Crusader outclassed by other tier 5's ?

Crusader tier5 british tanks 8.1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
585 replies to this topic

Retrowar #41 Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:10 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13732 battles
well, today i bought and drove few rounds in Crusader and one thing i must note is that he is light/medium hybrid. It has active camo as light and speed and manuverability as medium so i play it accordingly and i'm suprised how well it performs. My conclusio is: train crew with camo skill, put camo net, rammer and vent and use it to make suprise ambush. I tell this as today A13 didnt noticed me until he drove right past me as i was entirely in a bush. However to offset this it's best gun has 0,41 acc per 100m. With this in mind you can use it to do great things.

RNGsama #42 Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:45 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 40593 battles
  • [MACE] MACE
Crusader is my one and only Tier V tank right now, and I keep it for the reason that it's just so much fun.
Gun depression is just lol, at -12 degrees there isn't a slope you can't shoot over. This tank is about support, support with insane dpm and rof. Let other tanks engage the enemy first, find a hill or mound to hide behind and just plink away at their hp. Doesn't matter if they turn to hit you, this tank's profile is infinitesimal when hull down (it's almost as if it has no turret).

Even though I haven't had that many great games (I blame mm), it's still very fun when I get my share of 1500 damage in a single battle.

X1376 #43 Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 29653 battles
  • [EHW] EHW
If Crusader's top gun is having defacto same values as T-34 ZiS gun, then the only reason why people can complain about this tank is hidden in themselves.

I am at A13 yet, but I am fully with Azakow's assesments based on my experience with T-34, PzIII/V, PzIV and M4.

TheMuffinPirate #44 Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:41 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9504 battles

View Postazakow, on 11 November 2012 - 05:13 PM, said:

This topic is not about hatred one or the other players develops while playing this vehicle.
It is about putting this vehicle into perseptive to the other LT/MT 5.

I assume the problems that lead to your conclusion reside not with the vehicle, but with the play style of commander at the keyboard.

A different play style is needed and will persist for the whole UK MT line until the end.
I recommend to adjust early in order to complete this grind successfuly and to prevent further disappointment.

I'm glad to see that for the most part this topic has attracted an abundance of reasonable and well though out responses.
You're quite right. The aim of this topic was not for people to start flaming at the tank. I've seen plenty of people, recently myself included, have good games in this tank. But rather was created for people to debate over what new things this tank can offer that were not already available from existing tanks.

I'd like to personally thank you azakow, I can see that you've contributed greatly to this topic.
Also a shout out to:
Kyphe, Cimex1105, Costarring and Nechrom.
I've found all of your posts both insightful and helpful. Sorry if I missed off anyone. I haven't checked this topic for a while, I wasn't expecting so many responses. Thanks  :Smile_Default:

Edited by TheMuffinPirate, 13 November 2012 - 11:48 PM.

Sinclare #45 Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:29 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 11410 battles

View PostTheMuffinPirate, on 13 November 2012 - 11:41 PM, said:

I'm glad to see that for the most part this topic has attracted an abundance of reasonable and well though out responses.
You're quite right. The aim of this topic was not for people to start flaming at the tank. I've seen plenty of people, recently myself included, have good games in this tank. But rather was created for people to debate over what new things this tank can offer that were not already available from existing tanks.

I'd like to personally thank you azakow, I can see that you've contributed greatly to this topic.
Also a shout out to:
Kyphe, Cimex1105, Costarring and Nechrom.
I've found all of your posts both insightful and helpful. Sorry if I missed off anyone. I haven't checked this topic for a while, I wasn't expecting so many responses. Thanks  :Smile_Default:

excuse me but what the hell can an armorless slow relative huge tank with a BB gun offer? How to die fast from one shot? How to not be able:
- to cruise,
- to retreat,
- to get soon to the spotting points,
- to bounce of shots
- to cause real damage
- to penetrate KV1 side/back
- to be an easy prey to Tier2 tanks?

thanks, no.

DanB24 #46 Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:12 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6229 battles
  • [-FMP-] -FMP-

View PostSinclare, on 15 November 2012 - 01:29 AM, said:

excuse me but what the hell can an armorless slow relative huge tank with a BB gun offer? How to die fast from one shot? How to not be able:
- to cruise,
- to retreat,
- to bounce of shots
- to cause real damage

thanks, no.
It's not huge it's tiny.

and

1: Yes it can,
2: Yes it can,
3: It's not a scout but it has superb camo,
4: Don't get shot then,
5: Have you seen the rate of fire from the 6 pdr? You can get multiple shots off to the enemies one.
6: Yes it can.
7: It doesn't face tanks as low down as tier 2 and if it did then it would have them for breakfast.

:Smile_Default:

azakow #47 Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:52 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 79627 battles

View PostSinclare, on 15 November 2012 - 01:29 AM, said:

- to cruise,
- to retreat,
- to bounce of shots
- to cause real damage

thanks, no.
As said before in reply to your statments it is all about play style. It seems very hard for you to use this vehicle differently from the others in your garage.

You are asking what this tank can offer? Let me answer this from my experience.
- 720+ damage per battle
- 3+/- detected per battle
- a very good gun depression and a very small turret
- the height and width of a VK1602 Leopard (LT4)
- the camo attributes of an LT vehicle
- high RoF and DpM gun
- 3 crew -> fast training
- a very good MM

Which other LT/MT5 vehicles offer such combination?
Not very many from my experience. For the argument let's look at them.

damage per battle
- M24 Chaffee, VK2801, T-50-2, AMX ELC excel
- T-34 is compareable
- other MT5 fall behind

detects per battle
- other LT5 excel
- other MT5 fall behind

gun depression
- all LT/MT5 fall behind or have a giant turret in comparison

vehicle height and width
- the AMX ELC excels
- all others fail in one or the other

LT camo attributes
- all LT are compareable
- all MT fall behind

high RoF and DpM
- VK2801 and M24 Chaffee excel in DpM
- T-50-2, T-34 is compareable
- other MT5 and AMX ELC fall behind

crew training
- AMX ELC excels
- all other fall behind

MM
- LT5 are much worse
- MT5 are compareable

Please note that I have not looked at the vehicles armor at all. This was done because other LT/MT5 can't rely on that either. Dedicated players will be able to make use of angeling, hull down, ... and gain an advantage from it.
I assume the majority of players in this tier not to make use of such. I may be wrong.

Also I like to add, that this vehicle is as difficult to master as the other LT5.

NoRealNick #48 Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13127 battles

View Postazakow, on 11 November 2012 - 12:11 PM, said:

Sure the T-34 and ZiS gun has better DpM than Crusader!
My wrong.

Offtopic
Spoiler                     

easy: you have ventilation, or gunrammer installed? the hovering stats are the real time stats, where as the sheat stats are stats only with a 100% crew.

View PostKyphe, on 11 November 2012 - 03:39 PM, said:

You don't need much mobility, the T34 has not got it either and has terrible aim time, I can just out shoot them with a bit of rocking and lose less than 50%hp on a bad day..

if the t34 moves he cant hit you at all, where as you can move just enough to force his turret to move which also messes his aim up, and still hit him every time.

T34 zis4 has two values 17.65x85 which is a DPM of 1500.25 and 26.1x85 which is 2218.5, not sure but could be the two turrets, the T34 has 400hp
crusader 6pdr/L50 has 27.27x75 giving a 2045.25 DPM and the crusader has 450hp

Generally both have to hit each other between 5 and 6 times unless they start a fire, 5.25 shots for the T34 to kill a crusader and 5.33 shots for a crusader to kill a t34

Crusader fires 5 shots in 11 seconds

T34 fires 5 shots in 17 seconds or 11.49 seconds

whomever fires first wins presuming no misses or bounces, The crusader has the light moving camo bonus the crusader is more likely to get the first shot off.

T34 tends to be dangerous to a crusader when the crusader is not able to stand and fight due to risk of other tanks shooting, as the crusader is not fast enough to find cover from the T34s fire or avoid it when retreating.

but the same can be said in reverse.

1. your right T-34 has a terrible aiming time of 2.3 sec compared to the 2.3 of the crusader, not to mention that in those 2.3 sec the crusader only gets 0.41 acc whereas the T-34 gets 0.34. So i have to ask: How can the T-34 have worst aiming when he aims as fast and in this time like 2times better then the crusader. You know higher accuracy figures means less accurate.

2. your 2nd figures are wrong too. T-34 has with second turret like the crusader 450 hp. The T-34 can mount its 57mm in the stock turret though whereas the Crusader can t do that. So we are comparing Elite T-34 vs. Elite Crusader. Now calculate it through again. But keep in mind, that at over 100meters the AP loses Pen so if the T-34 stands right it can get over 100mm armour which can be tough to penetrate. But in defend of the crusader i have to say its turret sides are a tough nut too, with the exeption that you can have a unlucky bounce that bounces right into your ammorack ;-)

So you have 2045,25 of the Crusader vs. 2217,65 of the T-34. both at 450 hp the T-34 has to hit 5,3 vs. 6 times in avg., 7,04 vs. 8,03 worst and 4.25 vs. 4.79 at best damage roles. now both are aiming as fast as the other one, but the crusader is slightly faster fireing, so to completly aim he hat to wait longer than the T-34 where as the T-34 aims in those 2.3 sec. better then the crusader he has a better chance to hit or hit better.

but that are not the facts that worries me. it is more like every time i m in a T7 game i think, mh T-34 could probably have done better, due to better pen, more DPM and higher TopSpeed.

Edited by NoRealNick, 15 November 2012 - 12:27 PM.

azakow #49 Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:51 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 79627 battles
Sure, vents installed.
Here I am learning again. :facepalmic:

A pitty that I do not have any experience on T-34, and will not have in the near future. I recently had rebought the  Pz3/4 for the master badge and was quite impressed by it's abilities, of course fully pimped and crew in upper 3rd skill training.

I'm saying this because my experience is that the agility and top speed of a vehicle promotes the feeling of "being better", rather than the slower less agile.

Kyphe #50 Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 16253 battles

View PostNoRealNick, on 15 November 2012 - 12:13 PM, said:

easy: you have ventilation, or gunrammer installed? the hovering stats are the real time stats, where as the sheat stats are stats only with a 100% crew.

1. your right T-34 has a terrible aiming time of 2.3 sec compared to the 2.3 of the crusader, not to mention that in those 2.3 sec the crusader only gets 0.41 acc whereas the T-34 gets 0.34. So i have to ask: How can the T-34 have worst aiming when he aims as fast and in this time like 2times better then the crusader. You know higher accuracy figures means less accurate.

2. your 2nd figures are wrong too. T-34 has with second turret like the crusader 450 hp. The T-34 can mount its 57mm in the stock turret though whereas the Crusader can t do that. So we are comparing Elite T-34 vs. Elite Crusader. Now calculate it through again. But keep in mind, that at over 100meters the AP loses Pen so if the T-34 stands right it can get over 100mm armour which can be tough to penetrate. But in defend of the crusader i have to say its turret sides are a tough nut too, with the exeption that you can have a unlucky bounce that bounces right into your ammorack ;-)

So you have 2045,25 of the Crusader vs. 2217,65 of the T-34. both at 450 hp the T-34 has to hit 5,3 vs. 6 times in avg., 7,04 vs. 8,03 worst and 4.25 vs. 4.79 at best damage roles. now both are aiming as fast as the other one, but the crusader is slightly faster fireing, so to completly aim he hat to wait longer than the T-34 where as the T-34 aims in those 2.3 sec. better then the crusader he has a better chance to hit or hit better.

but that are not the facts that worries me. it is more like every time i m in a T7 game i think, mh T-34 could probably have done better, due to better pen, more DPM and higher TopSpeed.

You quote one hidden stat yet close your eyes to others, no where does wargaming tell you about the extra 50hp unless you equip the turret, which I have not done for a long time and forgot, not in the tech tree or in the wiki.

real aim time depends on a lot of factors, one of which is how big the aim circle gets during moment, as that governs how far the circle has to reduce before you can hit anything.

often you do not need to wait till the circle is fully reduced to fire, but the bigger the circle the longer it takes till the circle gets to a useful chance to hit size.

then you have the soft stat of sensitivity to movement of the aim circle, how quickly it gets bigger when accelerating or turning hull or turret.

in the crusader i was able to hit a running elc on the move 6 times in the row to finish it off.

T34 is sluggish, it takes far to long for my taste to get to its top speed for it to utilize that speed effectively  as it has less horse power per ton and the extra 2mm pen of the zis4 is not even worth mentioning as it gives no perceptible improvement on performance.

then ofc you have gun depression which is a huge deal when it comes to not getting hit at all.

I would never choose to be in a t34 over a crusader, ever!

but I would never be on the same part of the map with either tank due to their differences, a lot of people compare the play style due to the fast fire gun, but that is where it ends, crusader plays like the US med tree, no armor because terrain is your armor.

oh and I checked your stats on both the t34 and crusader and even though you only have 18 battles in the crusader your stats for it are far better than your t34 stats, you do over 120 more damage per battle and earn over 200 more XP per battle, and your hit ratio is 20% higher

Edited by Kyphe, 15 November 2012 - 03:06 PM.

NoRealNick #51 Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13127 battles

View PostKyphe, on 15 November 2012 - 02:40 PM, said:

You quote one hidden stat yet close your eyes to others, no where does wargaming tell you about the extra 50hp unless you equip the turret, which I have not done for a long time and forgot, not in the tech tree or in the wiki.

real aim time depends on a lot of factors, one of which is how big the aim circle gets during moment, as that governs how far the circle has to reduce before you can hit anything.

often you do not need to wait till the circle is fully reduced to fire, but the bigger the circle the longer it takes till the circle gets to a useful chance to hit size.

then you have the soft stat of sensitivity to movement of the aim circle, how quickly it gets bigger when accelerating or turning hull or turret.

in the crusader i was able to hit a running elc on the move 6 times in the row to finish it off.

T34 is sluggish, it takes far to long for my taste to get to its top speed for it to utilize that speed effectively  as it has less horse power per ton and the extra 2mm pen of the zis4 is not even worth mentioning as it gives no perceptible improvement on performance.

then ofc you have gun depression which is a huge deal when it comes to not getting hit at all.

I would never choose to be in a t34 over a crusader, ever!

but I would never be on the same part of the map with either tank due to their differences, a lot of people compare the play style due to the fast fire gun, but that is where it ends, crusader plays like the US med tree, no armor because terrain is your armor.

oh and I checked your stats on both the t34 and crusader and even though you only have 18 battles in the crusader your stats for it are far better than your t34 stats, you do over 120 more damage per battle and earn over 200 more XP per battle, and your hit ratio is 20% higher
You are right the fact of the 50 is nowhere mentioned. But nerverthe less you want to compare the T-34 to the crusader with only your memorys that apears to fade? compare them playing both at the "same" time an you might have the same feeling about the crusader that i have.
And as is said earlier my T-34 is that worst, because i go allways in to T8 games with it while it was still posiible to get there without a platoon. And while i played some games on the Crusader i bought me the T-34 back and now compared them a bit. if you say the Crusader is fine for you, then it is good for you and i have nothing to say against that. May be you are right that the crusader is more then the M7, i never played an was told from a good T-34 driver that it is rubish. I only have my humble oppinion and the hard facts WG gives us and in my conclusion the Crusader need some minor buffs to compete agaisnt the other T5. Wouldn t be bad for you?

Kyphe #52 Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 16253 battles

View PostNoRealNick, on 17 November 2012 - 03:33 PM, said:

You are right the fact of the 50 is nowhere mentioned. But nerverthe less you want to compare the T-34 to the crusader with only your memorys that apears to fade? compare them playing both at the "same" time an you might have the same feeling about the crusader that i have.
And as is said earlier my T-34 is that worst, because i go allways in to T8 games with it while it was still posiible to get there without a platoon. And while i played some games on the Crusader i bought me the T-34 back and now compared them a bit. if you say the Crusader is fine for you, then it is good for you and i have nothing to say against that. May be you are right that the crusader is more then the M7, i never played an was told from a good T-34 driver that it is rubish. I only have my humble oppinion and the hard facts WG gives us and in my conclusion the Crusader need some minor buffs to compete agaisnt the other T5. Wouldn t be bad for you?

if it was buffed, I would take a bit better turning, and a bit better fire on the move, I can't see them buffing the top speed.

as for guns , would not object to the crusader mounting the T5 75mk.V that you get on the comet as its basically a converted 6pdr anyway, though it is a useless gun tbh, it needs to be allowed to fire apcbc as standard just like the 75HV and the 17pdr , this would give it an average pen of 102mm and i would say damage of 116, it just needs to be balanced to give roughly 10% higher dpm than the 6pdr offset by its lower pen value to give a decent alternative to those people who prefer higher alpha damage with fewer shots

oh and as you said, t34 gets worse MM than the crusader, which counts towards how good a tank is in game, within its matchmaking, not just how good it is 1v1 with another tank of its tier

Edited by Kyphe, 17 November 2012 - 05:00 PM.

dysje #53 Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 28944 battles
Everyone can keep making excuses about the Crusader, in that it can actually do stuff, and since it has a gun and tracks... It can probably do something, but so can the m3Lee. People have good games with that one too. That doesn't make it a good tank however.

Crusader is hopelessly outclassed by anything else tier 5. A fair few tier 4 tanks are even better; Leopard, PzIII, T-28 sometimes, I ate Crusaders for breakfast in my A13 Covenanter!

Good for you people that you found a way to hide most of the battle and take opportunistic shots, but that just means the tank isn't a real part of battle and any real fight will be lost before it even begins. Especially when you're highest tier in a battle and you have to hide from tier 3 and 4's! The premium Churchill makes this gun work because it has hitpoints and armor. The Crusader is just a poor excuse for a shopping cart and belongs at tier 4. Just compare it to other similar tiered tanks.

It's slower than any tier 5 med (I know it's a light, thats the point!). It has less armor, less hitpoints (cause it's a light, but no speed or agility to make up for it!) and a horrible inaccurate gun. No firing on the move, and by the time you are aimed to hit, you are usually dead. Well yay for that gun depression. Doesn't really help all that much when the turret itself is so easily penetrated anyway.

Proper tier 5 lights? Hello ELC AMX. And I know the Crusader isn't an end tier like T-50-2, but it shouldn't be this bad! Compared to PzIII/IV, that tank has Everything more and Everything better than the Crusader. I know, light vs med, but light should atleast give Some sort of benefit? All it does now is make the Crusader blow up even sooner.

View PostGeist_Krieger, on 12 November 2012 - 08:44 AM, said:

Crusader is more of a flanking tank than any other med/light tank.
Plus it has a really low height for its tier, so if you drive close to bigger tanks they cant even shoot you, it pretty easy to kill KV2s and even Tigers that way, just because they cant aim at you.

Great but if they hit you, even with just 1km/h, you will suffer terrible damage.

Kyphe #54 Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 16253 battles
yes the worst thing for a crusader is to come up against a covanater with the 40mm autocannon at close range, pz3-4 was my favorite t5 for a long time, but I love the crusader, Its a keeper for me

Darzok #55 Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 6668 battles
The crusader is the worst T5 tank by far it is one of the few tanks in game that badly needs a buff.

It can not do any kind of turning unless you are willing to drop to 15kph.
It can not shoot on the move accy is that bad.
It can not snipe again poor accy.

The other T5 tanks just out class it in more or less every way apart form gun depression.

I could put up with the lack of accy if it could just turn with out all most coming to a stop.

AWACS_Ghost_Eye #56 Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:39 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13752 battles
I think that the Crusader is a nice tank, being able to lots of things if you know what you're doing. I don't know if anyone has already mentioned this, but IMO one of the Crusader's strengths is it's amazing reverse speed. Mine reverses 33 km/h downhill with ~60% crew and no equipment. I don't know how fast it reverses on a straight road, as I haven't needed to reverse on those, but I guess that it's roughly the same speed? Anyway, with the Crusader you can bush scout quite well IMO, especially on hilly maps as you can use your gun depression to shoot the enemies if you need to, and retreat very fast in reverse thanks to the great reverse speed and acceleration.

dysje #57 Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 28944 battles

View PostGensokyoMillenium, on 19 November 2012 - 12:39 PM, said:

I think that the Crusader is a nice tank, being able to lots of things if you know what you're doing. I don't know if anyone has already mentioned this, but IMO one of the Crusader's strengths is it's amazing reverse speed. Mine reverses 33 km/h downhill with ~60% crew and no equipment. I don't know how fast it reverses on a straight road, as I haven't needed to reverse on those, but I guess that it's roughly the same speed? Anyway, with the Crusader you can bush scout quite well IMO, especially on hilly maps as you can use your gun depression to shoot the enemies if you need to, and retreat very fast in reverse thanks to the great reverse speed and acceleration.

Almost all tier 4 tanks have just the same or a bigger view range and just the same or better camo values, so they bush/brushsscout a lot better. Crusader isn't good at this, it can just do it.... less than a lot of other tanks. That makes it suck.

Reverse speed downhill, any tank I have goes 33+ downhill in reverse easily. Crusader is nothing special. And just cause you can run away in it quite well, doesn't make it a good tank. You think it's a nice tank, well have fun with that, but compared to other tanks in the same tier and roles, it's just a horrible pile of manure and utterly useless, dare I say a liability to the team it's in. Kind of like the Lorraine before the buffs.

AWACS_Ghost_Eye #58 Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:28 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13752 battles

View Postdysje, on 19 November 2012 - 01:16 PM, said:

Almost all tier 4 tanks have just the same or a bigger view range and just the same or better camo values, so they bush/brushsscout a lot better. Crusader isn't good at this, it can just do it.... less than a lot of other tanks. That makes it suck.

Reverse speed downhill, any tank I have goes 33+ downhill in reverse easily. Crusader is nothing special. And just cause you can run away in it quite well, doesn't make it a good tank. You think it's a nice tank, well have fun with that, but compared to other tanks in the same tier and roles, it's just a horrible pile of manure and utterly useless, dare I say a liability to the team it's in. Kind of like the Lorraine before the buffs.

I dunno about the Lorraine as I've never had it, but the Crusader is one of my favourite T5 tanks, surpassed only by the T1 Heavy, Wolverine and Churchill I. I have the T-34, Sherman, and Panzer 3/4, and I have to say that the only one of those which I like as much as my Crusader is the Sherman, in a T5 battle. The Crusader is probably the smallest T5 tank and that's an advantage as well. I have no problems taking other tanks with my Crusader when they're occupied with something else. You just need to learn a new playstyle, learn from your mistakes and have a certain state of mind to play with the Crusader IMO. It's not a liability to your team if you know what to do, or are playing in a platoon with voice communication. These are just my opinions and yours may differ.

Kyphe #59 Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 16253 battles

View Postdysje, on 19 November 2012 - 01:16 PM, said:

My average non premium XP is better in this than any other T5 I have played or you have played except your premium churchill-LL, and your current win ratio in the crusader is above your average.

It's clear to me that you just don't get this tank, maybe in your hands it is a bag of shite? but in mine its murder on tracks, most often 99/98% of the time I am top of the xp total in our team win or loose so fuck this being a team liability, its epic if played in the right vein.

here are some tips

head for the hills, on any map this tank does better in rough terrain than flat or city terrain, the tank is so low that even gentle hills can shield you from fire, and its epic gun depression means you can shoot when often your opponents can't

Use the auto aim often, the speed of the shot is so fast that the auto aim can even hit moving targets up to to a point and the MM you get means that you often do not need to aim for weakspots, auto aim on this gun is very good, its often a better chance to hit than sniper, but it does not work all the time, auto does not work well on this tank on the move, circle strafing with auto aim is not as successful in this tank as others like the t50 pz38na t50-2 or similar.

when sniping remember that the shot almost always travels high, which is a common feature in low caliber high velocity guns in this game, so tend to aim slightly below your target to improve hit chance, even if one or two do hit the floor.

also remember that once you hit a target the computer rng will give your next few shots that same trajectory so stick with it.

in a dogfight never stay still you have pretty good power to wieght so use it to change from forward to reverse often to throw off the aim of your opponent, it often works better than full circling as many tanks at this level have pretty decent turret speed.

if you are up against an A13 remember ramming is an option as you weigh more than them and your ram will do far more damage than your gun will, one ram and two or three shots will kill them, they may get 4 to 6 shots off in that time of which two may well miss, if you can move the chance of being hit by the 40mm auto is low.

no you should never try and take on a pz4 or a 3/4 by yourself in a slugging match, unless your really have to, t34s and M4s are pretty doable though.

trying to circle jerk a derp gun on a fast turret is suicide, try not to close the rage with such a derp gun as range plus movement is a derps big enemy, half circle at 30-40m turn when they fire and go the other way.

I just got my ace tanker with a topgun btw

Edited by Kyphe, 19 November 2012 - 02:04 PM.

biffen #60 Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:37 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 4658 battles
  • [HOT] HOT
It's junk, the so called "engine upgrade" didn't do anything really. What's the point of this tank, can't really scout, sniping is not an option and neither is brawling...

Also tagged with Crusader, tier5, british, tanks, 8.1

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users