change is a big mistake and makes the game unbalanced and wrong in many ways, I will provide some points as to why I think this.

1. One of the biggest concerns in this game is that some people have much bigger benefits than others, namely people who use premium accounts, people who use premium tanks etc... and the general idea with this update is that since premium shells will be available by credits it will decrease the difference between rich and poor players or lets say players who can use premium shells and players who can't.
But this is wrong, since the shells cost 4000-5000 a pop, it will only INCREASE the difference, since rich people with premium accounts and tanks can afford to use them in higher numbers and more often while people who are poor and do not have the same benefits won't be able to afford them at all.

2. There is a general agrement that premium tanks should be worse than the tanks on their respective tiers, but now with premium ammo for credits premium tanks can run almost exclusively premium ammo and still make hefty profits ( of course this would be a mistake since its stupid to use premium ammo for things u can pen anyway easily, so the right way is to make it kinda 50:50 and use normal ammo on things u can pen for sure and the other on things u most likely can't pen ). So with the ability to use premium ammo much more than regular tanks the premium tanks become quite a bit better compared to the normal tanks, some even better than normal tanks on their tier. The difference in pen in some tanks is of course insanely better.

3. It ruins balance between tanks in many tiers, while before this ammo was available the tanks were more or less balanced with some small exceptions but now they become unbalanced. An example is comparing tier 7 medium tanks, the soviet T-43 gets 190 pen with premium ammo while the american T20 gets over 240, there is alot of similar examples like this.

4. The balance is further ruined by some tanks gaining huge advantages namely Derp gun tanks, KV2 on tier 6 over 200 pen with 700 dmg, SU152 with over 230pen and 700 dmg on tier 7, T82, hetzer, vk2801 etc...

5. Arty gets a huge benefit aswell and alot of people even now think the arty is a bit OP with their accuracy and dmg potential, now this only increases further as arty will pen and do full dmg almost everytime, specificaly some arties will get a huge insane boost in penetration and splash dmg.

And to the people who will say that the shells are too expencive to use, please refer to the sentence bellow this one:

Nobody in their right mind will use premium shells exclusively, well... maybe some people who have saved up 50kk credits... but other more smart people will load 5-15 premium shells ( depending on the tank ) and use them only when needed, when faced with an opponent with superior armor which is impossible to pen with normal shells and the tank on the other side will immidietly lose its advantage, what makes it a good tank... which is armor, good example for this is T95.

So please discuss, share your opinions

SiCaRiO31 #2 Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:41 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
premium shells cost the same in gold and in credits, so a rich guy has to either time or money to use them, same as everyone else.

Chronose #3 Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:43 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
I absolutely DISAGREE!  NO ONE STOPS YOU from using gold ammo!

If you don't have enough silver - get premium or Lowe!  

If you can't afford Lowe or Premium membership - see my signature!  :Smile_trollface-3:

Victory!
Battle: Karelia Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:26:12 AM
Vehicle: KV-5
Experience received: 2,820 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 82,876
Battle Achievements: Sniper

I LOVE my Gold ammo in randoms!

del501767825 #4 Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:44 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
i have intention to try gold on derp Sherman's here and there.
God knows i have enough silver to use gold on all tanks i have, but, on tanks i drive gold is not needed more or less.
non premium player, but as i play for fun mostly tier 5/6 i have accumulated enough money.
so, i want to see effect of gold derp on higher tier tanks  :Smile_trollface-3:

also, i drive no armor tanks mostly, fragile TD, mediums, so on them gold is again not needed, or to be more correct, i must avoit to be hit in first place TBH... so gold on them will again have no effect...

Edited by Tomyslav, 31 October 2012 - 03:45 PM.

BrianDuffy #5 Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:47 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I think Chronose has posted the exact reason why this is such a bad idea. Yes, this has been a pay to win game all along with gold premium ammo but now it has opened up opportunities for anyone with saved up credits to just beat up the newer players - this may be fun for them but it will not make getting into this game easier or more enjoyable for anyone and may well cause a number of casual players to find some other way of filling their time, it's not as if there is a shortage of games out there however good this one can be.

Chronose #6 Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:52 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Well - to bad  - Those who contribute to the cost of running the servers etc should be rewarded over those who play for free!  

Why would I open my wallet to be placed in same level as those who play for free? Finally WG rewards us - those ones who CARES about the future of WoT, not  just those leeches!

At the end WG was created as busines to generate a profit, not as a charity!   (cry more)

Casual players can do training room if they desire :-)  Very casual way to play IMHO!

Edited by Chronose, 31 October 2012 - 03:54 PM.

X101 #7 Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:55 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
They should put in platinum and uranium ammo as well so no one will pay attention on gold ammo any more :)

Honestly it's to expensive no mater what currency you paying it.

Shnuks #8 Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostChronose, on 31 October 2012 - 03:52 PM, said:

Well - to bad  - Those who contribute to the cost of running the servers etc should be rewarded over those who play for free!  

Why would I open my wallet to be placed in same level as those who play for free? Finally WG rewards us - those ones who CARES about the future of WoT, not  just those leeches!

At the end WG was created as busines to generate a profit, not as a charity!   (cry more)

Casual players can do training room if they desire :-)  Very casual way to play IMHO!

God i hope you're joking...

You get enough rewards by leveling up faster, getting more xp. I don't want an advantage in-game just because i payed.

Caboose_Nor #9 Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:00 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
On topic: Signed

SMR #10 Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:00 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
It should be available for CW in gold and credits, so the clans without gold could compete.
I think gold ammo is not ''appropriate'' for Randoms or TCs. And as a idea it has only a founding in the business side of WarGaming.net.

scuffer #11 Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:00 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Boring I know, but remember that WG consider this a trial and will change it if it sucks too much.

Huntyman #12 Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:03 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostChronose, on 31 October 2012 - 03:43 PM, said:

I absolutely DISAGREE!  NO ONE STOPS YOU from using gold ammo!

If you don't have enough silver - get premium or Lowe!  

If you can't afford Lowe or Premium membership - see my signature!  :Smile_trollface-3:

Victory!
Battle: Karelia Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:26:12 AM
Vehicle: KV-5
Experience received: 2,820 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 82,876
Battle Achievements: Sniper

I LOVE my Gold ammo in randoms!
than you are total noob

Let's stay nice and without name calling.
~Hunter1911

General_Kunde #13 Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:04 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostChronose, on 31 October 2012 - 03:52 PM, said:

bla bla

I dont wonder why u are using gold ammo...

Chronose #14 Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:04 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostHuntyman, on 31 October 2012 - 04:03 PM, said:

than you are total noob

Okay!  

(are you feeling better now?)  not? Pls come with some MOAR insults! Maybe I will start to care!!

Tank_killer99 #15 Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
gold ammo for credits is a bad idea i hope WG return to their sense  :Smile_sceptic:
and remove the gold ammo and make only available on clan wars :Smile_trollface-3:

Chronose #16 Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostGeneral_Kunde, on 31 October 2012 - 04:04 PM, said:

I dont wonder why u are using gold ammo...

Gold ammo = more damage = more exp and credits  - for me Win-Win situation

Fum #17 Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:07 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Post_AceOfSpades_, on 31 October 2012 - 03:38 PM, said:

5. Arty gets a huge benefit aswell and alot of people even now think the arty is a bit OP with their accuracy and dmg potential, now this only increases further as arty will pen and do full dmg almost everytime, specificaly some arties will get a huge insane boost in penetration and splash dmg.

SPG ammunition normal vs premium is larger splash. You don't do more damage nor more penetration. Your shells just damage stuff in a 6m radius instead of 4m, for example. (Dunno if this changed with frenchies, but for Russian/German arty it just changes splash)

baginatora #18 Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:08 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles
My Tiger H's armour is sh*t anyway, so I don't care :)

Chronose has a point though- WoT is intended to earn money. Moreover, it isn't that expensive to buy some gold ammo for those tricky moments only and it adds more suspense to the game as well :)

theghostcat #19 Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:09 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
So much fail in this thread.

Gold ammo for credits is fine - in fact its brilliant on WGings end.

Consider it the smartest economy nerf yet.

If you want to pay 2000c- 5000c a shot be my guest.

Penetration differences is also irrelevant. No really it is. If you know where to aim you don't need gold ammo 99% of that time.

Vitkov #20 Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:10 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
I have premium tank, I sometimes use premium account, but I´m AGAIN using gold shells in random battles. Yes trust me it´s huge fun to be the god in KV2 with 700 dmg and 205 pen. I can raise my stats and wins etc. However in my opinion it is unfair again other players who don´t have chance to use premium shells all time.
I like the effect of armor and heavy armored vehicles and finding weakspots which dissapeared with premium shells. I don´t have to look for weakspots anymore, just load gold shell and enemy is dead. I don´t like it. I like games where you have to think what to do, where to aim, not just press the button and win.
I hope WG will remove gold shells from game completely.