A guide to the ELC AMX

Poll guide ELC AMX leading shots ramming light tank +1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
55 replies to this topic

Poll: Best Tier 5 Scout (200 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Which is the best scout? (Tier 5)

1. ELC AMX (47 votes [23.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.50%

2. T-50-2 (102 votes [51.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 51.00%

3. M24 Chaffee (20 votes [10.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

4. VK 2801 (26 votes [13.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.00%

5. Crusader (5 votes [2.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.50%

Vote Hide poll

Kyphe #21 Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:15 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 16253 battles
I think one problem with this tank is it is too much fun, by that I mean it encourages you to take risks all the time, and rewards you greatly when it goes right but ends your game very quickly when it does not.

this tank is full of double edged swords, such as the speed, you feel you can get to anywhere, so you feel you can tactically contribute anywhere, but this can sometimes mean leaving an area you may have been better of sticking around in.

I was tackling a KV1s the other day, when i noticed a pair of lights including another elc sneak behind our lines heading for arty, auto pilot kicked in and I went tearing after them, even though there were others who could have defended.

we lost that battle because the Kv1s that I had gotten down from 100% to 26% HP went on to kill 7 of our team

jurjeskovici #22 Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:30 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7496 battles
It's a shame I haven't unlocked this bugger, but I can't stand the AMX 40 any longer.
Off-topic(kinda): I love to hunt ELCs with my A13 Cov.  They are such easy kills.

tzuiz #23 Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:50 AM

Private

• Player
  • 6442 battles
ELC is best scout in randoms, especially after when you get sixth sense & clutch braking and camo for crew.

Tactics =

First, do scout run. Turn back after seeing few, and plan your scout route because you turn like Titanic on Atlantic.

After scout run drove behind your first line and do small spot scout runs trying not to expose yourself too much(spending time and chasing enemy scouts if they come through line).

After you think every tank in map has somekind engagement going on(after 2-4 min), start your dive bomber attacks on enemies which are busy & looking elsewhere(often arties if you see chance going there, you really cant take many arty by yourself because of slow reload so normal tanks are easier targets). Do your magic Stuka attacks and after that hide if they turn on you. You are winner already if enemies turn pipes to you(your mates have easy time finishing them).

NEVER stop unless your position is covered and you can beat someones ass or you are hugging big tank. Hugging is now much harder because of new physics. Basically you have to hug from behind to be safe. I dont stop when attacking more than one arty, they will beat you together. After crew camo you will spot many TD's in your Scout run before they can spot you(they are moving and no goggles yet and you have camo bonus when driving).  Clutch braking really makes difference.

tzuiz, 64% winrate with ELC AMX, often in platoon with AMX 50 100

edit: forget ramming, you are lightest tank in game and you loose your precious HP when ramming(you are 1 shot for most t7 and bigger)

Edited by tzuiz, 19 November 2012 - 11:53 AM.

Mr_Burrows #24 Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 47166 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT

View Posttzuiz, on 19 November 2012 - 11:50 AM, said:

ELC is best scout in randoms, especially after when you get sixth sense & clutch braking and camo for crew.

Tactics =

First, do scout run. Turn back after seeing few, and plan your scout route because you turn like Titanic on Atlantic.

After scout run drove behind your first line and do small spot scout runs trying not to expose yourself too much(spending time and chasing enemy scouts if they come through line).

After you think every tank in map has somekind engagement going on(after 2-4 min), start your dive bomber attacks on enemies which are busy & looking elsewhere(often arties if you see chance going there, you really cant take many arty by yourself because of slow reload so normal tanks are easier targets). Do your magic Stuka attacks and after that hide if they turn on you. You are winner already if enemies turn pipes to you(your mates have easy time finishing them).

NEVER stop unless your position is covered and you can beat someones ass or you are hugging big tank. Hugging is now much harder because of new physics. Basically you have to hug from behind to be safe. I dont stop when attacking more than one arty, they will beat you together. After crew camo you will spot many TD's in your Scout run before they can spot you(they are moving and no goggles yet and you have camo bonus when driving).  Clutch braking really makes difference.

tzuiz, 64% winrate with ELC AMX, often in platoon with AMX 50 100

edit: forget ramming, you are lightest tank in game and you loose your precious HP when ramming(you are 1 shot for most t7 and bigger)

Listen to this guy, he knows what he is saying. I cannot find a single flaw in his post but it is the perfect guide to "how to" play the ELC.

Thargor11 #25 Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13916 battles
  • [C1DFL] C1DFL
The only thing you can ram is the Renault UE 57, but you rarely encounter it.

tzuiz #26 Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:07 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6442 battles
So why it is better than other scouts? It has gun which penetrates every sidearmor in game except Maus. You are fast damage dealer and scout in same package + you dont have to worry about gold being used when everything penetrates you.

2go4it #27 Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10163 battles
  • [SKK] SKK
And you can make use of even the slightest slope because of your low profile. Just make sure arty isn't looking for you.

Tasiorowski #28 Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29702 battles
Being pure scout will be hard due to very poor radio range. U can be one in Tier 8 battle, because there will probably be some good american tanks with biggest radio range and it will sum up with yours. But being in Tier5/6 battle is just wasting this PAIN, PAIN in the ass tank

Mr_Burrows #29 Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:38 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 47166 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT

View PostTasiorowski, on 23 November 2012 - 12:06 PM, said:

Being pure scout will be hard due to very poor radio range. U can be one in Tier 8 battle, because there will probably be some good american tanks with biggest radio range and it will sum up with yours. But being in Tier5/6 battle is just wasting this PAIN, PAIN in the ass tank

Oh, in a tier 5-6 battle you can OWN the battlefield in this tank. You "just" have to adapt your tactics. Loved my last battle at that range of tiers, was on Malinovka. Quick up on the hill, spot, kill off enemy T-50, spot down towards enemy base, kill off a PZ, seriously dmg the Churchill, duck for cover, kill the E8, kill the SU-26 - win.
And BTW, you got close to 54% WR in it, and still do not like it? I just do not get that...

Corvi #30 Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 44139 battles
What kind of stupid Poll is this ? The ELC is no scout .. Everyone scouting with the ELC should be stabbed in the neck with a fork and then taken away the tank ..

Crusader is no scout btw either, wtf is wrong with you people ?

Tasiorowski #31 Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:37 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29702 battles

View PostMr_Burrows, on 24 November 2012 - 11:38 AM, said:

Oh, in a tier 5-6 battle you can OWN the battlefield in this tank. You "just" have to adapt your tactics. Loved my last battle at that range of tiers, was on Malinovka. Quick up on the hill, spot, kill off enemy T-50, spot down towards enemy base, kill off a PZ, seriously dmg the Churchill, duck for cover, kill the E8, kill the SU-26 - win.
And BTW, you got close to 54% WR in it, and still do not like it? I just do not get that...
Mate, i meant that this is PAIN, PAIN in the ass tank FOR ENEMY TEAM :) I love it, have some good WR and I still learn it. If you are in tier 5/6 battle you own the battlefield, thats true. But there will be some guys sayin "ELC go scout" and this is written by guy with some 75 mm shit gun. :)

Edited by Tasiorowski, 26 November 2012 - 08:39 AM.

RegularLogic #32 Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:35 AM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Diplomat
  • 38744 battles
I used to think that this tank was very poor.... until I started playing it.

Having got myself the Chaffee, VK2801 and T-50-2, this tank has to be one of the most fun to drive.... You run around, at decent speed, with very low profile and fire at things on the move... Don't play it as a scout, play as an assassin, like all AMX lights after it.

DaveyDent #33 Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:57 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 25494 battles
Hmm, i think the OP's guide is quite good, i try to play in a similar style, although i am just learning the tank (60 battles).

ATM i am still on my first skill, 68% cam, once it gets over 100% i will change it to BIA. Then start cam again. Athough after a number of games now i am pulling towards the drivers skill of 'Clutch Breaking' and for the commander '6th Sense'.

Fittings i did have (mostly because they were in my store) cam net, bino's and toolbox. The tool box i have found makes next to no difference, most of the time your one shot or your in a situation that if your tracked there is going to be a lot more rounds incoming very quickly as players know you can cause a lot of damage. So therefore i dropped the tool box for Vents. I will also proberbly change the bino's for Optics next time there is a modual special on.

http://mwreplays.com/DaveyDent/

link to my replay page with some ELC battles posted

Pansenmann #34 Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 35133 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I am getting near the 500 battle mark on my elc. 2nd skill (camo) ~ 89%

It is still unique in its handling. Capable of causing FUD to the enemy and also capable of dying faster than light.
In the wrong hands (the red team) it can be a devastating weapon, despite its mediocre sight and radio.

Still I love my TigerP a wee bit more :)

Tasiorowski #35 Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:46 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29702 battles
I found that when U light yourself somewhere near their asses, it pisses off about half of a team, and u can be sure that this fast and agile T-44 will chase you till your or his death

Von_Hornitz #36 Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 17038 battles
  • [GA] GA

View Postmynameispuffs, on 10 November 2012 - 04:23 PM, said:

4. The bean method
Everyone says this tank can't circle strafe. They are right. It can bean strafe.
Imagine the shape of a bean:
Imagine the enemy tank is at the far left of the image. You want to follow the outline of the bean. Lets say you are going clockwise. You drive towards the enemy tank and reach the bottom of the bean. You shoot at the enemy tank, then make an arc around them. you then swerve and start to make a half-circle around them, turn towards them when you get to the bottom of the bean, and shoot them again.
This will not work in every case, so use the cover provided by the map to help you avoid the enemy's gun. Also, attempt to track them with your first shot so you have a chance for a side shot by ending the bean early.
DO NOT. I Repeat, DO NOT do this to a vehicle with extremely fast turret traverse. They will shoot you when you turn to fire at them. For that sort of vehicle (such as a type 59) get one shot at them, and then follow #2.
I hope this helps

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ecc2sn

I just think this replay says it all. Please note I got a ping fail against the E75 without being smashed out, that was my bad an luck of this game same time ! :D

As 'mynameispuffs says, wait until last moment to shot, any case you are standing alone against a tank, YOU MUST WAIT. And when way is open, like in this replay, run fast and straight at your ennemy and don't forget to autolock, that will provide you some stability to concentrate on the only objective that is yours : PENETRATION. And then turn hard and go away. In German aeronautics we call that boom and zoom. But, you know, sometimes that can fail, a corridor should never be that tight. ^^ And so far when I attacked a Type 59 ! ^^

VikinG_sG #37 Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:58 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 31385 battles
http://www.youtube.c...d&v=YE13o5NvcQI

:Smile_trollface-3:

Mr_Burrows #38 Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 47166 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT

View PostCorvi, on 24 November 2012 - 12:18 PM, said:

What kind of stupid Poll is this ? The ELC is no scout .. Everyone scouting with the ELC should be stabbed in the neck with a fork and then taken away the tank ..

Crusader is no scout btw either, wtf is wrong with you people ?

The ELC is an Excellent scout! It is also an Excellent TD, an Excellent assassin, and Excellent re-setter, an Excellent finisher, and so on.
So in short; you are wrong. Long version; the ELC does wonders when scouting. It just excels at other traits too. Best game method is running like a madman to a good scouting position, light up a few, then head back to friendly lines where you then perform the other roles in about the order that I put them.

xCaptainObviousx #39 Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:52 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 23222 battles
  • [4077] 4077
I use my ELC as a rapid deployment TD. I get to a forward possition quickly and use my camo to get a peek at the enemy base as they deploy then wait for my own team to catch up before surveying the map to see where I'm needed and try to provide fire support from far away.

Good things to know about the camo: with 100% camo crew a tank with 400 meter view range will have to be within 260 meters of you to spot you when you stand in the open. When you fire your camo becomes that of a stationary Tiger H and you'll probably get spotted but (tested vs IS-8 at 280 meter range) you'll become cloaked after about 3 seconds which is hardly enough for the enemy to even turn his turret your way.
The camo means that you have superior view range than every heavy or medium in the game but things hiding in bushes will give you a nasty suprise.

The gun is great as it's on par with that you might find at tier 8 on mediums so don't waste it on doing stupid things, that gun is invaluable in the last minutes of the game. My tip (yes, it's "cheating") is to load a few gold shells, you never know when you'll need to pen that E-75 frontally or simply can't afford a bounce/failed pen.

Yesterday I had a great game in the ELC that i'd like to share where I used it's speed and stealth combined with a ****ton of luck to turn the game in my favor.

http://mwreplays.com...y/DYT6RRMIP95A/

Tasiorowski #40 Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:13 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29702 battles
One of my best battles in game

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also tagged with Poll, guide, ELC, AMX, leading, shots, ramming, light, tank, +1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users