T-62A

T-62A T-62 Object 165

• Please log in to reply
505 replies to this topic

Poll: T-62A (623 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

What equipment do you use on the T-62A?

1. Cyclone Filter (11 votes [0.59%])

Percentage of vote: 0.59%

2. Enhanced Gun Laying Drive (104 votes [5.59%])

Percentage of vote: 5.59%

3. Vertical Stabilizer Mk.1 (477 votes [25.63%])

Percentage of vote: 25.63%

4. Coated Optics (209 votes [11.23%])

Percentage of vote: 11.23%

5. Fill Tanks with CO2 (13 votes [0.70%])

Percentage of vote: 0.70%

6. Medium Caliber Tank Gun Rammer (518 votes [27.83%])

Percentage of vote: 27.83%

7. "Wet" Ammo Rack Class 1 (12 votes [0.64%])

Percentage of vote: 0.64%

8. Improved Ventilation Class 2 (437 votes [23.48%])

Percentage of vote: 23.48%

9. Medium Spall Liner (9 votes [0.48%])

Percentage of vote: 0.48%

10. Enh. Torsion Bars 3t Class (6 votes [0.32%])

Percentage of vote: 0.32%

11. Toolbox (14 votes [0.75%])

Percentage of vote: 0.75%

12. Binocular Teslescope (31 votes [1.67%])

Percentage of vote: 1.67%

13. Camouflage Net (20 votes [1.07%])

Percentage of vote: 1.07%

What consumables do you use on the T-62A?

1. Extra Combat Rations (52 votes [2.81%])

Percentage of vote: 2.81%

2. Automatic Fire Extinguishers (209 votes [11.31%])

Percentage of vote: 11.31%

3. Large First Aid Kit (75 votes [4.06%])

Percentage of vote: 4.06%

4. Large Repair Kit (91 votes [4.92%])

Percentage of vote: 4.92%

5. Removed Speed Governor (27 votes [1.46%])

Percentage of vote: 1.46%

6. Lend-Lease Oil (16 votes [0.87%])

Percentage of vote: 0.87%

7. Small First Aid Kit (518 votes [28.03%])

Percentage of vote: 28.03%

8. Small Repair Kit (517 votes [27.98%])

Percentage of vote: 27.98%

9. Manual Fire Extinguishers (343 votes [18.56%])

Percentage of vote: 18.56%

Vote Hide poll

Judie #41 Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 11530 battles
  • [C-RAP] C-RAP
Im new with this tank and didnt play enough game with it but to be honest i like T54 more.

hidiho #42 Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18391 battles
Hi Guys,

Im about to finish my third crew skill and would like to get your opinions on what to do for my fourth!
Posted ImagePosted Image
Should i reskill all four using gold and really drive around with a super low repair skill for quite a while? Or maybe just reskill the gunner and loader as they dont have any sensible skills and need a perk to be somewhat useful. Finally there is the third option, which doesnt cost any gold but leaves me with two more or less useless firefighting skills! Do you guys have any other suggestions?

Please note that a full camo skill is important to me, if i want to dish out damage while being seen i take my french heavies :Smile_smile:.

HBox #43 Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:09 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 53818 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
im just beginning to like this tank its failings tended not to suit my play style
the sensitive tracks and weak armor makes it a very challenging tank to play

the gun despite its low damage potential is actually quite good and can mess up if not kill some larger more armored tanks
to balance the tank with my play i when back to basics with tier 1 and 2 tanks which force you in to looking after your tank in a more conservative way
this has also improved my play on other tanks like the t 21 which seems very similar in play

front line tank it is not but for hit and run its superb but the tracks do let it down somewhat

Mr_Burrows #44 Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 47166 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT
I have got a few games in it now, and sadly it seems it does not fit my playstyle. Sure, it is only 39 games, but at 41 % WR, it looks grim.
The problem with the T-62A is, as I see it, that in reality it is nothing more than a somewhat weaker T-54 with a slightly better gun. Mobility is worse, armour is worse (yes, it does matter as the T54 might actually bounce sometimes). ROF is better on the T-62A, but PEN and DMG is the same if you use prem ammo. (Yes, I do use prem ammo in my high tier vehicles).

All in all a vehicle that just do not seem to be my cup of tea. It will most likely end up being sold, but i will give it another few matches to see if I can learn to drive it.

PRO_MEMBER #45 Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:32 AM

Major

• Player
  • 21076 battles
  • [ICYA] ICYA

View Posthidiho, on 17 December 2012 - 08:28 PM, said:

Posted Image

I have the same skill-set as you, and I would take option 1. Clutch braking isn't as important, altough option 3 might be an interesting choice as well. Fires really are a problem with this tank.

Kbok #46 Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10006 battles

View Posthidiho, on 17 December 2012 - 08:28 PM, said:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Well I have a mixtures of your option 1 & 2 (more or less); the 1st 3 skills are like in your option 1, the 4th skills are as follow: recon, repair, clutch braking, repair

hidiho #47 Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:48 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18391 battles
Thanks for the replies!

View Postarbenowskee, on 19 December 2012 - 08:32 AM, said:

I have the same skill-set as you, and I would take option 1. Clutch braking isn't as important, altough option 3 might be an interesting choice as well. Fires really are a problem with this tank.

The only problem i see there is that the super low repair skill will hurt me from time to time.. Maybe I should equip a toolbox until the fourth skill is up to a reasonable level? I figured that clutch braking is more useful than off-road driving due to the super low ground resistance values of t-62a, but you are probably right it is not really necessary..
Regarding the firefighting skill, if i understand correctly it only lowers the damage "tick" a fire causes but does not reduce the probability of a fire breaking out, right? Given it would lower the probability, it might be really useful to include it in the crew setup!

View PostKbok, on 19 December 2012 - 12:13 PM, said:

Well I have a mixtures of your option 1 & 2 (more or less); the 1st 3 skills are like in your option 1, the 4th skills are as follow: recon, repair, clutch braking, repair

So you are already using this setup! How does it work out for you to have "only" two crewmen skilled in repair? Do you always use a repair kit if you get detracked? Why did you choose recon over situational awareness? I found that the viewports dont get damaged frequently and therefore thought that the 3% of situational awareness are superior to the 2% of recon..

Kbok #48 Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10006 battles

View Posthidiho, on 19 December 2012 - 12:48 PM, said:

So you are already using this setup! How does it work out for you to have "only" two crewmen skilled in repair? Do you always use a repair kit if you get detracked? Why did you choose recon over situational awareness? I found that the viewports dont get damaged frequently and therefore thought that the 3% of situational awareness are superior to the 2% of recon..

ad rapair: well, let´s say it´s ok (still slow, but better then without); I`m still using the kit while detracked and try not to stop moving and hide asap ;-)

ad recon: mine thought was, that situational awareness is just giving 1% more (4 meters more viewrange), while recon has one more bonus; beside that mine viewports are still getting damage quite often due to closed range combat &/or hull down position.

Edit:

ad toolbox: thought about using it too; to be honest, if you get detracked the 2nd time, you will probably die anyway; so wasting a slot for toolbox wasnt an option for me.

Edited by Kbok, 19 December 2012 - 01:53 PM.

PaddyOricK #49 Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29057 battles
I played 50 games with the T-62A so far and I find it very difficult to win with it. My winratio started bad, got better and then dropped again under 50% now being at a poor 45%. Somehow it seems easier for me to win in the E-50M or the M48A1. My playstyle is - as far as I can see - not the problem. I try to adapt to the pros and cons of the tanks as good as I can but still my impact on the outcome of the game is not as huge as I want it to be. Any suggestions or ideas? Or should I just wait and see where my winration is after a few hundret battles?

Mr_Burrows #50 Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:02 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 47166 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT
I just gave mine the final spin. It will be sold once the battle is over (yes, I died quickly...). The MM seems to be a bit harsh, in this last game I got matched against a JgPz100.
Once it is sold i will use the credits to get an unlimited supply of prem ammo for my T54. And for some reason it is way easier driving the T54 and be matched against an E75, than to drive the T-62A and be matched against an E100.

I am not saying this tank is bad, but I do feel it just is not for me.

Legault #51 Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 14706 battles

Wow, what? People shoot my bloody view ports every other match, lol.

And personally I think your 2nd options sucks. I'd go with the 1st just because I like BiA as it improves camo, mobility, gun efficiency, etc. I'd prioritize repairs over smooth ride/snapshot though. Even prev. maintenance goes before smooth ride for me, though that was more of a test.

DarkSQul #52 Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:35 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16040 battles
This tank really bad and paper.Every tanks penetrating t-62a armor.T71 pierced front armor to 200 meters away and burned.I'm really nervous.

Edited by DarkSQul, 20 December 2012 - 05:47 AM.

hidiho #53 Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:17 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18391 battles

View PostLegault, on 19 December 2012 - 11:00 PM, said:

Wow, what? People shoot my bloody view ports every other match, lol.

And personally I think your 2nd options sucks. I'd go with the 1st just because I like BiA as it improves camo, mobility, gun efficiency, etc. I'd prioritize repairs over smooth ride/snapshot though. Even prev. maintenance goes before smooth ride for me, though that was more of a test.

Well it hasnt happened that frequently to me! But on the other hand 1% more viewrange does not really make a difference.. Does anybody know what the penalty for a damaged viewport is and if Recon negates it completely?

Yeah it looks like the first option is the best call, however i really like Snap Shot and Smooth Ride as it grants you incredible accuracy on the move, so ill stick to them! Regarding Preventative Maintenance, does it actually reduce the number of times this tank is set on fire? The wiki says it affects the likelihood of an engine fire but i found that the gastanks are usually the ones causing a fire (Same difference? :Smile_amazed:). If it works against any kind of fire i would include it asap!

Atomic_Winter #54 Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 24906 battles
  • [IBAS] IBAS
yesterday after 5 straight losses and my wr dropping to 46% i realised I am not good enough for this tank.  Sold it :(  Every 10 game or so i perfect with 5000 or more damage and kills left and right, then I get another 9 really bad games.  Fore som reason i seem to deal som damage but beeing tier x I am not able to carry the team in any way and end up as a liabliity for the whole team...

BramSd #55 Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:30 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 13840 battles
We should open a channel ingame for 'pro' T-62A players to make it easier to form platoons. Give it a password and only give that password to players that are at least above average with their tanks.

Personally I struggle with the T-62A and my winrate on the tank has dropped below 50%. That just does not happen to me a lot. The only other tanks I have have that problem with are artillery and the JPE-100. A platoon full of good T-62A players might just lift my winratio above the 50% mark.

PRO_MEMBER #56 Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

Major

• Player
  • 21076 battles
  • [ICYA] ICYA

Regarding the firefighting skill, if i understand correctly it only lowers the damage "tick" a fire causes but does not reduce the probability of a fire breaking out, right? Given it would lower the probability, it might be really useful to include it in the crew setup!

Yeah, it reduces "tick" and fire is put out quicker. I was mentioning it as an interesting option because this is the only tank I've driven that got set on fire more than once a game and not just in 1 game. When I finish my 3rd skill I'll probably go with your option 1 (all or nothing :P).

Axel_Foley #57 Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 17770 battles
  • [ONKLZ] ONKLZ
Posted Image

Volccis #58 Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 12232 battles
  • [EFE] EFE

View PostBramSd, on 20 December 2012 - 10:30 AM, said:

Personally I struggle with the T-62A and my winrate on the tank has dropped below 50%. That just does not happen to me a lot. The only other tanks I have have that problem with are artillery and the JPE-100. A platoon full of good T-62A players might just lift my winratio above the 50% mark.

Thats because the tank is currently overrated. The DPM which is itself a huge problem as it needs VERY much support from your teammates to be able to use it and that doesn't exist most of time as solo.
So I know the problem isnt you and as you said, it definitely needs a platoon to be playable. Altought 2x batmans are better as they do raw 2-4k damage in 15s and the paper armor is only weakness against arties, T-62A hasnt that good armor against T8-10 tanks. Anyway T-62A tracks absorb more damage and you do those annoying 0% penetrations to it, but its not an advantage, just luck/bad design.

What comes to E-50M and Super Patton, I think they are both as good as T-62A, but somehow people always keep tellin "T-62A is the best medium, it has so good DPM/RoF". Its like tellin, Jpgz E-100 is the best TD, it has best alpha......
The fun fact that the reason why people are struggling in T-62A is the DPM (because of it, it has bad alpha) and bad gun depression so it cannot use the DPM. Also the module/crew damage is so insane but people dont mention that?

Of course it has good projectile speed and very good camo values, but as I have said, if you cannot deal damage from a range, it doesnt matter how high the camo value is.

View Posthidiho, on 20 December 2012 - 09:17 AM, said:

Regarding Preventative Maintenance, does it actually reduce the number of times this tank is set on fire?

I picked this after 10 matches when was burning for about 50/50 of time and few times 2x in a match. After 200 matches I rarely burn, or in fact I dont burn at all but my fuel is broken nearly in every match. Still doesnt burn, but what a fucking bad design that had to threw BIA away because of this motherfucking FLAME.

And yes, I sold my T-62A and bought Batman. Batchat itself is so much more fun to play that it was a wise choice, but its also 2x better (in my opinion)..... Anyway going to grind that T-62A back because its really good in medium rush in CW. Im just too lazy to make a huge credit farm so it will take long and the reason why I chose to grind extra 3 million credits was that. Too lazy to grind credits 5h per day and wanted that Batman immediately.

Legault #59 Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 14706 battles

View Posthidiho, on 20 December 2012 - 09:17 AM, said:

Well it hasnt happened that frequently to me! But on the other hand 1% more viewrange does not really make a difference.. Does anybody know what the penalty for a damaged viewport is and if Recon negates it completely?

Yeah it looks like the first option is the best call, however i really like Snap Shot and Smooth Ride as it grants you incredible accuracy on the move, so ill stick to them! Regarding Preventative Maintenance, does it actually reduce the number of times this tank is set on fire? The wiki says it affects the likelihood of an engine fire but i found that the gastanks are usually the ones causing a fire (Same difference? :Smile_amazed:). If it works against any kind of fire i would include it asap!
I can't really confirm, but it -feels- like prev. maintenance reduced fires. It still happens every few matches, but I haven't been set on fire twice in the same game since I got it. That happened quite often in my first 300-400 battles. I'm just happy I get more sniper medals than fuel tank fires now.  :Smile_smile:

And yes, this tank blows when it comes to carrying the mentally challenged to victory. It's a fun tank to play and deals a lot of damage, but if your idiotic teammates don't intend on winning it's just not gonna happen. Everything penetrates you, everything hits you, tracks will not absorb shots, your alpha sucks balls, artillery splash will wreck your modules and crew, and so on. It's way to fragile to duke it out with multiple enemies unless in a REALLY good position.

larsleo #60 Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:32 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 34695 battles
  • [A-P] A-P
I bought the T-62 and have a few games in it.. but i cant really get along with it..
I'm doing fine in the bat and the playstyle that comes along with it..I do quite good in the E50M..
But the T-62.. i cant figure out how to use it..

How to you play it do actually survive and manage to do something usefull in it..
Since ppl are doing quite good in it i cant blame the tank :D so it must be the driver.. -_-

57% win in bat and E50M..
really really low(31%) in the T-62A.. quite a bit below my avg...

Edited by larsleo, 25 December 2012 - 12:34 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users