T2 Light Tank (Premium)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
95 replies to this topic

RegularLogic #21 Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Diplomat
  • 38507 battles

View Posttapir, on 10 November 2012 - 08:05 PM, said:

This tank has single purpose. It is fast passive scout useful in champion and absolute TC

Yes, because you use a T2 instead of a Batmobile in absolute...

Khitan #22 Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36526 battles
Oh come on! This is the tank where you judge its success on how many circuits of the map you can do, and it only counts if you drive through the enemy flag.
You get extra points if you can be chased by 3 enemy tanks at the same time (a sort of reverse lemming train).

Its not going to make you rich but who cares?

VeryRisky #23 Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

General

• Player
  • 17390 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
The correct stat is what is the total number and cost of the shells that the enemy fired at you before bringing you down.

knoxySR #24 Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7472 battles

View PostVeryRisky, on 15 January 2013 - 02:15 PM, said:

The correct stat is what is the total number and cost of the shells that the enemy fired at you before bringing you down.

Tier 2 = 3
Tier 3 = 2
Tier 4 = One shot

VeryRisky #25 Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

General

• Player
  • 17390 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostknoxySR, on 15 January 2013 - 06:40 PM, said:

Tier 2 = 3
Tier 3 = 2
Tier 4 = One shot

If you were moving it would be a lot more than that....I didn't mean hits, you see.  It's just great to see the chaos when you blast through their lines at high speed.

knoxySR #26 Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7472 battles

View PostVeryRisky, on 15 January 2013 - 07:12 PM, said:

If you were moving it would be a lot more than that....I didn't mean hits, you see.  It's just great to see the chaos when you blast through their lines at high speed.

It is but in random games your team never ever takes advantage of this, they will sit in a bush or on a hill regardless and do nothing lol

VeryRisky #27 Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

General

• Player
  • 17390 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
The other day I sat in my wreck to see two Hummels being taken out one after the other  :Smile_trollface-3:

Really the onus is on you to wait and make sure there is somone to take advantage of your run behind.  But mostly if you're scouting around and get a group of them  the easiest way to run is straight ahead........

Cyk0 #28 Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 4172 battles
Eh it would be really OP if it had lower matchmaking. It already has 51.07% global win-rating

Sure t4 can only be killed by but rushing but that is what you are supposed to do whit this tank anyway, and with the introduction of the brits there are plenty of tanks that you can rip to pieces even from longer ranges.

During my first ~80 matches with it the higher MM didn't exist then I had 70 something % win rate. Sure It is a bit harder in t4 but you are far from useless, I still average 1,4 kills per match and have a 62% win rating. (It started going back up after the brits were included)

knoxySR #29 Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:54 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7472 battles
I dont know how it would be OP at all because other then its 70kph top speed its not got a whole lot going for it. Everything pens it even british auto canons, its canon is worse then the pzII's and wont pen a pzII from the front unless selective firing, it does minimal dmg to the side and full at the rear, after 340m its gun dose not work and has a 8 second reload, the gun also stuggles to pen most tier 3 tanks unless you are right beside them. Its radio is uelss you would be better of posting a letter and getting the mail man to deliver it to youe team mates.

It cant hurt any french tank from any side, iv sat shoot at all weakspots agesnt an afk h35. Its turn rate when moving is horrid, the only place it has a good turn at speed is on himmelsdorf where it does not matter anyway and the wosrt thing about it by a mile is the tracks, this thing throws tracks like no other in the game, they must have nerf'd the shit out of it because its pretty shit tank to play, alot of fun but just shit unless its agesnt tier 2, at tier 4 all u can do is maybe hunt arty witch its good at

Cyk0 #30 Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 4172 battles

View PostknoxySR, on 23 January 2013 - 06:54 AM, said:

I dont know how it would be OP at all because other then its 70kph top speed its not got a whole lot going for it. Everything pens it even british auto canons, its canon is worse then the pzII's and wont pen a pzII from the front unless selective firing, it does minimal dmg to the side and full at the rear, after 340m its gun dose not work and has a 8 second reload, the gun also stuggles to pen most tier 3 tanks unless you are right beside them. Its radio is uelss you would be better of posting a letter and getting the mail man to deliver it to youe team mates.

It cant hurt any french tank from any side, iv sat shoot at all weakspots agesnt an afk h35. Its turn rate when moving is horrid, the only place it has a good turn at speed is on himmelsdorf where it does not matter anyway and the wosrt thing about it by a mile is the tracks, this thing throws tracks like no other in the game, they must have nerf'd the shit out of it because its pretty shit tank to play, alot of fun but just shit unless its agesnt tier 2, at tier 4 all u can do is maybe hunt arty witch its good at

As the stats server wide indicate it is a good tank even when thrown into plenty of tier 4 games, and this is the reason it has been bumped up to tier four game (it used to be lower).

I realize that you maybe simply want to troll noobs since you have a majority of your battles in the PzKpfw S35 739 (f), the big difference between them is that with the T2 LT you pick your engagements. Unless you are killing of Brits you should not be firing at range or from the front you should be using your speed to tear up isolated and or damaged enemies.

When you are matched low (Which would happen allot more if they removed tier 4) you are almost guaranteed a killing spree since the combination of highest top speed in the game a fast firing autocannon and a drum with enough ammo to take out tanks in one go, means that opposing tanks (except for the BT2s) are sitting ducks. Sure h35 are a pain to pen it can be done, but not in a practical way since even if you aim at the correct angle from short range onto the right spot only some of your rounds penetrate, luckily for the T2 LT it is fast enough to choose its own engagements so it doesn't have to fight the H35 except under special conditions.

In higher tier games you have to play it like a vulture, pick of injured tanks with your speed and magazine. If you can be successfully with the amx 12t or the amx 75 you should have no trouble with the T2 LT even in higher games.

But in short, stats speak. It is still a good tank and apparently enough players are preforming good with it to pull the stats up high. If it was to be brought back down to its previous MM it would rise even higher and more new player would get angry with the games since they would be killed by trolling players flying past them in super fast tanks  and killing them with a single mag.

VeryRisky #31 Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

General

• Player
  • 17390 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
It has a bloody long learing curve.  My overall stats aren't great but I am getting better with it and it does have some epic games.

On Monday we had fought throught the town fromt he south on Mines and were mopping up but there was a red capping and our last tank close to the base had died.  I gunned the T2LT, spayed on PzII on the hill and cam in full tilt agains the AT-1 at the base.  He didn't know what had hit him.

SqTH #32 Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16520 battles
I feel like i never have problems playing it...
And when facing higher tier tanks, i use my brain.

57% win ratio over 500 battles.

Annihilism #33 Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 11412 battles
  • [XCOM] XCOM

View PostSqTH, on 23 January 2013 - 05:45 PM, said:

I feel like i never have problems playing it...
And when facing higher tier tanks, i use my brain.

57% win ratio over 500 battles.

The same thing can be said for any tank..

It still doesn't change the fact that the matchmaking for this tank is ridicilous. It's not OP in any way since it has NO armor and any Tier 1/2/3/ can shoot straight through it, the tank has almost no hitpoints and the only thing it has going for it is the speed, but so has the BT-2 and that tank has a better mm and a better gun...

This tank needs to see tier 3 max, it is just no fun and absolutely pointless for this tank to meet tier iv. Sometimes I even have games where i am the only tier 2 in the entire match (and thats without platoon). Really WG?

It is also the only Premium tank in the entire game that actually has a higher matchmaking than its non premium countparts. On paper this tank looks great, but if you don't visit wotwiki and check the MM you are in for quite a nasty surprise when you find out what horrible matchmaking this tank has.

I truly have no clue why this tank should have the stupid matchmaking it has atm..

unreal95 #34 Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1499 battles
Play it as a scout, !

SqTH #35 Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16520 battles
To ALL the whiners of the MM of that tank :Watch and L2P

http://mwreplays.com/newreplaysimg/3e6e449d96d844e9ace02c6466d974fe.png

Von_Luger #36 Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12572 battles
Hi, I do not own the T2 Light tank, but I have played with it. In tier 4 it is basically useless. In tier 2 and tier 3 it can do it's job. I believe, that all tier 2 and 3 light and medium tanks [except the Soviet ones surprisingly] have quite bad MM. I do not know about the tier 3 French[German actually] TD and tier 4 SPG. However I can give you a few examples with other premium vehicles:

For instance: the tier 3 Pz.Kpfw. S35 739(f) German trophy tank gets into tier 5 battles almost all of the time, where it does absolutely nothing. The B2 has the same tier 2 gun as the S35, but gets into tier 4 battles at max. On the other hand, the Soviet T-127 got only in tier 4 battles at max, while being a tier 3 light tank. I suggest that we make a poll about this question, concerning low-tiered tanks, which are made for Fun, to have their MM reduced by 1 tier. That will encourage the sales of low-tiered vehicles, since more people can afford them, and since they are low-tiered, they will not cause imbalance to the gameplay. I am talking about tier 2, 3 and 4 tanks. Tier 5 vehicles can be used for crew training.

krazypenguin #37 Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

Major

• Player
  • 27097 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostKhitan, on 15 January 2013 - 01:29 PM, said:

Oh come on! This is the tank where you judge its success on how many circuits of the map you can do, and it only counts if you drive through the enemy flag.
You get extra points if you can be chased by 3 enemy tanks at the same time (a sort of reverse lemming train).

Its not going to make you rich but who cares?

THIS ^^

Once managed 2 complete circuits of the enitre map in Malinovka (Campinovka) in my T2 LT....was laughing so much....

VeryRisky #38 Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

General

• Player
  • 17390 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postkrazypenguin, on 21 February 2013 - 06:50 PM, said:

THIS ^^

Once managed 2 complete circuits of the enitre map in Malinovka (Campinovka) in my T2 LT....was laughing so much....

Alas the turning circle at top speed probably explains how you came to do this  :Smile_smile:

krazypenguin #39 Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

Major

• Player
  • 27097 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostVeryRisky, on 21 February 2013 - 06:57 PM, said:

Alas the turning circle at top speed probably explains how you came to do this  :Smile_smile:

Too true...  :Smile-hiding:

nielsje #40 Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30487 battles
  • [NLWGG] NLWGG
well i got 337 battles in it with 57% winrate and i dont see tier 4 matches much its just a funny tank and in tier 4 its a scout a scout doesnt rlly hav to have a gun if u use it in the right way...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users