AMX 12t is an abysmal tank

amx 12t useless underpowered terrible awful unplayable

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
191 replies to this topic

Lin3 #141 Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31130 battles
I lost a game in my 12t because I ran out of ammo. I was left alone against a T34 tier 8 heavy and a Grille. Would have killed them both if I'd had another 6 to 8 shells.

Seems like there's a limit of about 3000 damage you can do per battle in a 12t - unless you have a lot of luck in every shot hitting and penetrating for damage, or in ammo racking or fire starting shots.

Shegzor #142 Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23555 battles
  • [TEC] TEC
People seem to be forgetting the main feature of this tank: being a lead magnet.
I swear everytime I pop up somewhere, everbody that can see me stops shooting what they're shooting at and tries to hit me.
I really love going on top of the hill in A2 (the rocky place on top of the hill) on El Halluf and just driving backwards and forwards. It will divert all their arties and whoever was attempting to climb the hill to try and get a shot at you. If you're unpredictable (and lucky) enough, you should have no problem keeping the attention of half the enemy team for up to five minutes before somebody decides to just go for it and pop a shell at you, but if your team can abuse the diversion (sadly, a very rare occurence), you should have won half the game by then.
Anyway, just a fun little thing. Everybody seems to prioritize French lights above all other targets for some reason (even tanks you can't reliably pen at all).

aeraaa83 #143 Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:48 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 11056 battles

View PostShegzor, on 15 June 2013 - 10:07 PM, said:

People seem to be forgetting the main feature of this tank: being a lead magnet.
I swear everytime I pop up somewhere, everbody that can see me stops shooting what they're shooting at and tries to hit me.
I really love going on top of the hill in A2 (the rocky place on top of the hill) on El Halluf and just driving backwards and forwards. It will divert all their arties and whoever was attempting to climb the hill to try and get a shot at you. If you're unpredictable (and lucky) enough, you should have no problem keeping the attention of half the enemy team for up to five minutes before somebody decides to just go for it and pop a shell at you, but if your team can abuse the diversion (sadly, a very rare occurence), you should have won half the game by then.
Anyway, just a fun little thing. Everybody seems to prioritize French lights above all other targets for some reason (even tanks you can't reliably pen at all).

THe reason is they're supposed to be an easy kill (which they are if the driver isnt good).

Fang89 #144 Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:43 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15335 battles
I had a lucky start with this tank, but then I guess it ran out and I had streaks of terrible matches where half of the magazine got eaten by tracks etc. When I came back to it, I still needed to grind like 15k exp, so I just got lazy, loaded full gold, stopped thinking and just found nearest tank, vomitted entire magazine into it, dealing damage with all shots aaand thats how I got past this tank with decent score.  :sceptic:

Djamby #145 Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1171 battles

View PostBoomstick1, on 15 November 2012 - 12:50 AM, said:

And it needs to be deleted from the game. Yeah the early French tanks like the D1 and B1 suck utter dick, but at least they won't take long to grind through or can easily be free xp-ed past. The 12t is a tier six tank that has... mimimi I cant stop crying about my own perfomance...mimimi...I was stuck in the mud after the maus passed by...QQ...I cant even describe what Iam doing wrong with this tank....T_T...I just want to...mimimi..

Hmm okay.

Sorry all I read was this. But to be fair. You sir are the problem, not the tank. There is no room to argue with that point, neither to discuss.
This tank is not the best in this game, or belongs to the top 10, but its still a great tank and it performs pretty well in the role it was created to. Now....think about it.
Because Iam sure 99,9999995% of all your games ... you did just the wrong job in this tank.

And next time, stop creating a post where you just QQ about your own mistakes, instead create one to ask for advice how to perform better to fit the role this tank was made for.

my 22 Cent.

conductiv #146 Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:35 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 34565 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO

View Postaeraaa83, on 19 June 2013 - 11:48 PM, said:

THe reason is they're supposed to be an easy kill (which they are if the driver isnt good).

no, because a french light can quickly kill a tank that allows it into its flank. french lights have no shortage of firepower, even the 12t can manage close to 800 damage in a clip and does that in ~14 seconds. while you are likely to get lucky and bounce one or 2, with the same amount of bad luck he knocks out half your modules and burns you to a crisp. rapid fire high penetration lights are extremely dangerous when they manage to target the 2 modules that might cause fire, as they get a lot of chances to cause fire before you can even react to it, on top of the rather high burst they carry.

the 12t has 144mm penetration, there are very few tanks that can ignore the 12t because it is sure to bounce its shells.

PowJay #147 Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:01 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 40068 battles
I had a game up to tier IX in the 12t where, iirc, I came 2nd on XP and 3rd on damage.

After making a nuisance of myself during the battle,  I made my way to the enemy base and took out the arty.

Then I played peek-a-boo with a damaged T30, but he turned too fast. Once he was distracted by my allies arriving,  I pumped five damaging shots into it, claiming the kill.

In another- losing- up to IX battle, I was the last left alive and came third in damage behind a pair of IS tanks. Too be fair,  that was one hell of a noob team with two VII and a VI LT being ahead of VIIIs and IXs in damage!!!

I've now got enough XP for one of the VII vehicles,  so I've still got lots of time to make my mind up,  but played well,  the 12t delivers for me.

Pleashca #148 Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:37 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 27897 battles

View Postconductiv, on 22 July 2013 - 09:35 AM, said:

no, because a french light can quickly kill a tank that allows it into its flank. french lights have no shortage of firepower, even the 12t can manage close to 800 damage in a clip and does that in ~14 seconds. while you are likely to get lucky and bounce one or 2, with the same amount of bad luck he knocks out half your modules and burns you to a crisp. rapid fire high penetration lights are extremely dangerous when they manage to target the 2 modules that might cause fire, as they get a lot of chances to cause fire before you can even react to it, on top of the rather high burst they carry.

the 12t has 144mm penetration, there are very few tanks that can ignore the 12t because it is sure to bounce its shells.

You have no idea what you're talking about sorry - either you are not or have not played the 12 t. I'm bouncing off Hellcat for **** sake - and t's from 3 meters away...

Shegzor #149 Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23555 battles
  • [TEC] TEC

View PostPleashca, on 29 July 2013 - 02:37 PM, said:

You have no idea what you're talking about sorry - either you are not or have not played the 12 t. I'm bouncing off Hellcat for **** sake - and t's from 3 meters away...

And I've killed two IS-7 with it, one from full HP. Clearly you're shooting at the wrong places (or are just very unlucky).

Judqment8 #150 Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:00 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 23824 battles

View PostPleashca, on 29 July 2013 - 02:37 PM, said:

Just like Shegzor said. You are CLEARLY shooting the wrong places if you are bouncing off from a Hellcat from 3 meters away. I have too killed IS7, JagdPanzer E100 etc. with it using normal ammo only of course.

Suranis1 #151 Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:48 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8691 battles
I have found the AMX 12T is the one light tank I can rarely beat when i am scouting around on my VK 28.01, There's zip wrong with it.

If you are bouncing off a hellcat you are obviously shooting places where its armour is sloped away from you. I've bounced off a Hellcat in my Lowe a couple of times when I did that.

EimiuX #152 Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:41 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13258 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Well my motto for the 12t is: Fuck scouting, we're going man mode. Unless I'm in a T10 game. Then it's some passive scouting and targets of opportunity

Grokh #153 Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:00 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17442 battles
the amx12t isnt bad what is bad is its MM, it used to be good but since the last 3 patches or so they ruined it putting it on matches it cant do shit.

fras23 #154 Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:53 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5836 battles
noobmeter tank stats never lie, the hellcat is OP and has a troll like 57% win rate. The 12t is next to bottom in it's tier, and the 13 75 is bottom. You can argue specifics all day long, but the stats clearly show that these tanks are not on par with their peers and need either an MM or tank buff!

EvilSabot #155 Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:04 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3466 battles
This tank has no place in tiers 8 to 10. The radio selection is also comical: a default tier 3 radio, and the only other one is a tier 10 radio which takes forever to unlock. That's like a subtle mockery of all people who call this tank a "scout", but I digress.

The MatchMaking for this tank should be tweaked so that it gets into tier 8 battles at most, or the tank should be buffed in terms of mobility. I wouldn't suggest a firepower buff because that would render the next two AMX light tanks useless.

Kvaak #156 Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:43 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 13483 battles
Mobility buff might do the trick, limiting its MM would basically turn it into a T6 BatChat. Well, one that struggles against some T8s frontally but on T7 matches it just murders everything.

_Guzuzu_ #157 Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:14 AM

Private

• Player
  • 4079 battles
i've destroyed 4 vehicles twice and i liked 12t much

fras23 #158 Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:21 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5836 battles
I think a gun elevation/depression buff would do me, It's incredibly limiting on some maps.
Oh.. and it also needs more ammo. It's so easy to run out in tier 9/10 games where the HP pool is massive.
There's some irony when the tier 5 tank (elc) would actually be much more desirable in most situations than the tier 6/7.

Edited by fras23, 15 October 2013 - 09:53 AM.

IronSpear #159 Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:03 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25579 battles

View Postfras23, on 10 October 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

noobmeter tank stats never lie, the hellcat is OP and has a troll like 57% win rate. The 12t is next to bottom in it's tier, and the 13 75 is bottom. You can argue specifics all day long, but the stats clearly show that these tanks are not on par with their peers and need either an MM or tank buff!
Bushwah

All it shows that people driving it our idiots that can not use it properly. Looking up tanks stats for tier 6 Light tanks (who the hell compares different classes) It is right in middle of the bunch with win rate.

I have 300 games with it 52.43 Win Rate which is slightly better then my average and that was my first auto loader. First 100 games I had 39 % ffs. Typical French feature every dam tank has different style and it drives nothing like the ELC which is before it.

So you have whole lot of people thinking it is same style and failing Hard and having no clue how to play an auto-loader playing it pushing the stats even lower.

If you get a person to play this after they mastered the 13 75 for example you get much higher stats 60 % short term actually. Look at 59 16 another first in the tree as far as auto loader same thing crappy stats.
It is basically that about the time you unlock the next tank you just starting to understand what you are doing (if you not an idiot and do not learn from mistakes) but all the mess you did in learning the thing means your stats are still crapat that point. If people would unlock the arty as well all the time the stats would be much higher.

Also good crew makes a world of difference for this vehicle Camo light bulb BIA mobility skills critcal eye. I love the thing it is a ninja assassin. Load up 50 50 gold and normal ammo switch based on MM.

Eokokok #160 Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:12 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18751 battles
I wish I had enough willpower to master this little fellow... 13 75 already waiting in my garage, but the notion of going forward without getting a good grip on a previous tank is making me sick... Then again if I master 12t (or at least get decent at it) it can get only easier with next tanks in this line.

Also tagged with amx, 12t, useless, underpowered, terrible, awful, unplayable

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users