Famous Quotes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

MrPayne343i #1 Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:07 AM

Private

• Player
  • 3217 battles
Yesterday, December seventh, 1941, a date which will live in infamy, the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan.

-President Franklin D. Roosevelt

It is no use saying, 'We are doing our best.' You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.

-Winston Churchill

Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.

-Winston Churchill

You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.
-Winston Churchill

Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

-John F. Kennedy

All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope.

-Winston Churchill

"Real life super heroes exist; they walk among us every day, ready to defend our great nation and it's citizens in a moment's notice they are husbands, fathers, brothers, and sons capable of staring death in the face, and still come home to rock their newborn infant to sleep in the same day"

"This kind of warrior cannot be manufactured or purchased. They are born into this life, blessed with higher sense of purpose, and the understanding of exactly what their fate may hold. We chose to share this life with them, because we would rather love an extraordinary man for a brief moment, than spend a lifetime with a man far more ordinary"

"You can never be prepared for certain life events in life, they change you and their consequences turn your world upside down. Meeting your husband's casket as he makes his final journey home. The prospect of raising your children alone. Living the rest of your days without the one person that loved you unconditionally and never let you down. In truth, these men never let anyone down, which is why they are no longer here today."

"These amazing warriors chose to spend their brief but amazing lives with us. We raise their children. We honor and remember them, we live in the present and we look to the future. They knew we would have the strength to carry on in the face of tragedy, and to become stronger, more amazing versions of ourselves. They knew we would never be defined by their passing, but inspired by their memory to live more fully and to make each we are given count."

-Medal of Honor Warfighter Ending Quotes

Frederick the Great:

Original: "Die Artillerie, verleiht dem vulgären Gemetzel Würde!"

Translation: "Artillery adds dignity, to what would otherwise be an ugly brawl"

Erwin Rommel:

Original: "Vergießt Schweiß - aber kein Blut."

Translation: "Spill sweat, but no blood."

Napoleon Bonaparte:

Translation: "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."

Friedrich Nietzsche:

Original: "Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker."

Translation: "That which does not kill me makes me stronger."

Arthur Wellesley:

Original: "Give me night or give me Blucher"

"The aim is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - Gen. George S. Patton

"Wars are not fought to see who is right, but who is left." - proverb

"Some say that empires that are built on the sword are built on sand. If this is true, the sand under the Roman empire must have been very densely packed." - Robert A. Heinlein, "Starship Troopers"

"What is best in life? To hunt down the enemy, to kill him, and to hear the lamentation of his women." - Conan the Barbarian

Make love, not war. Aristophanes

Feel free to ask me to add a quote to this if you feel it necessary, Also try to make them from ACTUAL famous people and not Pseudo-Famous people.

Edited by MrPayne343i, 08 November 2012 - 05:44 PM.

SirWili #2 Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:56 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25830 battles
  • [WOOF] WOOF
Aristophanes - Make love, not war.

OIias_of_Sunhillow #3 Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:00 AM

Major

• Player
  • 24387 battles
"Where did all them effin' indians come from ?"
General Custer.

LostSpider #4 Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 22504 battles
"the only good arty is a dead arty"

General Custer

wait, he may have said indian instead of arty

Peo01 #5 Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:47 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13169 battles
Frederick the Great:
Original: "Die Artillerie, verleiht dem vulgären Gemetzel Würde!"
Translation: "Artillery adds dignity, to what would otherwise be an ugly brawl"

Erwin Rommel:
Original: "Vergießt Schweiß - aber kein Blut."
Translation: "Spill sweat, but no blood."

NapoleonBonaparte:
Translation: "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."

Friedrich Nietzsche:
Original: "Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker."
Translation: "That which does not kill me makes me stronger."

Arthur Wellesley:
Original: "Give me night or give me Blucher"

algis242 #6 Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10474 battles
"We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and if, which I do not for a moment believe, this island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old."

Winston Churchill

"I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly."

Winston Churchill

"Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

Winston Churchill

Edited by algis242, 05 November 2012 - 10:11 PM.

Catarraz #7 Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13287 battles
Not that I'm complaining or anything, but I think Churchill has been quoted to death in these forums...

Grand_Moff_Tano #8 Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:02 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 1762 battles
  • [BC28] BC28
Darth Vader: "Luke, I am your Father!"

Ben Kenobi: "Use the force Luke"

Captain Picard: "Engage!"

"I hate Pizza" - No one Ever

Edited by Mr_Chipmunk, 06 November 2012 - 12:19 AM.

MrPayne343i #9 Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:39 AM

Private

• Player
  • 3217 battles

View PostUMM, on 05 November 2012 - 08:24 PM, said:

Not that I'm complaining or anything, but I think Churchill has been quoted to death in these forums...
Winston Churchill is one of the few best leaders in the world so he deserves a ton of respect for his courage in the face of overwhelming odds, during World War II he was the best motivation the British had left since HMS Hood was sunk trying to destroy the Bismarck, so basically Winston Churchill is one of the few respected leaders and politicians in the Second World War.

Technocrat_Prime #10 Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 30963 battles
  • [-TCC-] -TCC-
"The aim is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - Gen. George S. Patton

"Wars are not fought to see who is right, but who is left." - proverb

"Some say that empires that are built on the sword are built on sand. If this is true, the sand under the Roman empire must have been very densely packed." - Robert A. Heinlein, "Starship Troopers"

"What is best in life? To hunt down the enemy, to kill him, and to hear the lamentation of his women." - Conan the Barbarian

ilosz #11 Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14315 battles
  • [HOI] HOI
"America took me into her bosom when there was no longer a country worthy of the name, but in my heart I am German - German in my soul."
Marlene Dietrich

"As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice."
Adolf Hitler

"Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one."
John Lennon

"No matter who you are, no matter what you did, no matter where you've come from, you can always change, become a better version of yourself."
Madonna

Cuddly_Spider #12 Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

Major

• Player
  • 28311 battles
"I now truly believe it is impossible for me to make a bad movie." -Jean Claude Van Damme.

"And there's no doubt in my mind, not one doubt in my mind, that we will fail." -George W Bush

"The machine gun is a much over rated weapon..." Douglas Haig, 1915

Also...

"...I am all for using aeroplanes and tanks, but they are only accessories to the man and the horse, and I feel that as time goes on you will find just as much use for the horse - the well bred horse - as you ever have in the past." - Douglas Haig, 1925.

Don't forget your poppies folks!

punishersal #13 Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

Mēneša cilvēks, marts 2012

• Player
  • 17698 battles
Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.

Odd objects attract fire. You are odd.

Wookie87 #14 Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 2785 battles
When a woman says no she means no! When a man says yes he probably didn't understand the question... - Bill Bailey.

You didn't say how famous, did you?  :Smile-hiding:

Edited by Wookie87, 06 November 2012 - 08:31 PM.

MrPayne343i #15 Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:49 AM

Private

• Player
  • 3217 battles

View PostWookie87, on 06 November 2012 - 08:31 PM, said:

When a woman says no she means no! When a man says yes he probably didn't understand the question... - Bill Bailey.

You didn't say how famous, did you?  :Smile-hiding:
Presidents, Military, Etc.

Edited by MrPayne343i, 07 November 2012 - 09:50 AM.

Grand_Moff_Tano #16 Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:54 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 1762 battles
  • [BC28] BC28
Why's rum gone? - Captain Jack Sparrow

He_from_Norway_ #17 Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:21 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 23962 battles
''it bouched off''- World of tanks commander

Grand_Moff_Tano #18 Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 1762 battles
  • [BC28] BC28
"Now then! Now then!"

LostSpider #19 Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 22504 battles
Roses are red.
Violets are blue.
My gold shells are waiting for you.

......................................................... Homer

Supernashwan #20 Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9497 battles
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable. Hunter S. Thompson

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. George Carlin

Take the American dream to bed and one of these days you'll wake up dead. Carter USM  :Smile_Default:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users