Contest: None shall pass

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
89 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
Update 0.8.1 has just arrived, and the new British tech tree is waiting to be researched. Along with the new tanks we also have new competitions with huge prizes to be won, this even includes a trip to the Bovington Tank Museum in England for some lucky players!

Full news text

---------

Guys,

Just to clarify one thing.
The winners of this competition will receive a trip to the Bovington Tank Museum which means we will pay for your flight and hotel for the entire weekend.
The community trip to Bovington will be held on December 14-16

Edited by supercharge, 12 November 2012 - 01:34 PM.

adeptus33 #2 Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 27982 battles
Are people happy with a little, it has a lot to be happy about.

knightM #3 Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45898 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
This seems like really difficult competition actually, because british low tier tanks are paper so they get 1 shotted by howitzers even when using HE and those few that aren't (matilda,valentine) still have too low HP to survive a gold howitzer round.

Aerthryn #4 Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22206 battles
i must say i am bored to death of these contests where we only really qualify by coincidence..
i mean, sure, you do need to play a good game to survive that kind of situation but how many people actually feel they are in the running until they just so happen to have the opportunity dropped in their lap.
the previous epic medal contest proved to be ridiculous too

Arkhell #5 Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 16942 battles
hahaha the black knight good one :D

always love a good monthy python reference :D

Aerthryn #6 Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22206 battles

View PostArkhell, on 02 November 2012 - 03:40 PM, said:

hahaha the black knight good one :D

always love a good monthy python reference :D

you may enjoy this: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=nYrd5bVKm8U
i use this soundpack :)

Onikagemaru #7 Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23709 battles
  • [TKBS] TKBS
So if you win,but your native language is not supported, you can't go to bovington?

Aerthryn #8 Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22206 battles

View PostOnikagemaru, on 02 November 2012 - 03:46 PM, said:

So if you win,but your native language is not supported, you can't go to bovington?

it doesnt need to be your native language, it's the language in which you submit the entry

Murphy1up #9 Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

Lieutenant General

• Military Reserve
  • 11249 battles
  • [-QQ-] -QQ-

View PostOnikagemaru, on 02 November 2012 - 03:46 PM, said:

No, that's not the case and I'm sorry if there is any confusion for that. The game is officially supported in 6 languages.  English, Polish, Czech, German, French and Spanish.  
We have separate forum sections supporting those languages as well as separate sub forums for unsupported nations/languages.  For competitions like this, the EN/EU sections covers all other nations and languages.;

Logistically, it's not possible to have a space for every language and every country that may be spoken in Europe.

Everyone can enter this competition, however only 2 players from each region will be selected.

Rutger_NL #10 Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16565 battles
I´m Dutch and speak English, German and French. So i can submit for 3 languages... (or use a translator and do it for all)

Cause it really is unfair for the English (speakers) since there is the biggest player pool to sumit for.

Arkhell #11 Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 16942 battles

View PostAerthryn, on 02 November 2012 - 03:41 PM, said:

you may enjoy this: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=nYrd5bVKm8U
i use this soundpack :)

haha the "bring out your dead" allmost made me break my funny bone :) good one might install it

ps. have a plus on me... damn monthy python haters!

Edited by Arkhell, 02 November 2012 - 04:33 PM.

Murphy1up #12 Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:37 PM

Lieutenant General

• Military Reserve
  • 11249 battles
  • [-QQ-] -QQ-

View PostRutger_NL, on 02 November 2012 - 04:25 PM, said:

I´m Dutch and speak English, German and French. So i can submit for 3 languages... (or use a translator and do it for all)

Cause it really is unfair for the English (speakers) since there is the biggest player pool to sumit for.

You can't win it twice.  And we'll be checking for multiple entries. Sadly it's not possible to offer winning slots for different language groups on a proportionate basis.  We simply wanted to have 2 from each region.

Saying it's unfair because there is more players, well you can say that about any competition we do.

ludde #13 Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8505 battles

View PostEctar, on 02 November 2012 - 03:56 PM, said:

No, that's not the case and I'm sorry if there is any confusion for that. The game is officially supported in 6 languages.  English, Polish, Czech, German, French and Spanish.  
We have separate forum sections supporting those languages as well as separate sub forums for unsupported nations/languages.  For competitions like this, the EN/EU sections covers all other nations and languages.;

Logistically, it's not possible to have a space for every language and every country that may be spoken in Europe.

Everyone can enter this competition, however only 2 players from each region will be selected.
Why split the competition in different language groups?
Because the English group will be the biggest by far, can i choose to submit as the grp that i think will be the smallest?

GhostDK #14 Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 19919 battles
So how about if you are a dane? Do you submit to english???

And thats a lie ectar. If the competition is to make most kills(8-15) it does not have anything to do about how many players theres is :)

Murphy1up #15 Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

Lieutenant General

• Military Reserve
  • 11249 battles
  • [-QQ-] -QQ-

View Postludde, on 02 November 2012 - 04:46 PM, said:

Why split the competition in different language groups?
Because the English group will be the biggest by far, can i choose to submit as the grp that i think will be the smallest?

We if you decide to tag your entry as from the French community, and hypothetically you win, when you're contacted by the French team they won't be speaking English to you.

View PostGhostDK, on 02 November 2012 - 04:52 PM, said:

So how about if you are a dane? Do you submit to english???

And thats a lie ectar. If the competition is to make most kills(8-15) it does not have anything to do about how many players theres is :)

If you're a Dane and you speak Polish, Czech, French, German or Spanish, you can submit your entry for the Polish, Czech, French, German or Spanish region.

Regarding your second point, you've missed the conversation a bit. Ludde is claiming it's harder for him to win the competition than someone from the French section, because there is less French players or people who only speak French, than are players who speak English.
My reply is that no matter what our competitions are, the English speaking playerbase will always have lots more entries because that's the most common spoken language on our forums.  It's impossible to exclude players who don't speak English.

Player's are free to submit their entry for whatever supported language they feel they belong to.  Please be aware however that winners of each category will be contacted by their respective Community Members. This means that someone claiming to belong to the French Community who can't speak French (and therefor doesn't actually take part in the French Community) will not be considered a winner and their entry would be void.

Each supported language will have 2 winners. That way each supported language has guaranteed winners and is included.

Multiple submissions will not be accepted.  Each player should only submit one entry and we will be checking all entries for that.  If you play a match then see you have a better game, I'd recommend not submitting your entry until you're sure you're not going to try for more.

Vaiperr #16 Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5439 battles
This would be awesome if I didn't live 15 minutes away from the museum ;3

Ronineter #17 Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 18024 battles
  • [READ] READ
I like that date that it takes place, Minecon building contest connects perfectly with this because it ends November the 7th! Finaly something that doesn't come across each other! Cant play wot untill that date.

fnaves_POR #18 Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 61720 battles

View PostVaiperr, on 02 November 2012 - 05:24 PM, said:

This would be awesome if I didn't live 15 minutes away from the museum ;3
Lucky you.....  ;)

Onikagemaru #19 Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23709 battles
  • [TKBS] TKBS

View PostEctar, on 02 November 2012 - 03:56 PM, said:

Thanks for claryfing that,EN poll for me then :P

NEMESIS #20 Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 18998 battles
  • [-AA-] -AA-
Ok so the prize of the contest is just fabulous any player would definitely love to win the prize but unfortunately the way winners are selected leaves much to be desired, as always.

My request is , can you please stop this crap where theres reserved prizes for different communities be them german, polish ,french or whatever, this is plain stupid, obviously in the English category it will be the hardest to win because every other player that doesn`t speak any of those languages will be put in the loser`s pot where there`ll have at least 10 times fewer chances of winning.

So the obvious question arises, whats to stop me from entering my entry in the german or french section instead of english so i stand much much better chance of winning?

I know this should go without saying but i see myself having to say this :
You should put all the winning slots together in the same pool and all players from all regions should compete for all the prizes in that pool otherwise its really unfair to all the guys that apply in the english pool.

Edited by NEMESIS, 02 November 2012 - 06:44 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users