Jump to content


Interested in your tank´s camo rating?


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

Ikarases #1 Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 1,845
  • Member since:
    04-02-2012
Here you go!

http://forum.worldof...ouflage-tables/

I take no credit for it, thank that guy who created it and be sure to bookmark it...

Enjoy! :)

St4hl #2 Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 395
  • Member since:
    03-12-2011
topic will soon be locked. good i made a copy of the table just in case  :Smile_trollface-3:

Ikarases #3 Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 1,845
  • Member since:
    04-02-2012

View PostSt4hl, on 18 November 2012 - 02:39 PM, said:

topic will soon be locked. good i made a copy of the table just in case  :Smile_trollface-3:

I doubt about it, it´s there since August... And if you think that mine will be locked, I don´t really care, I just wanted to share some info with fellow tankers, which is already posted elsewhere for a long time :)

Earl_Grey #4 Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 870
  • Member since:
    06-28-2011
Appreciated bro, I was still using the 7.5 tables didn't realize they had updated it.

Navarome #5 Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 2,143
  • Member since:
    04-20-2011
awsome , thanks

KavouroGamoSavros #6 Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 288
  • Member since:
    10-12-2011
And to light up some sparks, here is the mean value of stationary camo for the main nations:

Nation:    USSR      GER USA

Light T: 17.95    17.23   17.57 ---->good calibration
TD:    20.4   15.04    16.38 -----> RU tanks, 35% better than GER, 25% better than USA
Med T:   15.25   12.41    12.25    ------> RU 23% better than ger, 25%better than USA
H T:    7.72   5 7.19 -------> RU 54% better than Ger, 7% better than USA
SPG   8.94 10 9.57 ------->Ger  12%better than RU  4% better than USA

Mean Value:14.29 12.25   12.99   --------> RU  17% better than GER, 10% better than USA

In Td line, where the camo matters the most, RU tanks have almost 35% better camo than GER and USA tanks, And 16% in overall!

(I am sorry about how the table is shown, red color are the ru, blue the usa, black germ)

Edited by KavouroGamoSavros, 18 November 2012 - 03:47 PM.


dUG1 #7 Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 1,138
  • Member since:
    05-01-2011
Its funny how every single Soviet TD has (insanely) better camo value than same tier German TD.

Most obvious example - SU-152, based on HEAVY TANK and wielding huge ass gun, has more camo in all 3 categories than JagdPanther, based on MEDIUM TANK and top gun being 105mm.
Not to mention SU-122-44, JagdPanther ripoff and one tier higher, having again superior camo.

Dat logic....

Navarome #8 Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 2,143
  • Member since:
    04-20-2011

View PostKavouroGamoSavros, on 18 November 2012 - 03:36 PM, said:

And to light up some sparks, here is the mean value of stationary camo for the main nations:

Nation:    USSR      GER USA

Light T: 17.95    17.23   17.57 ---->good calibration
TD:    20.4   15.04    16.38 -----> RU tanks, 35% better than GER, 25% better than USA
Med T:   15.25   12.41    12.25    ------> RU 23% better than ger, 25%better than USA
H T:    7.72   5 7.19 -------> RU 54% better than Ger, 7% better than USA
SPG   8.94 10 9.57 ------->Ger  12%better than RU  4% better than USA

Mean Value:14.29 12.25   12.99   --------> RU  17% better than GER, 10% better than USA

In Td line, where the camo matters the most, RU tanks have almost 35% better camo than GER and USA tanks, And 16% in overall!

(I am sorry about how the table is shown, red color are the ru, blue the usa, black germ)

still, germany have the tds with the most cammo ingame.

and the brits also have good cammo tank like valentine and crusader

KavouroGamoSavros #9 Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 288
  • Member since:
    10-12-2011

View PostNavarome, on 18 November 2012 - 04:15 PM, said:

still, germany have the tds with the most cammo ingame.

and the brits also have good cammo tank like valentine and crusader

Obj 268, Tier 10 TD firing a 152mm gun has 4 times better camo than a stationary Maus. and better camo than a stationary E-75!!! It even have better camo than the light scout Amx 13! Because in Russia 152mm arty guns are more silent than a bb gun! Because when you fire a 152mm gun, it's the size of the tank that give up your possition, and not the smoke, and sound, and flames, and dust from the gun!

Seriously, the camo values are ridiculous. And it is not because of calibration issues. At least, the firing camo, should be almost the same for every same caliber gun, on every tank, on every nation! A firing tank, should have 4 time less camo than a stationary tank, and 2times less than a moving tank! Not 4 times better than stationary tanks!

The camo values should be  (in the same units as the ones presented)  20-10 for stationary tanks based on dimesnions (volume can be a nice one), 10-5 for moving tanks based primary on speed and dimension, 7-0 for firing based on gun caliber. A stationary tank will always have better camo than a running tank, and tanks firing should have the worst camo, much less than stationary tanks.

Edited by KavouroGamoSavros, 18 November 2012 - 05:01 PM.